Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

Cubbybgood Nov 1, 2019 5:22am | Post# 1161

{quote} I do not use a SL. Any position that is closed for a loss is done manually. I use a TP of 10 pips for each pair. I do not use TP for the total basket of open positions. I do not use the grid function of the EA. I will occasionally open additional positions on a pair but I do so manually and when the pair is down -100 pips or more and I believe that a reversal is likely. I have only done this 3 or 4 times and managed to salvage a break even or small loss from a potential big loss.
Oh interesting!

The lower profit of 10 pips is smart when trading so many pairs. I'm currently running it on the GBPCAD and AUDCAD m30 with a TP of 25 pips using a grid. I'm also using my Close All EA for when multiple trades are in on both the AUDCAD and GBPCAD.

The forward test hasn't been running long. Started on 10/24/19. Still, it's up +1% during this short period. This forward test has the long-term in mind. It's running on a lower leverage account of just 50:1. Profit potential is 1-4% a month.

I'll be posting the forward test here soon...

yohec Nov 1, 2019 9:59am | Post# 1162

2 Attachment(s)
All positions closed, I am finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded.

This week closed with a small loss of -0.2%. Following are the results after 12 weeks of trading. I would be happy if I could continue to average 1% profit per week for an entire year.

Name:  CubbyRes.JPG
Views: 1305
Size:  42 KB

Name:  CubbyChart.JPG
Views: 1312
Size:  25 KB

Cubbybgood Nov 1, 2019 10:15am | Post# 1163

All positions closed, I am finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded. This week closed with a small loss of -0.2%. Following are the results after 12 weeks of trading. I would be happy if I could continue to average 1% profit per week for an entire year. {image} {image}
Yohec,

You're doing exactly what I've wanted people to do since I released this EA to the public! I've wanted them to explore it and what it can offer them.

You've experimented with the EA settings and have come up with a potential edge. In my opinion, 3+ months is enough to make a pretty good evaluation of what to expect in the future. My System trades best on pairs that range. Some pairs will be stronger than others but, the 10 pip profit target is pretty conservative allowing for even the more trending pairs a chance to profit. If performance starts to suffer, I would try a 5 pip TP each pair.

I usually say once you hit past 4 months, you can say you're officially on to something.

12.8% in 3 months is nothing short of impressive. Well done.

yohec Nov 1, 2019 11:41am | Post# 1164

{quote} Yohec, You're doing exactly what I've wanted people to do since I released this EA to the public! I've wanted them to explore it and what it can offer them. You've experimented with the EA settings and have come up with a potential edge. In my opinion, 3+ months is enough to make a pretty good evaluation of what to expect in the future. My System trades best on pairs that range. Some pairs will be stronger than others but, the 10 pip profit target is pretty conservative allowing for even the more trending pairs a chance to profit. If performance...
I appreciate your commentary. When I started experimenting with the EA, I was using the grid. But I ran into a problem when a few pairs would spike and open several additional positions. This would not be a problem if the spike reversed quickly, but if it continued moving in the same direction, I would be holding more losing trades. All these losing trades would use up a big amount of margin. So I decided to stop using the automatic grid and only open additional trades on the same pair manually.

I started experimenting using TP of 15 pips. I later lowered it to 12 pips and then again to the current 10 pips. I often close trades manually at 7-8 pips so I am considering lowering the TP again.

Cubbybgood Nov 1, 2019 11:48am | Post# 1165

{quote} I appreciate your commentary. When I started experimenting with the EA, I was using the grid. But I ran into a problem when a few pairs would spike and open several additional positions. This would not be a problem if the spike reversed quickly, but if it continued moving in the same direction, I would be holding more losing trades. All these losing trades would use up a big amount of margin. So I decided to stop using the automatic grid and only open additional trades on the same pair manually. I started experimenting using TP of 15 pips....

Interesting. I agree with you. The grid can be a good and bad thing. If the risk is low enough, the grid can be helpful even when 20-30 trades are in. Yes, it looks like a nightmare but in a lot of cases, it helps get out of trades faster. It's a double edged sword for sure.

If you disable the grid, the EA should take another position in the same direction when you receive a new extreme RMI + inside candle. I found this worked well on some pairs as the actual entry is usually pretty good. This way you're basket trading but not grid trading. Sure you can enter trades manually as well. To each there own.

Cubbybgood Nov 1, 2019 11:54am | Post# 1166

{quote} I appreciate your commentary. When I started experimenting with the EA, I was using the grid. But I ran into a problem when a few pairs would spike and open several additional positions. This would not be a problem if the spike reversed quickly, but if it continued moving in the same direction, I would be holding more losing trades. All these losing trades would use up a big amount of margin. So I decided to stop using the automatic grid and only open additional trades on the same pair manually. I started experimenting using TP of 15 pips....
Right now V7 of the EA is using a grid with a 25 pip TP. It used to be 50 pips in my V3 of the EA. The GBPCAD worked with the 50 pip TP for 13 years then earlier this year, the 50 pip TP ran into issues. The abnormal market behavior focused around the Brexit drama broke the EA in it's current form. If the EA breaks again, I will lower the TP again. I think the 25 pip TP will be solid for a long while but you just never know these days! I'm looking forward to the brexit drama being over so the GBPCAD can get back to a bit more normal behavior. Who knows though, it could be a new beast now since leaving the EU.

Cubbybgood Nov 1, 2019 12:17pm | Post# 1167

Here is the tracked account. Yes, it's new but this time I'm doing it right. Only 50:1 leverage here. Running the GBPCAD and AUDCAD. Risk could run up to -30% but the profit should be good and consistent. This EA IS NOT a get rich quick EA! 1-4% a month with these V7 settings. FF continues to have problems when I try to attach a TE. I'm working with them now to get this fixed hopefully. In the mean time, you can follow along the myfxbook link.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lilr...audcad/3595406

lukeyninja Nov 1, 2019 7:47pm | Post# 1168

Morning Y'all

Week Ending P/L % / Forex pairs / Instruments Current DD
04-10-19, 2.2% Majors, Minors and crosses 0%
11-10-19, 2.7% Minors and crosses, Exc: USD and GBP Pairs -1.4%
18-10-19, 4.1% Minors and crosses, Exc: USD and GBP Pairs -6.4%
25-10-19, -1.3 Same 0%
01-11-19, 5.1% Same -4.2%

As you can see i was worried about the large DD so i got out of a heap of losing trades at the beginning of last week @ a 6% loss for Monday morning, but finished the week@ a i.3% loss so that wasn't to bad.
this week was a good winning week but again my DD went as high as 11%, this time i though i would let it play out and see how it goes, and i'm fairly happy with the way i finished the week.
One thing with not using a stoploss on each trade is i will need to sharpen up on my hedging options to try and combat any large DD

I am running on a Live account, with a 12 pip TP, i may look at a 10 pip TP like @ Yohec over the next few weeks, but will be defiantly be working on some Hedging options.

Enjoy the weekend, happy trading next week brothers.

PS: i will work out how to cut and paste the table properly next week

ukfix Nov 3, 2019 7:14pm | Post# 1169

{quote} Very nice results, well done. I am also holding a losing CAD/JPY. But in addition, I have 5 losing GBP positions and 2 losing USD positions. I was really hit badly on Friday morning. I'll wait for some recovery and look for opportunities to exit these positions. This is the advantage of using only 50:1 leverage. Even with all of these losers, my total drawdown is only -5.7%.
Could you confirm exactly what pairs you're using and what time frame? Thanks!

dgeorge35 Nov 4, 2019 5:03am | Post# 1170

Good day all hope everyones still getting those green pips with this badboy, Im using v7 with the TP 12 pips and its working a treat i must say, i only trade EURUSD H1 and GBPCAD M30 be interested to hear other peoples feedback or tweaks?

yohec Nov 8, 2019 10:08am | Post# 1171

2 Attachment(s)
All positions closed, finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded.

This week closed with a good gain of 2.4%. Following are the results after 13 weeks of trading. I am ahead of target to average 1% profit per week. I will post an image of my set file shortly.

Views: 1001
Size:  47 KB

Views: 991

dgeorge35 Nov 8, 2019 12:28pm | Post# 1172

All positions closed, finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded. This week closed with a good gain of 2.4%. Following are the results after 13 weeks of trading. I am ahead of target to average 1% profit per week. I will post an image of my set file shortly. {image} {image}

That is impressive well done, I am now 2 weeks without loss on this beaut itís a animal

yohec Nov 8, 2019 2:53pm | Post# 1173

2 Attachment(s)
These are the current settings I use for my trading method.

Click to Enlarge

Name: CubbySet1.JPG
Size: 120 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: CubbySet2.JPG
Size: 120 KB

yohec Nov 8, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 1174

- I trade the H1 chart on all pairs.

- I use v5 of the EA. I'm sure that v6 will work the same. I did not see a reason to change since I was already having success with v5.

- My broker is Oanda with 50:1 leverage.

- For position size I use 0.01 lots per $500 account balance.

- I close the EA and do not open any new trades between 12:00 noon CST (1 hour after London close) and 21:00 CST (5 hours after New York close). All other times, the EA remains open.

Cubbybgood Nov 11, 2019 2:08pm | Post# 1175

1 Attachment(s)
- I trade the H1 chart on all pairs. - I use v5 of the EA. I'm sure that v6 will work the same. I did not see a reason to change since I was already having success with v5. - My broker is Oanda with 50:1 leverage. - For position size I use 0.01 lots per $500 account balance. - I close the EA and do not open any new trades between 12:00 noon CST (1 hour after London close) and 21:00 CST (5 hours after New York close). All other times, the EA remains open.
Thanks for all your imput here Yohec! Glad to see things are still working for you using my EA! Keep it up! My performance is still going very well. I didn't realize my GBPCAD chart was on the 1 hour. I should have had a few more trades with it on the m30 time frame. Still, my results have been solid with almost 0 DD.

For those of you using my RMI EA and other trading tools, it would be awesome if you could take a few minutes to right a review.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bestfreeforexea.com
Click to Enlarge

Name: FF_001.png
Size: 104 KB

Makanz Nov 14, 2019 4:51pm | Post# 1176

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for a good EA.
I have run multiple tests and I have found a strange behavior. Some trades are stuck and fill up all trades and at last they will draw the account down.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.jpg
Size: 46 KB

yohec Nov 15, 2019 9:05am | Post# 1177

2 Attachment(s)
All positions closed, finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded.

This week closed with a small gain of 0.3%. On Wednesday night I had 4 AUD long trades open. Then AUD news went against me and the AUD trades went into significant losses. By next day, AUD recovered enough to limit the losses. I also had a few wins to bring the week into profit.

Following are the results after 14 weeks of trading. I am still ahead of target to average 1% profit per week.

Views: 607
Size:  44 KB

Views: 631

Cubbybgood Nov 15, 2019 11:41am | Post# 1178

Thanks for a good EA. I have run multiple tests and I have found a strange behavior. Some trades are stuck and fill up all trades and at last they will draw the account down. {image}
Iím not sure what version youíre using... something you found here on this thread? My V7 doesnít trade like this...

using a set-file?

Cubbybgood Nov 15, 2019 11:43am | Post# 1179

All positions closed, finished trading for the week. Still trading only 21 pairs, GBP not traded. This week closed with a small gain of 0.3%. On Wednesday night I had 4 AUD long trades open. Then AUD news went against me and the AUD trades went into significant losses. By next day, AUD recovered enough to limit the losses. I also had a few wins to bring the week into profit. Following are the results after 14 weeks of trading. I am still ahead of target to average 1% profit per week. {image} {image}

thanks for the update! Profitable week for me as well using just the gbpcad and audcad.

+0.84% profit this week.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/lil...audcad/3595406

ukfix Nov 15, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 1180

{quote} Thanks for all your imput here Yohec! Glad to see things are still working for you using my EA! Keep it up! My performance is still going very well. I didn't realize my GBPCAD chart was on the 1 hour. I should have had a few more trades with it on the m30 time frame. Still, my results have been solid with almost 0 DD. For those of you using my RMI EA and other trading tools, it would be awesome if you could take a few minutes to right a review. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bestfreeforexea.com {image}
What pairs and settings are you now using please Cubbygood? I'm thinking of running the EA on two different accounts, with different settings, and maybe timeframes.

Thanks!

© Forex Factory