Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

marcusleewc Sep 8, 2019 9:30am | Post# 1061

Actually if you start seeing SL (-100 pips), and immediately cut loss for that particular currency pair to let it start over again. It should be better.

Dogalot7 Sep 8, 2019 7:10pm | Post# 1062

well had a bit of a frustrating beginning of the trading week (Sunday night at 5 pm for me - Eastern Standard USA)... because I have OANDA -- and they've instituted a new FIFO rule of trade size vs TS/TP/SL -- and the EA had several attempts at adding/modifying trades -- the account was locked and I couldn't make any adjustments until I contacted a wonderful inside OANDA trade desk person...

So until I can get more money in the account (YES a real cash account) -- or open another in a different broker -- not trading this one --- not that there is ANYTHING wrong with it -- just the account size I have is not appropriate for it to be used for OANDA...

BTW -- one trade was a positive 1499 pips and the other 3165 --- YES I know I didn't have the "get out at 50" portion setup...

I do still plan on attempting to add the % money management to the code -- just hadn't had the opportunity to -- and I will add it to the portion of the forum for assistance, and copy a link here when I get the opportunity...

Afrodeenn Sep 9, 2019 5:36am | Post# 1063

Anyone please share set file

artico01 Sep 9, 2019 7:59am | Post# 1064

Set file is by default in EA

cyberom Sep 9, 2019 2:39pm | Post# 1065

1 Attachment(s)
For the newsfilter, we can use IceFX.NewsInfo.ex4 as indicator, it is a classic

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 60 KB

Dogalot7 Sep 10, 2019 7:04pm | Post# 1066

{quote} Set file is by default in EA
Well - personally - I didn't use the default. I didn't like the idea of 100 trades being able to be put on for one currency. But to each their own...

itsDavid Sep 10, 2019 8:28pm | Post# 1067

1 Attachment(s)
These are the ones I'm using.
Setfiles.rar

itsDavid Sep 10, 2019 8:29pm | Post# 1068

{quote} Well - personally - I didn't use the default. I didn't like the idea of 100 trades being able to be put on for one currency. But to each their own...
100% agreed. I have mine set to allow 5 max per currency.

Afrodeenn Sep 11, 2019 12:24am | Post# 1069

{quote} These are the ones I'm using. {file}
Tf and pair please

itsDavid Sep 11, 2019 6:11am | Post# 1070

{quote} Tf and pair please
The set files have the names of the currencies they relate to.

itsDavid Sep 11, 2019 7:26am | Post# 1071

The 50 pips number is clearly arbitrary, when we have the next iteration of the EA (money management and news filter), I think we need to start properly working on finding the perfect 'spot' for taking profit. The same goes for the number of open trades per currency. 100 is clearly excessive, but 5 (as I have set it to), is also arbitrary and probably in need of tweaking. Though likely less so than the take profit pips level.

smecas Sep 11, 2019 9:52am | Post# 1072

For the newsfilter, we can use IceFX.NewsInfo.ex4 as indicator, it is a classic {image}
its possible to user this with another EA?

marcusleewc Sep 11, 2019 12:49pm | Post# 1073

I tested this EA with 20++ currency pairs simultaneously in 1 demo account.

It is making profit at most of time, however losses started to incur when strong trend coming. I made 55% in first 2 weeks, and lost all in following 2 weeks when strong trend coming. The losses just kept coming until it ate up all profits.

What I notice is, if we start incurring losses (or SL) or some large drawdown e.g. 10% - 15%, it would be best to close all existing trades and start over again.

In this way, it seems like all new trades are starting to see profits again.

I guess this is the safe way to use this EA. Just my 2 cents.

See my signal. https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/620185

cyberom Sep 11, 2019 3:59pm | Post# 1074

{quote} its possible to user this with another EA?
It works with all eas and Disable all Expert Advisors before news

varseb Sep 12, 2019 4:51am | Post# 1075

1 Attachment(s)
[quote = marcusleewc; 12496904] J'ai testé cette évaluation environnementale avec 20 paires de devises simultanément dans un compte de démonstration. La plupart du temps, elle fait des bénéfices, mais des pertes ont commencé à se produire lorsque la tendance est à la hausse. Je gagnais 55% dans les deux premières semaines et tout perdu dans les deux semaines qui suivirent une forte tendance. Les pertes ont continué à venir jusqu'à ce que tous les profits soient consommés. Ce que je remarque, c’est que si nous commençons à subir des pertes (ou des SL) ou un important tirage, par exemple 10% à 15%, il serait préférable de fermer toutes les transactions existantes et de recommencer à zéro. De cette façon, il semble que tous les nouveaux métiers commencent à voir des bénéfices. Je suppose que c’est le moyen sûr d’utiliser cette évaluation environnementale. Juste mes 2 cents. Voir mon signal. https://www.mql5.com/fr/signals/620185 [/ quote]

For me i use it only 3 pairs (30 mn TF) and 2 pairs (1hr TF)
Look the résults sunce 13 aout
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190912-101812_MetaTrader 4.jpg
Size: 224 KB

itsDavid Sep 12, 2019 6:41am | Post# 1076

I tested this EA with 20++ currency pairs simultaneously in 1 demo account. It is making profit at most of time, however losses started to incur when strong trend coming. I made 55% in first 2 weeks, and lost all in following 2 weeks when strong trend coming. The losses just kept coming until it ate up all profits. What I notice is, if we start incurring losses (or SL) or some large drawdown e.g. 10% - 15%, it would be best to close all existing trades and start over again. In this way, it seems like all new trades are starting to see profits again....
Why are you trying to run this EA on so many pairs? At the very least it will need extensive tweaking on each individual pairs. As of right now it's only known to be profitable long term on the three pairs it was designed for.

marcusleewc Sep 12, 2019 8:45am | Post# 1077

There is no absolute right or wrong using my approach. I am just presenting my idea.

timidave Sep 12, 2019 8:58am | Post# 1078

I tested this EA with 20++ currency pairs simultaneously in 1 demo account. It is making profit at most of time, however losses started to incur when strong trend coming. I made 55% in first 2 weeks, and lost all in following 2 weeks when strong trend coming. The losses just kept coming until it ate up all profits. What I notice is, if we start incurring losses (or SL) or some large drawdown e.g. 10% - 15%, it would be best to close all existing trades and start over again. In this way, it seems like all new trades are starting to see profits again....
Or better still trade only in the direction of the daily trend, because a time may come when your emotions may set in and tell you, the trend may soon turn around, hold on for a while, then you have your profits wiped off. Or a time may come when you're not at your desk, and a strong trend eats up your profits. But if you always takes trade in the direction of the daily trend, you can set the EA and forget it! See what I mean here; https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post12278734

timidave Sep 12, 2019 9:02am | Post# 1079

[quote = marcusleewc; 12496904] J'ai testé cette évaluation environnementale avec 20 paires de devises simultanément dans un compte de démonstration. La plupart du temps, elle fait des bénéfices, mais des pertes ont commencé à se produire lorsque la tendance est à la hausse. Je gagnais 55% dans les deux premières semaines et tout perdu dans les deux semaines qui suivirent une forte tendance. Les pertes ont continué à venir jusqu'à ce que tous les profits soient consommés. Ce que je remarque, c’est que si nous commençons à subir des pertes (ou des...
You may not like to hear this, but the trend will soon wipe off your profits!

varseb Sep 12, 2019 9:52am | Post# 1080

[quote = timidave; 12498838] {quote} Vous n'aimerez peut-être pas cela, mais la tendance effacera bientôt vos profits! [/quote]

i will see, possible it's demo accunt...

© Forex Factory