Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

Simontw Sep 20, 2019 12:25am | Post# 6841

{quote} this strategy works well in choppy market. Huge DD due to 1. strong momentum(one direction without retrace) 2. open multiple position on loss position(if u enable for it) 3. Risk > Reward setting. As you mention on GBP pairs, huge DD due to 3 factors I mentioned above.
This is hopefully where the exits should help out right?

Certainly a lot less trades now as previous versions seemed to recover from heavy losses rather quickly, but now we got less trades but safer entry and quicker exits so hoping the big DD problem should be a thing of the past, with instead lots of smallish losses.

We more sniping now whereas BD and early BDX more a shotgun approach. My profits have gone down week on week with the new versions but so have my stress levels. Be interesting to see what @Bishopdotun is doing with his set up.

Blackeagle Sep 20, 2019 12:32am | Post# 6842

{quote} this strategy works well in choppy market. Huge DD due to 1. strong momentum(one direction without retrace) 2. open multiple position on loss position(if u enable for it) 3. Risk > Reward setting. As you mention on GBP pairs, huge DD due to 3 factors I mentioned above.
Agree. I have max open trade setting as 1. I cannot think of DD with multiple positions. Risk:Reward settings must be revisited, IMO. My win ratio for the last 4 weeks is around 50%. Considering the number of SLs hit during this time, overall loss was inevitable. My 25 yrs experience with trading taught me it is more difficult to be right than being wrong in trading. Therefore I prefer systems with favourable Risk:Return settings with lower win ratio than the opposite. But everyone has different risk profile. Anyway, testing continues.

Regards,
Blackeagle

robots4me Sep 20, 2019 1:04am | Post# 6843

{quote} This is hopefully where the exits should help out right? Certainly a lot less trades now as previous versions seemed to recover from heavy losses rather quickly, but now we got less trades but safer entry and quicker exits so hoping the big DD problem should be a thing of the past, with instead lots of smallish losses. We more sniping now whereas BD and early BDX more a shotgun approach. My profits have gone down week on week with the new versions but so have my stress levels. Be interesting to see what @Bishopdotun is doing with his set...
We more sniping now whereas BD and early BDX more a shotgun approach. My profits have gone down week on week with the new versions but so have my stress levels. Be interesting to see what @Bishopdotun is doing with his set up.

@Simontw -- right, but I also think the market has a lot to do with results. The past couple of weeks have seen a number of dramatic movements related to Brexit. The strategy is still the same -- ADR offset from the TMA midline. The fact I frequently post releases makes it tempting to attribute week-to-week performance to one release or another. I'm also trading another, unrelated strategy and its results also vary from week-to-week even though the strategy hasn't changed. That's why I tend to blame the market.

Simontw Sep 20, 2019 1:22am | Post# 6844

{quote} {quote} @Simontw -- right, but I also think the market has a lot to do with results. The past couple of weeks have seen a number of dramatic movements related to Brexit. The strategy is still the same -- ADR offset from the TMA midline. The fact I frequently post releases makes it tempting to attribute week-to-week performance to one release or another. I'm also trading another, unrelated strategy and its results also vary from week-to-week even though the strategy hasn't changed. That's why I tend to blame the market.
Yep no worries we dont really have enough info for solid conclusions I am just widly speculating

rixon227 Sep 20, 2019 2:09am | Post# 6845

{quote} Agree. I have max open trade setting as 1. I cannot think of DD with multiple positions. Risk:Reward settings must be revisited, IMO. My win ratio for the last 4 weeks is around 50%. Considering the number of SLs hit during this time, overall loss was inevitable. My 25 yrs experience with trading taught me it is more difficult to be right than being wrong in trading. Therefore I prefer systems with favourable Risk:Return settings with lower win ratio than the opposite. But everyone has different risk profile. Anyway, testing continues. Regards,...
I totally agree with you!
Even a 40% win ratio can be profitable in consistent manner as long as you stick on good R:R.
Win Big lose small > Win more lose less
Quality > quantity

joshuayip Sep 21, 2019 8:11am | Post# 6846

1 Attachment(s)
I tested on the following settings from 9th Sept to 19th Sept on version 252 on H1 CC 50% Max Trades = 2. The attached xls are the results from the EA running 24/7 ( Start from line 40 after a demo deposit of 200 to seperate the different test results). I was kind of surprised that with all the volatility from GBP going on (Brexit) the biggest losers were the CAD and not the GBP. Maybe due to news on the oil supplies interruption

10776316_Statement-9Sept-19-Sept2019.xls

My other two setting did not yield any positive result
H1 - HA 100% - data integrity was an issue
Max Open - 2

Testing 1080XXX acc - not great.
H1 - CC 100%
Max Open - 2

I do think the v252 was already a great piece of code with some many winnings and the ability to minimize SL. But thanks R4M for making it even greater

RougeTrader Sep 24, 2019 6:52am | Post# 6847

Hi R4M

hope you’re ok.

great system and thank you for the constant development.

i think this has already been said but notifications are not working on the current or previous versionS of the dashboard.

thanks

RT

dotman Sep 24, 2019 11:04am | Post# 6848

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you R4M, BD and people who laboured day and night to bring something meaningful to everybody. Below is my trades which I often do at my leisure. The system has been really profitable.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Captureq.PNG
Size: 33 KB

alblive Sep 25, 2019 7:02am | Post# 6849

newest version allpairsea fifo settings gone?

mbae Sep 25, 2019 11:36am | Post# 6850

i think this has already been said but notifications are not working on the current or previous versionS of the dashboard.
The thread seems to be fighting for survival,almost dying.
I also raised this issue severally without any response whatsoever

pantera1 Sep 25, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 6851

Thank you R4M, BD and people who laboured day and night to bring something meaningful to everybody. Below is my trades which I often do at my leisure. The system has been really profitable. {image}
@Dotman, a screenshot of your results is meaningless to the other followers of this thread unless you include your settings. That means the R4M EA or indicator you're using, the version#, the time frame you trade, extreme price (%ADR), TP & SL settings, etc, etc.

robots4me Sep 25, 2019 2:24pm | Post# 6852

newest version allpairsea fifo settings gone?
@alblive -- correct, FIFO is history. The latest NFA regulations have killed algorithmic trading for US clients. Not only no hedging, also trades must be closed in FIFO order, and the latest requirement (as of Aug. 16) that each trade on the same pair must be for a different lot size. I could sort of support the first two (lame) requirements, but the latest is a deal breaker.

robots4me Sep 25, 2019 2:26pm | Post# 6853

{quote} The thread seems to be fighting for survival,almost dying. I also raised this issue severally without any response whatsoever
@mbae -- I'm not your slave. This is not a high priority for me. I will look into it at my convenience.

alblive Sep 25, 2019 3:10pm | Post# 6854

{quote} @alblive -- correct, FIFO is history. The latest NFA regulations have killed algorithmic trading for US clients. Not only no hedging, also trades must be closed in FIFO order, and the latest requirement (as of Aug. 16) that each trade on the same pair must be for a different lot size. I could sort of support the first two (lame) requirements, but the latest is a deal breaker.
thanks for clearing that up

12mohana Sep 25, 2019 4:29pm | Post# 6855

2 Attachment(s)
hi everyone.i am new here.thanks robots4me for this good system and thank bishop.i am just tryng to attach bdx allpair ea to my 4h chart.but i am getting this error.i use ecn. i think i cant send order with stop.maybe after execute order and tp it can put sl.robots4me what do you think? many thanks in advance.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot - 9_26_2019 , 3_34_09 AM (1).png
Size: 69 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot - 9_26_2019 , 3_50_23 AM.png
Size: 39 KB

robots4me Sep 25, 2019 4:35pm | Post# 6856

hi everyone.i am new here.thanks robots4me for this good system and thank bishop.i am just tryng to attach bdx allpair ea to my 4h chart.but i am getting this error.i use ecn. i think i cant send order with stop.maybe after execute order and tp it can put sl.robots4me what do you think? many thanks in advance. {image} {image}
@12mohana -- if this is not a Demo account, then first try on a demo account using default values. If this is a Demo account, then try another broker. You don't need to stick with the other broker -- it is only for the purpose of determining whether this is a broker-specific issue.

bohurst Sep 25, 2019 5:18pm | Post# 6857

{quote} thanks for clearing that up
Alblive I gave up on it a while back. It has been a huge pain in the *ss. I just trade it manually and doing alright that way.

12mohana Sep 25, 2019 5:39pm | Post# 6858

{quote} @12mohana -- if this is not a Demo account, then first try on a demo account using default values. If this is a Demo account, then try another broker. You don't need to stick with the other broker -- it is only for the purpose of determining whether this is a broker-specific issue.
i m using real ecn account.in ecn demo it gives the same error but in standard demo account in my broker it is ok and open orders and also in another broker demo it doesnt give such errors .so i think as you said it is broker or ecn or both issue .maybe some ecns doesnt allow to opening order and puting stoploss together.thank you.

alblive Sep 25, 2019 6:28pm | Post# 6859

1 Attachment(s)
think ive got it figured out. the ea is checking the non suffix pair.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 31 KB

alblive Sep 25, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 6860

1 Attachment(s)
the ea refuses to not grab the non ".FX" pairs
marketwatch pairs to trade set to true
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 50 KB

© Forex Factory