Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 4:54pm | Post# 2901

{quote} I believe you need the candle to close above the HMA line. Maybe RH can confirm
I only need it to close above the Yellow line.

Atheos Aug 13, 2019 5:04pm | Post# 2902

{quote} Here's just ONE (of several) simple ways I use it. For Long Trades: If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Green AND the HMA Trend turns Blue, I go Long. If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Orange, I exit. For Short Trades: If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Red AND the HMA Trend turns Orange, I go Short. If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Blue, I exit.
Thank you for the clarification.

40PipsAlan Aug 13, 2019 5:25pm | Post# 2903

OK so with RH new entry and exit with the HMA trend and TMMS indicator window working together, Im looking at the NY close 4h candles and this is what I sum up from what I see across all pairs. NEW ENTRY ideas, comment tell me different, your thoughts? audcad long audchf long audjpy long audusd long cadchf long Euraud short eurcad short eurchf long eurusd short gbpaud short gbpcad short gbpjpy long nzdchf long soon waiting for candle close at 8 pm eastern time usdchf long
Yah, seeing the same things but wary after todays losses. Leaving JPY off for a couple of candles to settle down.

coloroffeels Aug 13, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 2904

ok so just to double check with the new chart set up, this is a buy now correct? on the AUDCAD 4h? 2 candles back stop at .89580 ? {image}
MegaProfit indicator repaints mate but you should already know it.

00PIP Aug 13, 2019 5:37pm | Post# 2905

1 Attachment(s)
Is this a valid continuation trade?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH4.png
Size: 83 KB

itsDavid Aug 13, 2019 5:44pm | Post# 2906

{quote} MegaProfit indicator repaints mate but you should already know it.
I noticed it on someones post and thought I would take a look at it and see if it is worth having. I've already seen it repaint and I can't imagine it's giving me any information I don't already have in more detail with the other indis. It looks pretty though

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 6:04pm | Post# 2907

Is this a valid continuation trade? {image}
It's valid, but it's a Crossover Trade.

Ubi.Major Aug 13, 2019 6:36pm | Post# 2908

{quote} I only need it to close above the Yellow line.
Hello RH,
Then, on screen posted by Bluejay12 (AUDCAD 4h).
If candle closes under HMA but closes above EMA5 can you enter the market?
In a previous post, it seemed to me, to have read that if the candle closes in the HMA and EMA5 channel, it is not necessary to enter the market. Quite right?
thank you

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 7:10pm | Post# 2909

{quote} Hello RH, Then, on screen posted by Bluejay12 (AUDCAD 4h). If candle closes under HMA but closes above EMA5 can you enter the market? In a previous post, it seemed to me, to have read that if the candle closes in the HMA and EMA5 channel, it is not necessary to enter the market. Quite right? thank you
Most often for a long trade trade the HMA Line WILL BE above the 5EMA, but not always.

Personally, I only care that price closes above the 5 EMA Yellow Line AND the HMA Line is Green AND that the lower window indicators are all above the Purple 50 Line to enter Long.

Viv108 Aug 13, 2019 7:35pm | Post# 2910

Today was going really well until Donald Trump sent out his tweet. Thank God for stop losses. I finished flat for the day, but was doing well. Tomorrow is another day.

Has anyone thought about developing a dashboard for this system - we can keep an eye on pairs which are setting up for a trade, rather than visiting each pair a few times a day. Sounds like were getting lazier and lazier!

RaV1307 Aug 13, 2019 8:38pm | Post# 2911

{quote} Those stop outs were the cost of information that hopefully it will help you learn how to avoid it infuture. For me I have the news event alert indi in my chart warning me of any movement on a pair before I decide to trade it; and If I have the pair open I then decide to close the trade dependent on colour of the news amber or red. My thing is to close I really have no intention of finding out if the volatility will hit a SL set with a ADR for example 72pips away. Why chance it. The Trade War news is one of those things, not your fault....
Hi Marcusv007, can you share News Indi you are using...??? Thx in advance

RaV1307 Aug 13, 2019 9:02pm | Post# 2912

Daily chart example. Less set ups on the daily yes, more confident and sure signals for success perhaps, thinking how many 4h candles I miss since im sleeping or did not check every 4h candle. Thanks RH for helping me get my chart set up and the HMA trend going from the market store. {image}

Hi Bluejay12, How is MEGAFXPROFIT indi working for you? Think it repaints badly... Thx

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 9:09pm | Post# 2913

{quote} Hi Bluejay12, How is MEGAFXPROFIT indi working for you? Does it repaint? Thx
Rev
Non repaint , seen and observed it on forex , futures , all non repaint ....could whip back but rarely happened in short time frame .. it’s a nice directional filter

Marcusv007 Aug 14, 2019 2:25am | Post# 2914

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Marcusv007, can you share News Indi you are using...??? Thx in advance
Good Morning Rav, youre welcome.
Please note the I use the News Alert indicator in my chart template to remind me of any impending news events coming up with a currency so that I might make a decision to not a trade a pair based on that or thanks to yesterdays reminder to even close a trade. It is by no means in relation to paying attention to that news event coming up so that I might trade a pair based on that news. One could ignore the news and simply put a ADR SL incase the news doesnt go your way but my thinking is why take the chance if you are able avoid it. Its a personal choice, because really we are all just trading our beliefs of the market.

There's is a difference, because I totally agree with RH when he says there is NO need to follow the news, or read what these analysts, journalists, Stock market channels are saying, I;ve noticed they just tend to report events after they happen and really also generally are not able to accurately predict movement and are feeling in the dark so no need for us to open our selves to that noise that I would liken to trading a lower 1, 5, 15 min time frame.

But please remember: don't be dissuaded NOT all upcoming news events are RED flag level, so you don't want to limit your trading too much around this!
News_Events.ex4

krismitt Aug 14, 2019 3:55am | Post# 2915

{quote} I almost gave up on my EC & NJ, and I just take a nap and voila! volatility alarms woke me up... ; )─ It is just a reality for some of us retail traders... you win some and then you lose some... but better be lose some... and win more... and then, win even more ; )─ ✍ Note to Self: “While no methodology works in every instance . . . I have never seen anything so consistent ” {image}
Well said v2vboni.

'Totally agree.

Cheers.

SwingMan Aug 14, 2019 4:27am | Post# 2916

3 Attachment(s)
New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v3.0"

@RobinHood has recommended to us the "HMA_Trend", but I and other members have difficulty installing it.

- Now I have integrated it into the "TMMS Oscillator", but one can also turn it off.

- Because some members also use the entry signals from my "Hashi-Chart" indicator, I post an updated version - good luck ...
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4 smHMA-Trend.png
Size: 38 KB
smTMMS HeikinAshi-Chart_v1.4.mq4
smTMMS Oscillator_v3.0.mq4

krismitt Aug 14, 2019 4:39am | Post# 2917

New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v3.0" @RobinHood has recommended to us the "HMA_Trend", but I and other members have difficulty installing it. - Now I have integrated it into the "TMMS Oscillator", but one can also turn it off. - Because some members also use the entry signals from my "Hashi-Chart" indicator, I post an updated version - good luck ... {image} {file} {file}
Thank you Swingman. Wasn't able to get that HMA Trend working myself so much appreciated!.

Regards.

PhillipmC Aug 14, 2019 4:48am | Post# 2918

New version "smTMMS Oscillator_v3.0" @RobinHood has recommended to us the "HMA_Trend", but I and other members have difficulty installing it. - Now I have integrated it into the "TMMS Oscillator", but one can also turn it off. - Because some members also use the entry signals from my "Hashi-Chart" indicator, I post an updated version - good luck ... {image} {file} {file}

Thanks for your efforts Swingman much appreciated...

What an awful week so far trading lol

josi Aug 14, 2019 4:49am | Post# 2919

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, thanks a lot.
Although, I must say, I don't see the benefit of the HMA Trend as yet.

Ah - early exit signal, right?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GOLDM15.png
Size: 59 KB

40PipsAlan Aug 14, 2019 4:49am | Post# 2920

{quote} Thanks for your efforts Swingman much appreciated... What an awful week so far trading lol
Agreed

© Forex Factory