Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Giving Back! My Best Expert Advisor EA Free for Everyone (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=913230)

salimc May 7, 2019 3:42am | Post# 241

{quote} have you kept track of all the DD %’s for every day that you have traded this ea? If so that is VERY valuable information. If you have this information you should try to categorize your DD %’s in groups of 5’s for example. How many times has your dd% been between 0-5%, how many times between 5.1-6%, how many times from 6.1-10%, etc. then you can see the strike rates and how often your dd% reaches each category. Then you will be able to give yourself a calculated hard stop % instead of allowing the ea to go down -35%. If you see that after...
Why running after those toys (tester)? Since you have an interest in the EA, you may forward test it in a demo account!

RiskFighter May 7, 2019 5:18am | Post# 242

{quote} Well, I'm too good-hearted not to sometimes have to play the watchdog for my community. Can we keep a proper tone here? Why you become so aggressive when I ask legitimate important questions, state the obvious and telling the truth from experience? Maybe you're right? That's not the point here, there's no proof. Upload proof with next to similar results like the reports, and you will get more traders excited.
The aggressive part is you. Why don't you go doing something else. Yell at your wife or something. This guy is giving all facts AND the EA. Lots of people will test it and if he were not telling the truth, the we will notice that. If it doesn't work, then people will not use it. All they lost is some time testing it and if nothing elde, then they got a little clever. Test it your self before you call him a lier. Behave.

FXsniper111 May 7, 2019 5:42am | Post# 243

{quote} Well, I'm too good-hearted not to sometimes have to play the watchdog for my community. Can we keep a proper tone here? Why you become so aggressive when I ask legitimate important questions, state the obvious and telling the truth from experience? Maybe you're right? That's not the point here, there's no proof. Upload proof with next to similar results like the reports, and you will get more traders excited.
Its free you idiot why the hell should he need to post hes accounts with hes money if he dont want to i agree if where for sale live account proof should be made,but test the hell out of it and then deside if anyting for you.As i can see so far its a slow and steady EA for people with bigger money so 1k will not make you what you need to make a living of forex and to be true 1000 dollars will never make you rich in forex,but 50 k with 5-10% a month and you can enjoy a simple lifestyle and quit work and that may be possible with this EA,but needs a equitystoploss at some point playing with big money no matter how good the EA is..

salimc May 7, 2019 6:16am | Post# 244

trolls have attacked this thread also. too much. if you don't like it don't use it. Why after that man!!

Tiivaa May 7, 2019 7:44am | Post# 245

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Every one
thank you Cubbybgood for sharing your EA.
I am running it in a demo acc 1k 1:500
so far this week 4 positions and it is different from your acc.
Thank you again
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.PNG
Size: 14 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.PNG
Size: 21 KB

jdva May 7, 2019 8:43am | Post# 246

Thanks Cubbybgood for this nice EA!

I see you are not using in your presets Martingale or some similar options like Step/Sumlots. Any reason for that?

Happy trading, jdva

PS: I did not get the recent buy on GC (maybe broker dependent)

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 8:53am | Post# 247

{quote} Its free you idiot why the hell should he need to post hes accounts with hes money if he dont want to i agree if where for sale live account proof should be made,but test the hell out of it and then deside if anyting for you.As i can see so far its a slow and steady EA for people with bigger money so 1k will not make you what you need to make a living of forex and to be true 1000 dollars will never make you rich in forex,but 50 k with 5-10% a month and you can enjoy a simple lifestyle and quit work and that may be possible with this EA,but...
Yes, The settings I've recommended to everybody should bring 5-10% a month. Any strategy's or EA's saying you can make 20%+ a month are just plan old too risky.

If a trader is pushing for more than 20% a month, they are more than likely going to blow their account...eventually. I understand most of us have small accounts trying to grow them into something large but to be honest, having that kind of success is just complete luck. If you've seen a trader grow a $2k account into $25k on youtube in 1 month, it's likely that trader blew multiple (10-15) $2k accounts before growing one into $25k. This is not how we should be trading our accounts as it's just gambling. We've all done it though!

Even though I know the possibility of building a consistent EA or strategy that can turn a small account into something incredible is VERY unlikely, I still keep searching. over 100 EA's created with different ideas and counting...

5-10% a month should be good enough for all of us considering the best standard investments out there only do 35% a year!

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 8:55am | Post# 248

Hello Every one thank you Cubbybgood for sharing your EA. I am running it in a demo acc 1k 1:500 so far this week 4 positions and it is different from your acc. Thank you again {image} {image}
Yes, Every broker will have slightly different results which is perfectly normal.

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 8:59am | Post# 249

Thanks Cubbybgood for this nice EA! I see you are not using in your presets Martingale or some similar options like Step/Sumlots. Any reason for that? Happy trading, jdva PS: I did not get the recent buy on GC (maybe broker dependent)
Yeah, Over the years I've put a lot of options into the EA to help improve it's profitability while lowering it's DD. Still many things could be added. Most of the martingale options in the EA just don't hold well over time. I do have successful EA martingale settings though... I just haven't given them out yet.

jdva May 7, 2019 9:24am | Post# 250

{quote} Yeah, Over the years I've put a lot of options into the EA to help improve it's profitability while lowering it's DD. Still many things could be added. Most of the martingale options in the EA just don't hold well over time. I do have successful EA martingale settings though... I just haven't given them out yet.
OK...do understand. Can you please explain the difference between Martingale 1 and 2?

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 9:41am | Post# 251

{quote} OK...do understand. Can you please explain the difference between Martingale 1 and 2?
Sure!

Martingale 1 is basically simi-martingale which is 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.
I think this is the most useful martingale option for my EA.

Martingale 2 is standard martingale at 1,2,4,8 etc. You can also change the "lot multiplier" down to 1.5 as well so you get a more simi-martingale like option.

FXsniper111 May 7, 2019 10:07am | Post# 252

{quote} Sure! Martingale 1 is basically simi-martingale which is 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. I think this is the most useful martingale option for my EA. Martingale 2 is standard martingale at 1,2,4,8 etc. You can also change the "lot multiplier" down to 1.5 as well so you get a more simi-martingale like option.
I have a Marty EA i cant get to work its from another tread here and that has the option of 0.01-0.01-0.01-0.01-0.02-0.02-0.02-0.02-0.03-0.03-0.03-0.03-0.04-0.04 and so on and if use gridspace of 10 pips this would be very good strategie i cant code and the EA from the other tread has amazing settings also,but i cant get it to trade and i cant understand why and on tread some get it to trade and some dont.This kind of martingale i think will work well with any EA because even with 200 pips against you only up to 0.05 lots and 50-60 pips reversal and you would be out in profit.Mayby thats someting to consider putting into this EA.

EDIT:But you will need a little bigger account than 1K

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 10:30am | Post# 253

{quote} I have a Marty EA i cant get to work its from another tread here and that has the option of 0.01-0.01-0.01-0.01-0.02-0.02-0.02-0.02-0.03-0.03-0.03-0.03-0.04-0.04 and so on and if use gridspace of 10 pips this would be very good strategie i cant code and the EA from the other tread has amazing settings also,but i cant get it to trade and i cant understand why and on tread some get it to trade and some dont.This kind of martingale i think will work well with any EA because even with 200 pips against you only up to 0.05 lots and 50-60 pips...
Yup! You touched on another modification I want to make to the EA down the road. I've always liked this type of martingale progression. I do think it would be a decent addition to my EA

mrdfx May 7, 2019 10:56am | Post# 254

I've set up a demo account with the OP's recommended set files, you can follow the TE on my profile.

I'll let it run uninterrupted without any intervention, lets see how it goes.

https://www.forexfactory.com/mrdfx#acct.50

bojack34 May 7, 2019 12:02pm | Post# 255

{quote} Why running after those toys (tester)? Since you have an interest in the EA, you may forward test it in a demo account!
I was asking about his stats from 13 years of live testing. Not back testing. Back tests are 99% useless.

forexn00b81 May 7, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 256

I know a guy that has recently traded 10k to 700k on demo of course, but he does it all the time, sometimes he blows up sometimes not, but 85% a day 20 days straight isnt luck... I just thought about that statement about 20% a month is gambling, but then theres that lol... This guy has done 140% live in a month with 15% dd, his trading has caught my attention and so has this thread, just sharing what I have found through intensive research...

bojack34 May 7, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 257

I know a guy that has recently traded 10k to 700k on demo of course, but he does it all the time, sometimes he blows up sometimes not, but 85% a day 20 days straight isnt luck... I just thought about that statement about 20% a month is gambling, but then theres that lol... This guy has done 140% live in a month with 15% dd, his trading has caught my attention and so has this thread, just sharing what I have found through intensive research...
What thread would that be? Hard to believe. Emotions are totally different when itís live.

Wavegarrick May 7, 2019 1:20pm | Post# 258

Hi Guys,

All the theories I have looked at with lazy posters here makes me think that there are some lazy dimwits in this forex world. "Back tests show losses", well come on. You have the answers after one or two days of back testing.????Another one "Why don't you post a statement to prove your theory?" Crumbs totally ridiculous, and when it comes to setting up the Ea no clues from posters alike.

There is no free lunch in forex and if Ryan has given you a tool it is time to put it into practise. He has had his down times and openly confesses to it and over and above is leading by example with a live account. I have my down times too. It is the long run that makes successful traders, anyway I am up and running with a few spices of my own will update here only with forward test results.

Cheers

dbdan May 7, 2019 1:28pm | Post# 259

Looks good so far on testing. For others testing or using the EA. 1 item:

The CLOSE ALL EA closes not only the RMI EA's trades but any other trades you have going. If you are using Ryan's set files.

Cubbybgood May 7, 2019 2:05pm | Post# 260

You know this kind of trader and trading is VERY rare. Very few people are able to do this on a consistent bases.

I know I could double my account every month for a few months here and there but Iím at huge risk of depleting my account at any point. Iíve been very close at nailing down a formula. Still, if you have the tools, you canít forget what kind of emotional state is needed to trade like that.

© Forex Factory