Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

vgdev4616 Jul 11, 2019 10:49am | Post# 4761

what is the password for simple bar 10a

parisboy Jul 11, 2019 11:11am | Post# 4762

what is the password for simple bar 10a
may be "george"

Vicente Jul 11, 2019 1:47pm | Post# 4763

Found another one same problem (same settings) Edit: I will try to find a pair that I can test in real time, to see if the EA is working live and this is only bug for stratergy tester. {image}

Good morning. I had the same problem with several EAs. Download a demo from a different broker. In 2 runners I did not work, so look for a third party.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 2:18pm | Post# 4764

1 Attachment(s)
Check this out...

I've been working on another EA. This one is automated to trade ALL pairs. Sort of similar to the dashboard EA, but fully automated. I just wanted to test that it was opening and closing trades so I attached it to a M5 chart using @skyway's setting. The settings have not been optimized in any way. All pairs are treated the same. Look at the 'Profit' column.

Click to Enlarge

Name: AllPairsEA-AccountHistory.png
Size: 146 KB

EDIT: So -- as @skyway spends hours of screen time worrying about his next M5 setup, I go take a nap and when I wake up there are dozens of trades with 0.80 WinRatio...

pipcruiser Jul 11, 2019 2:27pm | Post# 4765

Check this out... I've been working on another EA. This one is automated to trade ALL pairs. Sort of similar to the dashboard EA, but fully automated. I just wanted to test that it was opening and closing trades so I attached it to a M5 chart using @skyway's setting. The settings have not been optimized in any way. All pairs are treated the same. Look at the 'Profit' column. {image}
____

Holy moly amigo..

PC

cardm3n Jul 11, 2019 2:41pm | Post# 4766

Check this out... I've been working on another EA. This one is automated to trade ALL pairs. Sort of similar to the dashboard EA, but fully automated. I just wanted to test that it was opening and closing trades so I attached it to a M5 chart using @skyway's setting. The settings have not been optimized in any way. All pairs are treated the same. Look at the 'Profit' column. {image}
Is this using BB% as filter? You mentioned that you were noodling around with using it. I love that indicator.

cardm3n Jul 11, 2019 2:43pm | Post# 4767

Actually, while I'm asking, I haven't been able to find a version with push notifications for my manual trading. What are the chances you could add that at some point? Pretty much the only thing missing from it.

hoss Jul 11, 2019 2:47pm | Post# 4768

{quote} Is this using BB% as filter? You mentioned that you were noodling around with using it. I love that indicator.
I haven't been able to locate that particular BB% indicator. The one I found looks nothing like the one Skyway is using. Would someone be kind enough to post that one? Thank you so much.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 3:05pm | Post# 4769

{quote} Is this using BB% as filter? You mentioned that you were noodling around with using it. I love that indicator.
@cardm3n -- I have added a momentum filter (though not BB%) but it was not enabled during my test run. This was intended as simply a quick-and-dirty test to see if the EA traversed pairs and opened / closed orders. I really wasn't interested in the results. Considering the types of results many others are getting under different conditions, then perhaps this good result isn't so surprising.

And this brings up another issue that both @RickM and @skyway have touched on -- though indirectly.

A lot of what @RickM posts goes over my head, but I know he trades portfolio EAs and doesn't worry about each individual setup. His EAs make 100's or 1000's of trades over the course of a year and all that matters is whether or not there is a profit. He can have an EA with a WinRatio of 0.4 and still double his account every year. And I agree with that whole-heartedly because that's how I've been trading and have seen that as well.

On the other hand, if you are a manual trader who sits in front of the screen waiting for the perfect setup then, of course, you want to be perfect because each trade is important.

My point is this -- with an EA trading 28 pairs we are taking the "shotgun" approach and looking to make lots of trades and not worry about perfection. This issue will come up again shortly when I release the next version that includes a momentum filter. When manually trading lower time frames (LTFs) then an additional filter probably is important -- and it can be the one I've built-in or it can be BB% or whatever you like (since you are trading manually). But when using the "shotgun" approach then I'm not so sure about the benefit of using a filter -- because by increasing the strictness of which signals are actually traded, then you will also end up ignoring signals that would have ended up being winners. Does that make sense?

EDIT: In post #4718 I shared a screen shot comparing 3 momentum-type indicators -- @Nih98's FX RSI, Vdub_BB% and Stochastic Momentum Index (SMI) -- here's a link:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...0#post12375910
They are all the same. I don't mean exactly the same -- rather, when you apply them to different charts you'll see that sometimes one seems to work a little better than another, but when you switch charts then the other one works better. It might be that visually one is more appealing, but algorithmically I don't think one performs better than another. However, I will say this about @Nih98's indicator -- it has stood the test of time. Anything @Nih98 creates and uses should be considered "golden".

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 3:08pm | Post# 4770

Actually, while I'm asking, I haven't been able to find a version with push notifications for my manual trading. What are the chances you could add that at some point? Pretty much the only thing missing from it.
@cardm3n -- have you checked the settings? You can choose from 3 types of alerts -- Popup dialog box, Push notifications, and sound. I haven't been able to test it that well. I'm curious whether others can confirm either that it works or doesn't work.

munchie Jul 11, 2019 3:23pm | Post# 4771

Hi Cadm3n,

Is this using BB% as filter? You mentioned that you were noodling around with using it. I love that indicator.

If you still need BB% indicator you can go to Vdub's profile ,you will see he had it at Vdub. BB mq4 for you to change setting the way Skyway ( it is not exactly like him but you can use it.Hope it help

cardm3n Jul 11, 2019 3:43pm | Post# 4772

{quote} @cardm3n -- have you checked the settings? You can choose from 3 types of alerts -- Popup dialog box, Push notifications, and sound. I haven't been able to test it that well. I'm curious whether others can confirm either that it works or doesn't work.
I may be using a different version than what you have. Mine does not have those options unfortunately. Would you be able to post a link to what you are using? Or if you are willing, the I indicator itself. Pretty please!

I also agree with your previous post. When it comes to automated trading, sometimes the "Shotgun" method works best. Sometimes, not so much. It all depends on the strategy. What we have been seeing though has been pretty great. This is probably one of the accurate shotguns.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 3:43pm | Post# 4773

R4M...sorry for interrupting the ADR discussion, but I keep liking the Spikehunter as well. With filters it provides good trades...f.i. on M30 Unfortunately the alert function does not work stable enough, sometimes it works sometimes not. On the chart below it did not work, maybe because of the higher CPU consumption!? Is there a SH EA still on your radar? {image}
@jdva -- I like SpikeHunter, as well. If the alert isn't working I don't think it is due to CPU consumption -- more likely a logic error. I'll revisit this and re-work it for the next release. But I'll place the burden on you to let me know whether or not it works as expected.

Is there a SH EA still on your radar?
Probably not. As a friend mentioned to me the BD strategy is his "last bus stop". I think it is mine as well. I mean -- I like the SpikeHunter indicator and put a lot of time into it, but I don't think it compares with the BD strategy. One way to look at it is the SpikeHunter indicator evolved to the BD indicator. Leveraging code from SpikeHunter I created the BD indicator in a few hours. And, really, the main difference is how the upper and lower bands are offset from the midline. SpikeHunter uses an ATR Multiplier, whereas BD uses ADR. Using ADR (plus using a higher time frame to draw the upper and lower bands) is the key.

alblive Jul 11, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 4774

{quote} @cardm3n -- have you checked the settings? You can choose from 3 types of alerts -- Popup dialog box, Push notifications, and sound. I haven't been able to test it that well. I'm curious whether others can confirm either that it works or doesn't work.

Yes all alerts working fine on my end.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 3:47pm | Post# 4775

{quote} I may be using a different version than what you have. Mine does not have those options unfortunately. Would you be able to post a link to what you are using? Or if you are willing, the I indicator itself. Pretty please! I also agree with your previous post. When it comes to automated trading, sometimes the "Shotgun" method works best. Sometimes, not so much. It all depends on the strategy. What we have been seeing though has been pretty great. This is probably one of the accurate shotguns.
Would you be able to post a link to what you are using?]
@cardm3n -- all indicators and EAs are bundled in a *.zip file that can be found at the other thread -- "Custom Indicators for TMA-ADR Reversal Trading and BBMA". Here's a link: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=920925

When it comes to automated trading, sometimes the "Shotgun" method works best.
Yes -- that's the way I think of it.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 3:49pm | Post# 4776

{quote} Yes all alerts working fine on my end.
@alblive -- excellent, that's a big relief -- thank you for letting me know.

dotman Jul 11, 2019 4:10pm | Post# 4777

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,
I want to once again appreciate R4M and BD for this great opportunity. God bless. I have been trading this method for a couple of day now and I haven't had such serial successful trades I am enjoying now. However I trade manually since I don't know how to go about setting up the autotrading.
I close my trade when I feel I should.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capturee.PNG
Size: 32 KB

YoungET Jul 11, 2019 4:36pm | Post# 4778

1 Attachment(s)
Good to see you guys continue to progress! Been my first week back to properly trading after taking the prior two weeks off. Not following the BD strategy exactly, as those of you who have read my prior posts know I enjoy manual top-down analysis with harmonics, I've found myself incorporating the oldtimer M1 TMA created way back for my trigger. Here are this week's results;

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 12 KB

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 4:37pm | Post# 4779

Hi Everyone, I want to once again appreciate R4M and BD for this great opportunity. God bless. I have been trading this method for a couple of day now and I haven't had such serial successful trades I am enjoying now. However I trade manually since I don't know how to go about setting up the autotrading. I close my trade when I feel I should. {image}
@dotman -- very nice -- I am glad to hear about your good results. Thank you.

robots4me Jul 11, 2019 4:39pm | Post# 4780

Good to see you guys continue to progress! Been my first week back to properly trading after taking the prior two weeks off. Not following the BD strategy exactly, as those of you who have read my prior posts know I enjoy manual top-down analysis with harmonics, I've found myself incorporating the oldtimer M1 TMA created way back for my trigger. Here are this week's results; {image}
@YoungET -- good to see you back...

© Forex Factory