Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 9:18am | Post# 4161

{quote}.. The other thing it does when opening every additional trade (in the grid) is counts the number of pips from the current price to the Mean and if the original trade(s) are losing money it calculates their loss (based on the current Mean position being the dynamic TP) and then opens a lot size big enough to cover the loss of the original trade(s), should PA return to the Mean from its current level. It does this for every new trade until PA returns to the Mean....
Brilliant.....RT is running too fast. Super.

I will leave the timer out. I agree on the dynamic lot calculation while other exit conditions remain in place.

R4M will take that when it's the right time.

Now we are testing the validity of the bands and entries. Till now, it's looking too neat.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 9:22am | Post# 4162

The price surpassed ADR, but the unexpected result is that all three transactions above 100 pips. What should I do in this case? Escape to take a loss of 400 pips or continue to wait for reversal and fall according to the predicted strategy: the price will return to the middle of the center. {image}
@anhthu049 -- I'm not sure but I think you are off by a factor of 10. To me it looks like each position is down around 15 pips.

We're all experimenting -- it's not like anyone here has a crystal ball -- we're all in the same boat. I assume this is a Demo account -- so, wait and see how it plays out.

Scott2locky Jul 2, 2019 9:22am | Post# 4163

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} oh...yeah... Sir, I get it now. I love what I am seeing at the moment. I don't want to clutter the screen or add anything. You might consider printing the purple dot only after close of the candles above the line. Thus, the arrow become redundant and wont be needed. Otherwise, I like it as it is. For exits, think about my last comment, I want out 1 or 2pips above the blueline. No delays. @Parisboy already explained how it aligned with the Centre of Gravity. And the price action around the area shows that. Edit: Your last post solved the...
I've offered this simple profit taking solution multiple times before...I was in the same trade as you.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 32 KB

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 9:23am | Post# 4164

The price surpassed ADR, but the unexpected result is that all three transactions above 100 pips. What should I do in this case? Escape to take a loss of 400 pips or continue to wait for reversal and fall according to the predicted strategy: the price will return to the middle of the center. {image}
- Read the rules again.
- Wait for the exit signal.
- Manage your lot sizes. Remember, It's your money.

Note: This is only a tool to find better entry zones. It is not a holy grail.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 9:25am | Post# 4165

{quote} oh...yeah... Sir, I get it now. I love what I am seeing at the moment. I don't want to clutter the screen or add anything. You might consider printing the purple dot only after close of the candles above the line. Thus, the arrow become redundant and wont be needed. Otherwise, I like it as it is. For exits, think about my last comment, I want out 1 or 2pips above the blueline. No delays. @Parisboy already explained how it aligned with the Centre of Gravity. And the price action around the area shows that. Edit: Your last post solved the...
How am I sure it will send the instruction to the proxy EA?

@bishopdotun -- you don't, yet. I'm working on it...

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 9:27am | Post# 4166

{quote} I've offered this simple profit taking solution multiple times before...I was in the same trade as you. {image}
Thank you.

Show me a full chart with 5 more cases where this exit option (close at yesterday's high) has worked and given better exit than the ones printed by the indi.

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 9:28am | Post# 4167

{quote} {quote} @bishopdotun -- a purple dot is drawn only after a Close is above a band. But we don't trade on Closes. Instead, we wait for the Open tick of the newest bar. If that tick is also above the band, then an Arrow is drawn. That is, an Arrow is associated with the Open tick of the newest bar. There is always the possibility that a Close is above a band but the Open is below. In that case there would be a purple dot associated with the Close but no Arrow would appear. Using dots and an Arrow was my way of distinguishing between the Close...
Yes

Scott2locky Jul 2, 2019 9:29am | Post# 4168

{quote} Thank you. Show me a full chart with 5 more cases where this exit option (close at yesterday's high) has worked and given better exit than the ones printed by the indi.
Just take a look at my previous posts on this thread. I can't comment on if they are "better->pips" than the indi. It is not just yesterday high/low but also pivots. Whichever comes first.

LongBTC Jul 2, 2019 9:33am | Post# 4169

Steve,

Not sure if this is mentioned yet but it would come in really handy if the indi had a notification for the exit signal just like the notifications for the entries. Your work is much appreciated!

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 9:36am | Post# 4170

Hi Steve, Appreciate your tireless efforts, mate. Although I am reading every post, I might have missed a couple of things, therefore I have the following questions: 1- Is it possible to add an option to turn "Short Pays Bid - Long Pays Ask" lines off? Do they serve a specific purpose? 2- I see "NAN_HorizontalLineSegment" object on my chart? How do we use it? Should it be visible on the chart? If not, is it possible to put an option to turn it off? Regards, Blackeagle
Hi @Blackeagle -- they don't serve any purpose, just visual cues for me -- they'll be gone the next version. With the BD strategy it seems like I wouldn't use them anyways.

Blackeagle Jul 2, 2019 9:48am | Post# 4171

{quote} ... Show me a full chart with 5 more cases where this exit option (close at yesterday's high) has worked and given better exit than the ones printed by the indi.
A different exit option; Weekly step ADRs serve really well for trend direction, steps down, trend down. So, if trend is down when we have a short trade, then the exit will be opposite ADR line instead of midline. If we have a long trade when steps are down, then exit will be the midline. Sometimes price moves in one direction without touching the opposite ADR which means trading in trend direction and exiting with huge profit. This will increase the risk reward ratio dramatically. And this trend definition is not subjective and can be integrated into prospective EA easily.

Regards,
Blackeagle

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 9:53am | Post# 4172

{quote} A different exit option; Weekly step ADRs serve really well for trend direction, steps down, trend down. So, if trend is down when we have a short trade, then the exit will be opposite ADR line instead of midline. If we have a long trade when steps are down, then exit will be the midline. Sometimes price moves in one direction without touching the opposite ADR which means trading in trend direction and exiting with huge profit. This will increase the risk reward ratio dramatically. And this trend definition is not subjective and can be integrated...
Show a few examples on a zoomed chart. That will provide more clarity.

Blackeagle Jul 2, 2019 10:01am | Post# 4173

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Show a few examples on a zoomed chart. That will provide more clarity.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Blackeagle
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYH4.png
Size: 126 KB

Blackeagle Jul 2, 2019 10:09am | Post# 4174

1 Attachment(s)
Another chart. More than 100 pips difference between two exits. Maybe trading multiple positions and exiting one of the positions at midline and running the remaining position with trend to exit with my recommendation.

Regards,
Blackeagle

EDIT: Of course we have to forward test to see how repainting issue will affect this option.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSDH4.png
Size: 104 KB

YoungET Jul 2, 2019 10:11am | Post# 4175

{quote} @bishopdotun -- aaahhh -- perhaps our use of the word "signal" differs. The blue and purple dots are NOT signals -- they are the "pre-signal" where the Close[0] (i.e. Ask) had reached above the band. Only if the subsequent Open is also above the band then it receives an Arrow. The Arrow is what I've been treating as the "Signal". Only the current bar should ever have an Arrow associated with it. An Arrow goes away at the beginning of the next bar. The previous purple and blue dots may or may not have had an arrow when they were the current...
I understand your sole focus is currently on BD, but when using SpikeHunter, for example the 15M on CADCHF; it gave me two spiking signals at the present time in price, fast forward two hours later and those two spikes are no longer marked with purple dots. Is this due to it using TMA Centered?

mixedbags Jul 2, 2019 10:34am | Post# 4176

{quote} $12[Low Minuscule Amount] to Million
Hey, give this a try -

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=920925

1 tips I give you -

shift the detective lines to the right of the chart manually, don't be lazy and you will get FFreak stop loss indicators.

as for those dump money indicator at the bottom of his chart be boundless in your thinking you will get them everywhere.

parisboy Jul 2, 2019 10:40am | Post# 4177

3 Attachment(s)
Entry Signal should be at close of the candle. So Entry signal should get a delay of one candle. {image} Why? This will help us even further reduce the impact of possible repainting. The way ADR and bands work, it is often set around midday/midweek. Now when price action is pushing price up, we may expect the bands to move. Once the price pushes faster than the bands and closes above it, there is every chance that now we have reached a point where the band is set. This position of price becomes interesting because of the assumption that price have...
@bishopdotun - here you are ! That is the automated strategy for Lazy Traders !

You are a brilliant mind
Robots4me is a brilliant coder
I am just brilliant too (Robots4me has even written that! )

Automatized Reversal strategy is difficult - nobody knows when and if the outer limit will be crossed in both directions Up then down or conversely.

But for a brilliant coder it is easy to detect when the Midline is crossed in both directions . You can even modelize it and draw statistics about Stop Losses, False Positive, Risk reward etc

Incidentally Jim Hurst called this strategy Mid-Band Trading (1970)
Click to Enlarge

Name: MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 1.png
Size: 847 KB
Name:  MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 2.png
Views: 719
Size:  868 KB
Name:  MID-BAND TRANSACTION TIMING 3.png
Views: 717
Size:  822 KB

aaven Jul 2, 2019 10:49am | Post# 4178

{quote} @aaven -- you just said it yourself -- $12-to-$1000000" sounds ridiculous. @George has never done it, @moodybot has never done it. @bluesteele has never done it. Just because he exhorts people to be "creative" makes it true? Here's an example -- I claim I can dunk a basketball in a 10-foot hoop. You think that's ridiculous? You're wrong -- think boundlessly!! You ask for proof that I can dunk? Well, you must be a <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult>. Yep -- I'm getting up there in age. And you think that...
Steve,

No one put me to it.

I found value in George's work, It was a post in good faith from me-Please don't read too much into it. Good Luck with your project.

Thanks

Anrod Jul 2, 2019 10:50am | Post# 4179

Hi r4m,
would it be possible to add an email alert to your indicator? They are a blessing for the lazy trader . I would really appreciate it!

YoungET Jul 2, 2019 12:20pm | Post# 4180

Also one small issue with SpikeHunter that seems to be slightly annoying. It's fixed to TMA Centered, and when switching to M1 TMA it doesn't remove the prior graphical dots etc from TMA Centered. Then when switching timeframe it diverts back to TMA Centered. Would it be possible to have it remove and redraw any graphical signals and remove prior dots when switching between the different TMA's & Keltner ATR, and prevent it from switching back to TMA Centered when changing timeframes?

© Forex Factory