Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 5:06pm | Post# 4201

Ok.... on JP suggestions and R4M request, I will be creating a sub-thread to log the following:

- The logic of the strategy
- Supporting evidence (thanks to @Parisboy)
- The indicator (thanks to R4M)
- Indicatorís origin (thanks to @NIH98)
- Rules on entries and exits
- Ideas on improvement
- Other stuff of interest

The goal is to have just one simple indicator and not more. No codes grammar, no teasers, no ego, no bickering, no insults. Just a thread to learn and make pips.

mixedbags Jul 2, 2019 5:06pm | Post# 4202

{quote} Parisboy, I was quoted by Jax. Not my intention to disturb whatever that is going on here.
ah, 1 more tip for you

Quasimodo Pattern

this is all you need - nothing new under the sun.

JaxPacific Jul 2, 2019 5:10pm | Post# 4203

Yeah. don't have time for that. Not trying to be a d**k. I'm just saying.. contribute to this thread, or speak your piece once and go. And that's generous. If you like this George guy, go spend time with him on whatever he is doing. That should be the end of it. Forex Factory is 60% high school which overlaps with 80%+ of people who are on some magical hunt who don't know how to trade.. which overlaps into 90% of people who don't actually contribute and think their way of demo trading is superior which leaves 10% or less of Contributing people who actually trade successfully. But that number is probably less because once people learn how to make money.. the drama of this place isn't worth sticking around.

So your rebuttal kind of proved my point. If you have a convo or a point to make with someone.. pm them. If you have something to contribute here.. do it. If there is a drama and vent thread about whomever you have a beef with, hang out there and have a drama fest. And if you like George.. go help him out, and more power to that thread working. Maybe I'll even check it out and see if I have 2 cents that could improve it.. But that's the crux of making FF a better place. Contribute, keep threads clean. Leave the highschool stuff at home. Every other page someone is talking about a pseudo feud.

Lastly.. I am contributing, I feel no need to prove that to someone who is making my point for me.. and I have suggested a cleaner way to do what is already being done, and if that was lost on you, I'm not sure further elucidation will help. No hard feelings. Just some straight advice from trading a decade and a half and avoiding FF. This is what drama does.. sucks other people into drama.

Anrod Jul 2, 2019 5:14pm | Post# 4204

{quote} @Anrod -- yes, of course. And the current version does support "Push" notifications -- or, at least it should. If it seems not to be working please let me know.
Push notifications are working fine, a lot of setups just came in! Thanks!

aaven Jul 2, 2019 5:22pm | Post# 4205

Yeah. don't have time for that. Not trying to be a d**k. I'm just saying.. contribute to this thread, or speak your piece once and go. And that's generous. If you like this George guy, go spend time with him on whatever he is doing. That should be the end of it. Forex Factory is 60% high school which overlaps with 80%+ of people who are on some magical hunt who don't know how to trade.. which overlaps into 90% of people who don't actually contribute and think their way of demo trading is superior which leaves 10% or less of Contributing people who...
"...... speak your piece once and go. "

That's exactly what i did, if only you bothered to read before jumping to conclusions and quoting me-. On the contrary, you have reinforced my point.

Anyway, please carry on- I am letting things be. So good luck.

Thanks

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 5:28pm | Post# 4206

Ok.... on JP suggestions and R4M request, I will be creating a sub-thread to log the following: - The logic of the strategy - Supporting evidence (thanks to @Parisboy) - The indicator (thanks to R4M) - Indicatorís origin (thanks to @NIH98) - Rules on entries and exits - Ideas on improvement - Other stuff of interest The goal is to have just one simple indicator and not more. No codes grammar, no teasers, no ego, no bickering, no insults. Just a thread to learn and make pips.
@bishopdotun -- beautiful -- thank you.

No codes grammar, no teasers, no ego, no bickering, no insults.
What about sarcasm? Please -- just a little bit?

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 5:34pm | Post# 4207

{quote} ah, 1 more tip for you Quasimodo Pattern this is all you need - nothing new under the sun.
@mixedbags -- very interesting...

https://www.profitf.com/articles/for...ver-and-under/

anhthu049 Jul 2, 2019 5:35pm | Post# 4208

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @anhthu049 -- I'm not sure but I think you are off by a factor of 10. To me it looks like each position is down around 15 pips. We're all experimenting -- it's not like anyone here has a crystal ball -- we're all in the same boat. I assume this is a Demo account -- so, wait and see how it plays out.
Sorry I am trading on a live account. In order to ensure the safety, my account has exited 02 transactions after teaching. I still let an old transaction continue to check. For me personally, I found the method above effective, clear. I agree with you, we should put an additional 10 pips or more. Because the above transactions all have prices poked through ADR, up to 200 pips and then passed down and follow the strategy. For profit, while waiting for the price to hit the middle line, we end the trade. However we can manage it by accepting the initial 50-70% profit instead of 100%. I think it's effective and ensures successful transactions.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 10.png
Size: 145 KB

mixedbags Jul 2, 2019 5:51pm | Post# 4209

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: LIwQS8Q.png
Size: 23 KB

I'm more careful. sometime it sails without me.

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 5:55pm | Post# 4210

Summary of posts on R4M-BD-ADR Strategy

- 3865, 3867: Intro to the R4M-BD Strategy
- 3892, 3898: Why ADR bands over centered MA
- 3914: Detail trading rules
- 3957, 3958, 3973: Intro to trade manager
- 4016: Notes on dashboard
- 4040: Notes on repainting
- 4050: Notes on scaling trades & MM
- 4054, 4085, 4099: Validation of strategy
- 4057, 4062: Notes on exit due to midline shift
- 4127: Entries, Repainting & ADR bands
- 4145, 4155: Notes on how signals work

Key Suggestions on improvements
- 4153: Dynamic Entries & Lot sizing
- 4171, 4173, 4174: Alternative exit options

Aussi Jul 2, 2019 6:05pm | Post# 4211

{quote} Jax Pacific, I am a fan of George- The so called "Drama" is an overarching theme about people and their entitlement. Case in point- "Anyway. Could we have a thread log of 1) current trading rules and method 2) rules and methods under review and testing. And then you guys can just be the gatekeepers on that. It should pretty much be just a one page thing eh? Even if it was jus a google docs link or something. Submitted finding, ideas and reviews and the group collab still stays here and the most active thread participants can filter and you...
after reading you need to get a life mate stop being a crybaby your opinion sucks and means nothing , these guys are doing a great job in creating some thing real or cant you see that , george closed his thread and which is a shame i closed mine but we all moved on except you

anhthu049 Jul 2, 2019 6:06pm | Post# 4212

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} - Read the rules again. - Wait for the exit signal. - Manage your lot sizes. Remember, It's your money. Note: This is only a tool to find better entry zones. It is not a holy grail.

1. Trade spacing is defined by pips and should be a % of the ADR
  2. So if ADR is 100 and I am using a trade spacing of 25%, it means that I will take the next trade signal only if the signal appears at least 25 pips below the last trade.
  3. So trade spacing is based on pair ADR characteristics.

Thank you, I missed this. The transaction was very useful at me also on new transactions.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 10.png
Size: 145 KB

mixedbags Jul 2, 2019 6:23pm | Post# 4213

Summary of posts on R4M-BD-ADR Strategy - 3865, 3867: Intro to the R4M-BD Strategy - 3892, 3898: Why ADR bands over centered MA - 3914: Detail trading rules - 3957, 3958, 3973: Intro to trade manager - 4016: Notes on dashboard - 4040: Notes on repainting - 4050: Notes on scaling trades & MM - 4054, 4085, 4099: Validation of strategy - 4057, 4062: Notes on exit due to midline shift - 4127: Entries, Repainting & ADR bands - 4145, 4155: Notes on how signals work Key Suggestions on improvements - 4153: Dynamic Entries & Lot sizing - 4171, 4173, 4174:...
Summary of posts on R4M-BD-ADR Strategy
Intro to the R4M-BD Strategy
Intro to the R4M-BD Strategy
Why ADR bands over centered MA
Why ADR bands over centered MA
Detail trading rules
Intro to trade manager
Intro to trade manager
Intro to trade manager
Notes on dashboard
Notes on repainting
Notes on scaling trades & MM
Validation of strategy
Validation of strategy
Validation of strategy
Notes on exit due to midline shift
Notes on exit due to midline shift
Entries, Repainting & ADR bands
Notes on how signals work
Notes on how signals work

Key Suggestions on improvements
Dynamic Entries & Lot sizing
Alternative exit options
Alternative exit options
Alternative exit options

acetrader Jul 2, 2019 6:25pm | Post# 4214

{quote} ah, 1 more tip for you Quasimodo Pattern this is all you need - nothing new under the sun.
Hi Mixedbags, saw your post & just had to respond. That is a good pattern that I trade when I see them. Not my trading focus, but they are there. Have often wondered why an indicator for this pattern has never been seen. Have no coding skills, so not sure of the level of difficulty it would be to code it. Best trades to you.

mixedbags Jul 2, 2019 6:40pm | Post# 4215

{quote} Hi Mixedbags, saw your post & just had to respond. That is a good pattern that I trade when I see them. Not my trading focus, but they are there. Have often wondered why an indicator for this pattern has never been seen. Have no coding skills, so not sure of the level of difficulty it would be to code it. Best trades to you.
R4M Detective is good enough BUT now let us focus on R4M BD

JaxPacific Jul 2, 2019 7:13pm | Post# 4216

{quote} R4M Detective is good enough BUT now let us focus on R4M BD

R4m detective looks like fractals. In my experience, fractals can help eyeball trendlines or zones, but that's not really what they are for. Bill Williams trading coined their use for reversals and breakouts to the opposite side.

If we want to use targets or bounce points, honing the liquidity gaps indicator would be a good move.

Sam seiden has a lot of stuff on that on youtube. Even if someone doesn't trade that way.. being able to spot them on a chart will make your trading better. I love the liquidity gaps indicator. Anything that spots proper order flow and S&D will help a trader. Anything else is fake S&R. It's just not quite refined enough to use quite yet imo. lots of potential.

Inserted Video

Inserted Video

Edit: Just for any novice traders, I want to clear up some thing as I am re-listening to those videos. I don't typically agree with the concept of trading with the trend. I agree with finding the starting point of a new trend however short or long that may be.. unless autotrading probability and just trying to take a chunk out of the middle. In short- Trend is really strong buying or selling that came in to push the market that is sustained in the background until stopping volume and enough profit taking comes in to re enter an order accumulation or reaccumulation period. Trend has too broad of a definition for my liking. Most false education just says .. MA say trend dis way.. me trade trend. Most my overposting just comes from me trying to be careful not to steer anyone wrong.

Scott2locky Jul 2, 2019 7:58pm | Post# 4217

{quote} {quote} @Scott2locky -- I appreciate your comments but, seriously, what if I had responded to you with "Just take a look at my previous posts...". What your response tells me is you aren't to be taken seriously -- that is, you aren't interested in sharing, or providing insight, or helping to test or even to learn. It's just to draw attention to yourself because you have XX years trading experience and XXXXX years screen time. Okay -- I acknowledge you.
Wow. I've been nothing but respectful to you and the thread. I don't need acknowledgement as you can see I very rarely post just because of situations like this. What I was referring to about previous posts was the screenshots already posted on this thread and was not going re-post something that would take <1min for @bishoopdotun to look for. But no problem dude, best of luck with your project/thread.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 8:06pm | Post# 4218

{quote} Wow. I've been nothing but respectful to you and the thread. I don't need acknowledgement as you can see I very rarely post just because of situations like this. What I was referring to about previous posts was the screenshots already posted on this thread and was not going re-post something that would take <1min for @bishoopdotun to look for. But no problem dude, best of luck with your project/thread.
@Scott2locky -- my apologies if I misinterpreted you intentions -- it's not the first time that's happened. As I'm sure you are aware, there are a lot of big egos here at FF and they've trained me to shoot first and ask questions later.

Yes, you have been respectful. But your response to @bishopdotun came across as too condescending. Again -- my apologies.

skyway Jul 2, 2019 9:07pm | Post# 4219

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a look at liquidity gap together with BD and Nih SweetSpot.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.PNG
Size: 65 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.PNG
Size: 61 KB

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 9:43pm | Post# 4220

Here's a look at liquidity gap together with BD and Nih SweetSpot. {image} {image}
@skyway -- I'm not sure what you are trying to highlight. But it looks to me like the BD strategy continues to do the right thing.

© Forex Factory