Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Consecutive Candles Williams %R and Volume with 55EMA Baseline (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=914079)

binnie May 13, 2019 4:12pm | Post# 81

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning all,
Wrong time of clock for me too Chris. Sleep time in NZ.
I see that Silver also performed just like Gold and I have shown what happened on the Pound too. I have been trialling some futures like Dow and Nas but these do not seem to move in same way. Just looking still but your Gold/Silver & some cross currencies are very promising.

Click to Enlarge

Name: silver_14May.png
Size: 69 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: GU_14_May.png
Size: 41 KB

cfudge May 13, 2019 6:38pm | Post# 82

Hi salim
Glad you got some pips from that move...

binnie, I had some luck on AUDNZD and GBPCHF when I was testing, originally, with opening and closing on each signal. The only difference is I wasn't using the 55ema or volume, just crosses of the -20/-80 lines. Regular pairs did not seem to respond like gold, silver and oil do with the current system.

@all, I am in contact with a coder, whom I have been working with, on some renko EAs.
He has had a look at this thread and thinks we could make it into a single indicator, with arrows for signals and a way to signal exits too. Then we might be able to get an EA out of this.

I will keep updating as I know more.

Chris

eurix May 13, 2019 6:49pm | Post# 83

1 Attachment(s)
I found this on the i-net, maybe it helps in coding
consecutive candles 1_02.mq4

binnie May 13, 2019 6:50pm | Post# 84

Hi salim Glad you got some pips from that move... binnie, I had some luck on AUDNZD and GBPCHF when I was testing, originally, with opening and closing on each signal. The only difference is I wasn't using the 55ema or volume, just crosses of the -20/-80 lines. Regular pairs did not seem to respond like gold, silver and oil do with the current system. @all, I am in contact with a coder, whom I have been working with, on some renko EAs. He has had a look at this thread and thinks we could make it into a single indicator, with arrows for signals and...
Thx Chris - I just had a look at US Oil and there was a nice 15min short around 2am US Time.
Will be interesting to see how a single arrow type indy will go. Renko is visually really appealing but gees it's hard to jump onto when it starts moving fast LOL.Good luck with the coding project - unfortunately I know Zero - Zip about coding etc but here if I can help in other way.
Binnie

salimc May 14, 2019 4:35am | Post# 85

Good morning all, Wrong time of clock for me too Chris. Sleep time in NZ. I see that Silver also performed just like Gold and I have shown what happened on the Pound too. I have been trialling some futures like Dow and Nas but these do not seem to move in same way. Just looking still but your Gold/Silver & some cross currencies are very promising. {image}{image}
To catch the moves of Gold you have to be active in London or NY session or you will miss the train

salimc May 14, 2019 5:04am | Post# 86

Hi salim Glad you got some pips from that move... binnie, I had some luck on AUDNZD and GBPCHF when I was testing, originally, with opening and closing on each signal. The only difference is I wasn't using the 55ema or volume, just crosses of the -20/-80 lines. Regular pairs did not seem to respond like gold, silver and oil do with the current system. @all, I am in contact with a coder, whom I have been working with, on some renko EAs. He has had a look at this thread and thinks we could make it into a single indicator, with arrows for signals and...
Thanks Chris.
My personal experience is that price runs faster than the indicator. The candles change colors. Sometimes there is buy and sometimes sell signal because the price moves up & down. So how you will believe in the indicators? I have spend a lot of money on indicators but didn't get me an edge over the market with them. So i better use my own way with Bollinger band. With BB you can gauge the market (at least which I do).
I am in short for Gold now. now waiting for the outcome. The SL is a bit higher than yesterdays high. Don't know what will happen after NY opens
Thanks.

cfudge May 14, 2019 9:33am | Post# 87

I found this on the i-net, maybe it helps in coding {file}
Hi eurix
Is this the same indicator? Where did you find it?

Chris

salimc May 14, 2019 9:37am | Post# 88

Good morning all, Wrong time of clock for me too Chris. Sleep time in NZ. I see that Silver also performed just like Gold and I have shown what happened on the Pound too. I have been trialling some futures like Dow and Nas but these do not seem to move in same way. Just looking still but your Gold/Silver & some cross currencies are very promising. {image}{image}
good work binnie

eurix May 14, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 89

s

eurix May 14, 2019 12:07pm | Post# 90

{quote} Hi eurix Is this the same indicator? Where did you find it? Chris
https://www.cryptocraft.com/showthre...1#post12247591

It seems to be the same, only in mql

salimc May 14, 2019 1:02pm | Post# 91

{quote} https://www.cryptocraft.com/showthre...1#post12247591 It seems to be the same, only in mql
good work

Genry_05 May 15, 2019 3:59am | Post# 92

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks Chris. My personal experience is that price runs faster than the indicator. The candles change colors. Sometimes there is buy and sometimes sell signal because the price moves up & down. So how you will believe in the indicators? I have spend a lot of money on indicators but didn't get me an edge over the market with them. ...
Good day, Salim!
To improve the forecast, you can use the statistical advantage. This approach is used in the indicator "consecutive candles" which checks two candles to search for price impulses in the direction of %R, but how effective is it? To answer this question, check with what probability the reversal occurs after X-consecutive candles in one direction. As a result, we will get more reliable settings for candle filtering.
According to the results of the analysis, you can set up an indicator of the type “asymmetric fractal” in which the left shoulder will contain the number of bar after which the turn is most often, and the right shoulder will be short - 1 candle (this will be its delay).

Here are the results of statistical analysis for a pair of EurUSD m15 on the interval of 10 years:
========== M15 from 01.01.2009 - 01.02.2019
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 12 candles - 83.33%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 11 candles - 70%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 10 candles - 67.74%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 9 candles - 62.5%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 8 candles - 60.05%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 7 candles - 57.73%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 6 candles - 56.73%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 5 candles - 56.17%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 4 candles - 55.36%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 3 candles - 55.02%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 2 candles - 54.17%
EURUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 1 candle - 53.04%

It is clearly seen that the largest number of successful turns occurs after 11-12 consecutively growing candles. So we can adjust the fractal indicator with the left shoulder equal to 11-12 bar + extremum + 1 bar - the right shoulder (confirmation of the extremum).

Asymmetric fractal indicator in trailer. It does not best fit this method, but gives an idea of the work of the statistical advantage.
An example of filtering for Gold according to data from Euro on the screen - fractals are marked with rhombuses.
On screenshots are three orders for Gold today. At the top, the SL trawl worked, the lower ones were without a trawl.
wlxFractals.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: Gold+Fractals.png
Size: 40 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Gold+ConsCandle+Fractals.png
Size: 25 KB

Genry_05 May 15, 2019 5:23am | Post# 93

2 Attachment(s)
I will show another filter that can be useful for this strategy. This is a Kiosotto indicator (thanks Kilian19@FF & Scriptong, does not draw).
Successes, Colleagues, and profit!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Gold+m15+Fractals+Kio.png
Size: 43 KB
Kiosotto_v41.mq4

aaven May 15, 2019 5:38am | Post# 94

I will show another filter that can be useful for this strategy. This is a Kiosotto indicator (thanks Kilian19@FF & Scriptong, does not draw). Successes, Colleagues, and profit! {image} {file}
Genry,

Can you kindly show how the indicator increases the odds of better entry.

Thanks

Genry_05 May 15, 2019 5:50am | Post# 95

{quote} Genry, Can you kindly show how the indicator increases the odds of better entry. Thanks
I showed it on the bottom screen of my first post. For the first order entry condition was:
1. %R in oversold area
2. "VolumeAndVolatility update" - green
3. wlxFractals previously painted a reversing rhombus
4. "consecutive candles 1_02" drew an arrow with a dot
5. if we take the Kiosotto signals into account (third screen), then the histogram level is above two thresholds: 15 and 21.

The second order by the usual rules.

aaven May 15, 2019 5:59am | Post# 96

{quote} I showed it on the bottom screen of my first post. For the first order entry condition was: 1. %R in oversold area 2. "VolumeAndVolatility update" - green 3. wlxFractals previously painted a reversing rhombus 4. "consecutive candles 1_02" drew an arrow with a dot 5. if we take the Kiosotto signals into account (third screen), then the histogram level is above two thresholds: 15 and 21. The second order by the usual rules.
Thanks Genry...

Genry_05 May 15, 2019 7:22am | Post# 97

{quote}..Here are the results of statistical analysis for a pair of EurUSD m15 on the interval of 10 years:
========== M15 from 01.01.2009 - 01.02.2019 EURUSD,M15: ...
========== Gold M15 from 01.11.2017 - 24.04.2019
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 14 50%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 13 33.33%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 12 57.14%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 11 69.57%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 10 66.18%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 9 59.76%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 8 57.64%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 7 56.43%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 6 56.58%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 5 57.86%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 4 56.17%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 3 55.25%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 2 54.2%
XAUUSD,M15: Closing percentage with price increase 1 52.86%

12 bar pattern: 10 left shoulder + extremum + 1 bar right shoulder

cfudge May 15, 2019 6:30pm | Post# 98

1 Attachment(s)
Time for another update, just before the long weekend.

These are all closed trades from 05/05/19 to 05/15/19

Does no include the XAUUSD5 min trades, I am only paper trading those.

Chris

Click to Enlarge

Name: to 0515.jpg
Size: 171 KB

aaven May 16, 2019 1:29am | Post# 99

Time for another update, just before the long weekend. These are all closed trades from 05/05/19 to 05/15/19 Does no include the XAUUSD5 min trades, I am only paper trading those. Chris {image}
Great Going Chris... Which is the time frame you traded?

Thanks

cfudge May 16, 2019 9:38am | Post# 100

Most are labeled in the comments in the pic.

I am trading gold 15min to daily

Chris

© Forex Factory