Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

Cubbybgood May 24, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 701

{quote} Jeez dude, stop flinging your feces all over this thread. You have been proven wrong multiple times now. BY ACTUAL DEFINITIONS of martingale. And yet you continue to shit up the place. How about you produce something of value instead of arguing here all the time?
I will be blocking powermoon from this thread. Causing too much of a commotion...

Cubbybgood May 24, 2019 2:47pm | Post# 702

New video update!

I'm keeping the transparency here!

Inserted Video

almo May 24, 2019 3:26pm | Post# 703

{quote} I certainly have no desire to be a critic here so please take this as a good gesture to offer some ideas. I have no shortage of ideas so here we go.... I will delete my post to avoid clutter so copy, save or discard at your will. Also, I rarely save my deleted posts so please don't PM me asking for more clarification. Heads-up... I tend to state the obvious keeping all levels of readers in mind. We always measure DD in % of account equity (not balance). My rule of thumb when it comes to what impacts consistency is to never measure anything...
Veefx - I've been a follower of yours for some time - its been a long time since I have posted anything, but I had to step out of the shadows when I saw this post. As you have a tendency to delete your posts, I have done the community a service and replied to it here, so that we have it preserved for future generations. Please do not take offense at my actions; New traders have a hard enough time finding quality posts, and having people such as yourself who regularly delete their posts - tends to hurt more than it helps.

Edit - Just reailized without a true copy paste, you only get a partial of the previous post. Perhaps its best I leave this alone then - you have your reasons for doing this, I should respect it.

alphadude May 24, 2019 3:51pm | Post# 704

Hi everybody! Soo it looks like my EA will pull out of this one. High DD though for some of you. I believe standard risk settings was giving some upwards of -65% DD. Which isn't really acceptable. Still, at least it looks like it may pull out for you guys that are still holding. I'm still working on a good preset for my RMI EA. So many to choose from. I've found so many, I'm considering releasing multiple presets. ALL INCLUDE A SL OR % CUTTOFF ON EVERY TRADE! -Some presets include taking out the the grid entirely. -Some presets include a much smaller...
good spirit cubby. keep it up.

there is an edge to your strategy. together we will try to make it profitable.

your steps above are in the right direction.

alphadude May 24, 2019 3:52pm | Post# 705

{quote} I will be blocking powermoon from this thread. Causing too much of a commotion...
indeed, PoweMoon is Dukas_trader. he was banned from FF alltogether because of his ill posts

jeanet May 24, 2019 5:50pm | Post# 706

Hi all, today Ryan's EA closed the first set-up I did with it in profit. I had a horrible time to get it installed ( totally my fault I am an absolute noob with this stuff) but managed with all of your help, for which I thank you! I runned it totally according to Ryan's advices and rules. It is quite an experience bottrading! You must be very very disciplined and have nerves of steel, if you see it open so many trades, not to panic. I am running it on a demo, even then I got nervous like hell. So learned a lesson with this: stick absolutely to Ryan's rules no matter what. Keep the leverage and/or lotsize low and trade it preferably on a larger account (so you have a cushion if it goes against you) and stay confident. Will keep it running for another month on demo and keep you guys informed. Thanks again Ryan, keep up the good work !

hilmy83 May 24, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 707

like i said to all thread owners..do not allow anyone less than yellow badges to post. These "new members'or low post members who suddenly want to let you know how they feel are like the plague of forums...

forexn00b81 May 24, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 708

Yeah, GCAD, I hedged an equal sized position RIGHT before the joker reversed, regret is understated..... Considering that GJ moved 1500 pips in response to the Brexit vote in 16', this might not be over, but still 700 pips on GJ and GCAD is just scary for any swing system... Espec with almost zero retracement...

Has me considering trend following much more seriously... It was afterall greed and a lack of patience that pushed me to swing systems in the first place...

Here's a guy that has made $2.9 mil to the balance live in 3 months, but is in $2.8 mil dd at present, some of my same exact entries...

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/For...-prime/3201732

DojiSan May 24, 2019 8:42pm | Post# 709

{quote} I will be blocking powermoon from this thread. Causing too much of a commotion...
Thank you.

mercilez May 24, 2019 9:17pm | Post# 710

Hi everybody! Soo it looks like my EA will pull out of this one. High DD though for some of you. I believe standard risk settings was giving some upwards of -65% DD. Which isn't really acceptable. Still, at least it looks like it may pull out for you guys that are still holding. I'm still working on a good preset for my RMI EA. So many to choose from. I've found so many, I'm considering releasing multiple presets. ALL INCLUDE A SL OR % CUTTOFF ON EVERY TRADE! -Some presets include taking out the the grid entirely. -Some presets include a much smaller...
good lad, thats the spirit ! we learn and grow from our past doings, cheers for not giving up on this ea, more importantly , lose hope to some nay sayer.
trading involves risk, and using grid EA is greater risk than usual. its just plain and simple, grid systems will fail in trending times, the key now is how you manage the trades manually, so far i havnt seen any 100% automatic systems without need to monitor or tweak on non performing market condition. Yes your part of overleveraging / overrisk in the trade explorer is a funny mistake LOL.

Robot Trader May 24, 2019 9:57pm | Post# 711

like i said to all thread owners..do not allow anyone less than yellow badges to post. These "new members'or low post members who suddenly want to let you know how they feel are like the plague of forums...
You do not need a badge to know anything about Forex

VEEFX May 24, 2019 11:21pm | Post# 712

{quote} Veefx - I've been a follower of yours for some time - its been a long time since I have posted anything, but I had to step out of the shadows when I saw this post. As you have a tendency to delete your posts, I have done the community a service and replied to it here, so that we have it preserved for future generations. Please do not take offense at my actions; New traders have a hard enough time finding quality posts, and having people such as yourself who regularly delete their posts - tends to hurt more than it helps. Edit - Just reailized...
Thanks man. I sincerely hope my posts are not to encourage future generations to enter into this wild trading industry. I delete so I can share what I don't want to share momentarily to a small targeted audience (personal, private and most of my years of hard work in research). I am pretty sure someone out there has saved most of my posts lol.

johnsmith2nd May 26, 2019 10:21am | Post# 713

Just generalise against all non yellow badges... Cheers mate lol

FXsniper111 May 26, 2019 10:28am | Post# 714

{quote} You do not need a badge to know anything about Forex
I dont understand why you dont have a yellow badge Robot trader you have 13 subs and usually you get first step yellow badge with 6-8 subs...I will sub you mayby that will help...lolz

VEEFX May 26, 2019 11:49am | Post# 715

{quote} I dont understand why you dont have a yellow badge Robot trader you have 13 subs and usually you get first step yellow badge with 6-8 subs...I will sub you mayby that will help...lolz
I was red with over 200+ subscribers last year then found a way to bring my subscribers down to zero to lose my red flag status. within few months, I got my red flag status back. The algo used by FF is a complete joke lol

profitfarmer May 26, 2019 12:52pm | Post# 716

{quote} I was red with over 200+ subscribers last year then found a way to bring my subscribers down to zero to lose my red flag status. within few months, I got my red flag status back. The algo used by FF is a complete joke lol
Cant fight it Vee, you are just one interesting person, maybe bcos trading from Tuvalu, that 99% of the population has no idea where it is and 100% dont give a shit about
or bcos you delete most of your post and that makes you one mysterious guy,
or perhaps forum members just have a sweet spot in their heart for a fellow losing trader

just joking.
the red flag bcos of the subscribers, simple many think once in a while in your rare moments, you post something sensible too, not only the high academic no real value mambo jambo, LOL!

VEEFX May 26, 2019 1:34pm | Post# 717

{quote} Cant fight it Vee, you are just one interesting person, maybe bcos trading from Tuvalu, that 99% of the population has no idea where it is and 100% dont give a shit about or bcos you delete most of your post and that makes you one mysterious guy, or perhaps forum members just have a sweet spot in their heart for a fellow losing trader just joking. the red flag bcos of the subscribers, simple many think once in a while in your rare moments, you post something sensible too, not only the high academic no real value mambo jambo, LOL!
I had Vatican earlier and still folks would comment on it as being deceitful and yet most posts and screenshots have my timestamp in pacific time zone and I have repeatedly mentioned living in the silicon valley. Even I don't know where the fuck is Tuvalu bro. I just picked it because of it's remote location to stay away from the human race as my dream to end my life in complete ISOLATION.

Edit: Read my recent post and tell me WHY I should leave my years of painstaking research on this swamp!!! Please tell me why? Would you even share your hard work? I have shared in bits and pieces every line of code in my EA and every bit of research. This is the only way I can think of to help others and exchange ideas or a little nudge in the right direction or whatever. I does not matter what you or others really think of me! We are and shall remain strangers till the end of time. That is how anonymous forums work :-)

profitfarmer May 26, 2019 1:56pm | Post# 718

{quote} I had Vatican earlier and still folks would comment on it as being deceitful and yet most posts and screenshots have my timestamp in pacific time zone and I have repeatedly mentioned living in the silicon valley. Even I don't know where the fuck is Tuvalu bro. I just picked it because of it's remote location to stay away from the human race as my dream to end my life in complete ISOLATION. Edit: Read my recent post and tell me WHY I should leave my years of painstaking research on this swamp!!! Please tell me why? Would you even share your...
will answer in PM. way too much off topic.

ebeckers May 26, 2019 2:38pm | Post# 719

1 Attachment(s)
So did more back-, forward-, and monte carlo testing
The problem with this strategy is not really the drawdown, but the moment you start trading it
I ran 300 monte carlo tests from 2007 - 2019 where each test had a random start date between 2007-2013
from this random start date it then traded the strategy for 6 years.
So basically 300 backtests of 6 years where each test used a random start date to begin

As you can see in the results.. when you started at 2007 you had a very nice run with $61k profit, a profit factor of 2.03 and a winratio of 71.19%
But.. if you started trading this on any random date between 2007-2013 you had a high probability to blow up the account and/or hit a severe MDD
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 403 KB

alphadude May 26, 2019 10:27pm | Post# 720

So did more back-, forward-, and monte carlo testing The problem with this strategy is not really the drawdown, but the moment you start trading it I ran 300 monte carlo tests from 2007 - 2019 where each test had a random start date between 2007-2013 from this random start date it then traded the strategy for 6 years. So basically 300 backtests of 6 years where each test used a random start date to begin As you can see in the results.. when you started at 2007 you had a very nice run with $61k profit, a profit factor of 2.03 and a winratio of 71.19%...
good find. i believe this strat has an edge if traded with a single position only. add some exit methods, and diversify the parameters.

© Forex Factory