Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

kofix11 Oct 8, 2019 3:15pm | Post# 1141

{quote} Hi Cubbybgood i'm using Xm and i can say that the V6 works better, the v7 takes more trades on the same day sometimes but they are micro trading of 0.01 profit each, and the losses are bigger like 0.19 cents. the martingale stills don't work in the v6 and the v7, i didn't change anything in the settings and I've tried in many different time frame.
That's what I meant. Thanks!
Edit: It seems to be not tested...

wpacino Oct 9, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 1142

Hi Guys,

The V6 is really doing a great job in the demo account.

just modify the take profit and the stop loss to 0 both of them and it will boost the result, leave all the rest as they are.

Please, please, can somebody tell me why Martingale why it doesn't work ? can sombody fix it ? it will give great result i'm sure.

regards

Inescapable Oct 9, 2019 9:19pm | Post# 1143

{quote} I use H1 charts.
Thanks for all your feedback Yohec. Have you placed the EA on one 1 hour chart only or on all 28 currency pair charts? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

yohec Oct 9, 2019 11:44pm | Post# 1144

{quote} Thanks for all your feedback Yohec. Have you placed the EA on one 1 hour chart only or on all 28 currency pair charts? Thanks in advance. Cheers.
I have 28 charts, one for each currency pair. All are H1. Each chart has the EA.

Inescapable Oct 10, 2019 12:10am | Post# 1145

{quote} I have 28 charts, one for each currency pair. All are H1. Each chart has the EA.
Thanks Yohec. Appreciate it

Cariad1256 Oct 10, 2019 11:36am | Post# 1146

Hi, I love EA's and I've loaded this one on a demo on XM, I'll let you know how it goes.
I imagine it goes on a GBPCAD chart at M30 but I'm interested to know why the only trading times are 00:15 to 09:00
Thanks, Phil

yohec Oct 12, 2019 8:47am | Post# 1147

1 Attachment(s)
My updated results using the method I describe starting in Post #1111.

Name:  CubbyRes.JPG
Views: 1382
Size:  18 KB

I'm holding 10 open positions over the weekend, currently at -5.7% drawdown. This is already included in the -4% result shown for week 9. I normally don't like to hold positions open over the weekend but they opened on Friday morning and I did not want to book the loss. I will give them time to recover.

wpacino Oct 12, 2019 9:03am | Post# 1148

My updated results using the method I describe starting in Post #1111. {image} I'm holding 10 open positions over the weekend, currently at -5.7% drawdown. This is already included in the -4% result shown for week 9. I normally don't like to hold positions open over the weekend but they opened on Friday morning and I did not want to book the loss. I will give them time to recover.
Hi Yohec,

thanks for your result and your help , does Martingale works for you? because in my case it doesn't work at all

which Brocker are you using ?

best regards

yohec Oct 12, 2019 9:52am | Post# 1149

{quote} Hi Yohec, thanks for your result and your help , does Martingale works for you? because in my case it doesn't work at all which Brocker are you using ? best regards
No, I do not use Martingale on this or any other system.

My broker is Oanda.

lukeyninja Oct 12, 2019 10:01pm | Post# 1150

@ yohec,
I have been running V6 on a live acc for 2 weeks now using the same setup as you, and trading basically the same way.
Week 1: +2.2% ,
Using the Major, Minor and Crosses pairs.
after doing some research through the week last week, i decided that as this EA is designed to better operate on pairs that are ranging, it may be more profitable if i only used it on pairs that are more consistent ranging pairs (historical) So for week 2 i used mostly the Minors and Crosses, I dropped anything that has the USD and also dropped GBP Pairs because of the Turmoil that Brexit is causing.

Week 2: 2.7%,
I am only carrying one trade over the weekend (CAD-JPY -1.4%) at this stage, Like yourself i would prefer not to carry a trade over the weekend but chose to let this one play out.

I have a Equity Guardian EA running that will Close out all positions if my account reaches 20% drawdown ( Back-testing over numerous Pairs over a 3 year period saw average DD at around 15%) I relies that this is only on a single pair at a time and back-testing is flawed, but it gave me some idea as to where to place a Black Swan SL that fits into my Trading Plan.
but i also have a mental SL of .05% that i use manually when i am in front of the screen and this is working out well thus far.

The positive side of my DD is that even as it was building through the Friday trading session, The EA was still taking Profitable trades.
I like this EA and will be evaluating its performance as i go.
I will setup a chart similar to yours and post it each weekend.
Enjoy your weekend

yohec Oct 13, 2019 8:58am | Post# 1151

@ yohec, I have been running V6 on a live acc for 2 weeks now using the same setup as you, and trading basically the same way.
Very nice results, well done.

I am also holding a losing CAD/JPY. But in addition, I have 5 losing GBP positions and 2 losing USD positions. I was really hit badly on Friday morning. I'll wait for some recovery and look for opportunities to exit these positions.

This is the advantage of using only 50:1 leverage. Even with all of these losers, my total drawdown is only -5.7%.

wpacino Oct 13, 2019 12:19pm | Post# 1152

{quote} Very nice results, well done. I am also holding a losing CAD/JPY. But in addition, I have 5 losing GBP positions and 2 losing USD positions. I was really hit badly on Friday morning. I'll wait for some recovery and look for opportunities to exit these positions. This is the advantage of using only 50:1 leverage. Even with all of these losers, my total drawdown is only -5.7%.
Closing manually trades is not really a good idea. But let it run and activate the martingale to recover losses. Unfortunately martingale does not work at all I don't know why. Developers should fix that

Go5 Oct 13, 2019 1:30pm | Post# 1153

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Very nice results, well done. I am also holding a losing CAD/JPY. But in addition, I have 5 losing GBP positions and 2 losing USD positions. I was really hit badly on Friday morning. I'll wait for some recovery and look for opportunities to exit these positions. This is the advantage of using only 50:1 leverage. Even with all of these losers, my total drawdown is only -5.7%.
I have been running a similar setup this week, but without the CHF pairs - added two SGD pairs and gold instead.
Result : + 5% booked, 3.3% floating DD. Maximum floating DD was 6.6%.
Strangely, I had 4 GBP positions opened and closed in profit on Friday.

Click to Enlarge

Name: rmi-multi.png
Size: 140 KB

yohec Oct 18, 2019 2:31pm | Post# 1154

2 Attachment(s)
I am finished trading for the week. All positions are closed. Here are the updated results.

Views: 1037
Size:  28 KB Name:  CubbyChart.JPG
Views: 1042
Size:  25 KB

Dogalot7 Oct 18, 2019 4:33pm | Post# 1155

btw - I've gotten code from a friend to add the money management. I'll work on it tonight and this weekend. Hope it goes well -- I'll post once I've finished...

Dogalot7 Oct 21, 2019 9:54am | Post# 1156

btw - I've gotten code from a friend to add the money management. I'll work on it tonight and this weekend. Hope it goes well -- I'll post once I've finished...
I apologize, but they ran into trouble with the current 'FixLots" -- they are looking into it...

lukeyninja Oct 21, 2019 5:09pm | Post# 1157

Week Ending , P/L % Forex pairs / Instruments . Current DD

04-10-2019, + 2.2%, Majors, Minors and crosses, 0%

11-10-2019, + 2.7%, Minors and crosses, Exc: USD and GBP Pairs, -1.4%

17-10-19, +4.1%, Minors and crosses, Exc: USD and GBP Pairs, -6.4%

Not a bad week but still carrying a few CADJPY trades that are causing the DD
Still staying away from USD and GBP pairs for the time being

yohec Oct 25, 2019 8:52am | Post# 1158

2 Attachment(s)
All positions closed, I am finished trading for the week. Last week I stopped trading GBP pairs so I am only trading 21 pairs now.

This week closed with a modest profit of 0.8%.

Views: 645
Size:  26 KB

Name:  CubbyChart.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  25 KB

Cubbybgood Oct 25, 2019 9:03am | Post# 1159

All positions closed, I am finished trading for the week. Last week I stopped trading GBP pairs so I am only trading 21 pairs now. This week closed with a modest profit of 0.8%. {image} {image}
So you are trading on 21 pairs. Are you trading with a SL using my RMI EA or with a % loss cuttoff?

yohec Oct 25, 2019 9:26am | Post# 1160

{quote} So you are trading on 21 pairs. Are you trading with a SL using my RMI EA or with a % loss cuttoff?
I do not use a SL. Any position that is closed for a loss is done manually.

I use a TP of 10 pips for each pair. I do not use TP for the total basket of open positions.

I do not use the grid function of the EA. I will occasionally open additional positions on a pair but I do so manually and when the pair is down -100 pips or more and I believe that a reversal is likely. I have only done this 3 or 4 times and managed to salvage a break even or small loss from a potential big loss.

© Forex Factory