Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

Senan7 May 14, 2019 3:35am | Post# 381

1 Attachment(s)
Hey,
On this second position buy ending 4407, I do not see an inside bar. So way would it open the order?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GC.png
Size: 117 KB

Lopuch May 14, 2019 4:48am | Post# 382

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Cubbybgood
maybe is something wrong with EA Close All. See pictures. After RMI open position, CloseAll closed this immediately with loss (and convinces me that it is a profit).
Anyway - good work.
Click to Enlarge

Name: RMI Err_cr.png
Size: 19 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: RMI Err_2_cr.png
Size: 324 KB

sheppy May 14, 2019 7:34am | Post# 383

Hey, On this second position buy ending 4407, I do not see an inside bar. So way would it open the order? {image}
Read the details or watch the videos))

takeabyte May 14, 2019 8:01am | Post# 384

I have deployed your system last Wednesday, and it'w working GREAT! Thanks for the hard work on the EA. However, you did not mention in the video on what time frames, the charts should be set to. I saw the GBP/CAD was on a 30 min chart, and the other charts were set to 1 hour. What should the correct time frame be on all of the charts? Again, thanks for this GREAT EA.

turtlefan May 14, 2019 8:17am | Post# 385

GBP/CAD - 30 min
AUD/CAD - 1 hr
NZD/CAD - 1 hr

Actually, this is clearly covered in the installation and strategy videos. I would suggest you watch them again, as you may have missed other important things.

I have deployed your system last Wednesday, and it'w working GREAT! Thanks for the hard work on the EA. However, you did not mention in the video on what time frames, the charts should be set to. I saw the GBP/CAD was on a 30 min chart, and the other charts were set to 1 hour. What should the correct time frame be on all of the charts? Again, thanks for this GREAT EA.

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 8:45am | Post# 386

Hey, On this second position buy ending 4407, I do not see an inside bar. So way would it open the order? {image}
Because second possision is a grid opens every 20 pips when price continues against you....yes read up before asking stupid questions.

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 8:48am | Post# 387

Hi Cubbybgood maybe is something wrong with EA Close All. See pictures. After RMI open position, CloseAll closed this immediately with loss (and convinces me that it is a profit). Anyway - good work. {image} {image}
Theres nothing wrong with the EA when all people here use it without problems,but can be your broker,but i am pretty sure you havent used setfiles that cubby made for you to use on the close all EA.If you use the setfilee i am sure it will be fine.

jshear May 14, 2019 9:30am | Post# 388

Hi everyone I am testing on a 100K demo account at AXI. What settings do I use as the preset is for 1K account?

Thanks

Jeff

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 9:35am | Post# 389

Hi everyone I am testing on a 100K demo account at AXI. What settings do I use as the preset is for 1K account? Thanks Jeff
Everyting same just change lotsize from 0.01 and 0.02 to 1 and 2 standard lots,but to get axi funding you need no more DD than 10% ore someting Right???Mayby your not after funding i have never checked up what criterias for funding with AXI are.

Lopuch May 14, 2019 10:30am | Post# 390

{quote} Theres nothing wrong with the EA when all people here use it without problems,but can be your broker,but i am pretty sure you havent used setfiles that cubby made for you to use on the close all EA.If you use the setfilee i am sure it will be fine.
Yes, you are right, my setfiles is diferent in:
- Magic Number (i have 123 (same as another RMI EAs) - original is 0 - as far as I know zero num in magic is used for hand open position, therefore this in original setfile collide)
- Show Info To Chart (i have false - original is true)
So maybe i must search for err elsewhere.

mrdfx May 14, 2019 11:53am | Post# 391

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting to note what a difference having a different broker can have on this EA. I know that different price feeds can have different results but this EA seem to be very sensitive to different brokers.

This is my account after 2 weeks and looks completely different from the OP's account linked to the thread.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 12.51.51.png
Size: 334 KB

Wavegarrick May 14, 2019 12:05pm | Post# 392

Hi Guys,

I am amazed at the most basic questions asked and simple solutions offered, yet it is treated as though this is a real live, breathing, thinking Ea. An Ea is dumb and it will do exactly what we tell it to do, just that it will do it without monotonous, laborious babysitting. I am not surprised that Ryan does not answer most of the questions and more so asked and answered before. This is one of the most basic Ea's I have ever tested and there is no hidden magic to it. If your Ea opens a trade on a back test it will do exactly the same on a forward test, just that there are different spreads, gaps an so forth and so forth. So it will not open at the exact spot you expect it to on a forward test.

A question that comes up a lot is magic numbers. Your manual trades that you do are associated with the magic number zero = 0 and therefore Ryan has set his Ea to magic number 123 so that manual trades are not confused with with his Rmi Ea or any other Ea, thus ensure that you have no other Ea running with the magic number 123 because the trade management Ea will manage them as well.

All in all I believe that this is a good Ea and specifically proven with forward tests by Ryan.
I myself am testing the Ea on GbpCad, with a small difference from the basic set offered by Ryan, I believe different inputs can help us all in a common goal and help in a better Ea. I am very much a risk reward trader and believe that trades must be exploited to their fullest potential without laying too much on the table and not too many trades.

Anyway will share my results and sets in given time with forward tests.

All the best
Cheers

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 12:57pm | Post# 393

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, you are right, my setfiles is diferent in: - Magic Number (i have 123 (same as another RMI EAs) - original is 0 - as far as I know zero num in magic is used for hand open position, therefore this in original setfile collide) - Show Info To Chart (i have false - original is true) So maybe i must search for err elsewhere.
If your not trading other ea`S/systems on same mt4 set all Magics either to 0 ore 123 doesnt matter and info is only the panel so no of theese tings should`nt matter,but i am sure you know that already...I have another EA here that does the same give and take you can try that one.I think can choose between dollar amount,procentage ore pips on this also.

EDIT:NO i am sorry its only equity,dollar and procentage ,but i will leave it here if anyone need it for a equity cutoff/stoploss at any system
close all orders equity DD% profitfarmer.ex4

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 1:03pm | Post# 394

1 Attachment(s)
But this one should be good to use if you have problems with the one cubby have made availabe in this tread....Dont mean to hijack you cubby just trying to help thoose that cant get your version to work.
ProfitLossTrailEA.ex4

Cubbybgood May 14, 2019 1:15pm | Post# 395

Interesting to note what a difference having a different broker can have on this EA. I know that different price feeds can have different results but this EA seem to be very sensitive to different brokers. This is my account after 2 weeks and looks completely different from the OP's account linked to the thread. {image}
Yeah, The main reason for the difference is the inside candle entry. A 0.01 price difference can mean an entry for 1 person and not for another. This is ok. You're in 1.6% DD at the moment when I'm in 0 but I will be on the flip side of that at some point.

jshear May 14, 2019 1:35pm | Post# 396

Thank you for your reply. I notice if one would use on an account larger than 1K the lot size would change accordingly. What about the step dollar value ? Would that change too accordingly ?

Thank you

Jeff

FXsniper111 May 14, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 397

Thank you for your reply. I notice if one would use on an account larger than 1K the lot size would change accordingly. What about the step dollar value ? Would that change too accordingly ? Thank you Jeff
If using much bigger lots like you are on 100k i would set at same 1000 dollars step pr 0.01.I havent tried so i have no idea if it does anyting,but i like to choose lotsize myself not some auto shit atleast at ea`S like this one so basic settings.

jshear May 14, 2019 4:15pm | Post# 398

First trade long GBP CAD at 1.73811. Letís see how this system works. Should be fun. Thanks for the hard work.

Cheers

Jeff

NPSystems May 14, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 399

But this one should be good to use if you have problems with the one cubby have made availabe in this tread....Dont mean to hijack you cubby just trying to help thoose that cant get your version to work. {file}
It will create bad habit on the forum if people start posting compiled code because they see that's what others are doing. Please post the source code always (*.mq4, *.mq5) unless you're a commercial member and eventually planning to sell your work. Without the source code, no one can improve or make adjustments. Also, I would never run compiled code anyway since it can be used to steal sensitive account information.

Cubbybgood May 14, 2019 4:42pm | Post# 400

{quote} It will create bad habit on the forum if people start posting compiled code because they see that's what others are doing. Please post the source code always (*.mq4, *.mq5) unless you're a commercial member and eventually planning to sell your work. Without the source code, no one can improve or make adjustments. Also, I would never run compiled code anyway since it can be used to steal sensitive account information.
I feel this may be a bit of a jab at me as well. Sometimes the only thing that is shared online is the EXE when it comes to trading tools. Correct me if I'm wrong, those files FXSniper111 posted were not of his own. They are also just simple Close EA's. We take what we can get!

Just so it's clear, the reason I chose NOT to post the mq4 file is because of that ONE reason. I didn't want people to basically claim my work as their own just to re-sell it online. You got to open your mind here...Many more reasons than selling the EA not to give out the mq4 file. I believe It's more about the protection of data. Yes, exe can be re-compiled but it's much harder to go down that rout. When that's done, it's just straight up stealing.

Also, I wasn't too interested in the community tearing apart my EA but I am giving out all the settings and methodology behind the system/EA. It's much better to go down this rout in my mind so people can better understand how my EA functions.

© Forex Factory