Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

GodRa May 7, 2019 2:33pm | Post# 261

{quote} Check your spread. This is with 5pip spread {image}
Unfortunately 5 pip spread gave me the same result. NZDCAD also gives similar loss

salimc May 7, 2019 3:07pm | Post# 262

{quote} I was asking about his stats from 13 years of live testing. Not back testing. Back tests are 99% useless.
He has already proved about his live trading with evidence. It is not possible for anyone to maintain his 13 years test record. Anyway, why bother about his EA? Don't use it if you have doubt about it. Simple!!

dokopy May 7, 2019 3:47pm | Post# 263

1 Attachment(s)
I'm afraid SpreadFilter = 10.0 is incorrect.
Click to Enlarge

Name: spread.png
Size: 54 KB

bojack34 May 7, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 264

{quote} He has already proved about his live trading with evidence. It is not possible for anyone to maintain his 13 years test record. Anyway, why bother about his EA? Don't use it if you have doubt about it. Simple!!
Wow you are very defensive about an ea and thread thatís not even yours. I didnít tell him he needs to provide anything. I was simply giving him advice. You need to relax a little bit. Youíre not the thread police. Relax

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 5:05pm | Post# 265

{quote} Wow you are very defensive about an ea and thread that’s not even yours. I didn’t tell him he needs to provide anything. I was simply giving him advice. You need to relax a little bit. You’re not the thread police. Relax
Hmmm. It is nice when people stand up for me though. The more you keep saying backtests are useless, the more difficult trading will be for you.

Why is backtesting useful?
1. So we can test strategy possibilities. Otherwise, how will we even know if it shows any potential?
2. We develop systems based on patterns in the market. The only way to really see if these patterns can give us an edge is by backtesting them
3. We need to see how long the trading edge we found shows results for. Is it a strategy that works only in a specific market?
4. Is a system or strategy even worth exploring? Backtesting can help with this in a HUGE way.
5. backtesting can help with money management as well.

Yes, backtesting is no indication of how profitable a system/strategy will be in the REAL market. It is a helpful tool that can guide us in finding a market edge though!

FXsniper111 May 7, 2019 5:14pm | Post# 266

Looks good so far on testing. For others testing or using the EA. 1 item: The CLOSE ALL EA closes not only the RMI EA's trades but any other trades you have going. If you are using Ryan's set files.
A close all is close all if you dont use a different magic number on another EA running i think.I have a different good grid EA i have set up with 2 different groups of 4 pairs with one magic number for one group and another different magic number for another group i havent had close trades yet so i am not sure,but in teori it should work that the 4 pairs in one group have one magic and the other group have another and that one will close independent of the other,But we will see i will post here when i know.

forexn00b81 May 7, 2019 6:08pm | Post# 267

This is the guy im talking about, hes been around awhile, and swing trades on a ema based channel indi, purely mechanical too, crazy...

https://www.forexfactory.com/galip#acct.99 Demo acct 13,000% in 77 days according to forex factory calculation

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/572114 His live acct....

00PIP May 8, 2019 12:12am | Post# 268

Anyone know if the EA automatically decides how many lots to trade based on your balance, or is this something you manually set?

nigelnorm May 8, 2019 12:15am | Post# 269

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know if the EA automatically decides how many lots to trade based on your balance, or is this something you manually set?

0.01 is the default in the EA but you can manually change it here I believe. You should load the EA and have a look at these settings to have a better understanding of what is happening behind the scenes.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 86 KB

00PIP May 8, 2019 12:48am | Post# 270

Thanks - I did notice that. I just wondered if the other settings like "increase" implied that it changed based on your balance.

nigelnorm May 8, 2019 12:55am | Post# 271

Thanks - I did notice that. I just wondered if the other settings like "increase" implied that it changed based on your balance.
I believe "Increase" refers to when lots are added based on the grid strategy that the EA follows, so as the market moves away from the initial trade it will add "0.01" each time. This would be manually changed if you were using a larger balance. For example someone said earlier that a $10,000 account would use 0.1 (the initial lot would also be set to 0.1).

00PIP May 8, 2019 1:26am | Post# 272

{quote} I believe "Increase" refers to when lots are added based on the grid strategy that the EA follows, so as the market moves away from the initial trade it will add "0.01" each time. This would be manually changed if you were using a larger balance. For example someone said earlier that a $10,000 account would use 0.1 (the initial lot would also be set to 0.1).
That makes sense - thanks.

Tiivaa May 8, 2019 2:35am | Post# 273

2 Attachment(s)
Today morning , all are closed.
Profit in Total
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.PNG
Size: 60 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.PNG
Size: 65 KB

bazze May 8, 2019 3:00am | Post# 274

The EA have not opened a trade for two days. Is this right?

Meerrettich May 8, 2019 4:02am | Post# 275

{quote} I believe "Increase" refers to when lots are added based on the grid strategy that the EA follows, so as the market moves away from the initial trade it will add "0.01" each time. This would be manually changed if you were using a larger balance. For example someone said earlier that a $10,000 account would use 0.1 (the initial lot would also be set to 0.1).
I believe thats not quite correct. In his videos he states that the increase parameter determines the lotsize added when your balance grows per "balance step".
So if your acc balance is 1000$ and you're trading 0.01 lots with increase 0.01 and balance step 1000.0, it will add 0.01 to your trading size for every 1000$ balance you gain

Huntpips May 8, 2019 6:04am | Post# 276

2 Attachment(s)
Please can somebody add alert to this indicator for all to use.[attach]Stop reversal.

mq4;3331942[/attach]
Attachment 3331943
Stop reversal.mq4

Deichkind May 8, 2019 6:53am | Post# 277

Dear cubbygood,

many thanks for the EA, I've setup on a Demo account and via bridge to a small Oanda account which will be shown in my explorer. Works good so far!

best regards

Thorsten

jdva May 8, 2019 6:54am | Post# 278

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hmmm. It is nice when people stand up for me though. The more you keep saying backtests are useless, the more difficult trading will be for you. Why is backtesting useful? 1. So we can test strategy possibilities. Otherwise, how will we even know if it shows any potential? 2. We develop systems based on patterns in the market. The only way to really see if these patterns can give us an edge is by backtesting them 3. We need to see how long the trading edge we found shows results for. Is it a strategy that works only in a specific market?...
I do fully agree, my friend...!

BTW, I did 2 BTs (M30 and H1) on GC with my admittedly rough ICM broker data from 2018.11.01-2019.05.07. FWIW I do publish them here nevertheless.
Settings default, TP 50 pips, SL 500 pips:
Click to Enlarge

Name: Cubbyb EA M30  500-50 2018.11.01-2019.05.07.png
Size: 25 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Cubbyb EA H1 500-50 2018.11.01-2019.05.07.png
Size: 23 KB

Tranqility May 8, 2019 7:06am | Post# 279

{quote} I do fully agree, my friend...! BTW, I did 2 BTs (M30 and H1) on GC with my admittedly rough ICM broker data from 2018.11.01-2019.05.07. FWIW I do publish them here nevertheless. Settings default, TP 50 pips, SL 500 pips: {image} {image}
You might want to try that back test on NZDCAD - it had a trend of around 600 pips over 12 days last year which triggered 29 positions on my back test.

FXsniper111 May 8, 2019 7:49am | Post# 280

{quote} You might want to try that back test on NZDCAD - it had a trend of around 600 pips over 12 days last year which triggered 29 positions on my back test.
If you read the whole tread OP talks abaut sometime last year he got into 35% DD and closed all trades and then market turned like it always does when we close in loss and he would been out in profit.lolz

© Forex Factory