Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

GodRa May 6, 2019 4:27pm | Post# 221

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much for releasing this EA for free, it's much appreciated. But I did a backtest GBPCAD, M30 from 1 Jan 2018 - 31 March 2019 using your set file. Only 30 trades made. Gross profit $323.42, loss $0. That does not seem right?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 117 KB

El1000 May 6, 2019 4:39pm | Post# 222

Thank you very much for releasing this EA for free, it's much appreciated. But I did a backtest GBPCAD, M30 from 1 Jan 2018 - 31 March 2019 using your set file. Only 30 trades made. Gross profit $323.42, loss $0. That does not seem right? {image}
Well that is actually 32% profit with your settings, I think many investors will be very happy with 32% in a little over a year

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 4:42pm | Post# 223

Thank you very much for releasing this EA for free, it's much appreciated. But I did a backtest GBPCAD, M30 from 1 Jan 2018 - 31 March 2019 using your set file. Only 30 trades made. Gross profit $323.42, loss $0. That does not seem right? {image}

Just by looking at your screenshot I can tell you don’t have the option “close by pips profits” set to “true”. The EA has no way of taking profit without this. Refer to my first post. I put this in RED writing

GodRa May 6, 2019 4:43pm | Post# 224

{quote} Well that is actually 32% profit with your settings, I think many investors will be very happy with 32% in a little over a year
Thanks, I will correct.

chiquete May 6, 2019 4:44pm | Post# 225

Is there any set for the EURUSD? I do not find the optimal configuration for backtesting

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 4:59pm | Post# 226

Cubbyhood: Awesome job on the EA and don't be concerned on the "Act" of giving it away. You do this cause you love it and cause YOU CAN. The best is that you have actual hard data... I am not to found of back test results as they are not accurate by any means. The strat tester is really only good for testing a new EA or Indicator to see if they function properly. Even then you have to be careful with the TIME, in real trading the TIME
can show differences in seconds that will mess up
whatever you saw in the strat tester. But forward testing,...
This is good to know! I’m taking classes to become a full stack coder starting in August of this year. I’m planing on having Mql4 be one of the languages I learn. I’m also planing on re-writing the entire EA code myself. I want to clean it up and make the EA a bit smarter. For example, detecting the balance for risk and lot size, taking out some of the unecissary options, and adding some filters to help the EA take even better trades. Doing this will be one of my projects for my portfolio.

Any my recommendations for the best place to learn mql4?

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 5:06pm | Post# 227

{quote} Thanks, I will correct.
If you’re using my 3 pairs with my settings, it is possible to do 5-10% a month. This has been tested but you need to be patient. The EA doesn’t trade every day which is a good thing.

Profit ammount should NEVER be your concern. Draw down should be.

blueruby May 6, 2019 5:08pm | Post# 228

Backtest isn't going to give the whole pictures, since it's supposed to run on several pairs, along with a separate EA to close all trades the other EA opens. i don't think there's a way to run more than one EA on backtest...

You surely make a good point in the video about the no stop loss strategy. But when you said 500 pips, that sounded like a problem.

I was running an EA a couple months ago which I was paying a monthly fee for, which used a cost-averaging (anti-Martingale) strategy. I had over $700 drawdown on a trade that was attempting to make $15 - 20. It did recover and ended up losing $9. But that's when I shut it down.

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 5:21pm | Post# 229

Backtest isn't going to give the whole pictures, since it's supposed to run on several pairs, along with a separate EA to close all trades the other EA opens. i don't think there's a way to run more than one EA on backtest... You surely make a good point in the video about the no stop loss strategy. But when you said 500 pips, that sounded like a problem. I was running an EA a couple months ago which I was paying a monthly fee for, which used a cost-averaging (anti-Martingale)
strategy. I had over $700 drawdown on a trade that was attempting to...

500 pips DD is in the most extreme of cases. 500
pips DD rarely happens and if it does, there is usually a turn around or pullback around that
number from the first EA order. As mentioned earlier, I experienced around 350 pips DD October 2018 during the CAD tariff and NAFTA drama.

GodRa May 6, 2019 5:23pm | Post# 230

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} If you’re using my 3 pairs with my settings, it is possible to do 5-10% a month. This has been tested but you need to be patient. The EA doesn’t trade every day which is a good thing. Profit ammount should NEVER be your concern. Draw down should be.
Did another backtest, unfortunately there seemed to be some severe drawdown?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 120 KB

c0ldsun May 6, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 231

Thx for sharing. :-)
What is the timeframe i should run GBPCAD 1k. set file? Is it 30min?
ok just read it.. it's 30 min

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 5:29pm | Post# 232

{quote} Did another backtest, unfortunately there seemed to be some severe drawdown? {image}
Yes! Already talked about. Highest DD in my 13 years testing was 60%. There is risk in using my strategy but it also shows a long history of potential profit. DD will also likely be lower because we’re pair hedging. This should help with future DD.

The DD was from March and October 2018. I was using the strategy then and DID NOT receive 50% DD like it shows in your test. My 3 pairs together hit a maximum of 35% DD.

Still, There is risk in ANY trading! That’s just something you need to except. Nothing is perfect

inamulrub May 6, 2019 8:26pm | Post# 233

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

What is this Alert?
Name:  Alert.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  41 KB

00PIP May 6, 2019 8:50pm | Post# 234

Hi, What is this Alert? {image}
It means you either need to load the set files, or edit the serial number setting in each of the EAs to "cubbybgood" (without the quote marks).

Cubbybgood May 6, 2019 8:56pm | Post# 235

{quote} It means you either need to load the set files, or edit the serial number setting in each of the EAs to "cubbybgood" (without the quote marks).

I would like to thank you guys for answering questions like this!

I’m starting to get pretty overwhelmed with emails and messages. I may be taking the contact page off my website before long. I’m getting upwards of 20-30 emails every day regarding my EA. I’m happy to help people but if it gets too much, I may have to
cut out responding to emails or at least people may need to wait a few days before hearing from me.

It’s possible I may refer everyone to this thread to minimize responding to the same questions over and
over in email.

xmess7 May 6, 2019 11:50pm | Post# 236

{quote} This is good to know! I’m taking classes to become a full stack coder starting in August of this year. I’m planing on having Mql4 be one of the languages I learn. I’m also planing on re-writing the entire EA code myself. I want to clean it up and make the EA a bit smarter. For example, detecting the balance for risk and lot size, taking out some of the unecissary options, and adding some filters to help the EA take even better trades. Doing this will be one of my projects for my portfolio. Any my recommendations for the best place to learn...
Cuppy, just say the word ... I gotz the functions... and if I don't I'll create it LOL..
PEACE

bojack34 May 7, 2019 12:22am | Post# 237

{quote} Yes! Already talked about. Highest DD in my 13 years testing was 60%. There is risk in using my strategy but it also shows a long history of potential profit. DD will also likely be lower because we’re pair hedging. This should help with future DD. The DD was from March and October 2018. I was using the strategy then and DID NOT receive 50% DD like it shows in your test. My 3 pairs together hit a maximum of 35% DD. Still, There is risk in ANY
trading! That’s just something you need to except. Nothing is perfect
have you kept track of all the DD %’s for every day that you have traded this ea? If so that is VERY valuable information. If you have this information you should try to categorize your DD %’s in groups of 5’s for example. How many times has your dd% been between 0-5%, how many times between 5.1-6%, how many times from 6.1-10%, etc. then you can see the strike rates and how often your dd% reaches each category. Then you will be able to give yourself a calculated hard stop % instead of allowing the ea to go down -35%. If you see that after 13 years the ea only reaches -10% 1 every 30 days, you could them make -10% your hard stop and accept your loss once per month on average and avoid the huge DD% and a lot of unwarranted stress. Very nice job with your ea. Also I highly rectory teaching out to xmess for help recoding your ea along the way. He is definitely one of the best coders on this site and a class act!

GodRa May 7, 2019 2:12am | Post# 238

1 Attachment(s)
AUDCAD backtest came back as a loser overall
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 116 KB

Tranqility May 7, 2019 3:22am | Post# 239

1 Attachment(s)
AUDCAD backtest came back as a loser overall {image}
Check your spread. This is with 5pip spread
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 7.14.57 PM.png
Size: 123 KB

6y588 May 7, 2019 3:35am | Post# 240

{quote} This is good to know! I’m taking classes to become a full stack coder starting in August of this year. I’m planing on having Mql4 be one of the languages I learn. I’m also planing on re-writing the entire EA code myself. I want to clean it up and make the EA a bit smarter. For example, detecting the balance for risk and lot size, taking out some of the unecissary options, and adding some filters to help the EA take even better trades. Doing this will be one of my projects for my portfolio. Any my recommendations for the best place to learn...
Hi Cubbybgood,

First, thanks for the EA!

Second, I'm skeptical of any blackbox that promises riches. Hence, I appreciate your transparency on how your EA works and all its shortcomings.

Third, having written many EAs myself, I would like to suggest that you edit one of MT4 indicators to see how it is written. That's basically how I learned, although I did have some coding experience prior which helped.

Finally, I'm following this thread as it is of interest to me.

© Forex Factory