Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

artico01 Aug 6, 2019 7:07am | Post# 961

Hi,
A question: with the new version of EA, do you have to continue using EA Close All?
Thanks

Cubbybgood Aug 6, 2019 7:16am | Post# 962

Hi, A question: with the new version of EA, do you have to continue using EA Close All? Thanks
You can if you want when using 2 or more of my recommended pairs. It's not required though. Each pair can run on it's own with V6

Cubbybgood Aug 6, 2019 7:19am | Post# 963

Could people post results, trades taken etc? I would be interested in seeing how they compare to what the EA is doing for me. I've only had buys on AUDCAD since starting it running on July 30th. No sells, no other buys etc. In addition I got the wrong serial number warning again with the new version (the latest one posted). I haven't seen that since first setting up again, and there has been another AUDCAD buy since then so presumably it's not an issue, but I'm still not 100% sure it's all working as it should. Oddly, when I try backtesting, it...

go to this post. The serial issue was corrected...I just checked it.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12423079

itsDavid Aug 6, 2019 8:14am | Post# 964

{quote} go to this post. The serial issue was corrected...I just checked it. https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12423079
The serial number warning happened again once on that later version, I had already deleted the previous 'new' copy. I'll see if I can recreate it now.

ADDED: I just restarted it all with no serial number warning, so probably just a glitch. In any case I don't think it had any effect.

Thtashtonkid Aug 6, 2019 9:10am | Post# 965

Has anyone ran this EA on a live account yet? Just curious to know how it does on a live account compared to a demo

Dogalot7 Aug 6, 2019 9:19am | Post# 966

Has anyone ran this EA on a live account yet? Just curious to know how it does on a live account compared to a demo
I've been using V5 in a small account for a couple of months, but due to the account size, doesn't get to utilize the complete strategy (insufficient funds for added trades - the martingale portion). It has done ok until last week when one pair continued in one direction without any pullback to get out.

Cubbybgood Aug 6, 2019 9:33am | Post# 967

{quote} I've been using V5 in a small account for a couple of months, but due to the account size, doesn't get to utilize the complete strategy (insufficient funds for added trades - the martingale portion). It has done ok until last week when one pair continued in one direction without any pullback to get out.

V5 and V6 will have losses but over the longer-run, it should plug along at profit. This EA is not a get rich quick. It's more for those wanting a longer-term investment/trading strategy.

Dogalot7 Aug 6, 2019 10:09am | Post# 968

{quote} V5 and V6 will have losses but over the longer-run, it should plug along at profit. This EA is not a get rich quick. It's more for those wanting a longer-term investment/trading strategy.
I know - wasn't expecting quick $'s ... and wasn't surprised by the drawdown either. Just pointing out my live observation.

I greatly appreciate your help and allowing us to participate!!!!!!

itsDavid Aug 6, 2019 2:44pm | Post# 969

2 Attachment(s)
Just be sure I have it all set up and working as it should. Should there have been any trades on either of these charts? In both cases the EA has been setup with a 'smiley' face since they were opened on July 30th.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA1.jpg
Size: 1.1 MB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA2.jpg
Size: 1.1 MB

Tiivaa Aug 6, 2019 2:50pm | Post# 970

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Cubbybgood
Thanks for the new version.
I started V6 today morning and so far the only problem in running is that even with the martingale1 set to true the lot size doesn't change in next trades.
thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: GC M30.PNG
Size: 7 KB
Name:  GC M30S ETTING.PNG
Views: 1361
Size:  11 KB

Dogalot7 Aug 6, 2019 3:41pm | Post# 971

2 Attachment(s)
Just be sure I have it all set up and working as it should. Should there have been any trades on either of these charts? In both cases the EA has been setup with a 'smiley' face since they were opened on July 30th. {image} {image}
Looking at the charts - looks to me like there should have been a couple... Not sure about the lower chart - the couple I marked that looked to be longs - I'm not sure if once the trade triggers it will look for the inside bar for a later trade...
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA1.jpg
Size: 430 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA2.jpg
Size: 436 KB

itsDavid Aug 6, 2019 3:50pm | Post# 972

{quote} Looking at the charts - looks to me like there should have been a couple... Not sure about the lower chart - the couple I marked that looked to be longs - I'm not sure if once the trade triggers it will look for the inside bar for a later trade... {image} {image}
That's what I thought. Also, the post above mine shows trades on the GBPCAD chart form today. Not sure what's going on.

manfredg Aug 6, 2019 7:01pm | Post# 973

It might be that the trade filter has filtered out the marked trades. GBPCAD does at times have extreme; greater than 15 pips, spread. It does on my broker's platform. I've been running V3 for sometime, but diversified the portfolio by trading ASX200 and Dax as well. Still doesn't alleviate the problem of a currency trending though.

itsDavid Aug 6, 2019 7:19pm | Post# 974

1 Attachment(s)
It might be that the trade filter has filtered out the marked trades. GBPCAD does at times have extreme; greater than 15 pips, spread. It does on my broker's platform. I've been running V3 for sometime, but diversified the portfolio by trading ASX200 and Dax as well. Still doesn't alleviate the problem of a currency trending though.
Great point. I'll add a bar clock indi to the charts that shows the current spread and see if that's the issue. I need to have a proper look at which brokers offer the best spreads for these pairs as well.

ADDED: Bar Clock indi in case anyone else wants to check for a similar issue. My GBPCAD spread is currently 12 pips. Not great.
ADDED: That explains why the EA won't trade when I run a backtest as well. It's using current spread and the broker I'm using to demo it has horrible spreads on the relevant pairs. I'll restart with a better broker tomorrow.
BarClock.ex4

Cubbybgood Aug 7, 2019 6:43am | Post# 975

Just be sure I have it all set up and working as it should. Should there have been any trades on either of these charts? In both cases the EA has been setup with a 'smiley' face since they were opened on July 30th. {image} {image}
Yes, I think you should have had trades here. At least checking at first glance on the GBPCAD...

Cubbybgood Aug 7, 2019 6:44am | Post# 976

{quote} Great point. I'll add a bar clock indi to the charts that shows the current spread and see if that's the issue. I need to have a proper look at which brokers offer the best spreads for these pairs as well. ADDED: Bar Clock indi in case anyone else wants to check for a similar issue. My GBPCAD spread is currently 12 pips. Not great. ADDED: That explains why the EA won't trade when I run a backtest as well. It's using current spread and the broker I'm using to demo it has horrible spreads on the relevant pairs. I'll restart with a better broker...
Yeah, the filter is there for a reason. We don't want to take anything over 10 pips. Just too high to make the trade worth it.

itsDavid Aug 7, 2019 6:54am | Post# 977

{quote} Yeah, the filter is there for a reason. We don't want to take anything over 10 pips. Just too high to make the trade worth it.
Yeah, I knew there was something wrong. It turns out that the test broker (InstaForex) is always at 12 pips. Any recommendations of brokers that work well with these pairs?

artico01 Aug 7, 2019 8:31am | Post# 978

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Results till today.

Thanks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: trades-till-today.png
Size: 152 KB

itsDavid Aug 7, 2019 8:48am | Post# 979

OK. I've restarted the test on Pepperstone. 1000 account, 1:100 leverage. Spreads around 2.5 - 3. Let's see how it goes this time around

RochaTheRock Aug 7, 2019 12:11pm | Post# 980

Hi, Results till today. Thanks. {image}

Hi artico01,

Can you share the settings? or it's in default? The lots are different I see.

Thanks in advance

© Forex Factory