Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

40PipsAlan Aug 14, 2019 4:09pm | Post# 2981

{quote} Hi RH, little reflection on your screen. I noticed from the "Time" panel that you can enter the market even with the candle open, not respecting the openings of the H4 spark plugs. I see entries at 18:00 and not at 16:00. Or have your entries been run on TF H1? I hope I didn't write a wrong consideration, if so I apologize. I would never allow myself to judge our teacher. Thank you
depends where u live

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 4:18pm | Post# 2982

{quote} depends where u live
Every broker has servers in specific locations , depending on where that is gmt shift occur , 0,1,2,3

and day light savings tine impacts that too

Ubi.Major Aug 14, 2019 4:19pm | Post# 2983

{quote} depends where u live
I completely agreed with what you say, but I saw that the time zone from Switzerland and where RH lives there is about 6 hours less, making a quick calculation gave me as an entrance at 18:00 and not at 16: 00.
However it was of little importance that it was just curiosity.
Thank you for your consideration.

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 4:41pm | Post# 2984

{quote} Hi RH, little reflection on your screen. I noticed from the "Time" panel that you can enter the market even with the candle open, not respecting the openings of the H4 spark plugs. I see entries at 18:00 and not at 16:00. Or have your entries been run on TF H1? I hope I didn't write a wrong consideration, if so I apologize. I would never allow myself to judge our teacher. Thank you
This is why I am always hesitant to show my trades and USUALLY don't.

You must realize that I have been trading for more than 30 years and so I use many different entry and exit methods.

But, just as with everything in life when you are trying to learn new things, people have to be taught new things slowly, and learn to master them over time, one by one and that is what I am trying to do with this thread.

Think of trading like being a professional boxer. You have a right cross, a left hook, a right hook, an overhand right, an overhand left, a left and right uppercut, a jab, a right straight punch, a rabbit punch, a kidney punch, a low blow, a body shot, etc., etc. etc.

Each punch you learn one by one over time BUT during a fight you throw each punch INSTINCTIVELY and without really thinking about it too much.

That's how I trade. Every nuance can't always be explained.

And, after you learn all the rules, you must then learn when to break the rules.

Marcusv007 Aug 14, 2019 5:29pm | Post# 2985

E/U breaking out of the range on H4, waiting for a better entry on M15 (pullback happening maybe ? ) {image} {image}
Hi Rav, Thats a neat bar you've got there above the TMMS Oscilator, please may you share it here, Id like to have a look at it.
Thanks!

Ubi.Major Aug 14, 2019 5:45pm | Post# 2986

{quote} This is why I am always hesitant to show my trades and USUALLY don't. You must realize that I have been trading for more than 30 years and so I use many different entry and exit methods. But, just as with everything in life when you are trying to learn new things, people have to be taught new things slowly, and learn to master them over time, one by one and that is what I am trying to do with this thread. Think of trading like being a professional boxer. You have a right cross, a left hook, a right hook, an overhand right, an overhand left,...
I fully understand what you want to say and I am aware that I am a beginner compared to You Gurus with over 30 years experience.
Personally Robin I am analyzing almost all your screen you posted to learn as much as possible your technique, surely it will not be easy, I do not hold back and I continue to follow this group where I found Friends with a capital.
I apologize if I asked a question I didn't have to ask and understand in advance what you want to convey to us very calmly.
Thanks again and Good Night to you all.

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 6:02pm | Post# 2987

{quote} I fully understand what you want to say and I am aware that I am a beginner compared to You Gurus with over 30 years experience. Personally Robin I am analyzing almost all your screen you posted to learn as much as possible your technique, surely it will not be easy, I do not hold back and I continue to follow this group where I found Friends with a capital. I apologize if I asked a question I didn't have to ask and understand in advance what you want to convey to us very calmly. Thanks again and Good Night to you all....
Thank you.

For those who don't know, Ubi.Major (Major) is Italian (but lives in Switzerland) and English isn't his first language, so bare with the translations as he is doing the best he can.

Imagine if we had to post in Russian or Chinese. It would be very intimidating for most of us to say the least!

emmanuel7788 Aug 14, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 2988

{quote} Thank you. For those who don't know, Ubi.Major (Major) is Italian (but lives in Switzerland) and English isn't his first language, so bare with the translations as he is doing the best he can. Imagine if we had to post in Russian or Chinese. It would be very intimidating for most of us to say the least!

Switzerland has three 'regions' G I F - German speaking, Italian speaking and French speaking ... I love all three regions when it comes to skiing. Zermatt is my favourite place to ski.

00PIP Aug 14, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 2989

1 Attachment(s)
Will see how this one goes.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet (working on it), but I see people are using bottom indicators different from those on post #1. Did the indicators change or is that just a new way of visualising them?
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4.png
Size: 83 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 14, 2019 6:10pm | Post# 2990

Here are the trades that I am currently in: {image} {image}

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 6:11pm | Post# 2991

Will see how this one goes. I haven't read through the whole thread yet (working on it), but I see people are using bottom indicators different from those on post #1. Did the indicators change or is that just a new way of visualising them? {image}
Same exact indicators. It's just a new way of visualizing them.

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 6:15pm | Post# 2992

To be honest most all trades I have taken so far have been in draw down right after I enter trade . Iím thinking I should almost set a pending order like 15-20 pips in opposite direction so it makes it automated and if it triggers great if not price runs away and forget about it

emmanuel7788 Aug 14, 2019 6:17pm | Post# 2993

1 Attachment(s)
EURUSD Aug 13 H4 trade using CaveManager trade manager. Note the Capital Protection is set to 15pips Candlestick Trailing set to activate at 25pips. this will move the Stop Loss to trail behind the previous candle high+3 pips. {image}

The above trade got stopped out by the Capital Protection.

Did a re-entry much later and exit TP Batch 1.
Use Candlestick Trailing (Trail_by_Prev Candle H/L) in the new trade...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Aug14 H4 update15-08-2019 06-09-41.png
Size: 69 KB

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 7:42pm | Post# 2994

To be honest most all trades I have taken so far have been in draw down right after I enter trade . Iím thinking I should almost set a pending order like 15-20 pips in opposite direction so it makes it automated and if it triggers great if not price runs away and forget about it
That's WHY I usually drop down to the 5 min. chart after I get the entry signal on the 4 hr. chart, so I can fine tune the entry.

On my trades today, I was just trying to get into a large basket of trades quickly so I didn't do it...but I should have.

MrsWatanabe Aug 14, 2019 9:06pm | Post# 2995

{quote} 私もあなたを愛しています Watashi mo anata o aishiteimasu
Danke!   ありがとう! arigatou!

Juhu! Ich bin froh! 嬉しい! ureshii!

Mrs.W

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 9:59pm | Post# 2996

{quote} That's WHY I usually drop down to the 5 min. chart after I get the entry signal on the 4 hr. chart, so I can fine tune the entry. On my trades today, I was just trying to get into a large basket of trades quickly so I didn't do it...but I should have.
All trades placed at noon today eastern time all hit stop loss, except 2 pairs still running in loss at the moment

PhillipmC Aug 14, 2019 10:03pm | Post# 2997

{quote} All trades placed at noon today eastern time all hit stop loss, except 2 pairs still running in loss at the moment
Do u mean all trades that RH posted ?
Or your private trades

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 10:22pm | Post# 2998

{quote} Do u mean all trades that RH posted ? Or your private trades
All trades RH posted earlier today

RobinHood Aug 14, 2019 10:29pm | Post# 2999

{quote} All trades RH posted earlier today
I still have 8 open trades, but I may have added 1-2 more, I can't remember exactly.

Bluejay12 Aug 14, 2019 10:33pm | Post# 3000

{quote} I still have 8 open trades, but I may have added 1-2 more, I can't remember exactly.
150$ down using .04 lots , following same stop loss and entryís

© Forex Factory