Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple(r) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=917569)

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 12:07pm | Post# 2881

CAD/JPY Down? {image}
I like the hma trend but it still wonít load in my chart no matter what I try , downloaded it several times , put it in markets folder under indicators , lay it over sm oscillator, as said by RH and even on main chart , I never have issues like this but itís not loading ..

maybe i have to many indicators in my folder , uninstall and reinstall mt4 platform ?

40PipsAlan Aug 13, 2019 12:12pm | Post# 2882

{quote} I like the hma trend but it still wonít load in my chart no matter what I try , downloaded it several times , put it in markets folder under indicators , lay it over sm oscillator, as said by RH and even on main chart , I never have issues like this but itís not loading .. maybe i have to many indicators in my folder , uninstall and reinstall mt4 platform ?
The folder is called market and not markets. Post screenshot with your navigator list

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 12:19pm | Post# 2883

1 Attachment(s)
In goes into the Market folder as shown below:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Navigator.JPG
Size: 142 KB

salimc Aug 13, 2019 1:19pm | Post# 2884

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my updated template: {file} {image}
Hello RH,
I have installed the 2 indicators & your temp # 3. But don't understand why my chart still looks like this
Click to Enlarge

Name: RH TMP-3.png
Size: 43 KB

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 1:23pm | Post# 2885

In goes into the Market folder as shown below: {image}
RH thank you, I had to install it right from website https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/22515 and it created a markets folder for me auto. now it finally works

v2vboni Aug 13, 2019 1:28pm | Post# 2886

This is starting to look like the old Big E's Trading Made Simple thread during the Asian to London session...

I thought this was Emmanuel's thread... finally ; )─

But a good start for Robinhood.. for making his own Excalibur with respect to Merlin (Big E)

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 2887

whats your opinion, I cant check every 4h candle, and I keep reading that everyone confirms with the D1 charts before placing a 4h trade. Would it be stress free and check the charts at 5pm once a day be more effective, better signals, less fakeouts?

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 2888

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello RH, I have installed the 2 indicators & your temp # 3. But don't understand why my chart still looks like this {image}
1. You need to download the HMA Trend indicator and place it in your Market folder. Get it here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/22515

2. You need to download the smTMMS v2 indicator and place it in your Indicator folder. Get it here: smTMMS Oscillator_v2.0.ex4

salimc Aug 13, 2019 2:17pm | Post# 2889

{quote} 1. You need to download the HMA Trend indicator and place it in your Market folder. Get it here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/22515 2. You need to download the smTMMS v2 indicator and place it in your Indicator folder. Get it here: {file}
Thanks for your support (as always)

40PipsAlan Aug 13, 2019 2:19pm | Post# 2890

whats your opinion, I cant check every 4h candle, and I keep reading that everyone confirms with the D1 charts before placing a 4h trade. Would it be stress free and check the charts at 5pm once a day be more effective, better signals, less fakeouts?
You could check the daily open for trades and go from there. Less trades tho.

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 2:27pm | Post# 2891

1 Attachment(s)
Daily chart example. Less set ups on the daily yes, more confident and sure signals for success perhaps, thinking how many 4h candles I miss since im sleeping or did not check every 4h candle.

Thanks RH for helping me get my chart set up and the HMA trend going from the market store.
Click to Enlarge

Name: audcad-d1-gain-capital-group.png
Size: 19 KB

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 2:57pm | Post# 2892

Daily chart example. Less set ups on the daily yes, more confident and sure signals for success perhaps, thinking how many 4h candles I miss since im sleeping or did not check every 4h candle. Thanks RH for helping me get my chart set up and the HMA trend going from the market store. {image}
You're Welcome. Good Luck!

Atheos Aug 13, 2019 3:47pm | Post# 2893

Hi all,

I have switched over to the new Oscilator and like how it works.

Can anyone weigh in on how they use the HM Trend indicator over the top - what additional confirmation is this offering you for entry or exits?

Thanks

Ryan

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 3:56pm | Post# 2894

Hi all, I have switched over to the new Oscilator and like how it works. Can anyone weigh in on how they use the HM Trend indicator over the top - what additional confirmation is this offering you for entry or exits? Thanks Ryan
Here's just ONE (of several) simple ways I use it.

For Long Trades:

If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Green AND the HMA Trend turns Blue, I go Long.

If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Orange, I exit.

For Short Trades:

If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Red AND the HMA Trend turns Orange, I go Short.

If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Blue, I exit.

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 4:02pm | Post# 2895

[quote=RobinHood;12439664]{quote} Here's just ONE (of several) simple ways I use it. For Long Trades: If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Green AND the HMA Trend turns Blue, I go Long. If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Orange, I exit. For Short Trades: If the vertical smTMMS lines turn Red AND the HMA Trend turns Orange, I go Short. If EITHER smTMMS changes to Gray OR the HMA Trend changes to Blue, I exit.[/quote

very well explained and simplified , I like the double overlay on the 2 in the bottom window , one stop shopping buying and leaving the market

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 4:15pm | Post# 2896

1 Attachment(s)
ok so just to double check with the new chart set up, this is a buy now correct? on the AUDCAD 4h?

2 candles back stop at .89580 ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: audcad-h4-gain-capital-group.png
Size: 34 KB

40PipsAlan Aug 13, 2019 4:19pm | Post# 2897

ok so just to double check with the new chart set up, this is a buy now correct? on the AUDCAD 4h? 2 candles back stop at .89580 ? {image}
I believe you need the candle to close above the HMA line. Maybe RH can confirm

Bluejay12 Aug 13, 2019 4:42pm | Post# 2898

OK so with RH new entry and exit with the HMA trend and TMMS indicator window working together, Im looking at the NY close 4h candles and this is what I sum up from what I see across all pairs. NEW ENTRY ideas, comment tell me different, your thoughts?

audcad long
audchf long
audjpy long
audusd long
cadchf long

Euraud short
eurcad short
eurchf long
eurusd short
gbpaud short
gbpcad short
gbpjpy long
nzdchf long soon waiting for candle close at 8 pm eastern time
usdchf long

Bleemus Aug 13, 2019 4:43pm | Post# 2899

[quote=emmanuel7788;12437449]
{quote} Hi Bleemus I will explain this with a H1 live trade today. Meantime, you can set up your CM with these parameters. Important that you set those yellow highlighted in yellow to False and we will learn how the CM feature Capital Protection work in realtime live trade. {image} {image} {image} ...wait...

Thank you Emanuel! I figured it out. The ATR stop that you use stays where it is set when you place the order and doesn't trail. You prefer that?

Cheers,
Bleemus

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 4:53pm | Post# 2900

ok so just to double check with the new chart set up, this is a buy now correct? on the AUDCAD 4h? 2 candles back stop at .89580 ? {image}
Yes. It's an ENTRY METHOD. I use many.

It also can be an EXIT METHOD. I also use many of them.

These things just develop over time, and with experience.

Trading is a journey, not a destination.

I try to always be learning and evolving as a trader. It's what keeps it interesting after decades of doing it.

© Forex Factory