Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My Day Trading System (MDTS) in trend following (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=916878)

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 9:32am | Post# 221

Hi, Sriloba! May be will be better to get a look back to My Day Trading System - there are several versions in order to complete the system. I've just went through this site and I think there is a bit more oportunities.

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 9:36am | Post# 222

{quote} Hi, If you don't like MTF_XXX indicator you can confirm in the time frame itself (H4_H1). Sai Ram
The problem of the MTF indicators is that while we are waiting the confirmation the pips were blown. Never mind how we are choosing to use them - on H4 there are 4 hours period, while we have to wait to confirm.

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 9:42am | Post# 223

3 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Here is the system I'm testing.

H4: Trend
-5/10 cross up and confirmed by RSI is above 50 and Stochastic cross up

H1 or M30: Waiting for a maximum of pullback
-CCI must be below -100

M15: Trigger
1) 5/10 cross up and confirmed by the points followed below:
2) RSI(H4) is above 50
3) RSI(H1) is above 50
4) RSI(M15) is above 50
5) Stoch cross up
6) Macd Histogram is below zero then increase value.

Buy= 1)+2)+3)+4)+5)+6)

Sai Ram
MDTS_(RSI_Filter).tpl
MDTS1.rar
Click to Enlarge

Name: BUY.png
Size: 108 KB

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 9:58am | Post# 224

Hi, Here is the system I'm testing. H4: Trend -5/10 cross up and confirmed by RSI is above 50 and Stochastic cross up H1 or M30: Waiting for a maximum of pullback -CCI must be below -100 M15: Trigger 1) 5/10 cross up 2) RSI(H4) is above 50 3) RSI(H1) is above 50 4) RSI(M15) is above 50 5) Stoch cross up 6) Macd Histogram is below zero then increase value. Buy= 1)+2)+3)+4)+5)+6) Sai Ram {file} {file} {image}
Thank you, very much, Sriloba for sharing! I'll test and I'll write down about the results!

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 10:06am | Post# 225

{quote} Thank you, very much, Sriloba for sharing! I'll test and I'll write down about the results!
Hi,

I think the last system_RSI Filter that we are testing seems to be much better than the system_Forces Filter.

Sai Ram

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 10:23am | Post# 226

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I wait for the conditions to sell

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Name: SELL.png
Size: 120 KB

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 10:36am | Post# 227

Hi, I wait for the conditions to sell Sai Ram {image}
It would be more safer the retracement on H1 to reach up to 100 level. Yes, we see a retracement on M30, but in my opinion it is a bit risky.

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 10:41am | Post# 228

GBPJPY - it is better - we see CCI up to 100 level - it's time to watch it near and be ready for entry

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 1:18pm | Post# 229

Hi,

The system that I was using 10 years ago called Cowabunga.

You can find in this website:https://www.babypips.com/trading/so_...d_the_school_o

You can learn yourself the whole system written by the author.

I had modified a lot some parts of the system to fit my personality.

Until I found the 3 screens of Alexander Elder system.

What I did on the Cowabunga system is implementing the alignment. I had use HA, QQE, Stochastic, MAs, Forces as an alignment. Those alignments improved my

trades significantly in the past years. But I did not test with RSI until last week.

I use RSI(9) from H4_H1_M15 to align in the same direction combined with other indicators. I found the results were better.

I will see some more trades.

Sai Ram

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 2:40pm | Post# 230

Hi, The system that I was using 10 years ago called Cowabunga. You can find in this website:https://www.babypips.com/trading/so_...d_the_school_o You can learn yourself the whole system written by the author. I had modified a lot some parts of the system to fit my personality. Until I found the 3 screens of Alexander Elder system. What I did on the Cowabunga system is implementing the alignment. I had use HA, QQE, Stochastic, MAs, Forces as an alignment. Those alignments improved my trades significantly in the past years. But...
I can not open the link?!

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 2:56pm | Post# 231

Hi, The system that I was using 10 years ago called Cowabunga. You can find in this website:https://www.babypips.com/trading/so_...d_the_school_o You can learn yourself the whole system written by the author. I had modified a lot some parts of the system to fit my personality. Until I found the 3 screens of Alexander Elder system. What I did on the Cowabunga system is implementing the alignment. I had use HA, QQE, Stochastic, MAs, Forces as an alignment. Those alignments improved my trades significantly in the past years. But...
Thank you, Sriloba for your sharing. I think the system is very promissing now - I mean this latest version. I will test it too and share to everyone who is interested in. GBPJPY really moved 22 pips in our SHORT direction. USDCHF, USDCAD - LONG - about 17 - 20 green pips - it seems really promissing - we'll see when LONDON opens.

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 3:24pm | Post# 232

{quote} I can not open the link?!
Hi,

https://www.babypips.com/trading/for...bunga-20190613

Scroll this page to the bottom you will see read this first Click it. Then you will see the whole system

Sai Ram

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 4:23pm | Post# 233

{quote} Hi, https://www.babypips.com/trading/for...bunga-20190613 Scroll this page to the bottom you will see read this first Click it. Then you will see the whole system Sai Ram
Thank you very much! I'll read it and try to understand it.

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 234

{quote} Thank you very much! I'll read it and try to understand it.
Hi,

If you have a doubt on the Cowabunga system please feel free to ask in this thread.

Because I had read it a million time during my first 3 years of trading.

You have to understand properly the entry in M15, especially Macd histogram.

Because the trade GBPJPY that you have taken you have broken the rule.

Anyway, the rules are here to be broken as the author said.

Sai Ram

NatashaM Jun 13, 2019 5:36pm | Post# 235

{quote} Hi, If you have a doubt on the Cowabunga system please feel free to ask in this thread. Because I had read it a million time during my first 3 years of trading. You have to understand properly the entry in M15, especially Macd histogram. Because the trade GBPJPY that you have taken you have broken the rule. Anyway, the rules are here to be broken as the author said. Sai Ram
Yes, I understand what do you mean - on M15 - MACD has JUST to BEGIN to increase its value /for BUY/. Otherwise we may consider that the price is possible already had running out, it had exhausted. Thank you for your notice, I didn't make a serious sense. But it is a part of the system and I must have in mind! Because in other cases it may be of a great significance.
Thank you.

sriloba Jun 13, 2019 5:51pm | Post# 236

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, I understand what do you mean - on M15 - MACD has JUST to BEGIN to increase its value /for BUY/. Otherwise we may consider that the price is possible already had running out, it had exhausted. Thank you for your notice, I didn't make a serious sense. But it is a part of the system and I must have in mind! Because in other cases it may be of a great significance. Thank you.
Hi,

Your understanding is fast.

When we follow strictly the rules we can save some bad trades. Also, Macd serves as a good filter.

But if you don't like Macd as a filter I have something in mind for the entry in M15.

Let me show you.

H4: Downtrend

M15:
1) wait for price breaks above 5 ema_high (H1)
2) At the same time, CCI is above 100
Sell when :
3) Price breaks below 20 EMA
4) RSI(H4) is below 50
5) RSI(H1) is below 50
6) RSI(M15) is below 50
7) Stochastic is trending down

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Size: 103 KB
MDTS1.tpl
MDTS1.rar

sriloba Jun 14, 2019 3:52am | Post# 237

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I went SHORT on GBPUSD.

All the conditions were met.

Sell GBPUSD, TP @20 pips from the entry, Stop Losses@the most recent high.

Let's see...

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Size: 79 KB

sriloba Jun 14, 2019 6:33am | Post# 238

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I went SHORT on GBPUSD. All the conditions were met. Sell GBPUSD, TP @20 pips from the entry, Stop Losses@the most recent high. Let's see... Sai Ram {image}
Hi,

GBPUSD is exited by TP is reached with +23 pips.

Sai Ram
Click to Enlarge

Size: 89 KB

NatashaM Jun 14, 2019 7:25am | Post# 239

{quote} Hi, GBPUSD is exited by TP is reached with +23 pips. Sai Ram {image}
Hi, but the conditions for a full retracement on H1 were not fullfiled - CCI didn't reach 100 level neigther on H1, nor on M30. Conditions are met by the original Cowabunga system, which has no in mind the H1 retracement. I think it will be better for us to consider H1 retracement in order to have a higher probability.
In your case the results are exellent and it's OK, but we have to test the system in the both cases - with and without retracement on H1 in order to be more ensured in trading.

NatashaM Jun 14, 2019 7:27am | Post# 240

{quote} Hi, Your understanding is fast. When we follow strictly the rules we can save some bad trades. Also, Macd serves as a good filter. But if you don't like Macd as a filter I have something in mind for the entry in M15. Let me show you. H4: Downtrend M15: 1) wait for price breaks above 5 ema_high (H1) 2) At the same time, CCI is above 100 Sell when : 3) Price breaks below 20 EMA 4) RSI(H4) is below 50 5) RSI(H1) is below 50 6) RSI(M15) is below 50 7) Stochastic is trending down Sai Ram {image} {file} {file}
Thanks, Sriloba for sharing the new templete. I'll test it too and share too.

© Forex Factory