Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

robots4me Sep 16, 2019 10:40am | Post# 6781

{quote} I closed it manually...so not sure if this is useful: {image}
Yes -- that helps, thanks. From the MagicNumber I can see it was GBPCAD / H1 created by AllPairs -- and I just wanted to confirm the trade hadn't been opened by a different EA.

robots4me Sep 16, 2019 11:24am | Post# 6782

{quote} I closed it manually...so not sure if this is useful: {image}
Since you first reported this I've tested both the single-trading EA with Strategy Tester and the AllPairs EA on an M1 chart. To my eyes the CC Exit is working fine.

According to the logging:

1. The trade was opened at 2019.09.16 @12:00
2. The 'x' that you circled occurs at 2019.09.16 at @13:00
3. The trade was manually closed at 2019.09.16 @17:15

Since the EA has to wait for a candle to close, then I would have expected CC Exit to close the trade at @14:00 -- which it did not.

So -- I agree. The trade should have closed at @14:00. And I don't have an explanation. Let's keep an eye on this and if it occurs again please send screen shots of the Trade and Account History logs (with Magic Numbers) along with the chart showing the dots and 'x's. I do not need to see the AllPairs EA chart.

Simontw Sep 16, 2019 11:47am | Post# 6783

{quote} Since you first reported this I've tested both the single-trading EA with Strategy Tester and the AllPairs EA on an M1 chart. To my eyes the CC Exit is working fine. According to the logging: 1. The trade was opened at 2019.09.16 @12:00 2. The 'x' that you circled occurs at 2019.09.16 at @13:00 3. The trade was manually closed at 2019.09.16 @17:15 Since the EA has to wait for a candle to close, then I would have expected CC Exit to close the trade at @14:00 -- which it did not. So -- I agree. The trade should have closed at @14:00. And I...
Thank you..I will keep an eye.

northwind Sep 16, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 6784

{quote} @northwind -- The setting says "4-digit group ID [1000-9999]". There are a couple of problems with the numbers you chose: 1. They are not 4-digits and do not fall in the range [1000,9999]. 2. The default Group ID for the single-trading EA is '1111'. So, '1111' will be replaced with your 4-digit group ID. 3. You can not assign numbers for each currency -- the EA is responsible for composing that portion of the Magic Number.
Hi,
Just made a list of the 8 currencies and gave each one a number 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 to use in EA.
In the EA 4 digit group ID field for EURUSD I manually type 2211, for GBPUSD I typed 3311, for EURJPY I typed 2244, etc.
The EA shows this 4 digit ID on the chart as the Magic Number.
But the trades don't show 4 digit ID in the comments.

robots4me Sep 16, 2019 1:51pm | Post# 6785

{quote} Hi, Just made a list of the 8 currencies and gave each one a number 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 to use in EA. In the EA 4 digit group ID field for EURUSD I manually type 2211, for GBPUSD I typed 3311, for EURJPY I typed 2244, etc. The EA shows this 4 digit ID on the chart as the Magic Number. But the trades don't show 4 digit ID in the comments.
@northwind -- you'll need to find the post that describes how magic numbers are composed. The 4-digit Group ID is NOT the magic number -- it is only a portion of the magic number.

robots4me Sep 16, 2019 5:48pm | Post# 6786

{quote} Hi, Just made a list of the 8 currencies and gave each one a number 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 to use in EA. In the EA 4 digit group ID field for EURUSD I manually type 2211, for GBPUSD I typed 3311, for EURJPY I typed 2244, etc. The EA shows this 4 digit ID on the chart as the Magic Number. But the trades don't show 4 digit ID in the comments.
@northwind -- I searched back through the thread and found the post where I first described how magic numbers are composed -- post #4982. Here is a link:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12383893

The format remains the same today -- though there might be some minor differences when it comes to the symbol IDs.

northwind Sep 17, 2019 1:34am | Post# 6787

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} @northwind -- I searched back through the thread and found the post where I first described how magic numbers are composed -- post #4982. Here is a link: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12383893 The format remains the same today -- though there might be some minor differences when it comes to the symbol IDs.
R4M,
Thank you.
I must be misunderstanding Post #4982 where it says,
"Magic Numbers:
I've been meaning to explain how the EAs use MagicNumbers. For the single-pair trading EAs the default MagicNumber is '0'. If you leave it at '0' then the EA will compose one on its own according to the rules I layout below. If you enter a number other than '0' then it will use that.

For single-pair EA on EURUSD I entered magic number 2211.

But the single-pair EA comment is showing 1111 for EURUSD and for different pairs.
Name:  Image1.png
Views: 944
Size:  4 KB
Name:  Image2.png
Views: 929
Size:  4 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image3.png
Size: 7 KB

robots4me Sep 17, 2019 3:05am | Post# 6788

{quote} R4M, Thank you. I must be misunderstanding Post #4982 where it says, "Magic Numbers: I've been meaning to explain how the EAs use MagicNumbers. For the single-pair trading EAs the default MagicNumber is '0'. If you leave it at '0' then the EA will compose one on its own according to the rules I layout below. If you enter a number other than '0' then it will use that. For single-pair EA on EURUSD I entered magic number 2211. But the single-pair EA comment is showing 1111 for EURUSD and for different pairs. {image} {image} {image}
@northwind -- the format has remained the same, but the EA has evolved a bit over the past couple months. Originally there was only one EA -- the single-trading EA. So the way the 'MagicNumber' setting worked was different than today. Originally if you left the setting at '0' then the EA would compose the MagicNumber. And if you used any number other than '0' then that would be the MagicNumber.

But today there are 3 EAs and I needed a way to distinguish which EA opens which trades. So, now, the EAs compose the MagicNumber but you can change the GroupID portion -- the 4 digits in the middle. By default the single-tranding EA uses '1111', the dashboard '2222' and the AllPairs '3333'. The portion of the MagicNumber that precedes the GroupID is composed by the EA and is based on symbol and time frame.

So in your case: 1-2-2211-01 I can tell that you are trading EURUSD-M5-2211-01. The '1' is EURUSD, the '2' is M5, the '2211' is the GroupID, and the '01' is the strategy ID (which is not used here and will always be '01').

Hemrav009 Sep 17, 2019 7:00am | Post# 6789

Robots4me. A good afternoon. I hope not to be inopportune. We can treat the outputs in two ways, the one you are currently configuring, but you could add one more conditioning. Close when the price touches the opposite band and normal heiken has an opposite signal. The normal Heiken location at the time of the closing signal does not matter its location, it can be inside or outside the band, the only condition is that the price touches the opposite band. Thanks once again. regards edited (the two outputs do not have to be exclusive. the closing...
hey, Vicente which indicator is this..? Attachment 3441736
I am using this psi indicator...

Hemrav009 Sep 17, 2019 7:01am | Post# 6790

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot (33).png
Size: 26 KB

Simontw Sep 17, 2019 7:15am | Post# 6791

5 Attachment(s)
{quote} Since you first reported this I've tested both the single-trading EA with Strategy Tester and the AllPairs EA on an M1 chart. To my eyes the CC Exit is working fine. According to the logging: 1. The trade was opened at 2019.09.16 @12:00 2. The 'x' that you circled occurs at 2019.09.16 at @13:00 3. The trade was manually closed at 2019.09.16 @17:15 Since the EA has to wait for a candle to close, then I would have expected CC Exit to close the trade at @14:00 -- which it did not. So -- I agree. The trade should have closed at @14:00. And I...
Same again on AUDUSD:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 52 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 8 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 9 KB

EDIT:

I just noticed the indi gave a Buy signal but the EA did not add a position to the current position that is still open.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 8 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot5.png
Size: 53 KB

Alianzer Sep 17, 2019 10:33am | Post# 6792

3 Attachment(s)
Hi
It was discussed i know, but the TMA repaints badly...
Stated to watch the LMW crossing withe the midleline and it shows there is no magick in the indi
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-09-17 08_00_04 9.gif
Size: 59 KB see this pic

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-09-17 12_00_00 10i.gif
Size: 59 KB and see this pick

You can clearly see that the rapaints 6 bars, wich is a whole day...thats huge in my opinion...
So in other words good entries at firs can later bee seen as bad entries or even no entries...

FOR those who will say try it first and you will see
I am
Click to Enlarge

Name: zzzzzz.PNG
Size: 79 KB

The only prosit the are my own trades. The time frame is 4h, no intervention.

robots4me Sep 17, 2019 12:20pm | Post# 6793

Hi It was discussed i know, but the TMA repaints badly... Stated to watch the LMW crossing withe the midleline and it shows there is no magick in the indi {image} see this pic {image} and see this pick You can clearly see that the rapaints 6 bars, wich is a whole day...thats huge in my opinion... So in other words good entries at firs can later bee seen as bad entries or even no entries... FOR those who will say try it first and you will see I am {image} The only prosit the are my own trades. The time frame is 4h, no intervention.
It was discussed i know, but the TMA repaints badly...
Stated to watch the LMW crossing withe the midleline and it shows there is no magick in the indi

@Alianzer -- this has been discussed ad nauseum. Depending whether there is a very large bar nearby then the midline can be pulled up or down -- which then causes the upper and lower bands to move as well since they are computed as fixed offsets from the midline. Indicators repaint at different degrees -- this one does not constantly repaint -- only in the vicinity of large bars. You've been a member since 2011 so you should be able to confirm this for yourself by checking the source code for the NRP Centered TMA indicator.

An indicator is computed and drawn using historical data points -- i.e. data points that are old. The EA and trading occur in real-time at the current bar -- i.e. now. When the EA executes a trade that means it did receive a signal at the current bar -- NOW. It may turn out that as more data rolls in the indicator changes its mind. Welcome to forex...

RichC Sep 17, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 6794

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the latest update R4.
The new exits for the H1 seem to be working fine before a potential waterfall.
Better safe than sorry.

Rich
Click to Enlarge

Size: 130 KB

robots4me Sep 17, 2019 1:06pm | Post# 6795

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Same again on AUDUSD: {image} {image} {image} EDIT: I just noticed the indi gave a Buy signal but the EA did not add a position to the current position that is still open. {image} {image}
Same again on AUDUSD
I have the same chart and signals. Check out the screen shot below:
1. AUDUSD-H1 opens a BUY at 2019.09.17@9:00 and that is closed at 2019.09.17@11:00 by CC Exit
2. AUDUSD-H1 opens a BUY at 2019.09.17@13:00 and that is closed at 2019.09.17@15:57 by midline crossing

Click to Enlarge

Name: simontw-01.png
Size: 123 KB

Could you double-check and make sure the indicator and EA are both using the same Entry Type -- i.e. Consecutive Candles. If the indicator is using Consecutive Candles and the EA is using HA Transitions then it will get confusing trying to match things up. Actually -- we're considering removing HA Transitions as an Entry option in the next version since it seems CC Entries are just (if not more) reliable and because BDX also uses CC Exits. It makes things simpler with minimal downside.

@simontw -- I'm hard pressed to explain what you are seeing. This latest version didn't touch Entry code -- so, that should be the same as before. And as for CC Exit it works for me in Strategy Tester (using the single-trading EA) and AllPairs (using M5 on a Demo account) and also my live account.

Also keep in mind the EA executes one bar delayed compared to the indicator since it has to wait for the current bar to close before it will detect a signal from the indicator.

And let me ask you this -- is anything working for you? Are you getting any open and close trades? Is it just sometimes it's not working?

Could you run AllPairs on a Demo account and use an M5 chart to see if you can get anything to work?

EDIT:
I just noticed the indi gave a Buy signal but the EA did not add a position to the current position that is still open.
@simontw -- I think there is an explanation for this. The more recent, large bullish bars pulled the midline up so that now the indicator -- in hindsight -- draws a blue dot. However, in real time -- there was no blue dot.

Whenever I see a discrepancy the first thing I look for are nearby large bars that could pull the midline upward / downward. Since the indicator uses historical data it may mark the chart with dots and 'x's that weren't there when the dot or 'x' was the current bar.

robots4me Sep 17, 2019 1:11pm | Post# 6796

Thanks for the latest update R4. The new exits for the H1 seem to be working fine before a potential waterfall. Better safe than sorry. Rich {image}
@RichC -- this is excellent -- thanks for the screen shot. This is now the expected behavior and also what I'm seeing.

Simontw Sep 17, 2019 6:59pm | Post# 6797

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} I have the same chart and signals. Check out the screen shot below: 1. AUDUSD-H1 opens a BUY at 2019.09.17@9:00 and that is closed at 2019.09.17@11:00 by CC Exit 2. AUDUSD-H1 opens a BUY at 2019.09.17@13:00 and that is closed at 2019.09.17@15:57 by midline crossing {image} Could you double-check and make sure the indicator and EA are both using the same Entry Type -- i.e. Consecutive Candles. If the indicator is using Consecutive Candles and the EA is using HA Transitions then it will get confusing trying to match things up. Actually...
Hello R4M and thanks for taking a look at this. Baffling why it is happening.
I shall put it on a demo as you suggest. Currently woke up to live trades so will have to let this continue while I test demo.
Yes I am getting opening of trades woke up to these:
Click to Enlarge

Size: 17 KB

Close trades has been weird as like shown in the picture I would get the alert and see several candles later the trade never closed. Last week everything worked perfectly.
Shall update you.

Simontw Sep 17, 2019 8:06pm | Post# 6798

5 Attachment(s)
@R4m

Testing it on 5 min as suggested with 5%ADR to get some fast examples.

I just got my first demo trade to hit mid line, candle closed with a midline notification, next candle opened and closed gave midline notification again and the trade did not close.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 53 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 5 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 10 KB

Shall update more later.

EDIT UPDATE:

Here is AJ several candles later and there have been multiple candles getting the midline close alert but the trade stayed open.
Also other buy signals but no new buys.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 56 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot5.png
Size: 18 KB

Very strange. Back to the example, I gave initially, I also did not get the second AU trade. I am wondering if it could be broker related??? I am on a Pepperstone Razor Account.

robots4me Sep 17, 2019 9:55pm | Post# 6799

@R4m Testing it on 5 min as suggested with 5%ADR to get some fast examples. I just got my first demo trade to hit mid line, candle closed with a midline notification, next candle opened and closed gave midline notification again and the trade did not close. {image} {image} {image} Shall update more later. EDIT UPDATE: Here is AJ several candles later and there have been multiple candles getting the midline close alert but the trade stayed open. Also other buy signals but no new buys. {image} {image} Very strange.
@simontw -- I still can't explain why you'd be encountering this problem with the latest version and not with previous versions -- but now I'm wondering whether this might have something to do with the logic and code that I had added that prevents repeatedly opening / closing trades on the same bar. That is, the code that is supposed to protect against intrabar trading (by ignoring certain signals) might also be responsible for this behavior. However, that was added a few versions ago.

I'll continue to look into this and keep you posted.

@simontw -- thanks very much for your help with this.

Simontw Sep 17, 2019 10:04pm | Post# 6800

{quote} @simontw -- I still can't explain why you'd be encountering this problem with the latest version and not with previous versions -- but now I'm wondering whether this might have something to do with the logic and code that I had added that prevents repeatedly opening / closing trades on the same bar. That is, the code that is supposed to protect against intrabar trading (by ignoring certain signals) might also be responsible for this behavior. However, that was added a few versions ago. I'll continue to look into this and keep you posted....
Thank you yes it is very strange. Last week the EA traded my account and I detected no problems or issues with closing on midline before tp in the cases the mid line had shifted. So was surprised when I noticed it hadn't closed.

Let me know if you need anything else as it is working really well with CC entry on the hour, getting these exits sorted would really put my mind at ease to leave it alone for the week without looking.

Many thanks.

EDIT:

Same just occurred with GU and GJ. Got the alert and new candle opened while trade remained open...I manually closed.

© Forex Factory