Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

forexn00b81 May 16, 2019 11:08am | Post# 461

Hello there ole boy!

So as it happens to be, GCAD is a strong performer on my Turkish friend's swing system (xau strongest, then all gbp pairs gj being top return gbp pair) , looking back at a h4 chart will show why, the retracements are powerful, its cool that many systems have discovered this, just proves the point further..

20% dd and so much crying... I hit 10,500 dd (60%) on a botched audnzd trade a few weeks back on the nzd news candle, i got in farrrr to early testing tma channel and i was buried for weeks finally got out with a 8500 loss, a few days later it would have returned a healthy profit, I could have closed at 20k balance instead of 7k! Has taken 2x as long to get back to HALF the balance I WOULD have had... And the dd never got worse, only improved from that point.. We learn.. Especially mm

GBP pairs are known for their many many retracements often near 100%, even with my HORRIBLE entry on audnzd and later on usdjpy, being patient for a retracement paid off, this is swing trading without a stop, it has dd, also has big returns, the op told us it would do this, he is an honest and giving guy, no need to lie, hes putting his real money out there, this is a rare thing on ff... Years of history with never a blown acct, just hang on, there may be other dd worse than this one in the future..

It's def an uncertain market, scary times, but looking back at history on the charts this stuff happens all the time, its what causes volatility and allows trading to be profitable, also dangerous...

mankindeg May 16, 2019 12:08pm | Post# 462

Hello there ole boy! So as it happens to be, GCAD is a strong performer on my Turkish friend's swing system (xau strongest, then all gbp pairs gj being top return gbp pair) , looking back at a h4 chart will show why, the retracements are powerful, its cool that many systems have discovered this, just proves the point further.. 20% dd and so much crying... I hit 10,500 dd on a botched audnzd trade a few weeks back on the nzd news candle, i got in farrrr to early testing tma channel and i was buried for weeks finally got out with a 8500 loss, a few...

Patience is a virtue. Keep in mind, that in the test cubby shared in the FIRST post, a few of the trades were kept as long as 23 days. There is zero reason to flip out over a 2-day-long trade. Some people are really impatient.
Also Cubby has said himself that you can also use a Stoploss, if you feel like it. No one is forcing you to trade like this, cubby just said, that he prefers to do it this way.

dbdan May 16, 2019 12:21pm | Post# 463

Ryan. Does the EA account for swaps?

If trades are kept long, you would be paying a lot in swaps.

FXsniper111 May 16, 2019 12:52pm | Post# 464

Ryan. Does the EA account for swaps? If trades are kept long, you would be paying a lot in swaps.
Your trading microes...Who cares..You dont make a EA only do trades that are swap positive if 23 days are longest holding days its not a issue..Not for me atleast.

EDIT:Only issue with 23 days holding is that there is no close in 23 days so will be a very slow month,but market is market as long as dont blow up ore loose any money all is good...There will be slow months now and then..

dbdan May 16, 2019 1:02pm | Post# 465

{quote} Your trading microes...Who cares..You dont make a EA only do trades that are swap positive if 23 days are longest holding days its not a issue..Not for me atleast. EDIT:Only issue with 23 days holding is that there is no close in 23 days so will be a very slow month,but market is market as long as dont blow up ore loose any money all is good...There will be slow months now and then..
Not what I was getting at but understand. If the close all EA closes the entire basket at 50pips does it account for swaps that's my question. I mean theoretically you could be in a situation where the close all EA closes everything at 50pips but swaps make the entire basket a loss. It's rare but I was just thinking of that.

mankindeg May 16, 2019 1:12pm | Post# 466

{quote} Not what I was getting at but understand. If the close all EA closes the entire basket at 50pips does it account for swaps that's my question. I mean theoretically you could be in a situation where the close all EA closes everything at 50pips but swaps make the entire basket a loss. It's rare but I was just thinking of that.

Valid concern. If you want to change it up, you can also use the option in the Close all EA to close by profit in $. (And have to calculate yourself what would equal around 50 pips depending on your traded lot size)

forexn00b81 May 16, 2019 1:12pm | Post# 467

Given this line of thinking assuming there is a possibility for swaps taking away from profit, you have to also assume there will be cases that it adds to it as well..

fx4money May 16, 2019 1:14pm | Post# 468

downloaded, may test it next month

FXsniper111 May 16, 2019 1:16pm | Post# 469

{quote} Valid concern. If you want to change it up, you can also use the option in the Close all EA to close by profit in $. (And have to calculate yourself what would equal around 50 pips depending on your traded lot size)
Trading 0.01 and 0.02 can set it at 8-10 dollars would be fine...Sorry i misunderstood your question..

trickshady May 16, 2019 1:52pm | Post# 470

Upon seeing how the system performs in a trending environment, i see lots of problems.

First, taking so many trades in the wrong direction based on grid. This is just tragic by default. Ideally remove it, period. If not, then significantly increase the grid. Maybe 40-100 pips grid for gbpcad.

Second, the system recognizes an overbought/sold market beyond the 70/30 RMI lines. Better set these to 85/15 or 90/10.

Third, it looks like the system immediately buys/sells the first inside candle it sees after the RMI conditions are met. This is a losing strategy by default. You MUST set some candle restrictions like candle length before the inside bar, inside bar length.

Forth, the 3 pairs suggested are correlated. This is a range system and correlation is very bad for it. I suggest use the least correlated pairs like audnzd, eurgbp, gbpcad, eurnzd, usdjpy, audchf.

What kills this system? - a black swan event
If it already experienced about 35-45% dd in october with normal price action, imagine what will happen in a crisis situation.

This system is unprofitable. It is based on the luck of never having a black swan event. The only way to profit from it is if you have unlimited amount of money and can withstand dd if you sell at the absolute bottom of a monthly chart and still have margin at the absolute top. Then one day (it may take years), you will get out with your 50 pips of profit.

Oh, and add a god damn stop loss, please!

mrdfx May 16, 2019 2:23pm | Post# 471

@Cubbybgood does this EA utilize any other kind of profit taking strategy besides the close all EA at 50 pips? I mean does it have any other kind of cost averaging?

I ask cos if the EA only waits for 50 pips profit and with the account currently in more than -1600 pips DD we could be waiting a long time to close back to profit. If the EA did a kind of cost averaging so the oldest positions would be averaged out into profit this could help a lot in closing out positions and reducing DD quicker.

This approach works well in grid based strategies and could work here too.

leppozdrav May 16, 2019 3:20pm | Post# 472

2 Attachment(s)
I did play around a bit with the settings. No need to reinvent the wheel here. I agree that system could be approved, but a lot can be achieved with tweaking some settings around. The system now recognises an overbought/sold market beyond the 70/30 RMI lines. I set those to 90/10 levels and saved myself tons of trouble already. There is also a stop loss of 25 pips in place for each trade, which is a 1:2 risk reward scenario. Grid still serves it's purpose and I would only adjust it, based on which pair we are trading. Above 20 for volatile pairs and 20 for less volatile pairs. I have intentionally backtest it with only 100$ and 0,01 lots and it did survive. Not only it did survive, but for those who are "panicking" trading without stop loss, you can now have a well deserved shut eye at night, knowing your trades are secured. With trailing on, is even smoother. It achieved roughly 30% of profit per year and dd was kept at 22% in more than 2 years.

Potential secure solutions are also news filter option or trading days option, meaning avoiding trading on Wednesdays and Thursdays, when statistically most of the news are happening. But all these also reduces profits. You can't have both

So, is it a money machine, No! Can it bring slow and steady profits? Yes!
"Can I set it up and forget about it?".... well if that is somebody's approach, then I wish them, good luck.

Click to Enlarge

Name: test.png
Size: 60 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: test2.png
Size: 10 KB

FXsniper111 May 16, 2019 3:39pm | Post# 473

I did play around a bit with the settings. No need to reinvent the wheel here. I agree that system could be approved, but a lot can be achieved with tweaking some settings around. The system now recognises an overbought/sold market beyond the 70/30 RMI lines. I set those to 90/10 levels and saved myself tons of trouble already. There is also a stop loss of 25 pips in place for each trade, which is a 1:2 risk reward scenario. Grid still serves it's purpose and I would only adjust it, based on which pair we are trading. Above 20 for volatile pairs...
So trading baskets with multiple pairs would need a basket stoploss ore % cutoff to not get cought in trades lasting for Days/weeks yes even months.I just wonder at what % ore number off pips to set it to get most profits vrs loss with 50 pips basket TP.To bad you cant run multiple pairs on strategie tester even i dont think backtests are very good for seeing how much profits it can make its good for seeing how many stoploss hits vrs TP hits and can adjust accordingly for that.

EDIT:Because the RMI/Insidebar trades are pretty good when adjusted to 80-90710-20 some where so mayby even with a 1:1 R:R would profit i dont really know.with my 7 pairs non GBP i have closed 6 baskets this week with under 1.5% DD thats 300 pips

eel May 16, 2019 4:16pm | Post# 474

I did play around a bit with the settings. No need to reinvent the wheel here. I agree that system could be approved, but a lot can be achieved with tweaking some settings around. The system now recognises an overbought/sold market beyond the 70/30 RMI lines. I set those to 90/10 levels and saved myself tons of trouble already. There is also a stop loss of 25 pips in place for each trade, which is a 1:2 risk reward scenario. Grid still serves it's purpose and I would only adjust it, based on which pair we are trading. Above 20 for volatile pairs...
If you set RMI to 90/10 then you make sure to catch every strong trend... - and the trend is absolutely not your friend if you trade this system. It is fine for ranging markets but poisen for (strong) trending markets in the related timeframes...

leppozdrav May 16, 2019 4:32pm | Post# 475

{quote} So trading baskets with multiple pairs would need a basket stoploss ore % cutoff to not get cought in trades lasting for Days/weeks yes even months.I just wonder at what % ore number off pips to set it to get most profits vrs loss with 50 pips basket TP.To bad you cant run multiple pairs on strategie teste

Yes, I think it's necessary, to have a percent stop loss for a basket of trades. Depends on how much you want to lose.
You could brake it down, running one basket on a broker with safe settings, on another with medium settings and a third one with higher risk settings.
Unfortunately, no such thing as multi pair tester in MT4, but maybe this merging site can help you: Here.

{quote} If you set RMI to 90/10 then you make sure to catch every strong trend... - and the trend is absolutely not your friend if you trade this system.

You must be joking right? If it would be so easy to "catch a trend", I wouldn't be hanging on this forum now. But I know, what you tried to say. Trend is not a friend of the strategy, this is why I am suggesting running a basket of pairs. The more the better.

eel May 16, 2019 4:45pm | Post# 476

You better start to learn to understand indicators and trends in general before you send that nonsens to the world...

leppozdrav May 16, 2019 4:52pm | Post# 477

{quote} If you set RMI to 90/10 then you make sure to catch every strong trend.
The most senseless statement of them all. Here is a link for you.

eel May 16, 2019 4:55pm | Post# 478

{quote} The most senseless statement of them all. Here is a link for you.
The link shows the level of your expertise... - EMPTY!

leppozdrav May 16, 2019 4:57pm | Post# 479

{quote} The link shows the level of your expertise... - EMPTY!

You mean EMPTY like your Bank account ?

eel May 16, 2019 5:07pm | Post# 480

{quote} You mean EMPTY like your Bank account ?
Sorry for the missunderstanding..., I ment like your head of course...

© Forex Factory