Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

Robot Trader May 15, 2019 5:36am | Post# 1581

{quote} @Robot Trader -- thank you for volunteering
Very good, but I don't know what I am looking for if your indicator will show then all then I will down load it and give it a go

rosalieone May 15, 2019 5:36am | Post# 1582

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} BTW -- your comment about a tick serving as a "scout" is really interesting. My time zone is calling me away. I'll check-in again tomorrow to see if you've learned anything new.
What a beauty ! look at that !
I would add a pacman music to it
Goodnight
Click to Enlarge

Name: beauty.png
Size: 55 KB

mades May 15, 2019 6:05am | Post# 1583

{quote} @mades -- not to be rude, but please understand I'm not going to respond further to coding suggestions from someone who has never coded an indicator. The way @cja's dashboard switches between symbols and TF's is the same way as the MT4 application. They use the same APIs. I'm familiar with mladen and forex-station -- great programmer and excellent site to find indicators. Coding a new indicator from scratch takes many hours. You don't go asking someone out of the blue to code a new indicator just for you. Clearly, you don't appreciate the...
So many wrong emotional assumptions you wrote.

How do your indis differ from standard ones? They come from forex-std/f-s folks and have unique features you won't find elsewhere.

Anyway good luck with your Indi and yes, I do appreciate the hard work you put into it and yes, I do have some coding experience and understand the mental performance behind it. And yes I have tried cja's dashboard. No need to respond.

hepsibah May 15, 2019 7:32am | Post# 1584

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if this thread is exclusively about indicators or about trying to spot opportunities that may fit with George's way of thinking. I wouldn't presume to have grasped more than a fraction but I have recently read George's entire thread and have been round the block a few times as it were (15 years+ trading) and think I can scratch the surface.

So I am a bit surprised no one is posting the GJ chart. The H4 chart broke out of the bottom of the 60/120 channel last week and price broke another H4 level a few minutes ago, presumably gobbling up the stops below. There is also a top fractal missing (but that is my own requirement). The 1min chart (I'm not sure I have the correct TMS settings for this) seems to have been giving quite a few opportunities already today.

But, as I say, I am only scratching the surface and I cannot yet see it 'as clear as water' as Mr Bluesteele but I live in hope.
If you prefer to leave this thread exclusively to the discussion of indicators and would prefer I delete the post, I will willingly do so with no hard feelings.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYH4.png
Size: 47 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM1.png
Size: 51 KB

Ronniefx May 15, 2019 8:02am | Post# 1585

My question is
What do we know when we touch a high or low
So if we a touch a high ? Does it mean we are going reversal once they touch the points.
I get fractrals inside fractrals.....but how do we know when. High point is near so that we can trade it as a advantage or have a edge using the his method....or simply guide me to the post I need to read....tks in advance

handy148 May 15, 2019 8:03am | Post# 1586

@r4me - fwiw if you have someone of the calibre of hepsibah on this thread then that can only be a good thing. No disrespect to any others on this thread.

Ronniefx May 15, 2019 8:12am | Post# 1587

{quote} Another Dejavu for me, Bro @Robots4me, we discuss this WRB-HiddenGap years ago in another trading platform (TradeStation) even they have commercial training on this..lol. Just googling WRB-HiddenGap, then later it will connecting to Auction Market Theory, etc..etc That also discuss here in FF with senior FF members like KG, Bandung, etc. But it's really nice that we re-discuss this again here, coz we should never stop learning. If you search on MQL Community, you will find this indicator both for MT4 and MT5 updated in 2016 while the original...
Thanks This was very helpful
Do have any other charts you have as examples...that you send me kindly tks

hepsibah May 15, 2019 9:10am | Post# 1588

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=hepsibah;12273494]I'm not sure if this thread is exclusively about indicators or about trying to spot opportunities that may fit with George's way of thinking.

So price broke the next H4 historical level down of 140.613 and had a good clearout below, are we now to see the move up for the MM to profit from the SL feast? On the H1 chart, the price broke the 60/120 channel on 13th May but the LL today did not break the 60/120 channel. Does this indicate that the move is running out of steam?

The M1 chart is starting to show signs of moving up so I will enter here. If it moves down again, I will be looking for a LL on the M1 where it does not break the previous lowest TMA band and then enter again.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYH4v2.png
Size: 40 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM1v2.png
Size: 44 KB

robots4me May 15, 2019 2:27pm | Post# 1589

I'm not sure if this thread is exclusively about indicators or about trying to spot opportunities that may fit with George's way of thinking. I wouldn't presume to have grasped more than a fraction but I have recently read George's entire thread and have been round the block a few times as it were (15 years+ trading) and think I can scratch the surface. So I am a bit surprised no one is posting the GJ chart. The H4 chart broke out of the bottom of the 60/120 channel last week and price broke another H4 level a few minutes ago, presumably gobbling...
If you prefer to leave this thread exclusively to the discussion of indicators and would prefer I delete the post, I will willingly do so with no hard feelings.

Hello @hepsibah -- glad to see you here and welcome your input. No need to delete your post.

The thread is not devoted exclusively to the discussion of indicators. However, it was an indicator that helped start the thread.

The thread was and still is inspired by the message @George shared -- and its direction has evolved during its short life. We've identified two types of target levels -- those created by TOPS and BOTTOMS and those created by liquidity gaps. Target levels created by TOPS and BOTTOMS serve to lure traders into thinking they are "support" and "resistance" levels -- i.e. safety nets -- to encourage buying, selling, moving stop losses in the direction the MM desires. Liquidity gaps are a different type of target level and probably do not serve as lures because they are more difficult to spot.

I think where we are at now is this: we are aware there is MM manipulation at work and we can see target levels. But it's not clear -- at least to me -- how best to use this information and incorporate it into a trading strategy that performs well.

robots4me May 15, 2019 3:12pm | Post# 1590

{quote} So many wrong emotional assumptions you wrote. How do your indis differ from standard ones? They come from forex-std/f-s folks and have unique features you won't find elsewhere. Anyway good luck with your Indi and yes, I do appreciate the hard work you put into it and yes, I do have some coding experience and understand the mental performance behind it. And yes I have tried cja's dashboard. No need to respond.
and have unique features you won't find elsewhere
Really? Okay -- then name 3 ("unique features").
@mades -- my post wasn't based on emotional assumptions -- I was calling out BS.
And you did it again in your most recent post. Come on -- name 3 "unique" features...

No need to respond
You insult me by referring to my comment as an "emotional assumption", and end yours with "No need to respond". If you don't want me to respond then:
a. Don't post a condescending comment.
b. Don't make statements you can't back up.
c. Don't tell me not to respond -- it's my choice whether or not to respond -- not yours.

TopCover May 15, 2019 4:35pm | Post# 1591

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I've long been a follower of Laurentiu Damir's theories of the market and I want to share this chart which has a couple of views on GAPS and TARGET levels and I'm proposing that there is actually a DIAGONAL aspect at play.....

Note the control (centre "fair-value" diagonal) runs through Gaps in price. Additionally I've marked a couple of Herd areas and the price moves away ran to the equidistant parallel diagonals which seem to be Target levels.

I raised this area of study a couple of times on the other thread.....

Dunno....seems like something to think about.

R4me - could there be a diagonal aspect to joining gaps or hidden gaps etc and NOT merely horizontal
Click to Enlarge

Name: Diagonal targets.png
Size: 51 KB

robots4me May 15, 2019 4:55pm | Post# 1592

Hello all, I've long been a follower of Laurentiu Damir's theories of the market and I want to share this chart which has a couple of views on GAPS and TARGET levels and I'm proposing that there is actually a DIAGONAL aspect at play..... Note the control (centre "fair-value" diagonal) runs through Gaps in price. Additionally I've marked a couple of Herd areas and the price moves away ran to the equidistant parallel diagonals which seem to be Target levels. I raised this area of study a couple of times on the other thread..... Dunno....seems like...
@TopCover -- interesting -- thanks for sharing the chart and explanation.

could there be a diagonal aspect to joining gaps or hidden gaps etc and NOT merely horizontal
Perhaps -- could be worth exploring. And I would consider adding it to the MMLiquidityGaps indicator. But before spending time doing that, I would request additional evidence or examples.

No doubt your chart looks interesting. But one difficulty I have with charts like these is -- what does it all mean? I mean, does the MM draw equidistant diagonal lines to determine prices? Do the lines align due to coincidence? Okay -- so you can spot a pattern -- what's the explanation for the pattern?

The more I think about liquidity, the more I appreciate the role it plays in prices -- both in terms of the Bid/Ask prices we see and also the target levels used by the MM. How / where does liquidity fit into your chart?

TopCover May 15, 2019 5:00pm | Post# 1593

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @TopCover -- interesting -- thanks for sharing the chart and explanation. {quote} Perhaps -- could be worth exploring. And I would consider adding it to the MMLiquidityGaps indicator. But before spending time doing that, I would request additional evidence or examples. No doubt your chart looks interesting. But one difficulty I have with charts like these is -- what does it all mean? I mean, does the MM draw equidistant diagonal lines to determine prices? Do the lines align due to coincidence? Okay -- so you can spot a pattern -- what's...
All I know R4me is that there seems to be a diagonal element to both MM target levels AND Liquidity Gaps. I currently feel much more secure in estimating where price might reverse after drawing these lines....
Click to Enlarge

Name: diag.png
Size: 47 KB

TopCover May 15, 2019 5:03pm | Post# 1594

Do as you will with the idea - I raised diagonals on the other thread and as I've said before was politely told it didn't fit with the methodology at that time - but that was long before the patriarch acknowledged Gaps (something I raised with you....)

Cheers

TopCover May 15, 2019 5:30pm | Post# 1595

1 Attachment(s)
A fair value area is an area where both buyers and sellers agree that the instrument or security is correctly priced considering the underlying fundamentals (the middle control line in my chart is the equilibrium level)

On a chart there could be horizontal value areas on a chart which stack as the value position changes. These can then form a moving value area for which diagonals can be used to connect them. When we see price poking out of the upper or lower lines that is "excess value" and are the extremes we could consider selling or buying at with a target of the control or middle line of the value area.

I don't know... there is just something familiar and related to the method we are considering and I keep coming back to it in terms of targets...

I never liked the need for TMAs and I'm not convinced they are necessary for successful trading. As you have said there may be other ways.... so my thoughts are in these directions at present.
Click to Enlarge

Name: diago.png
Size: 1.0 MB

robots4me May 15, 2019 5:36pm | Post# 1596

Do as you will with the idea - I raised diagonals on the other thread and as I've said before was politely told it didn't fit with the methodology at that time - but that was long before the patriarch acknowledged Gaps (something I raised with you....) Cheers

something I raised with you....
I last spoke with @George a couple of weeks ago, and that was the first time I heard about liquidity gaps. And, then, two minutes after that conversation had ended I checked this thread and saw the post from you about liquidity gaps. I don't think it was a coincidence -- my guess is that you and @George both work for the MM

TopCover May 15, 2019 5:42pm | Post# 1597

{quote} The more I think about liquidity, the more I appreciate the role it plays in prices -- both in terms of the Bid/Ask prices we see and also the target levels used by the MM. How / where does liquidity fit into your chart?
R4me - Laurentiu Damir proposes that the upper, lower and control value diagonal lines (or they can be horizontal,) are lines where there is powerful movement up and down or price. I'm suggesting that the Liquidity Gaps can/do occur at these intersections.

hepsibah May 15, 2019 5:43pm | Post# 1598

[quote=robots4me;12274520]{quote} {quote} Hello @hepsibah -- glad to see you here and welcome your input.

Thank you, I really appreciate your welcome. I also appreciate your aim here, I have developed (very rudimentary) indicators in the past to identify such things as HH/LL and what you are calling liquidity gaps (they were called mid bar transient zones in the Similarity thread) and I still use them today, along with fractals to identify possible targets.

But I think it is good to remember why we are developing them and highlight opportunities they are showing us along the way. The GJ example earlier was a gift on a plate with price returning to historical H4 lows and liquidity gaps showing above. All we had to do was wait until the 1min showed signs of an upturn and there was a move of around 80 pips around the corner.

So maybe people sharing potential opportunities they are spotting using the indicators would be no bad thing and would reinforce their value?

karabogerald May 15, 2019 5:51pm | Post# 1599

1 Attachment(s)
hey robots4me, thanks for the indi, but something is wrong with it, everytime i load it on the daily chart, on my side.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled.png
Size: 61 KB

robots4me May 15, 2019 6:04pm | Post# 1600

hey robots4me, thanks for the indi, but something is wrong with it, everytime i load it on the daily chart, on my side. {image}
@karabogerald -- as the error message says -- "D1 is not supported". The solution is to attach the indicator to a time frame lower than D1.

© Forex Factory