Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

bishopdotun Jul 12, 2019 6:02am | Post# 4821

{quote} Hi R4M, Question regards BD's Post 4810 A basket of Sell trades closed at the far left lower band and then I see 2 Buy trades not sure what triggered Ticket 40048076, but that is not the reason for my post. There was another Buy opportunity marked with a Blue dot 4 steps up from the Right, so is it possible for the EA to handle a Buy while still dealing with open Sells. One way of doing this would be to have a parameter that you can pick the Buy or Sell option and then you load the EA twice on the same chart one instance set to Buys only...
2 things:

- When the EA gets an opposite buy signal, it closes all shorts. That's why you see a buy at the same time the shorts were closed.
- Not all signals on the chart appeared in real time. If there is no trade at a signal, it is either the spread is higher than the threshold I set or the signal appeared due to shifting bands.

If you dont change TF or close a chart, after a while you will see the foot prints of the shifting bands.

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 6:04am | Post# 4822

{quote} Hi R4M, Question regards BD's Post 4810 A basket of Sell trades closed at the far left lower band and then I see 2 Buy trades not sure what triggered Ticket 40048076, but that is not the reason for my post. There was another Buy opportunity marked with a Blue dot 4 steps up from the Right, so is it possible for the EA to handle a Buy while still dealing with open Sells. One way of doing this would be to have a parameter that you can pick the Buy or Sell option and then you load the EA twice on the same chart one instance set to Buys only...
@Robot Trader -- with the current implementation the EA will not handle BUYS and SELLS at the same time. If there are open SELLS and a new BUY signal is generated then all the SELLS (with the same MagicNumber) are first closed. And only then will it open a new BUY position. This is the "emergency" (or Fail-Safe) Exit that @bishopdotun referred to earlier.

you load the EA twice on the same chart one instance set to Buys only trades and the other set to Sells only trades.
MT4 allows for only one EA per chart. It would need to be a second chart.

Then we can be trading in both directions and not missing trades setups.
I don't think we are missing any setups. The fact a SELL was open at the time a BUY signal occurred will not prevent a BUY trade from being opened.

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:05am | Post# 4823

{quote} @jdva -- since I can see the previous trades then I don't think this is the boundary case I mentioned above. Since it occurred at the time of a large price drop then could it be due to slippage?
It can't be slippage since it open after the big bar was closed

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:09am | Post# 4824

Could we have the EA to only open a new trade if the last bar closed outside the bands?

jdva Jul 12, 2019 6:09am | Post# 4825

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @jdva -- since I can see the previous trades then I don't think this is the boundary case I mentioned above. Since it occurred at the time of a large price drop then could it be due to slippage?
Maybe...in the case of GC it looks like a nice scaling in...

Click to Enlarge

Name: R4M EA GC.png
Size: 59 KB

Robot Trader Jul 12, 2019 6:10am | Post# 4826

{quote} @Robot Trader -- with the current implementation the EA will not handle BUYS and SELLS at the same time. If there are open SELLS and a new BUY signal is generated then all the SELLS (with the same MagicNumber) are first closed. And only then will it open a new BUY position. This is the "emergency" (or Fail-Safe) Exit that @bishopdotun referred to earlier. {quote} MT4 allows for only one EA per chart. It would need to be a second chart. {quote} I don't think we are missing any setups. The fact a SELL was open at the time a BUY signal occurred...
Yes sorry I meant 2 charts same pair same TF, OK I see I have not been keeping up to speed Sell closes when triggered by a Buy signal if another exit parameter does not kick in first.

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:20am | Post# 4827

2 Attachment(s)
Testing the New all pair EA, but it seems like it takes the trade late?
I was watching the AU and when the price closed outside the EA did't take any trades, so I open one manually, but 2 bars later then I see the EA has open 2 trades see pic.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AU test 5 min.png
Size: 251 KB
Name:  AU test 5 min settings.png
Views: 378
Size:  11 KB

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:24am | Post# 4828

Just to inform you about the repainting issue, the bands will not move for 240 minutes if you used 240m on 5 min chart.
Agree?

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 6:25am | Post# 4829

{quote} It can't be slippage since it open after the big bar was closed
{quote} It can't be slippage since it open after the big bar was closed
@El1000 -- good eyes. Okay, I'm going to blame it on repainting...

Seriously, that big bearish bar might pull the upper TMA band down far enough such that the Open price is above the down-shifted upper band, resulting in a new SELL order.

Anyone buying that as an explanation? Going once, going twice...

Even though the SELL order appears to have opened too late, it is still above the midline -- right? So, it would still likely end as a win.

However, now that you bring it up perhaps there is another check. Perhaps I should add a check to make sure that any SELL order is above the midline and any BUY order is below the midline. In that way it may provide some protection when these big bars occur. What do you think?

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:29am | Post# 4830

On the All pairs EA are you sure the momentum filter is set to false in default?

jdva Jul 12, 2019 6:38am | Post# 4831

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} @El1000 -- good eyes. Okay, I'm going to blame it on repainting... Seriously, that big bearish bar might pull the upper TMA band down far enough such that the Open price is above the down-shifted upper band, resulting in a new SELL order. Anyone buying that as an explanation? Going once, going twice... Even though the SELL order appears to have opened too late, it is still above the midline -- right? So, it would still likely end as a win. However, now that you bring it up perhaps there is another check. Perhaps I should...
I'll hope to get more often such "late" entries from the EA... thx R4M

Click to Enlarge

Name: AU.png
Size: 46 KB

Edit: in the meantime closed for 90 pips...

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 6:43am | Post# 4832

On the All pairs EA are you sure the momentum filter is set to false in default?
@El1000 -- here's a snippet of code:

if (true == ApplyMomentumFilter)
{
DoMomentumCombo(Symbol(), Period(), iMaxBars);

}

All pairs are treated the same and execute the same code. Also, when back testing, the with / without filter gave results consistent with what I expected. "With filter" had a little better stats, but lower net profit. "Without filter" gave a little worse stats, but with higher profit. So, I'm pretty sure it's working. But, look it, the code is like 48 hours old. It was only tested on my machine before releasing to y'all. So -- there could be a bug, but at this point I don't have much to go on.

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:44am | Post# 4833

2 Attachment(s)
Why does the EA not take any trades here?
Click to Enlarge

Name: AU test 2 5 min.png
Size: 244 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AU test 2 5 min settings.png
Size: 73 KB

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 6:51am | Post# 4834

1 Attachment(s)
Just to inform you about the repainting issue, the bands will not move for 240 minutes if you used 240m on 5 min chart. Agree?
I was wrong see Picture it repaint every 5 min.
Click to Enlarge

Name: repainting.png
Size: 40 KB

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 7:01am | Post# 4835

Then why does the EA not take any trades here? {image} {image}
@El1000 -- is the indicator using the same same settings as the EA?

A little background -- sorry if you already know this -- I'm just explaining for some who may not. All the signal logic resides in the indicator -- none in the EA. Behind the scenes, for each pair, the EA loads the indicator and passes it the parameters you had entered in the EA's input dialog box. Those are what the indicator will use. All this happens invisibly.

So -- to answer your question -- I don't know. However, I would request that you confirm the EA and the standalone indicator are using the same settings.

In the next version I may have the indicator display its current settings on the chart, similar to the EA, to make it easier to confirm that everyone (i.e. standalone indicator and EA) are on the same page.

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 7:04am | Post# 4836

Just to inform you about the repainting issue, the bands will not move for 240 minutes if you used 240m on 5 min chart. Agree?
@El1000 -- that's correct. If an indicator uses the H4 time frame then it will get a new bar once every 4 hours. Nothing changes until it gets a new bar.

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 7:10am | Post# 4837

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @El1000 -- is the indicator using the same same settings as the EA? .
Same settings:
Click to Enlarge

Name: same settings.png
Size: 125 KB

bishopdotun Jul 12, 2019 7:11am | Post# 4838

{quote} @El1000 -- that's correct. If an indicator uses the H4 time frame then it will get a new bar once every 4 hours. Nothing changes until it gets a new bar.
This does not apply to the RBA indicator. It will respond to the ADR calculations. May shift up or down depending on price movement for the day.

robots4me Jul 12, 2019 7:13am | Post# 4839

{quote} I was wrong see Picture it repaint every 5 min. {image}
@El1000 -- are you sure? By any chance did your server time just pass another H4 interval? I don't think the 240 TMA bands update every 5 minutes. Although it's 4am for me, so I have an excuse if things are getting a bit fuzzy.

El1000 Jul 12, 2019 7:13am | Post# 4840

{quote} @El1000 -- that's correct. If an indicator uses the H4 time frame then it will get a new bar once every 4 hours. Nothing changes until it gets a new bar.
see my post 4834, it's like @bishopdotun says

© Forex Factory