Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

Scchplendid Apr 24, 2019 3:12pm | Post# 121

{quote} From MM point of view, {image} Btw, IMHO Fractal (multi dimensional repeated pattern) in this case in relation with candle formation to indicate turning point, the shortest 'fractal' is not that 3 bars fractal, but single candlestick 'hammer' , 'reverse hammer', long legged doji or reverse long legged doji, or morning star or evening star. The configuration of price value of Open, High, Close, or Open, Low, Close is the 'shortest' fractal. In MT4 environment, of course the smallest (and shortest) fractal should be single M1 with long top...
Hopefully not too much of a silly question, how do you get H4 3-Bar Fractal lines on an M30 chart with the MM Detective indicator please? Did you do it manually e.g. mark over the line on a H4 chart that the indicator produced? Thank you.

It is okay, I have just read the latest posts (119 & 120) about this. Browser was a wee bit slow to refresh the page.

swd Apr 24, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 122

{quote} No I don't think that his template will make me trade better! Did I say that? I simply liked it...and was wondering if he could post it. How about you mind your own business, regards
You are a system hopping ex-FXCyborg leech. Settle down and do some hard work if you want to learn to trade. Otherwise you will never make it. I already have and I don;t much care for your opinion thanks. This is a public forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion so get tougher skin and face up to who you are and what you are doing.

Regards,
Paul

robots4me Apr 24, 2019 4:09pm | Post# 123

@Tripper, @swd -- hey fellows, do we really need to air this in public? The thread is about using indicators to gain a better edge on MMITS ("Money Maker In the Sky") price manipulation.

I appreciate both your interests in the thread and I look forward to your contributions -- but if you guys have some prior issue to settle then please take it offline. Thanks...

swd Apr 24, 2019 4:33pm | Post# 124

@Tripper, @swd -- hey fellows, do we really need to air this in public? The thread is about using indicators to gain a better edge on MMITS ("Money Maker In the Sky") price manipulation. I appreciate both your interests in the thread and I look forward to your contributions -- but if you guys have some prior issue to settle then please take it offline. Thanks...
No problem. We don't know each other but his first contribution to the thread is asking for someones unrelated template which triggered me as I see this sort of thing all the time. I will move on from it and continue to enjoy the thread, however I meant what I said.

Kind Regards,
Paul

robots4me Apr 24, 2019 5:11pm | Post# 125

...and continue to enjoy the thread...
@swd -- thanks for understanding. As for having a button pushed -- I totally get that. In fact, I'm probably more guilty than anyone else here. I think I may hold the record for number of times being temporarily suspended by FF. But you realize, of course, that it takes two to tango.

@swd -- both you and @Tripper are welcomed. Who knows, at some point down the line one (or both) of you may contribute something really insightful or innovative or different and you'll end up having to apologize and thank the other person. It happens to me all the time -- the part about later apologizing...

4fxonly Apr 24, 2019 5:47pm | Post# 126

2 Attachment(s)
@robots4me I'm posting something that might shed some more light on the 5000 bars theory. These 2 screenshots show the indicator set to 4500 and 5000. See what a difference only 500 bars can make? Let alone if we go down to even a shorter number... Basically at this point in time we don't see any bottom on that TF. That of course doesn't go to state that I was right and you were wrong because a similar situation can happen with 5000 bars as well and off course we have higher TFs to back us up, but the point of this exercise is that we do need a certain amount of older data to pinpoint those targets, and cutting down the number of bars too much might make the indi pretty much useless compared to a manual drawing. Now, when is it too much or too little? Easy: 5000 bars! hahaha Sometimes what looks good enough is not enough (forgive the pun and don't take me too seriously now )
Joking apart, I'll be waiting for that refresh button solution.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4500.png
Size: 18 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 5000.png
Size: 19 KB

4fxonly Apr 24, 2019 6:04pm | Post# 127

@robots4me
I hope you won't be mad at me for what I'm about to say but I have just done a few more tests and witnessed some results that are literally jaw-dropping: I have loaded swingman's indi set to 5000 bars on 9 charts (3 pairs) and there is no visible effect on memory, while with your indi set to 5000 I can't even finish loading it on all 9 charts as MT4 becomes so slow that it almost hangs up. So big kudos to the man. Just saying it for the sake of clarity, but I'm sure, since you can compare both codes, you will know how to fix the problem.

munchie Apr 24, 2019 6:16pm | Post# 128

Hi 4fxonly,
Amazing work from you .We all appreciate your time to test and compare chart to find out more about bars .Robots4me create code for 4fxonly to work with too. Thanks for everything.
Munchie

heispark Apr 25, 2019 12:28am | Post# 129

1 Attachment(s)
This is AUDJPY 4 TFs. How can I interpret this? Bullish in intraday?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-25_13-27-07.png
Size: 105 KB

Nih98 Apr 25, 2019 2:17am | Post# 130

1 Attachment(s)
This is AUDJPY 4 TFs. How can I interpret this? Bullish in intraday? {image}
Target Both..

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 111 KB

AUDJPY M15, with 3bars H4 Fractal lines and ascending Andre Pitchfork projection.

Regards
NIH

PS. Maybe I will try to create template on how to use Robots4me MM detective indicator, after final product release.

Merka Apr 25, 2019 3:41am | Post# 131

{quote} Target Both.. {image} AUDJPY M15, with 3bars H4 Fractal lines and ascending Andre Pitchfork projection. Regards NIH PS. Maybe I will try to create template on how to use Robots4me MM detective indicator, after final product release.
Nice chart setup and I concur with both targets.
Thanks

aaven Apr 25, 2019 4:06am | Post# 132

{quote} Target Both.. {image} AUDJPY M15, with 3bars H4 Fractal lines and ascending Andre Pitchfork projection. Regards NIH PS. Maybe I will try to create template on how to use Robots4me MM detective indicator, after final product release.
Nih98,

That would be really great...

Thanks a lot

munchie Apr 25, 2019 4:25am | Post# 133

Hi Nih98,
Yepppp I like any indi , charts ,colorful too from you.Appricate anything form Nih98
Respectful ,
Munchie

FinInsTrader Apr 25, 2019 5:02am | Post# 134

Hi Mr Robots4me,

Thank you very much for sharing the indicator, you have done a great job..

From what I understand in George thread, in the post where he explained about the target marking steps,
1) He start marking the weekly high/low at 4 hour TF.
2) Marking the Daily high/low at 1 hour TF
3) Marking the minor swings at 15 minute TF.

I would like to suggest, if you can modify your indicator to mark weekly and daily high/low that not yet taken out by price using different color then mark the minor swings using fractal method you currently use.I think that will reduce the amounts of line in the chart.

Thank you..sorry for any inconvenience I have cause.

Regards
FIT.

robots4me Apr 25, 2019 6:26am | Post# 135

To all -- I've uploaded a new version of the MM Detective indicator, which can be downloaded using the link in post #1. This new version fixes a bug reported by @4fxonly. Also, I think its performance is much improved -- thanks to @SwingMan.

I'm now moving on to creating a MTF version of the indicator that also supports higher level fractals for identifying the best TOPS and BOTTOMS.

matthew89 Apr 25, 2019 6:39am | Post# 136

To all -- I've uploaded a new version of the MM Detective indicator, which can be downloaded using the link in post #1. This new version fixes a bug reported by @4fxonly. Also, I think its performance is much improved -- thanks to @SwingMan. I'm now moving on to creating a MTF version of the indicator that also supports higher level fractals for identifying the best TOPS and BOTTOMS.
Thanks for the update and your dedication to creating free indicators mate, I'm looking forward to the MTF version. Thanks matey.

robots4me Apr 25, 2019 7:01am | Post# 137

You see my fractal settings. Strictly speaking there should be 2 lines there, unless I did something wrong. Can you comment please? Thanks.
@4fxonly -- I was able to reproduce the problem you first described in post #93. There was a bug caused by one of my fractal-computing routines not using the "LeftBars" and "RightBars" settings from the input dialog. This should be fixed in the updated version I mentioned in the post above.

Just noticed another oddity: that line shouldn't be there anymore...
@4fxonly -- another bug you first reported in post #94. Certain conditions must occur for a TOP or BOTTOM to be taken out and there was an occasional condition I was missing that allowed some lines to persist longer than they should have. I think this is now fixed.

I hope you won't be mad at me for what I'm about to say...
So big kudos to the man. Just saying it for the sake of clarity, but I'm sure, since you can compare both codes, you will know how to fix the problem.
@4fxonly -- no way would I be mad. The stuff you've been reporting is great. Look it -- when someone develops an indicator they are usually working alone -- a team of one -- both for developing and testing. And then you release it to FF and hundreds of people download it and start using it. Until the indicator has passed through the hands of more than one person (i.e. me) then I'd expect issues to occur because everyone uses it a bit differently under different conditions. I hadn't been paying much attention to performance because I've only been using it on one chart. So -- how old is this thread -- 3 days? And already the indicator is much, much better than the initial version I had uploaded because of reports like yours.

I took a closer look at @SwingMan's indicator because I, too, could tell its performance was much better. My approach (i.e. algorithm) for detecting fractals and subsequently removing stale ones looped through the data multiple times. @SwingMan is a very accomplished MT4 programmer -- and I saw from his source code that he processed the data more efficiently. In the latest version of MM Detective I've tried to mimic the way he does it. I think you'll find the latest version much improved in that respect -- but, if not, please let me know.

I'm now digging into an MTF version -- I want to be able to do things along the lines that @Nih98 describes. For example, compute TOPS and BOTTOMS at a higher time frame (e.g. H4) and display the lines on a lower time frame (e.g. M30).

aaven Apr 25, 2019 7:05am | Post# 138

To all -- I've uploaded a new version of the MM Detective indicator, which can be downloaded using the link in post #1. This new version fixes a bug reported by @4fxonly. Also, I think its performance is much improved -- thanks to @SwingMan. I'm now moving on to creating a MTF version of the indicator that also supports higher level fractals for identifying the best TOPS and BOTTOMS.
Thanks Robots4me for sharing your hard work to the community... Much obliged brother...

robots4me Apr 25, 2019 7:14am | Post# 139

From what I understand in George thread, in the post where he explained about the target marking steps,
1) He start marking the weekly high/low at 4 hour TF.
2) Marking the Daily high/low at 1 hour TF
3) Marking the minor swings at 15 minute TF.
I would like to suggest, if you can modify your indicator to mark weekly and daily high/low that not yet taken out by price using different color then mark the minor swings using fractal method you currently use.I think that will reduce the amounts of line in the chart.
@FinInsTrader -- thanks for the good word -- appreciate it.

As for how to mark-up the charts -- I'm hoping the indicator will be flexible enough for people to use however they wish. By the time I finish the MTF version you should be able to combine lines from different time frames. As for marking weekly and daily TOPS and BOTTOMS that are still alive in a different color -- I like that idea. I should have an MTF version completed by this time next week -- if I forget to include this feature please feel free to remind me.

robots4me Apr 25, 2019 7:52am | Post# 140

Basically what hits our eyes in a strong way should be more relevant and raise our attention. Again, eyes (and brain) are still the most unbeatable tool.
@4fxonly -- you made a comment a few posts back (post #98) that I thought was interesting (a) because you stated it as given, and (b) I don't necessarily agree (at least not yet). You bring up an important issue that goes to the heart of why even bother using an indicator to mark-up charts if your eyes and brain are so superior. I'm curious to learn how others think of this -- hence, this post.

For the moment, let's set aside the point that an indicator can do it faster. For the sake of argument, let's assume it takes the same amount of time for you to manually mark a chart or have an indicator do it. Which would you choose -- manual or indicator? @4fxonly -- I know you would choose 'manual'. At this point, I would choose 'indicator' -- and I'd like to explain why. And I'm also curious whether anyone else has given this much thought.

The fact you are reading this thread means you've bought into the notion the market is manipulated in some way -- i.e. a MM "in the sky" (MMITS). Who or what that exactly is, I don't know and it makes no difference to me. All that matters is that it happens. Our purpose here is we hope to gain an "edge" by better understanding what the MMITS is doing. @George referred to the MM's psychology -- as if it were some evil banker, hiding in a cave, sitting in front of a screen and drawing lines on a chart to make prices go up and down. I seriously doubt it happens that way. Rather, I assume the manipulation is driven by a complex set of algorithms. This is further supported by the fact many people have observed and reported on repeating patterns, Fibonacci numbers, and fractal nature of market prices. For something this complex and which repeats -- the concept of fractals is perfect -- it also lends itself to computerization. So, if the MMITS is using an algorithm to manipulate prices then what better tool to use than the same one they use, right? In other words, it seems to me we are more likely to identify the same targets (TOPS and BOTTOMS) as the MMITS by using a (fractal-detecting) algorithm than our subjective eyes and brain. No doubt our eyes and brain are excellent tools -- but not only would each of us mark-up the chart in different ways, but also our markings are likely to be different than what the MMITS is doing. That's why I've chosen to go down the path of using a fractal-seeking indicator and why I'm intrigued with @SwingMan's idea of using higher-level fractals to better identify strong TOPS and BOTTOMS.

Thoughts? Comments?

© Forex Factory