Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Plot long/short retail positions (from myfxbook) on MT4 chart (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=915949)

hanover May 12, 2019 2:40am | Post# 1

Plot long/short retail positions (from myfxbook) on MT4 chart

Moved to Platform Tech: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=930086

kennyxox May 12, 2019 2:49am | Post# 2

Interesting to see the retail %, volume plot on chart, thank you

PippinUSA150 May 12, 2019 2:54am | Post# 3

Glad to have you active. We are lucky to have you here .

neilsdigest May 12, 2019 4:55am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
The bin is the best place on this forum. You can hide and don't get all the nutcases ;-)

Thanks for the hard work Hanover..

The way I use the data is to add the data together. As seen on the graph below. The JPY since around 5-6th May

As we all know we contrarian it. So buy the JPY i.e GBP/JPY sell

Not sure if it's possible in an indicator but is it at all possible to add all the pairs together for say the JPY to get one reading. An average of the JPY pairs for example.

Awesome trade last week with the GBP/JPY - I do it manually. But that will be the icing on the cake. Even though I don't use MT4 to trade, I do have an old MT4 demo that I test things on.

Great work as always.

P.S I wasn't here
Name:  JPYOUTLOOK.png
Views: 1631
Size:  5 KB

astonbraham May 12, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 5

One more Awesome contribution!
Thanks and Blessings to you Hanover.

krismitt May 13, 2019 7:47am | Post# 6

Great Work here Hanover; really appreciate you taking the time to do this while you are away.

Looking forward to the further development of this work.

Cheers,
Krismitt.

krismitt May 13, 2019 7:53am | Post# 7

The bin is the best place on this forum. You can hide and don't get all the nutcases ;-) Thanks for the hard work Hanover.. The way I use the data is to add the data together. As seen on the graph below. The JPY since around 5-6th May As we all know we contrarian it. So buy the JPY i.e GBP/JPY sell Not sure if it's possible in an indicator but is it at all possible to add all the pairs together for say the JPY to get one reading. An average of the JPY pairs for example. Awesome trade last week with the GBP/JPY - I do it manually. But that will be...
Hi there Neil:

I am actually looking forward to the tools being developed here, to enhance my Contrarian Trading - the one that you shared with us in another place in past-times.

Thanks for dropping-in .

Cheers.

neilsdigest May 15, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi there Neil: I am actually looking forward to the tools being developed here, to enhance my Contrarian Trading - the one that you shared with us in another place in past-times. Thanks for dropping-in . Cheers.
Glad you're still using it.. This will certainly enhance it.

I missed Hanover's update with the files so going to test it out now. Will keep you updated and post examples here.

Massive thanks Hanover :-)

Update: Getting there. I think I missed something in my rush ;-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: RetailFlows.png
Size: 20 KB

Nicholishen May 15, 2019 8:05pm | Post# 9

Why scrape myfxbook community-outlook html instead of using the outlook-API?

neilsdigest May 17, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 10

Why scrape myfxbook community-outlook html instead of using the outlook-API?
Because its a one off.... No comments from Hanover or updates. He doesn't visit here now. So better to scrape the data then use the API as they change it.

He did it as a favor. Worked very hard on it.. Just use it and forget the silly comments.

krismitt May 17, 2019 6:32pm | Post# 11

2 Attachment(s)
I have a small live account that i use for Testing.

This week I have only traded using the Data from MyFxBook via the App that was developed by Hanover to generate the CSV Files. I have now got the Data printed on my Charts via my EA. Great work Hanover. Thanks a lot!.

See top left corner...
Name:  EURUSD.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  34 KB

Week's results; all contrarian.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Week Report.jpg
Size: 102 KB

Can't thank you enough Hanover!.

Cheers.

Nicholishen May 17, 2019 8:59pm | Post# 12

{quote} So better to scrape the data then use the API as they change it.
You've actually got that backwards. Myfxbook tweaks the way they render the site frequently. The only thing that remains consistent is the API, which hasn't changed its spec since 2012. The first rule of web-scraping is check the API. If a public API doesn't exist then you target their private API. And finally, when all else fails, then you parse the data from the markup. In this case you can get all the data from their public API directly into MQL; no need to run a separate program to parse rendered markup.

krismitt May 17, 2019 10:31pm | Post# 13

{quote} Because its a one off.... No comments from Hanover or updates. He doesn't visit here now. So better to scrape the data then use the API as they change it. He did it as a favor. Worked very hard on it.. Just use it and forget the silly comments.
Thanks to you as well Neilsdigest.

I am simply trading the system you shared elsewhere, with the exception that I do not limit myself to the Scorpion Pairs. My Signal Candle is the D1 Candle that breaks the upper (70) and lower (30) levels of RSI(2), (hlc/3). I trade this candle only against the crowd. I have been studying the behaviour of this Signal Candle over time and I am working on some observations to optimize the entry.

Krismitt.

neilsdigest May 18, 2019 12:31am | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks to you as well Neilsdigest. I am simply trading the system you shared elsewhere, with the exception that I do not limit myself to the Scorpion Pairs. My Signal Candle is the D1 Candle that breaks the upper (70) and lower (30) levels of RSI(2), (hlc/3). I trade this candle only against the crowd. I have been studying the behaviour of this Signal Candle over time and I am working on some observations to optimize the entry. Krismitt.
Magic... Still works and will always work. I always use the D1. Keep me updated how it goes. Chart is daily GBPJPY.. Contrarian as over 80% are buying since May 6th - Little pullback on the 10th May then boom.
Name:  RSI2HLC.png
Views: 1375
Size:  21 KB

krismitt May 19, 2019 10:41pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Got my Signal Candle on 7th
Name:  GBPJPY.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  27 KB
(Closed all at the end of the week)

Will keep you posted.

Regards

maknil Jun 7, 2019 11:41am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
hi ,

some error in mt4 plotting data from myfxbook, any idea how to fix.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-06-07 21_07_.png
Size: 34 KB

Impenia Jun 8, 2019 2:54am | Post# 17

hi , some error in mt4 plotting data from myfxbook, any idea how to fix. {image}
Similar error from my end too.

maknil Jun 8, 2019 6:25am | Post# 18

2 Attachment(s)
Hanover i had changed the setting as u told. As data is downloaded in MQL4\Files\myfxbookdata but still it not reflecting in mt4. Kindly chk details in screen if u can fix it.

Thanks
mak
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-06-08 15_52_16-21026992_ Ava-Demo - [GBPCHF,Daily].png
Size: 332 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-06-08 15_56_41-21026992_ Ava-Demo - [GBPCHF,Daily].png
Size: 139 KB

peterbabs Jun 12, 2019 11:12pm | Post# 19

Thanks for the good work, Hanover!

If you get to see this, I'd like to know what formula you used to calculate the values in $$_netVolume_[Currency].csv
I have essentially the same curve for USD as yours in the consolidated template. Buy the value I get is more than twice the value you have there.

Thanks again!

peterbabs Jun 15, 2019 5:02pm | Post# 20

Thanks for the good work, Hanover! If you get to see this, I'd like to know what formula you used to calculate the values in $$_netVolume_[Currency].csv I have essentially the same curve for USD as yours in the consolidated template. Buy the value I get is more than twice the value you have there. Thanks again!

Thanks, Hanover! I saw the update.

© Forex Factory