Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 7:42pm | Post# 3001

To be honest most all trades I have taken so far have been in draw down right after I enter trade . Iím thinking I should almost set a pending order like 15-20 pips in opposite direction so it makes it automated and if it triggers great if not price runs away and forget about it
That's WHY I usually drop down to the 5 min. chart after I get the entry signal on the 4 hr. chart, so I can fine tune the entry.

On my trades today, I was just trying to get into a large basket of trades quickly so I didn't do it...but I should have.

MrsWatanabe Aug 14, 2019 9:06pm | Post# 3002

{quote} 私もあなたを愛しています Watashi mo anata o aishiteimasu
Danke!   ありがとう! arigatou!

Juhu! Ich bin froh! 嬉しい! ureshii!

Mrs.W

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 9:59pm | Post# 3003

{quote} That's WHY I usually drop down to the 5 min. chart after I get the entry signal on the 4 hr. chart, so I can fine tune the entry. On my trades today, I was just trying to get into a large basket of trades quickly so I didn't do it...but I should have.
All trades placed at noon today eastern time all hit stop loss, except 2 pairs still running in loss at the moment

PhillipmC Aug 14, 2019 10:03pm | Post# 3004

{quote} All trades placed at noon today eastern time all hit stop loss, except 2 pairs still running in loss at the moment
Do u mean all trades that RH posted ?
Or your private trades

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 10:22pm | Post# 3005

{quote} Do u mean all trades that RH posted ? Or your private trades
All trades RH posted earlier today

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 10:29pm | Post# 3006

{quote} All trades RH posted earlier today
I still have 8 open trades, but I may have added 1-2 more, I can't remember exactly.

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 10:33pm | Post# 3007

{quote} I still have 8 open trades, but I may have added 1-2 more, I can't remember exactly.
150$ down using .04 lots , following same stop loss and entryís

PhillipmC Aug 14, 2019 10:52pm | Post# 3008

{quote} All trades RH posted earlier today
not saying you did this in anyway Bluejay.. but for any new traders out there just a little bit of advice.. I saw RH post all of his trades as well i straight away got onto the charts and started to place some trades as RH started all this and gave us this awesome system it must be right right ?

Then something clicked inside my head saying was this your trading plan or someone else's ? i then took all orders off the table and checked all my charts and place a few order according to my plan.. Always trade you own plan guys... It was so tempting to jump on RH'S trades..

40PipsAlan Aug 15, 2019 12:57am | Post# 3009

{quote} Thank you. For those who don't know, Ubi.Major (Major) is Italian (but lives in Switzerland) and English isn't his first language, so bare with the translations as he is doing the best he can. Imagine if we had to post in Russian or Chinese. It would be very intimidating for most of us to say the least!
Or Klingon!

40PipsAlan Aug 15, 2019 1:04am | Post# 3010

{quote} 150$ down using .04 lots , following same stop loss and entryís
Similar results here. I didnt take all of the RH trades, Just a couple that I spotted. Still in DD

pb41 Aug 15, 2019 2:18am | Post# 3011

{quote} Same exact indicators. It's just a new way of visualizing them.
Thanks again RH for this fantastic thread. I am really enjoying it and finding it immensely valuable.
I may be completely wrong, but it seems to me that the latest indicators generate buy and sell signals a few bars later
than the original ones, particularly if you wait for a green or red vertical line. Are you perhaps intentionally
giving up some pips in return for greater certainty i.e. less potential risk or have I misunderstood the trade entry requirements.

josi Aug 15, 2019 2:23am | Post# 3012

{quote} Same exact indicators. It's just a new way of visualizing them.
If the trend HMA (Hull moving average) is on the chart anyway (following price candles).
Where is the extra value in having it also integrated as part of the oscillator?
If you wanna see whether it is up or down/or which colour it has, you could just look at the MA (as it is already there).
I'd just like to understand it, no offence etc.

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 2:33am | Post# 3013

{quote} Yes Dad. Got another one on there now
That was too late in the day for me. Volatility goes way down when US market closes. I would probably have to hold overnight and pay swap, which is not worth it with small profit targets. Even if I had made an m1 entry with 5 pips TP, it is likely even that would not have been hit, and I would have to either manage the drawdown or exit with a loss.

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 2:37am | Post# 3014

{quote} If the trend HMA (Hull moving average) is on the chart anyway (following price candles). Where is the extra value in having it also integrated as part of the oscillator. If you wanna see whether it is up or down/or which colour it has, you could just look at the MA (as it is already there).
Or go the other direction and just remove HMA from the price window.

Some folks like to see the forest, others like to see the trees. And then the special guys that are in the forest checking the trees, but also with a drone overhead giving them a view of the forest at the same time.

40PipsAlan Aug 15, 2019 3:09am | Post# 3015

{quote} Or go the other direction and just remove HMA from the price window. Some folks like to see the forest, others like to see the trees. And then the special guys that are in the forest checking the trees, but also with a drone overhead giving them a view of the forest at the same time.
Someone has cut all my trees down.

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 3:15am | Post# 3016

{quote} Someone has cut all my trees down.
Yes. They were harvested by someone else--like taking candy from a baby.

vortexz Aug 15, 2019 3:21am | Post# 3017

I am wondering if this is a shenangian here ...
I've been doing this strategy for a while already and I get mroe losses than wins
I am applying the trades 100% correctly
Even those trades posted to RH earlier sucked
I don't see anyone having a real proof that is profitable on long-term, they are just posing a few trades here and there and bragging about this strategy, but absolutely noone is showing a real account statement that proves they are being profitable for more than 6-12 months

40PipsAlan Aug 15, 2019 3:31am | Post# 3018

1 Attachment(s)
I am wondering if this is a shenangian here ... I've been doing this strategy for a while already and I get mroe losses than wins I am applying the trades 100% correctly Even those trades posted to RH earlier sucked I don't see anyone having a real proof that is profitable on long-term, they are just posing a few trades here and there and bragging about this strategy, but absolutely noone is showing a real account statement that proves they are being profitable for more than 6-12 months
RH posted earlier
two losers in 10 looks pretty good to me. I would be happy with that. I did notice on the RH 15 trade picture the TMMS not the right colour for pushing the button on some of those. On our trades we are waiting for the TMMS candle close the right colour and maybe a bit late. The candle before and we might have breakeven before the loss.
Click to Enlarge

Name: My Trades 2.JPG
Size: 121 KB

DrDave Aug 15, 2019 3:40am | Post# 3019

I am wondering if this is a shenangian here ... I've been doing this strategy for a while already and I get mroe losses than wins I am applying the trades 100% correctly Even those trades posted to RH earlier sucked I don't see anyone having a real proof that is profitable on long-term, they are just posing a few trades here and there and bragging about this strategy, but absolutely noone is showing a real account statement that proves they are being profitable for more than 6-12 months
Clearly, you have no understanding of the basic statistics that underlie how this becomes a long-term winning system. But in any case, if you have doubts, it is easy for you to just move on in your search for the Holy Grail of trading.

josi Aug 15, 2019 3:43am | Post# 3020

to take each and every one will never work out because many signals that are produced are dead ends (occuring when price turns around)
Have a look at the produced entry signals in Post 2926, for example. Had you taken all oft those you'd have lost a lot of money.
Before entering you need to know which direction to trade...
and then there's ranges
and then there's news
and then there's round numbers
and then there's the SL that is too close (stopped out)
and then there's the TP that is too far away (price turns around before TP is hit)
etc

© Forex Factory