Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 4:51pm | Post# 401

{quote} I feel this may be a bit of a jab at me as well. Sometimes the only thing that is shared online is the EXE when it comes to trading tools. Correct me if I'm wrong, those files FXSniper111 posted were not of his own. They are also just simple Close EA's. We take what we can get! Just so it's clear, the reason I chose NOT to post the mq4 file is because of that ONE reason. I didn't want people to basically claim my work as their own just to re-sell it online. You got to open your mind here...Many more reasons than selling the EA not to give...
Hes been here a month and cant know that 95% of all files to mt4 are exe files on forums and places where theese tings can be found..

ebeckers May 14, 2019 5:18pm | Post# 402

{quote} I feel this may be a bit of a jab at me as well. ....
Just ignore these clowns.. They should thank god on their knees for you giving away this EA for free!
I've created many EAs myself so i know how much blood, sweat and tears go into this.
If you search this site you will see i shared my work in the past too, same like you're doing now ..
But i got the same shit as you do now .. These clowns can only complain and demand more more more.
its so sad.. in the end i simply stopped sharing since i got tired of all of it

So.. big kudos to you Cubbygood for sharing this !!!
I've done some backtesting myself and they look very good with the sets you gave us.
Thats why I decided to give it a go and am running a live account on a VPS.
You can follow it here https://www.myfxbook.com/members/ebe...rmi-ea/3316094

regards and thanks again!

Erwin

NPSystems May 14, 2019 7:03pm | Post# 403

{quote} I feel this may be a bit of a jab at me as well. Sometimes the only thing that is shared online is the EXE when it comes to trading tools. Correct me if I'm wrong, those files FXSniper111 posted were not of his own. They are also just simple Close EA's. We take what we can get! Just so it's clear, the reason I chose NOT to post the mq4 file is because of that ONE reason. I didn't want people to basically claim my work as their own just to re-sell it online. You got to open your mind here...Many more reasons than selling the EA not to give...
No actually it was not a jab at you at all. It wasn't even a jab anyone.

First of all, your work is a bit more significant so I completely understand why you wouldn't post the source based on that alone. I'm talking about tools and utilities or even indicators and EAs that people post that is not their own work. They get it from another source such as other threads or other forums or wherever else but instead, make the mistake of posting compiled code instead of the source. Therefore, any possibility of improvements is stopped in its tracks right there.

Also, there is much to say but in short, who knows what's in the code? If you guys have been around for a few years, you would know quite a few interesting but unethical things are possible.

I just say this for the benefit of others and the benefit of the forum culture as a whole, not for the benefit of myself. I'm doing my own thing here. I'm not planning on posting any real accounts but you can see always see some sort of positive expectation demo account on my profile here which isn't the result of anything I got from forums.

clevr1 May 15, 2019 12:56am | Post# 404

So you really can't test this in strategy tester using eurusd or can it? It seems to not make any orders when testing.

billworld May 15, 2019 1:03am | Post# 405

The strategy calls for applying the EA to 3 pairs which closes all for profit after a combined 50p profit is attained, right? I'm trying to understand how this relates to the backtest results demonstrated here performed on a single pair (GBPCAD). Seems to me if the strategy is based on 3 pairs a backtest on 1 pair is completely meaningless.

HenryMcGiver May 15, 2019 2:50am | Post# 406

Greetings. I have lost money for years trading Forex manually and am interested in learning more about this EA as well as others. I will certainly test this out on a demo account. I am hoping to be upgraded from Jr Member status soon in order to post a new thread regarding another promising EA YouTube video I recently ran across but would like to obtain valuable feedback from the FF community.

Cubbybgood May 15, 2019 5:41am | Post# 407

The strategy calls for applying the EA to 3 pairs which closes all for profit after a combined 50p profit is attained, right? I'm trying to understand how this relates to the backtest results demonstrated here performed on a single pair (GBPCAD). Seems to me if the strategy is based on 3 pairs a backtest on 1 pair is completely meaningless.
This has not been the case so far. The idea here is if EACH of the 3 pairs can backtest well on their own, then together (in live trading) they will perform even better. So far in my live testing, this has been the case. For example, October 2018 the GBPCAD would have hit -45% DD on it's own. All 3 pairs together only hit max -35% during this period.

The 3 pairs are correlated just enough to compliment each other.

Robot Trader May 15, 2019 5:57am | Post# 408

{quote} This has not been the case so far. The idea here is if EACH of the 3 pairs can backtest well on their own, then together (in live trading) they will perform even better. So far in my live testing, this has been the case. For example, October 2018 the GBPCAD would have hit -45% DD on it's own. All 3 pairs together only hit max -35% during this period. The 3 pairs are correlated just enough to compliment each other.
When trading correlated pairs you need to take into account the account currency against the pairs you are trading and the pairs need different lot sizes to allow for the different pips movement on each correlated pair.

So for example Pair A may need 1 standard lot, but Pair B may need 1.4 standard lots to compensate

Cubbybgood May 15, 2019 6:05am | Post# 409

{quote} When trading correlated pairs you need to take into account the account currency against the pairs you are trading and the pairs need different lot sizes to allow for the different pips movement on each correlated pair. So for example Pair A may need 1 standard lot, but Pair B may need 1.4 standard lots to compensate
Yes! I have 2 different lot sizes going here...

$1000 account.
GBPCAD 0.01 per trade.
AUDCAD 0.02 per trade.
NZDCAD 0.02 per trade.

I've considered changing the AUDCAD lot size to 0.03 for every $1000 to offset the correlation a bit more. This pair (on it's own) has shown the least DD. Something I may still down the road.

ScorpioForex May 15, 2019 6:16am | Post# 410

Hey guys,

Just installed this the other day. How often does this EA open trades? I don't really care if it's 2 a week or 20, just wanted to know what to expect from this EA. Thanks!

Robot Trader May 15, 2019 6:32am | Post# 411

{quote} Yes! I have 2 different lot sizes going here... $1000 account. GBPCAD 0.01 per trade. AUDCAD 0.02 per trade. NZDCAD 0.02 per trade. I've considered changing the AUDCAD lot size to 0.03 for every $1000 to offset the correlation a bit more. This pair (on it's own) has shown the least DD. Something I may still down the road.
That's good, there is a formula to work it out I have it on a Excel spreadsheet somewhere, I also have an EA that trades correlated pairs and the formula in build into the EA, but mine only trades pairs A & B (no C pair) and the EP it triggered by 2x StdDev from the Mean plus an increase in the pips distance between each pair based on the look back period (a couple of custom indicator calculates this), so a completely different trigger.

But you maybe over compensating with 0.01 and 0.02, however the smaller the lot size the harder it is for the EA to apply the correct lot size based on the formula to each trade.

So out of interest, out of the 3 pairs you trade is there a dominant pair that triggers the other 2 pairs or are they all independent of each other therefore in affect entering the market based on their own individual parameters being met? The thing I have found when trading correlated pairs is it is better to enter the market when they are out of sync, much higher probability of the coming back to the Mean. So you are relying on the basket of trades to come good and give you the 50 pips you require globally to close all 3 pairs at once, but it would not surprise me if your better performing trades are achieving there TP quicker because they hit a time when the pairs were naturally out of sync and the market is adjusting itself.

Just something for you to think about.

Cheers

RT

Cubbybgood May 15, 2019 7:52am | Post# 412

{quote} That's good, there is a formula to work it out I have it on a Excel spreadsheet somewhere, I also have an EA that trades correlated pairs and the formula in build into the EA, but mine only trades pairs A & B (no C pair) and the EP it triggered by 2x StdDev from the Mean plus an increase in the pips distance between each pair based on the look back period (a couple of custom indicator calculates this), so a completely different trigger. But you maybe over compensating with 0.01 and 0.02, however the smaller the lot size the harder it is...
All good points here! Thanks for the info.

$1000 is my minimum balance to trade my strategy. The correlated hedge works much better the larger the balance. A bit smaller difference of lot sizes from pair to pair could be a good idea here.

The pairs enter trades alone but take profit together. I do like each pair entering on their own. This can initially cause more DD but when pairs start to differ over time, the DD can move into profit much more quickly. At least this has been what I've seen so far. I like how they correlated but not correlated enough to cause massive problems...At least not yet.

Lazar87 May 15, 2019 10:05am | Post# 413

Hello Cubbybgood, I found your thread, and I am intrigued by this EA. I would like to use it, but I see that the files are settings for 1:50 leverage. My account is 1:500. What do I need to change, or where could I find the settings for this leverage? Thank you in advance.

FXsniper111 May 15, 2019 10:13am | Post# 414

Hello Cubbybgood, I found your thread, and I am intrigued by this EA. I would like to use it, but I see that the files are settings for 1:50 leverage. My account is 1:500. What do I need to change, or where could I find the settings for this leverage? Thank you in advance.
Read the tread and watch video before asking tings been aswered a bounch of times there are setfiles for both 50:1 and higher leverage in the zipfile.

billworld May 15, 2019 10:15am | Post# 415

{quote} This has not been the case so far. The idea here is if EACH of the 3 pairs can backtest well on their own, then together (in live trading) they will perform even better. So far in my live testing, this has been the case. For example, October 2018 the GBPCAD would have hit -45% DD on it's own. All 3 pairs together only hit max -35% during this period. The 3 pairs are correlated just enough to compliment each other.
In theory yes. Maybe would be good to re-program in MT5 and run all 3 pairs in a single backtest to see exactly how this fleshes out over the test period?

billworld May 15, 2019 10:21am | Post# 416

I typically shy away at strategies with fixed pips for TP or SL. The reason being that volatility changes. Look at early 2014 low volatility for some pairs as compared with other time periods.

This strategy calls for closing all open positions upon combined 50p profit. I've seen other grid systems close all after a certain percentage of profit is attained. Have you considered going with % profit or % change instead of xx pips for determining the close all condition?

FXsniper111 May 15, 2019 11:25am | Post# 417

I typically shy away at strategies with fixed pips for TP or SL. The reason being that volatility changes. Look at early 2014 low volatility for some pairs as compared with other time periods. This strategy calls for closing all open positions upon combined 50p profit. I've seen other grid systems close all after a certain percentage of profit is attained. Have you considered going with % profit or % change instead of xx pips for determining the close all condition?
you have the options to test that bye yourself Dollar amount ore pips whatever make you tick..And i am not sure,but i posted a Close in profit EA on this tread that may also have % gain.

Shingyo May 15, 2019 11:42am | Post# 418

you have the options to test that bye yourself Dollar amount ore pips whatever make you tick.

Will the Close All EA run both Close Profit in Pips and Close % Loss at the same time and close the trades by whichever is reached first?

FXsniper111 May 15, 2019 11:56am | Post# 419

{quote} Will the Close All EA run both Close Profit in Pips and Close % Loss at the same time and close the trades by whichever is reached first?
It does not close in loss with the setup OP has used on setfiles with this system,but you are free to set a CUTOFF ore EQUITYSTOPLOSS if you feel that you want that,i have added some non correalated pairs on my demo to see how that works out and have now 500 pips in 6 days.250 of them this week alone and its only Wednesday that means i had 5 closes at 50 pips and my maximum DD is at 1.47%...I do not say that you should use other pairs than OP has on,but for me to get some more action i have hand picked 8 pairs to run with very good results so far and i am to go live Monday i belive if stays on this path until market close Friday.But this tread is for the 3 pairs OP has picked and nothing else so i will not talk abaut that more here.

mrdfx May 15, 2019 12:15pm | Post# 420

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm interesting, lets see this recover....

Btw I'm using the exact same set files on a ECN zero account.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 13.12.29.png
Size: 464 KB

© Forex Factory