Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

benjun9 Aug 23, 2019 11:55pm | Post# 6141

@Viktory

I think R4M made the TMA "non-repainting" and curvilinear that's why. Yes correct, H4 is almost in sync with BD and BDX but in other TFs they are not, but you have to make adjustments to make out of it.

In other thread (BD's thread), he made recommendations regarding the ADR offsets for H1-D1 tf and you can see they look beautiful on the chart and very tradeable as the BDX should be.

..... Stay on the side of safety. I recommend the following: H1 (50% ADR offset = 100% ADR Bandwidth) H4 (100% ADR offset = 200% ADR Bandwidth) D1 (150% ADR offset = 300% ADR Bandwidth).
regards,

robots4me Aug 24, 2019 12:14am | Post# 6142

@robots4me: I have some doubts about your ADR channels within different time-frames. --- If we have signals here in AUDUSD H4: {image} Why not one for the positive candle closing outside the channel in AUDUSD D1: {image} --- And here I'm comparing your latest BD-ADR and BDX-ADR indicators: {image} {image} In H4 the channels coincide well, but in D1 the BDX seems like a long period MA compared to BD, even if both are averaging the same previous 20 days: {image} {image} In H1 the situation normalizes, but almost all signals are lost because of the...
@Viktory -- the BDX strategy is slightly different than the BD strategy -- curvilinear bands vs horizontal bands, non-repainting vs repainting, Heiken Ashi transitions vs "Original Recipe". Different doesn't necessarily mean bad -- just, different. But, overall, the magic sauce is the same -- ADR offset from a midline.

Please -- no more requests for changes -- we're way past that. We're coming down the home stretch and I've asked people to test the heck out of the BDX strategy because I'm gradually backing away. If you care to help test that would be great, but I'm not interested in doubts or recommendations of things I should check out.

robots4me Aug 24, 2019 12:40am | Post# 6143

{quote} Excuse me Steve, my fault. As I am using RENKO graphics, I didn't think about sharing the full screen. Graphic attachment The indicator does not match the lines drawn by the robot. Some outputs are given in the midline of the robot and others in the midline of the indicator. Thanks Steve {image}
Hello @Vicente -- so, you know, I'm intrigued by your experiment with Renko bars. And I was thinking. The BDX's magic sauce is ADR (Average Daily Range) offset from a midline. A Daily Range is the delta (difference) between the Highest and Lowest price for the current market session. But Renko bars are not time-based -- that is, they don't develop over time. Rather, they are based on body size. So, in the Renko world, there is no concept of "Daily Range" -- since there is no "Daily". That being the case, then how would ADR be computed in the Renko world and, furthermore, even if it could be computed then how would one relate ADR to Renko bars? What does ADR mean in the Renko world?

emonts Aug 24, 2019 1:51am | Post# 6144

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hello @Vicente -- so, you know, I'm intrigued by your experiment with Renko bars. And I was thinking. The BDX's magic sauce is ADR (Average Daily Range) offset from a midline. A Daily Range is the delta (difference) between the Highest and Lowest price for the current market session. But Renko bars are not time-based -- that is, they don't develop over time. Rather, they are based on body size. So, in the Renko world, there is no concept of "Daily Range" -- since there is no "Daily". That being the case, then how would ADR be computed in...
Hi,

Sure Renko bars are Pip/Brick based but develop over time. As time passes you get also new Renko bars.
Also in a Renko chart you can draw period seperators.
If you do for a day you will notice that the days will not be 24 hours. The difference can be easy 3/4 hours.
But even then we have a high and a low for the day, which will be more or less equal to the values of a normal chart.

The difference is theoretical max 2 bricks.
If you compare on daily base it is less.
Because we use an average ADR over 20 days, the differences will average out.
So the ADR values will be to a high extend the same for a Renko chart and a normal(time based) chart.

Below you see a Renko and a normal chart. The ADR's are the same based on average of 5 days.
The difference will be in the decimals.

TMA is pretty different, because in normal chart H1 is used, which give 24 bars in a day.
A renko chart can give us more or less then 24 bars in a day.

Click to Enlarge

Name: renko _01.png
Size: 76 KB
Renko

Click to Enlarge

Name: Normal_01.png
Size: 89 KB
Normal

BR

wolfsch Aug 24, 2019 3:25am | Post# 6145

{quote} I'm not Monkey.. lol , just Old Dog, but what new Bro ? GU H1 {image} GU M1 {image} And this Gaussian Velocity theory/formula invented 40 years ago.. NIH
Hi NIH
I was looking for the bands indicator on your chart but could not find it. Can you help please?
Thanks

wolfsch Aug 24, 2019 3:28am | Post# 6146

{quote} Hi Steve, the problem I am talking about has nothing to do with spikes. And I think it has nothing to do 500 or 5000 bars look back period. The market is quiet now, even now HA bars change colours. Please have a look at the following GBPAUD chart. EA opened a short trade 3 bars ago, and pink dot is there. Now if price moves up, last 3 (go5 said 4, could be) bars become white and pink dot disappears meaning there was no entry signal. Midline repainting is a minor issue, IMO, at his stage. Because midline exit is already dynamic and and on...
Hi
I was looking for the indicators on your chart but could not findit. Can you give me a hint to find?
thanks

robots4me Aug 24, 2019 3:31am | Post# 6147

{quote} Hi, Sure Renko bars are Pip/Brick based but develop over time. As time passes you get also new Renko bars. Also in a Renko chart you can draw period seperators. If you do for a day you will notice that the days will not be 24 hours. The difference can be easy 3/4 hours. But even then we have a high and a low for the day, which will be more or less equal to the values of a normal chart. The difference is theoretical max 2 bricks. If you compare on daily base it is less. Because we use an average ADR over 20 days, the differences will average...
@emonts -- most interesting. Thank you very much.

pantera1 Aug 24, 2019 4:03am | Post# 6148

2 Attachment(s)
Further to discussions on Renko charts, you may find these screenshots thought provoking. I used an MT4 indicator that's available free of charge at ovo.cz called "OmniaAutoRange". It gets applied to the off-line Renko chart. It creates a Renko chart that simulates a time based chart by sizing the bricks according to the time frame you'd like the chart to look like. This could also be done manually; the indicator just automates the process. You'll notice the Renko chart has many more mid-line crosses than the candlestick chart (or a Heiken Ashi chart), for the same period. I'm not sure if that's significant or not but I thought I'd mention it.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Renko.jpg
Size: 211 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Candlestick.jpg
Size: 209 KB

parisboy Aug 24, 2019 5:32am | Post# 6149

2 Attachment(s)
Further to discussions on Renko charts, you may find these screenshots thought provoking. I used an MT4 indicator that's available free of charge at ovo.cz called "OmniaAutoRange". It gets applied to the off-line Renko chart. It creates a Renko chart that simulates a time based chart by sizing the bricks according to the time frame you'd like the chart to look like. This could also be done manually; the indicator just automates the process. You'll notice the Renko chart has many more mid-line crosses than the candlestick chart (or a Heiken Ashi...
Nice Charts Pantera !

a) Renko, Candles, Heikin Ashi etc do not exist by itself they are just different ways to graphically REPRESENT Price Action.

b) your Renko Chart is an excellent way to stylize swings of various order, degree , nature and a better way than others to unveil Market Structure - Waves, Cycles etc and visualize it.

c) thank you for having produced this Renko Chart which could stimulate the reflexion of all readers on the subject of Market Structure
Click to Enlarge

Name: RENKO MARKET STRUCTURE.png
Size: 1.4 MB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Renko Chart.jpg
Size: 211 KB

Vicente Aug 24, 2019 1:01pm | Post# 6150

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=robots4me;12461624]{quote} Hello @Vicente -- so, you know, I'm intrigued by your experiment with Renko bars. And I was thinking. The BDX's magic sauce is ADR (Average Daily Range) offset from a midline.

Good morning Steve.
I have a question regarding the indicator. This question arose when I reviewed my active Renko graphics, seeing that the robot draws its own bands and these did not match the indicator.
Well I said Renko is different.
Yesterday, before the market closed, I did a brief test on M1, just to check my doubt.
When I was checking the monitor for an hour, I saw pleasantly that the two matched perfectly. A relief as you understand.
But today that I check my monitor I see a different story.
My approaches are:

1) The indicator is not repainted or recalculated, but at the end of a period of time x, the history of the past changes.
2) The previous indicator worked on the contrary, in the present it was recalculated as is logical, but in history it did not change.
3) Now that we are exploring LTF, many of us use the indicator with their respective settings to see how it behaved in the past, in order to filter excess trade entries, eg. But if the indicator indicates that there was a purchase signal 8 hours ago, the robot at that time would have taken 3 or 4 signals.

I enclose the respective screenshots to help me solve these questions.
As you can see in the screenshots, in the strategy tester and in the robot graphic, both are equal.
But the graph of the indicator is different.
Thanks Steve for your work
Click to Enlarge

Name: 11.PNG
Size: 670 KB

Vicente Aug 24, 2019 1:34pm | Post# 6151

1 Attachment(s)
Steve attached here as the indicator works in RENKO, the indicator is lengthened or shortened according to time.

Of course it looks better detailed with the previous indicator.
Click to Enlarge

Name: CAPTURA.png
Size: 83 KB

Pip-Miner Aug 24, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 6152

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for that interesting summary R4ME. We all have our unique personalities - Iíll take strange. Ruffling your feathers is all about motivating you to achieve more. I have been around since the start of this thread and noticed how hard you started trying when George ruffled those feathers.

George was your Aussie trading guru and you became part of the cult as well.

How much you have achieved since with Bishop has been a good read. ATR, extremes, cup is full , spicy sauce and some of the more recent features. I congratulate you on that.

You do have a dark side and itís not strange.
Name:  29B97B68-A04A-452C-A934-24B00E3EC845.jpeg
Views: 984
Size:  22 KB

robots4me Aug 24, 2019 4:59pm | Post# 6153

{quote} Hello @Vicente -- so, you know, I'm intrigued by your experiment with Renko bars. And I was thinking. The BDX's magic sauce is ADR (Average Daily Range) offset from a midline. Good morning Steve. I have a question regarding the indicator. This question arose when I reviewed my active Renko graphics, seeing that the robot draws its own bands and these did not match the indicator. Well I said Renko is different. Yesterday, before the market closed, I did a brief test on M1, just to check my doubt. When I was checking
@Vicente -- I believe the explanation is this -- and I've posted about it before. An indicator has the benefit of hindsight -- it gets to perform all its computations and markings using all the data currently at hand. On the other hand, the EA can only perform its computations and markings using the data it has up until that point. That's why the EA's band markings are dots, whereas the indicator's bands are smooth lines.

Yours is a good question -- and it's very fundamental. Think about it. When the light bulb comes on please let me know.

robots4me Aug 24, 2019 5:22pm | Post# 6154

Thanks for that interesting summary R4ME. We all have our unique personalities - I’ll take strange. Ruffling your feathers is all about motivating you to achieve more. I have been around since the start of this thread and noticed how hard you started trying when George ruffled those feathers. George was your Aussie trading guru and you became part of the cult as well. How much you have achieved since with Bishop has been a good read. ATR, extremes, cup is full , spicy sauce and some of the more recent features. I congratulate you on that. You do...
@Pip-Miner -- good post. And just to be clear, my reference to "Aussie" was sarcastic. It doesn't take a genius to notice you guys dominate the retail Forex world -- and I mean that in a good way. For a country with such a small population, I've always been curious as to how that came to be.

Yes -- I was a @George sheeple. He opened my eyes to MM manipulation and trading away from spikes. And the first time he froze his thread I was disappointed and decided to help his struggling family by creating an indicator to automate drawing TOPS / BOTTOMS -- i.e. his target levels. And then @George saw the attention this thread was receiving and, so, decided to reactivate. He and others on the Darkside continued to exhort their followers that indicators were useless, but things were still good-natured.

And then one day I posted that now that I understand about MM manipulation, how do I trade @George's methodology? What are the Entries and Exits? At that point the sh-t hit the fan and things devolved quickly thereafter. And you know that. And I also recall your post predicting that now that I'm no longer a @George sheeple then this thread would die -- you wanted to take credit for being the first to predict that. And as I was beginning to have some success with the early indicators you were also there to lecture me about my selfishness for not making the code Open Source. So -- I understand where you are coming from. You are what we know as a "taker". There's no harm in that. In fact, if it weren't for you "takers" then there wouldn't be any "givers" in the world, right? The world needs "takers" -- just, hopefully, not too many that you guys become the dominant personality.

It's not "spicy sauce" -- it's "magic sauce". And we both know that you know the difference. But you continue to use "spicey" because that's your style -- to put things down that you can't take credit for.

And as for my "dark side" -- that's for sure. Dude -- you have NO idea.

robots4me Aug 25, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 6155

I've just now updated the software for the BDX strategy...

R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 -- this is the indicator work horse. The EA's get their signals from this indicator.
R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4 -- this indicator is required by the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator.
R4M-BDX-DashboardEA.ex4 -- dashboard EA for manual trading
R4M-BDX-EA.ex4 -- single pair, auto-trading EA
R4M-BDX-AllPairs.ex4 -- multi-pair, auto-trading EA

I've uploaded new versions of the BDX software -- one indicator and 3 Expert Advisors. This is now version "2.00.19237". The software can be downloaded from the other thread -- "Custom Indicators for TMA-ADR Reversal Trading and BBMA" (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=920925). All indicators are bundled in a single *.zip file. Indicators must be installed under MT4's 'Indicators' folder and EAs must be installed under the 'Experts' folder. To avoid version skews, please make sure that all indicators and EAs come from the same *.zip file.

Changes:

* The main difference between this version and the previous one is the way in which Heiken Ashi transitions are detected. As you recall, Heiken Ashi transitions that occur above / below the ADR band are candidate Entry signals. In the previous version the algorithm detected HA transitions based on color change. However, the color of the most recent HA bars may flicker and, as a result, Entry markers could repaint. I don't think this had much affect on trading because, again, we trade in real-time -- and even if HA were to repaint there probably was a transition that subsequently changed its mind. In the latest version the algorithm does not rely on color changes to detect HA transitions and, hence, Entry markers no longer appear to repaint.

* Related to the change above, I've now included a standalone Heiken Ashi indicator called R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4. This is the standard Heiken Ashi indicator with a few very minor modifications. However, it is absolutely required since it is used by the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator. Previously the Heiken Ashi code had lived in the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator, but not it lives in the R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4 indicator.

* Removed a few diagnostic Alert messages that were only intended for me but that I forgot to remove in the previous version.

ONCE AGAIN -- in addition to the 3 EAs there are now two indicators -- R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 AND R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4. They both must be installed in the 'Indicators' folder.

robots4me Aug 25, 2019 7:07pm | Post# 6156

Message from the CFN (Chief Forex Nanny) regarding the use of lower time frames (LTFs)...

Please visit @bishopdotun's thread for the recommended settings for H1 / H4 and D1.
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12461813

I'll admit I was sort of seduced by M15 charts -- the Entry and Exit markings look excellent. However, occasional spikes will cause the SL to be hit. So this past week I experimented with different combinations of hybrid indicators to see if I could mitigate the effects of spikes and protect against hitting a SL. And I can add protection, but it comes with a price. The trade-off is that it also causes trades that would otherwise end as winners to exit prematurely. So, that experience, combined with the fact H1 / H4 and D1 are much less sensitive to spikes, then I've decided to abandon any further attempt at refining Exits. The Exit condition will remain as midline crossing or HMA transition, whichever comes first. Oh, yes, there is also TakeProfit -- and if you stick with H1 / H4 / D1 then that will be the primary means that most of your trades will close.

I have several live accounts and this past week I was trading the AllPairs EA on all of them -- of course, using the "great-looking" M15 charts. Turns out that while @bishopdotun was raking in the Pips, I was paying for my broker's kids college education. So -- I've learned my lesson. I'm the kid who has to touch the hot stove even after being warned. No more LTF for me -- just H1 / H4 / D1.

@bishopdotun and I did discuss the possibility of locking the indicator to just the higher time frames, but decided against it. Though we truly want people to succeed, we don't want to play forex policeman. The best lessons we learn are the ones we actually experience. So -- once you take a kick in the teeth then the light bulb goes on and you allow common sense to guide your choices. And the good news is that once you experience the pain of M15 then you don't need to fret that all is lost -- because you know you'll always have H1 / H4 / D1 to fall back on.

And @bishopdotun couldn't have made it any easier -- he posted screen shots of his H1 / H4 / D1 settings on this thread. Again, here is the link:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12461813

Vicente Aug 25, 2019 7:09pm | Post# 6157

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=robots4me;12463302]I've just now updated the software for the BDX strategy... R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 -- this is the indicator work horse. The EA's get their signals from this indicator. R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4 -- this indicator is required by the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator. R4M-BDX-DashboardEA.ex4 -- dashboard EA for manual trading R4M-BDX-EA.ex4 -- single pair, auto-trading EA R4M-BDX-AllPairs.ex4 -- multi-pair, auto-trading EA I've uploaded new versions of the BDX software -- one indicator and ference between this version and the previous one is the way in which Heiken Ashi transitions are detected. As you recall,

Good afternoon Steve. I just downloaded the new indicators and I get this message.

The input signals have disappeared

Thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.PNG
Size: 97 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1 VISUAL.PNG
Size: 82 KB

robots4me Aug 25, 2019 7:19pm | Post# 6158

I've just now updated the software for the BDX strategy... R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 -- this is the indicator work horse. The EA's get their signals from this indicator. R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4 -- this indicator is required by the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator. R4M-BDX-DashboardEA.ex4 -- dashboard EA for manual trading R4M-BDX-EA.ex4 -- single pair, auto-trading EA R4M-BDX-AllPairs.ex4 -- multi-pair, auto-trading EA I've uploaded new versions of the BDX software -- one indicator and ference between this version and the previous one is the
Hi @Vicente -- right. And you see the message says "Check MarketWatch". This alert occurs when the BDX strategy attempts to access information about a symbol that is not listed in the Market Watch window. MT4 prevents APIs from accessing information about symbols that are not listed in Market Watch. So the solution is to make sure that Market Watch includes all the symbols you intend to trade.

By default the dashboard and AllPairs EAs have 18 manually-inputed symbols. You have 3 choices:
1. Make sure all 18 are listed under Market Watch.
2. Edit the list and remove the ones you don't want.
3. Set the option 'Use Market Watch for pairs to trade' to 'true'

Vicente Aug 25, 2019 7:25pm | Post# 6159

{quote}{quote} Hi @Vicente -- right. And you see the message says "Check MarketWatch". This alert occurs when the BDX strategy attempts to access information about a symbol that is not listed in the Market Watch window. MT4 prevents APIs from accessing information about symbols that are not listed in Market Watch. So the solution is to make sure that Market Watch includes all the symbols you intend to trade. By default the dashboard and AllPairs EAs have 18 manually-inputed symbols. You have 3 choices: 1. Make sure all 18 are listed under Market...
Thanks Steve

Viktory Aug 25, 2019 10:07pm | Post# 6160

1 Attachment(s)
I've just now updated the software for the BDX strategy... R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 -- this is the indicator work horse. The EA's get their signals from this indicator. R4M-HeikenAshi.ex4 -- this indicator is required by the R4M-BDX-ADR.ex4 indicator. R4M-BDX-DashboardEA.ex4 -- dashboard EA for manual trading R4M-BDX-EA.ex4 -- single pair, auto-trading EA R4M-BDX-AllPairs.ex4 -- multi-pair, auto-trading EA I've uploaded new versions of the BDX software -- one indicator and 3 Expert Advisors. This is now version "2.00.19237". The software can be downloaded...
@robots4me -- I think the "Show Heiken Ashi Bars" option isn't working.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH4.png
Size: 100 KB

© Forex Factory