Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My Day Trading System (MDTS) in trend following (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=916878)

sriloba Jun 14, 2019 8:26am | Post# 241

{quote} Hi, but the conditions for a full retracement on H1 were not fullfiled - CCI didn't reach 100 level neigther on H1, nor on M30. Conditions are met by the original Cowabunga system, which has no in mind the H1 retracement. I think it will be better for us to consider H1 retracement in order to have a higher probability. In your case the results are exellent and it's OK, but we have to test the system in the both cases - with and without retracement on H1 in order to be more ensured in trading.
Hi,

I used the template in POST#236. Because there is no Macd. And Macd might make people more confused.

If you want a full retracement occurred in H1 it is ok. But there are fewer signals.

That's why the template in POST#236 will give us more reliable signals alert.

Cowabunga system uses H4 (trend) and M15(entry). I have tested it. The results were not I expected. That's why I had modified a lot, alignment, improved entry

signal, etc...). But I like to use 5/10 EMAs from the Cowabunga system to determine the trend in H4 and this stays in my tools box more than 10 years.

Sai Ram

NatashaM Jun 14, 2019 8:44am | Post# 242

{quote} Hi, I used the template in POST#236. Because there is no Macd. And Macd might make people more confused. If you want a full retracement occurred in H1 it is ok. But there are fewer signals. That's why the template in POST#236 will give us more reliable signals alert. Cowabunga system uses H4 (trend) and M15(entry). I have tested it. The results were not I expected. That's why I had modified a lot, alignment, improved entry signal, etc...). But I like to use 5/10 EMAs from the Cowabunga system to determine the trend in H4 and this stays in...
What do you mean - to use the H1 retracement or not? Because in your latest template without MACD /post 236/ is not shown H1 gragh, but I think it is necessary to include it in our analizing before to swith on M15 - I think the setups will be more reliabe than if we haven't in mind H1.

NatashaM Jun 14, 2019 8:46am | Post# 243

I've just took my 20 pips EURUSD - SELL - at 10.00 GT with the system. It's working!

NatashaM Jun 14, 2019 9:01am | Post# 244

I think the most significant think in our discusion is whether to use the retracement on H1 , because the higher graghs are very important. It is not of a great matter whether to include MACD or not, because you have already included and few other indicators to confirm entry on M15. And all these indicators are reliable I think. Before entry on M15 I think we have to reslve the problem to use or not H1 - CCI retracement, because it will reflect to our exact entry on M15 and so - to our final results.

sriloba Jun 14, 2019 9:08am | Post# 245

{quote} What do you mean - to use the H1 retracement or not? Because in your latest template without MACD /post 236/ is not shown H1 gragh, but I think it is necessary to include it in our analizing before to swith on M15 - I think the setups will be more reliabe than if we haven't in mind H1.
Hi,

I use 5 EMA High/Low in H1 as support and resistant. And this gives me pretty ideas in my analysis.

We can use the behaviors CCI (H1) to track how far the price may move.

Sai Ram

sriloba Jun 17, 2019 9:31am | Post# 246

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Last night, I went SHORT on GBPUSD. When my trade went +10 pips I put SL +3 pips and TP@20 pips from the entry went to bed.

In the morning I got up and my trade was stopped with +3 pips.

All the SELL conditions were validated.

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Name: SELL.png
Size: 86 KB

NatashaM Jun 17, 2019 3:11pm | Post# 247

Hi, traders! Today my results: SELL - GBPUSD - 20 pips; GBPJPY - 24 pips; EURJPY - 20 pips; EURUSD - 10 pips /the setup was too late - 1 hour before London closing and I manually closed the trade/. But the most significant is that I was waited for the full retracement on H1 - CCI -100 or -100 level.

sriloba Jun 17, 2019 3:48pm | Post# 248

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

The strategy in POST246 is inspired by the other strategy known as Quattro Cash Envelopes that I found on the internet.

I have tested the Quattro Cash Envelopes. I don't like Envelope and RSI indicator.

I think the strategy in POST246 is better than the Quattro Cash Envelopes.

The CCI in H1 is good when the market is ranging and slow. But if the market is fast RSI won't go to the extreme.

I attach below the pdf of Quattro Cash Envelopes.

Sai Ram
Quattro Cash Envelopes.pdf
Quattro Cash Envelopes.rar

NatashaM Jun 17, 2019 4:16pm | Post# 249

Hi, The strategy in POST246 is inspired by the other strategy known as Quattro Cash Envelopes that I found on the internet. I have tested the Quattro Cash Envelopes. I don't like Envelope and RSI indicator. I think the strategy in POST246 is better than the Quattro Cash Envelopes. The CCI in H1 is good when the market is ranging and slow. But if the market is fast RSI won't go to the extreme. I attach below the pdf of Quattro Cash Envelopes. Sai Ram {image} {file}
Thanks Sriloba for sharing! IBut I can not understand what do you surch on H1? If you don't wait for a retracement on H1, then what??? I agree that if the market is fast we may enter on M30, even on M15 CCI levels, but the problem is we never know what would be the market in advance. I've tried to enter on M30 CCI level, even on M15 - sometimes, but the results are not reliable.
What is your opinion and what do you suggest? May be it's better the setups be fewer but reliable, than to enter risky.

sriloba Jun 17, 2019 5:00pm | Post# 250

{quote} Thanks Sriloba for sharing! IBut I can not understand what do you surch on H1? If you don't wait for a retracement on H1, then what??? I agree that if the market is fast we may enter on M30, even on M15 CCI levels, but the problem is we never know what would be the market in advance. I've tried to enter on M30 CCI level, even on M15 - sometimes, but the results are not reliable. What is your opinion and what do you suggest? May be it's better the setups be fewer but reliable, than to enter risky.
Hi,

It is very hard to get good timing from the indicators, especially when we deal in lower time frames such as M15 and lower.

Now, what you can do is looking at the Support and Resistance in a higher time frame and do the studies of Fibonacci on H1 data.

See if there is a confluence of events. If there is then at that point of confluence of events represents a key level serves as S/R.

My strategy contains 3 parts:

1) Determining the current trend on H4

2) H1: Looking for a retracement, if there is, or serves as a medium trend. if H4 and H1 are in the same direction then we can hope a high probability of trade.

3) M15: Enter a trade with conditions, especially align H4-H1-M15. We can not say that the trade will go as planned.
But we have done the most important parts of analysis.

Sai Ram

NatashaM Jun 18, 2019 3:42pm | Post# 251

Hi, traders! Today USDCAD - BUY - 7.00 GT - 17 pips /I've entered a bit later and I didn't risk for waiting for 20 pips/. USDCHF - BUY - at 9.00 GT - a good setup, but I missed. But I'm waiting for a full retracement on H1 and enter on M15. Otherwise - I'm not sure!!! I'm not going to risk.

NatashaM Jun 18, 2019 3:54pm | Post# 252

Hi, The strategy in POST246 is inspired by the other strategy known as Quattro Cash Envelopes that I found on the internet. I have tested the Quattro Cash Envelopes. I don't like Envelope and RSI indicator. I think the strategy in POST246 is better than the Quattro Cash Envelopes. The CCI in H1 is good when the market is ranging and slow. But if the market is fast RSI won't go to the extreme. I attach below the pdf of Quattro Cash Envelopes. Sai Ram {image} {file}
Sorry, Sriloba, but I can not open the rar file!!!! I'd like to install and test the system.

sriloba Jun 18, 2019 4:05pm | Post# 253

4 Attachment(s)
{quote} Sorry, Sriloba, but I can not open the rar file!!!! I'd like to install and test the system.
Hi,
Envelops.ex4
FML_Gift2_Trend.ex4
wRSI.ex4
QuattroCashEnvelopes.tpl

NatashaM Jun 18, 2019 4:18pm | Post# 254

{quote} Hi, {file} {file} {file} {file}
Thank you very much for your quick request!!!

NatashaM Jun 18, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 255

I don't like the Quatro cash envelopes at all - your system is better for sure! I earn money with it every day. The weak think for myself is my money management. I have to think over how to encrease the R:R - then the results would be exellent.

NatashaM Jun 19, 2019 11:10am | Post# 256

Hi, today only EURGBP setup was a perfect one. The other pairs changed their main direction and we have to wait for a new setup. It will be tomorrow - London is closing soon.

sriloba Jun 19, 2019 6:07pm | Post# 257

3 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I want you to test together with my version of Quattro Cash Envelopes known as MyCashingM30. It uses only 2 TFs (H4 and M30).

The charts attached below to try to explain the strategy.

BUY TRADE

H4:
5/10 EMA cross up and confirmed by RSI > 50 (white) and Stochastic cross up (white).

M30:
1) Trend (H4) is up (white);

2) Price closes below the 5 EMA (H1) of the low;

3) CCI closes below -100 (oversold)

4) Price closes above 7 EMA and confirmed by:

5) RSI (H4) is above 50 and

6) RSI(M30) is above 50 (white).

BUY = 1)+2)+3)+4)+5)+6)

SL@the most recent low
TP@the same amount of SL or up to you

The SELL trade is the opposite analysis of the BUY trade

Feel free to comment for the improvement

Sai Ram
MyCashingM30.tpl
MyCashingM30.rar
Click to Enlarge

Name: BUY.png
Size: 96 KB

NatashaM Jun 20, 2019 9:11am | Post# 258

Hi, I want you to test together with my version of Quattro Cash Envelopes known as MyCashingM30. It uses only 2 TFs (H4 and M30). The charts attached below to try to explain the strategy. BUY TRADE H4: 5/10 EMA cross up and confirmed by RSI > 50 (white) and Stochastic cross up (white). M30: 1) Trend (H4) is up (white); 2) Price closes below the 5 EMA (H1) of the low; 3) CCI closes below -100 (oversold) 4) Price closes above 7 EMA and confirmed by: 5) RSI (H4) is above 50 and 6) RSI(M30) is above 50 (white). BUY = 1)+2)+3)+4)+5)+6) SL@the most recent...
Thank you, Sriloba for your new idea! Testing is very important for the improvement of every system, so I'm ready to do it and share the results!!!

sriloba Jun 20, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 259

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

There is a signal to go BUY GBPUSD at 18:00 GMT. But I did not take it. Because the London session is about to close.

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Name: BUY.png
Size: 100 KB

NatashaM Jun 20, 2019 2:26pm | Post# 260

Hi, There is a signal to go BUY GBPUSD at 18:00 GMT. But I did not take it. Because the London session is about to close. Sai Ram {image}
There is a variaty to use CCI on H1 for a full retracement and enter after confirming RSI on M30 /not M15/. We can use another indicator for confirming retracement has finished, but I haven't an idea what we can use. We'll test and see, but on historical data I have seen the retracement only on M30 is not so safe.

© Forex Factory