Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Volume Leads Price - VSA and Wyckoff (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=916096)

bapakjason May 16, 2019 8:11am | Post# 121

{quote} 200 million per day in Retail forex (mostly in the majors) Not that much bigger than the soybean market ... Retail forex is rather small, illiquid, and so easy to manipulate The "4-7 billion per day" jingle is a marketing tool to lure the gullible into this game
Interesting post !

Botan626 May 16, 2019 8:26am | Post# 122

{quote} 200 million per day in Retail forex (mostly in the majors) Not that much bigger than the soybean market ... Retail forex is rather small, illiquid, and so easy to manipulate The "4-7 billion per day" jingle is a marketing tool to lure the gullible into this game

>> 200 million per day in Retail forex

Source for this figure, please?

Mingary May 16, 2019 10:07am | Post# 123

{quote} >> 200 million per day in Retail forex Source for this figure, please?
What source ? just google it. It's easy.

over all: about 200 BILLION for all the FX retail! Even double that amount is not that great and certainly a long way to the 6 billion.
Retail forex is so fragmented that you broker's "share" in all this is much, much less.
200 MILLION liquidity behind the MT4 screens of even the largest FX retail broker is widely optimistic
Given the volume that retail traders put thru, your average retail fx broker does not need much liquidity at all.
Your average retail broker is more concerned about what strategy to use to turn customer accounts into company revenue

nightnova May 16, 2019 10:13am | Post# 124

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi buddy. I think you misunderstood the supply & demand part. Give me a chart of the bigger picture and I'll try to help you make sense of it
Hi Bro, thanks much for your help! This is the chart of the bigger picture. It is a 1hour chart GBPUSD.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 1hour 15 May 2019 (2).JPG
Size: 95 KB

naviafra May 16, 2019 11:42am | Post# 125

{quote} Hi Bro, thanks much for your help! This is the chart of the bigger picture. It is a 1hour chart GBPUSD. {image}
Cool.
Can you also give me details of time of entry, stop loss and tp levels?

heispark May 16, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 126

Thank you for all the details which I think useful. Now I'd appreciate if you can demonstrate with some real time trading examples rather than complicated theories. They give me headache......

naviafra May 16, 2019 1:59pm | Post# 127

Thank you for all the details which I think useful. Now I'd appreciate if you can demonstrate with some real time trading examples rather than complicated theories. They give me headache......
But its the complicated theories that will teach you something.

You can learn that 2+2=4 but if you dont know WHY it is 4 you wont be able to solve 6+2.

MrPipTrading May 16, 2019 3:58pm | Post# 128

naviafra I new this thread would fill up with the retail traders nonsense. Best to just ignore and carry on teaching.. Like life 90% wont believe it and put it down. They are used to what they are used to and you won't change them. In a thread once I posted a chart like this.. JPY/USD chart.. I got flamed to death that their is no such thing as a JPY/USD chart. I even posted it on a three hour timeframe and was even told their is no such thing as a three hour chart. If I say now BUY the JPY.... How many will say but if its the USD/JPY don't you...
I love it! Neil, Navia, you two are the only people I've found on here who talk sense and actually know what you're doing, the other lot seem to think they've got it all figured out, they know EVERYTHING because they've watched a couple of YouTube videos on support and resistance, MAs with oscillators and oh, lets not forget the only candlestick pattern you need to know.. the holy grail that is the DOJI!! can't leave that bad boy out

If you want to make it in this industry, get a grip of yourselves, focus, look into what the big boys are doing, face reality that trading will NEVER be easy unless you put the time and effort in.

Stop the arrogance and stay humble, these people are taking time out of their lives to post here and pass on VALUABLE information to help the people wanting to learn, give credit where its due, if you don't agree then question it yes but do it constructively and give your insight instead of saying "wrong." and nothing else, such bright sparks.

What is this crap I'm reading too that stop hunting/market manipulation doesn't exist? Are you serious? and the people saying this think they're traders? this is basic stuff, read up on it, Barclays, JP Morgan, Citigroup, some of the worlds biggest funds have all just been fined billions of dollars/pounds for colluding to manipulate prices for their own gain.

Thank you for this thread, I really appreciate the time people like you take out of their day to help others.

"I even posted it on a three hour timeframe and was even told their is no such thing as a three hour chart." This has killed me

naviafra May 16, 2019 4:19pm | Post# 129

{quote} I love it! Neil, Navia, you two are the only people I've found on here who talk sense and actually know what you're doing, the other lot seem to think they've got it all figured out, they know EVERYTHING because they've watched a couple of YouTube videos on support and resistance, MAs with oscillators and oh, lets not forget the only candlestick pattern you need to know.. the holy grail that is the DOJI!! can't leave that bad boy out If you want to make it in this industry, get a grip of yourselves, focus, look into what...
Wow. You really put a smile on my face bro. Thanks a bunch.

You are absolutely right. Very kind of you.

When I started out trading I had a few folks who put time and effort for no charge to help and discuss and teach. I believe it's my time to give back. I do tons of live trading sessions and education and have never charged a dime for it.

Not only am I helping others by doing this, it has helped my own trading INCREDIBLY. because when you repeat something a thousand times to other, it'll stick for you aswell.

I am happy to see that there are people who are grateful and you are the sole reason I am doing this.

Thank you again, you truly made my day

MrPipTrading May 16, 2019 5:00pm | Post# 130

{quote} Wow. You really put a smile on my face bro. Thanks a bunch. You are absolutely right. Very kind of you. When I started out trading I had a few folks who put time and effort for no charge to help and discuss and teach. I believe it's my time to give back. I do tons of live trading sessions and education and have never charged a dime for it. Not only am I helping others by doing this, it has helped my own trading INCREDIBLY. because when you repeat something a thousand times to other, it'll stick for you aswell. I am happy to see that there...
No problem! I really do appreciate and value yours and like minded peoples efforts. I've also found that passing on good information that I have learnt myself to people wanting to learn it has planted the info in my mind, its good for self-development and progression.

The man said it himself, he has NEVER charged for his trading sessions or his educational materials so stop with the commercial talk nonsense, he doesn't want your money.

I'll continue to follow this thread as the information is useful and the writer is very descriptive, I suggest the people wanting to learn how to trade properly do the same. I'd much rather follow this very well written and in depth thread than read something that is no longer than 100 characters with a title like "THE GOLDEN MA CROSSOVER STRATEGY".

Yes it may be confusing and some of the information might not make sense but hey, that is learning for you! don't throw in the towel, keep going until you've got it, I promise you that the time and effort you put into mastering this industry will pay off, be patient and don't rush the process, trust the process.

I'm eager to know how many people use indicators on their charts? probably 95%, wait what were the stats again, 95% of retail traders lose money? come one guys, doesn't take a genius to work out, stop doing what the herd are doing.

I'm out, keep doing what you're doing mate. Safe trading everyone!

Botan626 May 16, 2019 5:46pm | Post# 131

{quote} What source ? just google it. It's easy. over all: about 200 BILLION for all the FX retail! Even double that amount is not that great and certainly a long way to the 6 billion. Retail forex is so fragmented that you broker's "share" in all this is much, much less. 200 MILLION liquidity behind the MT4 screens of even the largest FX retail broker is widely optimistic Given the volume that retail traders put thru, your average retail fx broker does not need much liquidity at all. Your average retail broker is more concerned about what strategy...
So is it 200 million or billion?

naviafra May 16, 2019 5:46pm | Post# 132

{quote} So is it 200 million or billion?
Give it a rest

neilsdigest May 16, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 133

MrPipTrading...... It's true. You have to learn what the big boys do or you wont make it. I could go on but don't want to hijack Naviafa's thread - Read it he knows what he is talking about and ignore the naysayers..

Re: Botan626 - I don't want to hijack Naviafa's thread but Its Billions.

FXCM has a daily volume of over 15.5 billion
Oanda has a daily volume of over 7.3 billion
Saxo bank has a daily volume of over 11.4 billion

I could go on. Don't believe anyone who says its millions.

That's just not trading though. If I go to the bank and change my Pounds to dollars that is included. Just think of the total amount of currency's changing hands daily.

TRILLIONS.

These are retail accounts and not institutional accounts.

skyscraper May 16, 2019 6:36pm | Post# 134

{quote} Hi Bro, thanks much for your help! This is the chart of the bigger picture. It is a 1hour chart GBPUSD. {image}
Here is my 2 cents but Naviafra can correct me and explain in details. The up bar is during London Open on 5/15. So if you go few bars in the background, you will see it was downtrend and selling was going on after that there was apause - balance or you can say Big guys distributing slowly and waiting for other's supply to get exhausted.
( From Naviafra second post : Wait for the other seller to sell out his stock).
As soon as London opened price marked up (because there was no more seller left) and unloading started. I guess in Volume , price context we need to see what is happening in background which is few bars ( 10 to 20 depend on time frame) before you want to take a trade.

chararu May 17, 2019 3:31am | Post# 135

The GBPUSD is in a downtrend. Selling volume is higher than buying volume. Each time the candle are in a range, which is close to London session, there are green candles but with low volume. Following which, bears take control and the pair drops. It is therefore important to trade in line with trend. Only way you would buy GBPUSD is when we have adequate confirmation that the trend has turned. I mean we will need to have big bullish candles supported by volume.

naviafra May 17, 2019 3:34am | Post# 136

{quote} The GBPUSD is in a downtrend. Selling volume is higher than buying volume. Each time the candle are in a range, which is close to London session, there are green candles but with low volume. Following which, bears take control and the pair drops. It is therefore important to trade in line with trend. Only way you would buy GBPUSD is when we have adequate confirmation that the trend has turned. I mean we will need to have big bullish candles supported by volume.
You should buy on imbalanced supply & demand.

Remember, the more price falls, the more demand comes in a market.
The more prices rices, the more supply comes in the market

chararu May 17, 2019 3:44am | Post# 137

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} You should buy on imbalanced supply & demand. Remember, the more price falls, the more demand comes in a market. The more prices rices, the more supply comes in the market
The daily chart shows price is reaching a previous imbalance zone. In such cases how would you react. What confirmation before entering a buy trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDDaily.png
Size: 77 KB

nightnova May 17, 2019 4:17am | Post# 138

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Cool. Can you also give me details of time of entry, stop loss and tp levels?
Hi Naviafra

The entry was at the close of the London open candle on 5th May 2019 (Wednesday). I placed the SL slightly below the London open candle (1.2895) and TP is at the round number 1.2950.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 1hour 15 May 2019 (3).JPG
Size: 92 KB

Thank you very much for your help

Thanks @skyscraper and @chararu for commenting on the chart.

naviafra May 17, 2019 8:54am | Post# 139

{quote} Hi Naviafra The entry was at the close of the London open candle on 5th May 2019 (Wednesday). I placed the SL slightly below the London open candle (1.2895) and TP is at the round number 1.2950. {image} Thank you very much for your help Thanks @skyscraper and @chararu for commenting on the chart.
Ok a few questions here.

- Why is your Risk 2 Reward so small?
- Why did you enter long when price was floating around that price level for so long time? If that price had imbalanced supply & demand and demand would kick in fast, it would not consolidate that much usually.
- How was your stop and target calculated? It seems it was without a plan

Stops should be placed a few pips below a good demand level. Targets should be 15-20% from supply and risk 2 reward should not be less than 3:1

When trading heavy imbalanced turning points like this, 3:1 should not be a problem. Some trades go as high as 7:1

A good imbalanced zone should shoot price in a direction pretty quickly, at tops within 3-5 hours. If it doesn't, that zone might not be very strong. Consider bringing your SL breakeven after some movement in your direction when conditions are like this. Bad zones usualy have price bounce around sideways, showing BALANCE which is not what we want

Remember, we are trying to CUT losses. Always focus on cutting losses. You will hit good trades now and then, just keep your losses SMALL because the losing trades mostly outnumber the winner trades

naviafra May 17, 2019 9:10am | Post# 140

One thing I forgot to add

The more price plays around inside a demand or supply zone, the less significant it becomes, because balance will be found and no orders will go unfilled.

However, this usually is not true for fresh levels!

Remember that when placing targets/stops so you chose wisely

© Forex Factory