Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trend Trading on H4 / D1 Charts (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=915954)

irfanmalik72 May 12, 2019 9:48am | Post# 1

Trend Trading on H4 / D1 Charts

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/irfa...trader/2255182
Hello fellow traders. This is my first thread at FF. I think its about time i break silence of past 10 years. I have been trading Forex for past 10 years. I have been a member of most of Forex forums. Tried hundreds of commercial and free EAs, indicators and trading systems. I have done basket trading, dashboard trading and what not. I have been learning, trading all along. Finally i have come to conclusion that Forex is all about MM. Trading less than H4 is disastrous. I have managed to save a mini live account in last 3 years by trading on D1 charts only on selected pairs. I want to share my trading strategy with you all and further improve it through collective wisdom. Please avoid negativity and respect everyone opinion. We all learn from each other. Forex is a risky job. There is nothing as such Holy Grail. All indicators used are not mine. I have collected from other forums.

Time frame H4 or higher.
Currency pairs: Majors and minors

Metatrader Indicators
Key levels
Support and resistance ZZ
Symbol pairs
STI Obos oscillator.

Tradig rules Smart Trader Indonesia System
Original Rules
The direction of trade is determined by the support or resistance.
Buy
Lines of support and resistance blue color below the price.
The Obos crosses upward.
Sell
Lines of support and resistance red color above the price.
The Obos crosses downward.
Exit position when an opposite signal is generated, profit on a key level or ratio stop loss 1.18. Stop loss on the previous swing.
Attachment 3345149
Inserted Video

Smart Trader Indonesia System.zip

matthew89 May 12, 2019 10:23am | Post# 2

Thank you for starting a thread explaining your system. I agree that trading the 4 hour charts and above is the best approach, so i am always interested in looking at other peoples swing trading systems that use these timeframes. However I cant seem to open the rar file you uploaded, it appears it is corrupted or has no files within. Could you please re-upload the indicators and template file individually please?

irfanmalik72 May 12, 2019 10:41am | Post# 3

Thank you for starting a thread explaining your system. I agree that trading the 4 hour charts and above is the best approach, so i am always interested in looking at other peoples swing trading systems that use these timeframes. However I cant seem to open the rar file you uploaded, it appears it is corrupted or has no files within. Could you please re-upload the indicators and template file individually please?
I have just checked the uploaded folder. Its perfectly fine. Please use winrar to open this folder. Thanks

christos1967 May 12, 2019 12:44pm | Post# 4

About the zip file, the only thing you need to do is to update the winrar program.
And please I have a question. I have noticed that sometimes although the indicator STI OBOS is crossing clearly the white arrow does not appear as in other cases of the crossing.
Any explanation or something that we need to know?
Also, the indicator that shows the support & resistance line that actually is showing the trend that we need to follow is repainting?
Thanks for the very nice videos!!! Nice work

irfanmalik72 May 12, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 5

[quote=christos1967;12267843]About the zip file, the only thing you need to do is to update the winrar program. And please I have a question. I have noticed that sometimes although the indicator STI OBOS is crossing clearly the white arrow does not appear as in other cases of the crossing. Any explanation or something that we need to know? Also, the indicator that shows the support & resistance line that actually is showing the trend that we need to follow is repainting? Thanks for the very nice videos!!! Nice work[/quote
Hello you are right. White arrow does not appear on every cross. Secondly blue and red lines repaint more on lower TFs and very less on H4/D1. To me repainting indis are not bad only if you know how to use them . In this strat Murrey Math indi also adjust once price crosses these levels. Rest of the indis does not repaint.

irfanmalik72 May 12, 2019 1:31pm | Post# 6

{quote} what is the stop loss you used on this stradegy ? and the arrow indicator white buy or sell indicator, does it repaint?
My live acct is a mini acct. In it 0.1 lot is actually 0.01. Therefore i place nearest round fig below extrememe over shoot level. Normally my hard SL is 300 to 500 pips once i enter a trade on D1. I use hard SL only to avoid wiping out of complete acct due to sudden abnormal spike like BREXIT events. Otherwise i close my trades manually depending on market conditions. Hope it helps

christos1967 May 12, 2019 2:51pm | Post# 7

You quote <<Hello you are right. White arrow does not appear on every cross>>
So any explanation about this?

irfanmalik72 May 12, 2019 6:56pm | Post# 8

You quote <<Hello you are right. White arrow does not appear on every cross>> So any explanation about this?
Dear i am not a coder. Maybe some expert or coder can throw better light on logic behind it.

christos1967 May 13, 2019 12:45am | Post# 9

I think I found the reason why the arrow is not appearing on all crossings. When the cross is happening between the 2 black lines the arrow is not appearing.
I think the 2 black lines consider as a trendless area.

FxMachina May 13, 2019 5:08am | Post# 10

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your system and ideas.

I just wanted to check the indicators you use, but I downloaded the rar file on post 1, but when I try to open it I get a message that the file is damaged.

Can you please post the indicators used?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry, I had not read the other messages and some refer to update the winrar sw.
I did update and now I can see the files

mangaradja May 13, 2019 5:22am | Post# 11

Nice thread and I think we've been through the same boat in last ten years

Subscribe

budidharma19 May 13, 2019 8:08am | Post# 12

Hello IRFAN,

I am from Jakarta , Indonesia,...

Thanks for sharing your good system,....

Lets teach us,... Which indicator that make you ENTRY GBPUSD ? There are likely 3 indicators,.. should we wait until those 3 comes up ?

Thanks, and terima kasih

Best Regards,

Budi

irfanmalik72 May 13, 2019 8:11am | Post# 13

Hello, Thank you for sharing your system and ideas. I just wanted to check the indicators you use, but I downloaded the rar file on post 1, but when I try to open it I get a message that the file is damaged. Can you please post the indicators used? Thanks. PS: Sorry, I had not read the other messages and some refer to update the winrar sw. I did update and now I can see the files
Please re download from Post No 1

FxMachina May 13, 2019 10:04am | Post# 14

{quote} Please re download from Post No 1
Hi Irfanmalik72,

Thank you for that (I did manage to update my winrar and open the rar you had on the first post, but thank you for your attention).

You say that the indicators repaint, and I know zigzag repaints, but what about STI OBOS, does it repaint?

I am testing it forward, and it does not look like it repaints, but you have more experience.

(I do not mean the white arrows that appear on the chart - those seem to be dependant of zigzag as well - but I mean the STI OBOS on the separate window below).

Thanks again.

irfanmalik72 May 13, 2019 11:03am | Post# 15

Hello, Thank you for sharing your system and ideas. I just wanted to check the indicators you use, but I downloaded the rar file on post 1, but when I try to open it I get a message that the file is damaged. Can you please post the indicators used? Thanks. PS: Sorry, I had not read the other messages and some refer to update the winrar sw. I did update and now I can see the files
Hello the pic which i posted for buy entry has 3 indis. The first in the bottom window is trend wave which is non repaint. Second indi is zig zag and it repaints very less on D1 specially once it appears once price is at bottom levels of Murray Math. Last is break out indi by PZ Double Top bottom which is again NRP. All 3 indis are complementing eachother. Crux is Murray Math indi. Whenever any indi appears once price is at these levels you are good to go. Hope that helps

irfanmalik72 May 13, 2019 11:06am | Post# 16

{quote} Hi Irfanmalik72, Thank you for that (I did manage to update my winrar and open the rar you had on the first post, but thank you for your attention). You say that the indicators repaint, and I know zigzag repaints, but what about STI OBOS, does it repaint? I am testing it forward, and it does not look like it repaints, but you have more experience. (I do not mean the white arrows that appear on the chart - those seem to be dependant of zigzag as well - but I mean the STI OBOS on the separate window below). Thanks again.
Please see my last post. I will make a video in which i will explain role of all indis used in my strategy. How i look at them and how they help me in my decision making. Just dont worry abt painting and non repainting stuff. Enjoy

irfanmalik72 May 15, 2019 2:40am | Post# 17

Hello traders just wanted to check from all those who have downloaded indis. Has anyone tried it in H4 / D1. Did you find it useful. I am still waiting opinion from experts. Is this strategy any worth trying or holding onto. I wanted to hear for any improvements. I will be doing a recap on Friday since i am out of town.

budidharma19 May 15, 2019 7:41pm | Post# 18

Hello traders just wanted to check from all those who have downloaded indis. Has anyone tried it in H4 / D1. Did you find it useful. I am still waiting opinion from experts. Is this strategy any worth trying or holding onto. I wanted to hear for any improvements. I will be doing a recap on Friday since i am out of town.
Dear Irfan Malik,

Good Day,...

As you said that we have to ignore the Re-Painting,...
To get the usefull feedback,.. i think you have to explain to us much clear step by step how to trade this system. I really believe his system is good,.. since between H4 and D1 templates were different,.. as a newbie,.. I have some doubt ,.. how to trade this system.

Hope you can explain step by step with clear explaination,...sincethe sound of the video not so clear enough.

Hoping your further response,...

Best Regards,

Budi

irfanmalik72 May 17, 2019 8:39am | Post# 19

Hello Guys i have posted another video which further explains this strategy. I have done recap of my last 2 trades which i have manually closed as per current dictates of market. Please use headphones if you have issues regarding voice quality. Thanks
Inserted Video

irfanmalik72 May 19, 2019 2:12am | Post# 20

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Traders i have updated post 1 with new templates. I have removed indicator giving false entries in trend continuation and i have added smart filter to filter out wrong entries on H4 charts. Pl re download fresh H4 template and req indicator. Good Luck
Click to Enlarge

Name: H4.jpg
Size: 291 KB
Name:  Smart Filter.jpg
Views: 4280
Size:  161 KB

© Forex Factory