Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NIH98 Journal of Whatever (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=915096)

Nih98 Jun 20, 2019 11:09pm | Post# 481

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Nih, on the daily chart how did you know before hand price was not going to poke through the mid line and retrace further to the first upper band?
In General, because of current down move behavior from Daily Chart Scope point of view..

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 169 KB

Regards
NIH

mamabear Jun 20, 2019 11:13pm | Post# 482

In my old days I would have been super happy with consistently getting 20 pips a day. Now I get very greedy learning to trade the beast

mamabear Jun 20, 2019 11:24pm | Post# 483

{quote} In General, because of current down move behavior from Daily Chart Scope point of view.. {image} Regards NIH
So look for clues on the chart history particularly the day chart for patterns of behavior...
I have updated my TP level accordingly. Thanks Nih please keep the comments coming they are hugely helpful.

mamabear Jun 20, 2019 11:41pm | Post# 484

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Nih, will you comment on GA? I get conflicting impression, on the 4h chart it looks like she is going up, on 15m in a squeeze, on 30m under the salmon line. I know it is flat Asian session right now. Are sessions important to your style of trading?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDH4.png
Size: 74 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM30.png
Size: 77 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM15.png
Size: 72 KB

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 12:13am | Post# 485

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Nih, will you comment on GA? I get conflicting impression, on the 4h chart it looks like she is going up, on 15m in a squeeze, on 30m under the salmon line. I know it is flat Asian session right now. Are sessions important to your style of trading? {image} {image} {image}
My Long term bias for GBP/AUD still up movement, not because GBP is strong (actually is weak) but AUD maybe weaker in the next couple of days..
Click to Enlarge

Size: 164 KB

So, mostly I will looking for Higher Low on H4, and search for confirmation on H1 and M15..

About Market Sessions, of course from Intradays trading level yes they are important.. , but for Long term hold trading level. nope they are nothing..

Hope it Helps
NIH

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 1:14am | Post# 486

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} So, mostly I will looking for Higher Low on H4, and search for confirmation on H1 and M15..
GBP/AUD H4
Click to Enlarge

Size: 152 KB

GBP/AUD M15
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 166 KB

Happy Trading
NIH

rajandaas Jun 21, 2019 2:19am | Post# 487

Hi Abang Nih98,

This must be the most underrated thread in FF. Keep up the good work sir.

I also notice that you are very helpful and quick to answer queries from members.

I have one for you sir.

How do you determine which pair to trade for the day? Is it based on a currency strength indicator?

Terima kasih.

Jiran uthara

Rajnidas

skyway Jun 21, 2019 3:19am | Post# 488

Hi Abang Nih98, This must be the most underrated thread in FF. Keep up the good work sir. I also notice that you are very helpful and quick to answer queries from members. I have one for you sir. How do you determine which pair to trade for the day? Is it based on a currency strength indicator? Terima kasih. Jiran uthara Rajnidas
Rajnidas, you finally opened your eyes to look at your jiran selatan thread, good for you.

rajandaas Jun 21, 2019 3:33am | Post# 489

{quote} Rajnidas, you finally opened your eyes to look at your jiran selatan thread, good for you.
Ha ha ha,

You are from Finland. How come you speak the Malay/Indonesian language?

Rajnidas

skyway Jun 21, 2019 3:34am | Post# 490

{quote} Ha ha ha, You are from Finland. How come you speak the Malay/Indonesian language? Rajnidas
I major in linguistic studies, one of my thesis topic is on bosku country.

rajandaas Jun 21, 2019 3:39am | Post# 491

{quote} I major in linguistic studies, one of my thesis topic is on bosku country.
Ha ha ha. Bossku really is great isn't he? Put us in the limelight for all the wrong reasons.

His trial is going on now. Wonder if you are following it.

Rajnidas

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 3:42am | Post# 492

Hi Abang Nih98, This must be the most underrated thread in FF. Keep up the good work sir. I also notice that you are very helpful and quick to answer queries from members. I have one for you sir. How do you determine which pair to trade for the day? Is it based on a currency strength indicator? Terima kasih. Jiran uthara Rajnidas
Hi Bro Rajnidas my Northern Brother.

Thank you for your question, Firstly, we could determine which pairs to trade for the day base on our trading time range, then we should measure our risk allowances.

So, in general it is not about currencies strength but more about our account risk strength. for example if our risk allowance approximately 50 pips then you should look for pair with ADR in similar range, don't play 'the beast' with ADR 150 pips.

Then, you should search for pair(s)/instruments that 'active' during your trading time range. Base on that you could build your trading system and trading plan specific to your favorite pair(s).

Hope it helps, and wish you all the best
NIH

skyway Jun 21, 2019 3:46am | Post# 493

{quote} Hi Bro Rajnidas my Northern Brother. Thank you for your question, Firstly, we could determine which pairs to trade for the day base on our trading time range, then we should measure our risk allowances. So, in general it is not about currencies strength but more about our account risk strength. for example if our risk allowance approximately 50 pips then you should look for pair with ADR in similar range, don't play 'the beast' with ADR 150 pips. Then, you should search for pair(s)/instruments that 'active' during your trading time range....
Uncle give the best answer.
Pls learn folks.

rajandaas Jun 21, 2019 3:47am | Post# 494

{quote} Hi Bro Rajnidas my Northern Brother. Thank you for your question, Firstly, we could determine which pairs to trade for the day base on our trading time range, then we should measure our risk allowances. So, in general it is not about currencies strength but more about our account risk strength. for example if our risk allowance approximately 50 pips then you should look for pair with ADR in similar range, don't play 'the beast' with ADR 150 pips. Then, you should search for pair(s)/instruments that 'active' during your trading time range....
Hi Nih98,

Thank you sir. I shall go back to the drawing board and start working along those lines.

Rajnidas

skyway Jun 21, 2019 4:02am | Post# 495

{quote} Hi Nih98, Thank you sir. I shall go back to the drawing board and start working along those lines. Rajnidas
Rajnidas, follow up to uncle's post I suggest you start with less volatile pairs to gain experience.
EURUSD, USDCHF, AUDUSD, AUDJPY, CADJPY, CHFJPY

Less volatility, smaller stop loss required, lesser psychological stress. Learn this pairs then step up to GBP pairs and eventually the "beast" as your skill improve.

rajandaas Jun 21, 2019 4:11am | Post# 496

{quote} Rajnidas, follow up to uncle's post I suggest you start with less volatile pairs to gain experience. EURUSD, USDCHF, AUDUSD, AUDJPY, CADJPY, CHFJPY Less volatility, smaller stop loss required, lesser psychological stress. Learn this pairs then step up to GBP pairs and eventually the "beast" as your skill improve.
Hi Skyway,

Thank you for your advice sir. I shall switch to the pairs that you have suggested and work my way up.

Have you completed your thesis yet? Wish you all the best.

Am going to have a short nap.

Kind regards

Rajnidas

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 4:54am | Post# 497

General Tips and Tricks

If you really serious about this financial trading carrier, and not just for fun and hobby, maybe you should go for International Certification. So you not waste your time and effort for nothing. There many technical analyst certification with international classification. Search for CMT - Chartered Market Technician, or IFTA with Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) and Master of Financial Technical Analysis (MFTA). or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or else that reputable internationally.

So, later you could work with 'officially' formal financial institutions in your country or abroad and not just become 'forum master' with empty claim.. lol. (btw don't call me that.. please.. .please.. !!!, coz I'm not claiming anything , I'm just ordinary old guy)

By looking and learning their curriculum you will know and understand which one is the correct learning path as professional technical analyst.

Hope it helps
NIH

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 5:14am | Post# 498

1 Attachment(s)
Week end clearing positions.. my hobby/ just for fun account this week, not so bad for ordinary old guy(without master qualification of course) trading with colorful Christmas Chart..lol

Click to Enlarge

Name: Real Test account Trade report weekly 2019 - 6 16-21.png
Size: 112 KB

Have a nice week end for all., and keep smiling..
NIH

OAPDave Jun 21, 2019 5:39am | Post# 499

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} This is great.. you could work and combined your favorites tools together.. one important aspect in technical analysis is you should "know your tool(s)" how it work, what for, the advantage(s) and the weakness(es), and how to combine in confluence orchestration with other favorite tool(s). The very first question.., how you use your chart(s).. what for ? Regards NIH
Hi Nih
Thanks for your comments very much appreciated that goes for all your posts as well.
With my Grids (were you are) I try to set them to certain time frames I have enclosed 3 screen shots all based on 15 min charts, what I look for is if and when any grids match their different time frames (could call it OB/OS then I look to take a trade this might indicate either a pullback or a change of trend
Dave
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDM15a.png
Size: 176 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDM15b.png
Size: 154 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDM15c.png
Size: 100 KB

Nih98 Jun 21, 2019 7:23am | Post# 500

4 Attachment(s)
I already share this sweetspot indicator in R4M thread, but I will share it again here in my own journal

As we know, Chartist basic skill like the core name 'chart' or 'map' is 'area mapping.area charting'.

Grid is part of 'area mapping' and grid should always consist of 2 parts, Time range and Price Range. the range shape will be rectangles or squares and the correlation/interaction between axis will be diagonal / triangles.

GBP/NZD H1 SweetSpot Area Mapping Price Range Grid
Attachment 3367530

Let apply this SweetSpot Indicator with example setting above, the main level and sub level could be different, depend on your ADR calculation result on your broker data. Also the low price as start price. You could always adjust the colors of your main levels and sub levels to your favorites colors..

Then bring down to GBP/NZD M5 Chart to add the Time Range Grid
Attachment 3367541

and how to read in general..
Attachment 3367553

Hope it help and have a nice week end
NIH
! NIH98 SweetSpot Indi.ex4

© Forex Factory