Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Consecutive Candles Williams %R and Volume with 55EMA Baseline (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=914079)

bishopdotun Jun 22, 2019 4:40am | Post# 341

{quote} If you treat them as a different chart that's ok. In that case, you have 5 charts (15m,1H,4H,D,W). But the trading decision you take from which TF chart?
Decision is based on each chart. Each chart is treated independently.

Open M15: If there is signal to trade take it
Open M30: if there is signal to trade take it
Do the same for all the time frames stated M15, H1, H4, D and W

cfudge Jun 22, 2019 11:16am | Post# 342

{quote} Decision is based on each chart. Each chart is treated independently. Open M15: If there is signal to trade take it Open M30: if there is signal to trade take it Do the same for all the time frames stated M15, H1, H4, D and W
Not the weekly
DD will be too much

reteid2222 Jun 24, 2019 8:52am | Post# 343

1 Attachment(s)
When you look into the successful trades it is obviously how these were developing:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 79 KB

cfudge Jun 24, 2019 10:10am | Post# 344

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} But also large movement...see here....if I won t have this trade...I would have 9% more... {image}
If that is an m30 chart...where is the latest 15min trade?

I did say that w/o sl there will be DD :{

Chris
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.jpg
Size: 89 KB

bishopdotun Jun 24, 2019 11:11am | Post# 345

2 Attachment(s)
Update after 6 trading days:

M30
Click to Enlarge

Name: consecutive - M30.png
Size: 194 KB

H1
Click to Enlarge

Name: consecutive - H1.png
Size: 188 KB

The new version is still closing trades from another magic number. You may want to check.

Verdict: Promising.

1. Require manual intervention for trades that get away in reverse direction.
  2. Stop loss will turn the bot to a loser. Trades often reverse before going as expected

Hercs Jun 24, 2019 11:27am | Post# 346

1 Attachment(s)
My trades since this morning.
Rather disappointing.
It seems as if the AUDUSD is not suitable for this EA. Any comments Retina? Please.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cfudge-EA results 24 June 2019.PNG
Size: 21 KB

nihilist23uk Jun 24, 2019 11:43am | Post# 347

Update after 6 trading days: M30 {image} H1 {image} The new version is still closing trades from another magic number. You may want to check. Verdict: Promising. Require manual intervention for trades that get away in reverse direction. Stop loss will turn the bot to a loser. Trades often reverse before going as expected
Yes, looks good, but what is your floating negative level of open trades still to close ?
Until we can close a basket of trades completely we wont know how this is going to work.

Back testing has yet to show me any pair that is profitable on its own. I know its a difficult as we have to compare individual pairs to a basket.
Forward testing so far has better results than back testing,for me anyway.

D.

aaven Jun 24, 2019 12:40pm | Post# 348

My trades since this morning. Rather disappointing. It seems as if the AUDUSD is not suitable for this EA. Any comments Retina? Please. {image}
Hercs,

My Request is: Please stop saying words like- Disappointing etc... Because This is just the testing period-As it can be really discouraging to Chris- After all he is doing it for the community.

Also, there seems to be cluster of 4 sell orders on AUDUSD nearly at the same price?

May be Chris or Retina can add further insights.

Thanks

bishopdotun Jun 24, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 349

{quote} Yes, looks good, but what is your floating negative level of open trades still to close ? Until we can close a basket of trades completely we wont know how this is going to work. Back testing has yet to show me any pair that is profitable on its own. I know its a difficult as we have to compare individual pairs to a basket. Forward testing so far has better results than back testing,for me anyway. D.
Read my comments again:

1. Require manual intervention for trades that get away in reverse direction.
  2. Stop loss will turn the bot to a loser. Trades often reverse before going as expected

How you manage trades in negatives is up to you.

I am more interested in a tool that takes the trades and closes to a great extent. The rest I can handle. You can see losses in the picture. Thats part of trading.

At the moment I have equal amount of DD as profit displayed and thats perfectly fine. I will add more trades to each pair when the opportunity presents itself.

Backtesting has no merit in my rule book. Thank you.

nihilist23uk Jun 24, 2019 2:20pm | Post# 350

Glitch with ea.

Got two open trades on nzdjpy buy and a sell with ea's tp set to williams border.

Buy should have closed before opening a sell.

Checking experts log, loads of errors with "invalid price" for close of trades,
2019.06.24 23:30:02.244 cfudge - Williams, EMA & Vol V2.00 - Forex EA - V8.00 AUDUSD,M5: invalid price 0.69637000 for OrderClose function

D.

Tiivaa Jun 24, 2019 3:26pm | Post# 351

The new version is still closing trades from another magic number. You may want to check.
In my computer the new version works perfect with the magic numbers. 3 version of this EA and also 2 other EAs are open all with different magic numbers.
Thanks again Retina

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 2:59am | Post# 352

{quote} Hercs, My Request is: Please stop saying words like- Disappointing etc... Because This is just the testing period-As it can be really discouraging to Chris- After all he is doing it for the community. Also, there seems to be cluster of 4 sell orders on AUDUSD nearly at the same price? May be Chris or Retina can add further insights. Thanks
Hi Aaven,
Thanks for your post, but seeing that we are in the testing phase, it would be better to use these words now rather than when we are all happy running away with a freight train and all of a sudden the breaks come off. Chris is not a baby and he will appreciate good testing results. Check the fish that he caught! That is not disappointing, but years of fishing.
Best,

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 3:05am | Post# 353

Good morning Chris,

Trust the first fish is in the net.

Two things plse and "no", I do not wish to change your rules:

a) Could Retina possibly change the EA in such a way that when the trade runs in the wrong direction, it be closed when it reaches the entry point to the correct direction?
b) Does the function of placing a stop at the previous fractal work? Mine does not seem to.
c) Again no change suggestion, but if you use a filter such as the 55-ema on the candles, it might just pull it off. May I suggest you running such a chart for your own edification before commenting.

Happy fishing with tight lines.

Hercs.

reteid2222 Jun 25, 2019 5:18am | Post# 354

If you want to have new features in the next version just add here...will do it in about 4 weeks when I see how this EA works and behaves:
Please the format and layout like here:

V3.00 Feature idea no 1:

<blablabla...very specific>

Screenshots(1-4):
<Add to your post>

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 5:21am | Post# 355

If you want to have new features in the next version just add here...will do it in about 4 weeks when I see how this EA works and behaves: Please the format and layout like here: V3.00 Feature idea no 1: <blablabla...very specific> Screenshots(1-4): <Add to your post>
You are a 5-Star, Retina.
Mine follows shortly.
Best to the best.

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 5:30am | Post# 356

1 Attachment(s)
Hello again Retina,

A. Indicates the LONG arrow and the trade was taken correctly according to rules.

B. If we use the 55-ema as filter, then that was incorrect and we would have waited for the first SHORT entry @ 10h00.

In our present scenario, I would like the EA, to close the long upon the short signal and enter short @ 10h00 irrespective of loss.

C. Correctly read from the oscillator.

See attached screen shot for your kind perusal and comments.

Hercs.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Retina re suggested changes to EA cfudge.PNG
Size: 40 KB

cfudge Jun 25, 2019 9:37am | Post# 357

Hey Hercs
Don't try and butter me up with fish talk...LOL

The change you described shows total disregard for the rules. I would suggest that if you want to play with the 55ema on the chart as a baseline, you would wait for proper sell signals, from all indicators and ignore buys.

Just using the Williams%R crossing the 55ema, regardless of position, has nothing to do with what we are doing here. I am not saying that it is not a good idea, only that it is a departure from the core entry requirements.

Would you be willing to backtest this, visually, and throw up a chart with your results for us all to see?

I am not picking on you, thinking about improvements, adjustments is great...but before we add tons of things to the EA we should have a more solid idea on how it looks from a backtest.

Retina has a program for easy backtesting, maybe she can share it here.

Chris

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 10:00am | Post# 358

Hey Hercs Don't try and butter me up with fish talk...LOL The change you described shows total disregard for the rules. I would suggest that if you want to play with the 55ema on the chart as a baseline, you would wait for proper sell signals, from all indicators and ignore buys. Just using the Williams%R crossing the 55ema, regardless of position, has nothing to do with what we are doing here. I am not saying that it is not a good idea, only that it is a departure from the core entry requirements. Would you be willing to backtest this, visually,...
Hi Chris,
Thank you for replying. There is no "disregard" intended nor mooted, but let me look at your suggestion tonight and see if I can fit that in with my daily trading.

BTW, the new EA is starting to perform nicely. I took Retina's advice and increased the stop with seemingly excellent results. Will place results later this evening.

Continued success to you.

Hercs.

wolf300 Jun 25, 2019 10:46am | Post# 359

Hello everyone,

just dropping by to say, that I am very proud to see that my consecutive candles indicator (coded by IceRice) is well integrated in

a profitable system.

Please remember: Every time you get an "arrow with dot" you have a "change in market direction" and the opposite is stronger, may it for one candle only.

If you get a "dot only" you have a consecutive force in that direction and the dominant party keeps control of the market direction.

A profitable way to scale in.

Keep up the good work. I will be back when reteid finished the best possible ea about that system , if she ever stops hanging around the Isar river in munich showing off with her bikinis.

Wolf

Hercs Jun 25, 2019 1:19pm | Post# 360

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my trades since 08h00 my time (+2 GMT ) for your perusal and comments.

I AM IMPRESSED, THX.

Special mention to Retina for tweaking as well as advice and to the "Boss man" with the fishing rod, for sharing.

Continued success to you all.

Hercs.

PS. I am not too sure about the time between 13h00 est ( my 19h00 ) and my start @ 09h00 which is London open.
Scrutinizing that tonight and the rest of the week.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cfudge-EA results 25 June 2019.PNG
Size: 34 KB

© Forex Factory