Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

Bluejay12 Jul 3, 2019 10:24am | Post# 981

It would be interesting as a group to see just how many different 4hr timings we have depending on which broker we use. My times are UTC (GMT) My broker is city index in London 00:00 04:00 08:00 12:00 16:00 20:00

Im forex.com USA
time shifts one hour when daylight savings is in effect so this time of year

8am
12pm
4pm
8pm
midnight

Atheos Jul 3, 2019 10:27am | Post# 982

It would be interesting as a group to see just how many different 4hr timings we have depending on which broker we use. My times are UTC (GMT) My broker is city index in London 00:00 04:00 08:00 12:00 16:00 20:00
hi, are you trading a live account? I am currently using a demo with global prime because I heard good things about them but being in the UK would prefer a UK broker for the more convenient candle times. If you're trading live any comments on City Index as a broker?

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 10:27am | Post# 983

1 Attachment(s)
For the "Non-Believers"....Believe it.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Non Believers.PNG
Size: 197 KB

Backspin Jul 3, 2019 10:35am | Post# 984

1 Attachment(s)
GBP pushing down more
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1134.PNG
Size: 18 KB

salimc Jul 3, 2019 10:42am | Post# 985

3 Attachment(s)
Hello RH,
Is this a valid setup? Because in H4 and Daily they agree but in weekly they don't agree. Thanks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: #H4.jpg
Size: 218 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: #D1.jpg
Size: 199 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: #W.jpg
Size: 219 KB

gj7rwt Jul 3, 2019 10:44am | Post# 986

{quote} hi, are you trading a live account? I am currently using a demo with global prime because I heard good things about them but being in the UK would prefer a UK broker for the more convenient candle times. If you're trading live any comments on City Index as a broker?
Yes I trade a live account. The only thing I would say is that on some of the lesser traded cross currency pairs, the spread becomes a bit too large which tends to put me off trading those currency pairs. Other than that, I've had no problems

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 10:57am | Post# 987

{quote} RH - I looked at the buy on the AUDUSD but was put off by resistance at 0.70209. I guess if it breaks through it will really go. What is your philosophy here, make the trade anyway and see where it goes or am I being sensible as an inexperienced trader to see if resistance is broken first? {image}
I don't know whether I am ultimately better off or not, but I NEVER even consider support and resistance lines or areas before entering a trade.

I simply do what the indicators tell me to do. If they are right, then I make money and if they are wrong then I lose some. It's as simple as that.

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 11:04am | Post# 988

Hello RH, Is this a valid setup? Because in H4 and Daily they agree but in weekly they don't agree. Thanks. {image} {image} {image}
I don't review the weekly chart before I enter a trade.

NORMALLY, I get my entry signals from the 4 Hr. chart, but I USUALLY look at the Daily chart first.

Then sometimes that 4 Hr. trade I keep and then if or when the Daily chart gives me a trade in the same direction, I keep it and start following it on the Daily chart.

Backspin Jul 3, 2019 11:06am | Post# 989

Last H4 Bar open for me was 16:00 Chart time with AxiTrader (Aus).
That was 13:00 GMT and 09:00 NY.

salimc Jul 3, 2019 11:18am | Post# 990

{quote} I don't review the weekly chart before I enter a trade. NORMALLY, I get my entry signals from the 4 Hr. chart, but I USUALLY look at the Daily chart first. Then sometimes that 4 Hr. trade I keep and then if or when the Daily chart gives me a trade in the same direction, I keep it and start following it on the Daily chart.
I also don't look at the weekly. So according to 4H and Daily the entry was correct? Thanks.

Atheos Jul 3, 2019 11:49am | Post# 991

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I don't know whether I am ultimately better off or not, but I NEVER even consider support and resistance lines or areas before entering a trade. I simply do what the indicators tell me to do. If they are right, then I make money and if they are wrong then I lose some. It's as simple as that.
A simple answer, thank you.

Have had mixed success so far; not the system, more just discipline and missing some good opportunities because of work/family etc. I have come to realise that you just have to keep dipping your toe in, if it turns out to be the wrong time, take a small loss; very soon you will strike the right trade and that will more than cover all the little losses.

Currently my best trade so far and could go further - GBPCAD h4

Thanks for the time you are putting into this RH.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 235 KB

Bluejay12 Jul 3, 2019 12:01pm | Post# 992

Eur aud just fell so hard ! Good pips there you guys

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 12:29pm | Post# 993

I have mentioned before that I used to create computerized mechanical trading systems and write the code.

16 years ago I moved to another state 500 miles away and not being sure if I would stay there, I put all of my trading stuff in mini storage.

Just recently I finally got the stuff out of storage and I came across the name of my first website (which I had forgotten) that I created back in 2001.

There is a website that catalogs all websites called web.archive.org aka The Wayback Machine which has my old website on it.

I thought some of you might find it interesting reading.

Here's the website:

Home Page:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010802...com/index.html

About:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030401...om/aboutus.htm

Pricing:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010803...com/page9.html

handysniper Jul 3, 2019 1:01pm | Post# 994

I have mentioned before that I used to create computerized mechanical trading systems and write the code. 16 years ago I moved to another state 500 miles away and not being sure if I would stay there, I put all of my trading stuff in mini storage. Just recently I finally got the stuff out of storage and I came across the name of my first website (which I had forgotten) that I created back in 2001. There is a website that catalogs all websites called web.archive.org aka The Wayback Machine which has my old website on it. I thought some of you might...
So you have end selling the system ? ...is it the same method we are using right now ?

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 1:02pm | Post# 995

{quote} A simple answer, thank you. Have had mixed success so far; not the system, more just discipline and missing some good opportunities because of work/family etc. I have come to realise that you just have to keep dipping your toe in, if it turns out to be the wrong time, take a small loss; very soon you will strike the right trade and that will more than cover all the little losses. Currently my best trade so far and could go further - GBPCAD h4 Thanks for the time you are putting into this RH. {image}
That's true!

Congratulations on a making a really good trade! Lots more will come if you stick with it AND DON'T OVERTHINK THE TRADES, just do what the indicators are telling you to do.

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 2:00pm | Post# 996

{quote} So you have end selling the system ? ...is it the same method we are using right now ?
No, what we trade now is not in any way related to those systems.

I was trading commodities and Futures back then, not the Forex.

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 2:03pm | Post# 997

I am closing all of my trades early because I am having a 4th of July party at my house with about 12 guests for the next 5 days starting today and I won't be able to trade any.

Backspin Jul 3, 2019 2:06pm | Post# 998

Have a great 4th RH. Thanks again for everything.

RobinHood Jul 3, 2019 2:18pm | Post# 999

Have a great 4th RH. Thanks again for everything.
Thanks! You too!

Bluejay12 Jul 3, 2019 2:57pm | Post# 1000

{quote} Thanks! You too!

Have a great party for the 4th and good break from the 4h charts !! Thnaks for all your care and share....

Enjoy time with family and friends .. happy birthday America

cheers !

© Forex Factory