Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

Valuejager Aug 27, 2019 9:18am | Post# 6241

{quote} You are trying so hard to make a point. But clearly, you need to read more about the logic. 1. There is no entry signal on that bar. 2. The exit signal is on that bar. Therefore execution will be on the open tick of the next bar. Trade decisions are taken at the close of the bar. Exit should happen on the next bar Again you are wrong. Valuejagers needs to respond to the requests.
--Valuejagers needs to respond to the requests--

@bishopdotuns -Did I miss something- ?

see post# 6234

cyd09 Aug 27, 2019 9:39am | Post# 6242

1 Attachment(s)
my first tp! thank you!

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 115 KB

bishopdotun Aug 27, 2019 9:45am | Post# 6243

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} --Valuejagers needs to respond to the requests-- @bishopdotuns -Did I miss something- ? see post# 6234
Can you please zoom the candlestick chart. The chart is looking entirely different from mine.

There are 3 possibilities:

- You have 2 EAs using the same magic number. One on a lower TF and the other on H1. So while H1 is signalling entry, the one on a LTF is signalling exit. See shots below. There is no exit signal on my H1. But several on M15 and M30.
- The ticks from your broker is totally messed up. I really dont know how that could have caused this
- You are switching between TFs on the chart the Allpairs EA is on

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 15.31.30.png
Size: 1,013 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 15.38.24.png
Size: 1.1 MB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 15.38.47.png
Size: 1.1 MB

Can you check for error messages during the period and send a screenshot?

Blackeagle Aug 27, 2019 10:18am | Post# 6244

1 Attachment(s)
my first tp! thank you! {image}
Hi Steve, I have a question re. this GBPCAD trade. I had the same trades, two long trades. As you can see from my chart first position hit TP (0.4 ADR) and second position was exited when price hit the midline, although my TP was at 1.62711. As far as I remember (please correct me if I am wrong), you said positions would be exited either by TP or midline (no need to mention your backup exit here), whichever comes first. So in my case, midline came first and position closed.

But cdy09's chart shows that both positions have been exited by TP (0.4 ADR) (his second position closed by TP, too, instead of midline). Would you please explain what might cause this difference at exits (same pair, looks like same ADR settings, same time frame, same entries, same TPs sent to the broker, but different exits)?

Regards,
Blackeagle
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD-2H1.png
Size: 82 KB

Valuejager Aug 27, 2019 10:35am | Post# 6245

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: proof4.png
Size: 38 KB

Broker`s ticks are messed up.....
So problem is local on my side, big cap after 2 aug.

Sorry for your time and trouble. This was my fault.

bishopdotun Aug 27, 2019 10:52am | Post# 6246

{quote} Hi Steve, I have a question re. this GBPCAD trade. I had the same trades, two long trades. As you can see from my chart first position hit TP (0.4 ADR) and second position was exited when price hit the midline, although my TP was at 1.62711. As far as I remember (please correct me if I am wrong), you said positions would be exited either by TP or midline (no need to mention your backup exit here), whichever comes first. So in my case, midline came first and position closed. But cdy09's chart shows that both positions have been exited by...
Are you using the same broker?

Blackeagle Aug 27, 2019 11:20am | Post# 6247

{quote} Are you using the same broker?
I cannot tell cdy09's broker from his chart, but entry prices, SL and TP figures from his chart are all the same. Exit price for 1st position is the same, the difference is the exit price of the second position. Even if we trade with different brokers, EA's logic of exiting "whichever comes first" should work, and from his chart it is clear that his second position was closed at 0.4 ADR instead of midline. On my live trades, whenever price hits midline, if 0.4 ADR TP is above (for buy) / below (for sell) midline, position is closed.

Regards,
Blackeagle

Valuejager Aug 27, 2019 11:39am | Post# 6248

1 Attachment(s)
After all Fresh installation of everything , it still not looks the same..
Time for a change in broker...
Click to Enlarge

Name: proof5.png
Size: 41 KB

bishopdotun Aug 27, 2019 12:00pm | Post# 6249

{quote} I cannot tell cdy09's broker from his chart, but entry prices, SL and TP figures from his chart are all the same. Exit price for 1st position is the same, the difference is the exit price of the second position. Even if we trade with different brokers, EA's logic of exiting "whichever comes first" should work, and from his chart it is clear that his second position was closed at 0.4 ADR instead of midline. On my live trades, whenever price hits midline, if 0.4 ADR TP is above (for buy) / below (for sell) midline, position is closed. Regards,...
"EA's logic of exiting "whichever comes first" should work."

Where has it not worked?

How many times do you want to be told that execution of signals is on the next bar? Is it that difficult to see?

Is it really hard to understand that broker feeds are different?

TP and SL are broker dependent. The broker executes that regardless of the EA. If price jumps and hits the TP before EA executes logic whose fault is that?

In your case, the first trade was closed by TP while the second was closed by midline. Is there any problem with that?

It can't be difficult to read up BDX release post by @R4M to solve your doubts.

Ciao.

robots4me Aug 27, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 6250

{quote} Hi Steve, I have a question re. this GBPCAD trade. I had the same trades, two long trades. As you can see from my chart first position hit TP (0.4 ADR) and second position was exited when price hit the midline, although my TP was at 1.62711. As far as I remember (please correct me if I am wrong), you said positions would be exited either by TP or midline (no need to mention your backup exit here), whichever comes first. So in my case, midline came first and position closed. But cdy09's chart shows that both positions have been exited by...
As far as I remember (please correct me if I am wrong), you said positions would be exited either by TP or midline (no need to mention your backup exit here), whichever comes first.

Hello @Blackeagle -- TP (and SL) always take precedence -- they are registered with the broker at the time a position is opened. There is no code to implement TP (or SL). So, here are the possible ways for a trade to Exit:

1. TP (this is good)
2. SL (this is bad)
3. midline crossing or HMA transition, whichever comes first. Midline crossing is good, HMA transition may save you from SL. If you look at a chart the red 'x's are candidate midline crossings and the blue and purple 'x's are HMA transitions.

EDIT: I am at the airport with time to kill, so I decided to expand on @bishopdotun's post above, redundant as it may be. When you attach the BDX indicator to a chart all the markings are there. Yellow ADR bands, blue midline, purple and blue dots, red x's, purple and blue x's. X's are Exits, and dots are Entries.

EDIT: Another thing -- I would only trade forex symbols. I'm not familiar with metals and I would treat their trading behavior as "undefined". If you want to trade them that's up to you, but if you see unexpected behavior I wouldn't be able to help.

EDIT: Now there may still be bugs lurking, but I'm at the point where I'm pretty confident the EAs are doing the right thing. Also, the EAs take their signals from the BDX indicator. So, if the markings that that BDX indicator draws on your chart make sense then I expect the EAs to execute them faithfully. The EAs will will not do anything without a signal from the indicator.

EDIT: There is a lot of computing going on -- especially with the dashboard and AllPairs EAs. There may be occasional repainting issues -- but I believe it is no longer something to be concerned with. Repainting occurs in the past -- we trade in real-time (the current). Consider this -- we don't need to see the chart to the left of the current bar -- that's all history and is totally irrelevant. MT4 shows historical bars and markings because humans like to see pretty colors and graphics. But they are only graphics that represent old data.

And @Blackeagle -- this long post isn't directed at you. You've been great and most supportive. I'm just using your post as an opportunity to get people to focus on how well the software works rather than trying to find things that don't make sense to them. If something doesn't make sense my response will be either to (a) live with it, or (b) figure it out on your own, or (c) move on to a different thread. My point is that it is time to accept the software works as expected or choose to pass on it. I'm not going to be fiddling with the logic anymore.

Theobaaws Aug 27, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 6251

2 Attachment(s)
Hi again! Been a while since I last posted something here, think my last (and so far only) post was back in the days when we still where trying to figure out Georges 'secret' TMA settings so like I said it's been a while haha.. and a lot has happend and evolved with this thread since then (for the good).

I've been following this thread religiously from the start and read ALL the comments one by one up until this date and just need to give R4M and Bishop a BIG THANK YOU for all the work that you guys has put into this project and for the entire FX community. I'm forever greatful to you guys! You guys should definitely list your favorite charity organizations at the first post of each of your threads so that we who use the R4M BDX ea and indicator can send some of our profits to it to show our graditude haha!

Below I've posted the profits the R4M BDX ea (newest version on a live account) has harvested for me since monday and it works like a charm! I've not encountered any bugs or anomalies with the ea nor the indi so far. Some of the trades I closed manually tho. It's like Bishop says, this is not the holy grail, it has losing trades, but I'm sure that in the long run this edge will give us some neat profits if used correctly...

And before I go just a salty comment to all the lazy baby traders.. Jesus christ read through the whole thread and take notes like the majority of us has done before you annoy R4M or Bishop with lazy questions that has already been anwsered... In my opinion R4M should minimize all of you straight away...

Happy Trading and Peace Out!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 165 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 161 KB

Isensefx Aug 27, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 6252

Good day to all,
Please, help me as BDX EA is opening and closing multiple trades instantly when loaded on chart. I had to quickly remove it to stop the process.
Any solution to that please?

tophat4d Aug 27, 2019 3:18pm | Post# 6253

Good day to all, Please, help me as BDX EA is opening and closing multiple trades instantly when loaded on chart. I had to quickly remove it to stop the process. Any solution to that please?
I am also new to this page but I've read the whole 313 pages. I'd please read through it all as this issue has arisen recently so please spend some time looking back. I get the feeling that too many simple Q's are asked of the developers who have repeatedly answered before.

I hope you get sorted and regards from the UK.

Mark

bishopdotun Aug 27, 2019 4:23pm | Post# 6254

Good day to all, Please, help me as BDX EA is opening and closing multiple trades instantly when loaded on chart. I had to quickly remove it to stop the process. Any solution to that please?
When you think there is a bug do the following:

- Think and be sure you are not doing something wrong
- Post full chart screen shot
- Post error logs for the period
- Post screenshots of the trades in the terminal window with time stamps

pantera1 Aug 27, 2019 4:25pm | Post# 6255

Turn off "AutoTrading" while you figure it out.

benjun9 Aug 27, 2019 6:01pm | Post# 6256

I am sure it's on your end. Most of us don' t have that problem and the BDX EAs are working fine. Pls. read the thread and you can figure it out.

Blackeagle Aug 27, 2019 9:41pm | Post# 6257

{quote} {quote} Hello @Blackeagle -- TP (and SL) always take precedence -- .... And @Blackeagle -- this long post isn't directed at you. You've been great and most supportive. I'm just using your post as an opportunity to get people to focus on how well the software works rather than trying to find things that don't make sense to them. If something doesn't make sense my response will be either to (a) live with it, or (b) figure it out on your own, or (c) move on to a different thread. My point is that it is time to accept the software works as expected...
Thank you for all your hard work. Always appreciated. It is always a pleasure to read your kind and civil (unfortunately uncommon here on FF) responses. I always trusted your work, if not I wouldn't trade it on my live account.

I just wanted to share my observation re. the same trade but different outcomes (one exits at TP, other exits at midline) between two users, that's all. It might be something important or just a one-off thing, I have no idea. I did it for the sake of giving you a feedback. From now on, first I'll do your option (b) and then option (a).

Regards,
Blackeagle

Degsie Aug 27, 2019 11:23pm | Post# 6258

Hi Theobaaws

Good work there. I like the charity reference, nice vibes. What was your timeframe (presume 1hr) and settings on your trades this week?

Regards

Degsie

robots4me Aug 27, 2019 11:32pm | Post# 6259

{quote} Thank you for all your hard work. Always appreciated. It is always a pleasure to read your kind and civil (unfortunately uncommon here on FF) responses. I always trusted your work, if not I wouldn't trade it on my live account. I just wanted to share my observation re. the same trade but different outcomes (one exits at TP, other exits at midline) between two users, that's all. It might be something important or just a one-off thing, I have no idea. I did it for the sake of giving you a feedback. From now on, first I'll do your option (b)...

@Blackeagle -- thanks for accepting my post in the spirit it was given. To be honest, I didn't take a close look at the details of the two outcomes.

If an outcome is TP that means BDX had no control -- the broker closed the trade. If the outcome is midline crossing that's the best possible result and means BDX did its job. Depending on the settings, TP and midline crossing could be very close to one another and a small difference in broker data could cause TP to be hit before midline or vice-versa. This part of the code is simple and if different outcomes were to occur then I would attribute it to the data. If there were different outcomes of TP versus SL then I would be more concerned -- though that is still possible, depending on differences in broker data.

joshuayip Aug 27, 2019 11:59pm | Post# 6260

Awesome work, i ve tried twice and it worked fine, but working in my VPS server always stops, server time freeze and didnt move, any idea? Regards!
Been running vps on the latest All pairs with 3 instances of MT4 with H1,H4 and day setting from BD. Seems to be working fine till now

© Forex Factory