Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

parisboy Jul 2, 2019 6:39am | Post# 4121

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} @parisboy -- the one thing I keep having trouble grasping is that you can only draw these pretty sine waves in hind sight, right? So, yes, I can see that price follows a certain pattern, but that pattern is not necessarily available to me at the time I need to press the BUY | SELL button. If you say that timing is not important to you -- well, then, okay. However, for a lot of us Entry is important and it makes a difference.
I never said or wrote that Timing is not important to me.

Some Lazy Traders on this thread seem not to have read my Power Point presentation on the subject of Time and even least my thread and labelled Fractal structure of TIME and Price.

Key is the Division by 8 of :

- the Price Range
- the Time Frame

because one of Gann's key concept is "when Price and Time "Squares" (are balanced), you are close to a Directional Change"

Correct Scaling is the Key for Price as For Time
2 FRACTAL STRUCTURE OF TIME AND PRICE ENGLISH 17.pptx

parisboy Jul 2, 2019 6:44am | Post# 4122

{quote} Hello Steve, If it's alright with you-i would like to offer some perspective from my side. 1. I had the opportunity to have George walk me through the $12[Low Minuscule Amount] to Million- Logically what George says {from my perspective} makes sense- but i have no reservation in admitting i was out of my depth with such advanced money management plan. That is high level professional grade stuff- useful in the hands of pro's. There was no teasing/"look i have something-but you won't get it"- The key takeaway from the "$12-1Million" was to...
Congratulations for your recent promotion as George's First Loudspeaker and Public Relations Manager !

Anrod Jul 2, 2019 6:45am | Post# 4123

{quote} Correlation
Because some people had problems running the indicator and R4M mentioned that he improved the performance, i thought i would share my results.

aaven Jul 2, 2019 6:55am | Post# 4124

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Congratulations for your recent promotion as George's First Loudspeaker and Public Relations Manager !
Well, i respect your opinion Parisboy.

But also introspect this:

George offered to speak with Steve and spend time in helping Steve's objectives. Straight forward and no BS.

What have you offered Steve that was remotely useful-The thread is 200 pages long- You have attached snapshots of textbook chapters on Gann, Octaves,MM,Cycles etc......

But did you offer or can you offer anything that Steve actually used? the answer is no.

How many posts has Steve said to you, "Parisboy, How can use the above information"-Steve got so sick that the message wasn't getting to you, he stopped saying that and just lets you post what you want and he just goes by his business.

That's the difference between you and Geoge: You can take one year to guide Steve and even then it is not guarnteed that his trading will improve by 10%
George can spend/True Professional Trader can spend even one hour and can change your life forever.

Summary-of-W-D-Gann-Techniques-of-Analysis.pdf

YoungET Jul 2, 2019 6:58am | Post# 4125

{quote} @LongBTC -- thanks. I'll be interested to learn how things work in your hands. @LongBTC -- it's been a quick change of gears from SpikeHunter, right? I might return to SpikeHunter but, if not, it was time well spent. What we / I learned from working on the IRUTM and SpikeHunter indicators allowed us to quickly transition to @bishopdotun's strategy. The strategies are similar -- i.e. trading away from spikes -- the main difference is using the ADR offset and weekly TF to compute the upper and lower bands. It sort of solves the "false positives"...
I'm personally using both. No need to give up on SpikeHunter; it can easily be implemented into a strategy by using it as a lower timeframe trigger to jump on a bigger 4hr/daily BD wave.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 6:59am | Post# 4126

{quote} Hello Steve, If it's alright with you-i would like to offer some perspective from my side. 1. I had the opportunity to have George walk me through the $12[Low Minuscule Amount] to Million- Logically what George says {from my perspective} makes sense- but i have no reservation in admitting i was out of my depth with such advanced money management plan. That is high level professional grade stuff- useful in the hands of pro's. There was no teasing/"look i have something-but you won't get it"- The key takeaway from the "$12-1Million" was to...
@aaven -- I respect your post, but I really don't want to spend too much time answering in depth.

As someone who buys into @George's $12-to-$1000000-in-48-weeks trading plan, there is nothing I or anyone could possibly say to you other than you are not here for trading purposes. You are here for companionship. Which is fine -- so am I. But I'm here for other reasons, as well.

It's best I leave things there. Again -- good luck with @George et al.

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 7:06am | Post# 4127

2 Attachment(s)
Entry Signal should be at close of the candle. So Entry signal should get a delay of one candle.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Entry Signal at close of candle.png
Size: 715 KB

Why? This will help us even further reduce the impact of possible repainting.

The way ADR and bands work, it is often set around midday/midweek. Now when price action is pushing price up, we may expect the bands to move. Once the price pushes faster than the bands and closes above it, there is every chance that now we have reached a point where the band is set. This position of price becomes interesting because of the assumption that price have overshot its fair value.

In the current implementation, the position of the signal is following the price action which shouldn't be the case. We want the signal only after price have closed and above the band confirming the over extension of price around that area.

Should we enter immediately: Yes I will for each close of candle above the band. A similar approach is to take the first signal and take new trades each time a candle closes below open price and above the band. I have already explained scaling the trades in previous posts.

What about repainting? Well the fact that the signal was printed outside the band for the previous signals show us that price does revers to the midline. From spending time in front of the screen watching the bands, I can tell that yes the bands move but the reversal is almost certain.

Also without doubt, we know price will touch the midline at least once a week giving us the opportunity to exit. If you are not sure, just apply a custom MA, set to 1 on weekly timeframe. See how price hugs the line tightly. That's the edge. At some point during the week, price will touch the midline.

Click to Enlarge

Name: price hugs W1.png
Size: 551 KB

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 7:08am | Post# 4128

{quote} Well, i respect your opinion Parisboy. But also introspect this: George offered to speak with Steve and spend time in helping Steve's objectives. Straight forward and no BS. What have you offered Steve that was remotely useful-The thread is 200 pages long- You have attached snapshots of textbook chapters on Gann, Octaves,MM,Cycles etc...... But did you offer or can you offer anything that Steve actually used? the answer is no. How many posts has Steve said to you, "Parisboy, How can use the above information"-Steve got so sick that the message...
@aaven -- @parisboy brings a lot to the table and I frequently acknowledge his posts. Plus, his sense of humor is worth more than the price of admission. In fact, I would pay money to listen to him lecture me about my lazy trading.

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 7:18am | Post# 4129

1 Attachment(s)
Interests:

Click to Enlarge

Name: viewing.png
Size: 84 KB

I guess this answers a lot of questions for you Steve. Make the best choice regarding invitations to join other people's party.

Trading isn't a complex business. If it can't be explained simply enough...... (complete it)

Targets, Levels, Herd Mentality, Sine wave, ADR, SD Zones e.t.c. Just chose one that works for you and make pips.

Good luck with your choices.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 7:19am | Post# 4130

Interests: {image} I guess this answers a lot of questions for you Steve. Make the best choice regarding invitations to join other people's party. Trading isn't a complex business. If it can't be explained simply enough...... (complete it) Targets, Levels, Her Mentality, Sine wave, ADR, SD Zones e.t.c. Just chose one that works for you and make pips. Good luck with your choices.
@bishopdotun -- sir, you've made the choice a no-brainer. Thank you...

aaven Jul 2, 2019 7:34am | Post# 4131

{quote} @aaven -- I respect your post, but I really don't want to spend too much time answering in depth. As someone who buys into @George's $12-to-$1000000-in-48-weeks trading plan, there is nothing I or anyone could possibly say to you other than you are not here for trading purposes. You are here for companionship. Which is fine -- so am I. But I'm here for other reasons, as well. It's best I leave things there. Again -- good luck with @George et al.
Steve,

I respectfully disagree that I am not here for trading purposes or that i am here for companionship.

I know how ridiculous it sounds, "$12- 1 Million", if it came from anyone else's mouth- but as someone who sat with George on many calls- George calls action bar by bar, using ma's,adr-price-balance
etc,... The money management plan was based on making 20 pips daily. The point was- being creative about mm, entries and out of the box thinking etc...-

It also pained me reading some of the posts, when the answers you were seeking [not speaking figuratively, actual answers] were right here laid by George.

You are nearing your 70's (i am saying this respect) , why would you choose to reinvent the wheel, throw hours into the abyss?
-Why take anyone words-Mine-or Skyway or Paris boy etc.. when it takes 4-5 days to come to your your own conclusion.

Thanks

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 7:38am | Post# 4132

Entry Signal should be at close of the candle. So Entry signal should get a delay of one candle. {image} Why? This will help us even further reduce the impact of possible repainting. The way ADR and bands work, it is often set around midday/midweek. Now when price action is pushing price up, we may expect the bands to move. Once the price pushes faster than the bands and closes above it, there is every chance that now we have reached a point where the band is set. This position of price becomes interesting because of the assumption that price have...
In the current implementation, the position of the signal is following the price action which shouldn't be the case. We want the signal only after price have closed and above the band confirming the over extension of price around that area.
@bishopdotun -- this statement confuses me.

In the current implementation -- if the previous candle closes above (or below) a band, then the subsequent Open is treated as a signal and we enter a trade. So, I think the current implementation does follow this rule: We want the signal only after price have closed and above the band confirming the over extension of price around that area.

In MT4 there are only ticks and we don't know a Close price until the subsequent Open. When we receive an Open tick then MT4 looks back into its history of ticks and assigns the last tick it had received as the Close price. That is, we won't know a Close price until we get the following Open tick.

Did I misinterpret your rules?

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 7:49am | Post# 4133

{quote} Steve, I respectfully disagree that I am not here for trading purposes or that i am here for companionship. I know how ridiculous it sounds, "$12- 1 Million", if it came from anyone else's mouth- but as someone who sat with George on many calls- George calls action bar by bar, using ma's,adr-price-balance etc,... The money management plan was based on making 20 pips daily. The point was- being creative about mm, entries and out of the box thinking etc...- It also pained me reading some of the posts, when the answers you were seeking [not...
@aaven -- you just said it yourself -- $12-to-$1000000" sounds ridiculous. @George has never done it, @moodybot has never done it. @bluesteele has never done it. Just because he exhorts people to be "creative" makes it true?

Here's an example -- I claim I can dunk a basketball in a 10-foot hoop. You think that's ridiculous? You're wrong -- think boundlessly!! You ask for proof that I can dunk? Well, you must be a <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult> <insult>.

Yep -- I'm getting up there in age. And you think that someone who insults people and insists they stare at a screen for 10000 hours in order to trade like him has a message for me? I don't want to get into this again with you -- they are con men who use fake aliases to pad their subscribers and create false posts. Period. End of story.

EDIT:
when it takes 4-5 days to come to your your own conclusion.
@aaven -- are you joking? I spent 2 months following @George's posts. When I eventually asked about how to trade -- i.e. Entries and Exits, that's when the proverbial sh-t hit the fan.

EDIT: @aaven -- you may get a PM from one of the 3 Musketeers to give it a rest. I'm not sure they want to get me started again -- or maybe they put you up to it?

Aussi Jul 2, 2019 7:52am | Post# 4134

{quote} Well, i respect your opinion Parisboy. But also introspect this: George offered to speak with Steve and spend time in helping Steve's objectives. Straight forward and no BS. What have you offered Steve that was remotely useful-The thread is 200 pages long- You have attached snapshots of textbook chapters on Gann, Octaves,MM,Cycles etc...... But did you offer or can you offer anything that Steve actually used? the answer is no. How many posts has Steve said to you, "Parisboy, How can use the above information"-Steve got so sick that the message...
instead of being fixed on one idea >>>>> a good trader looks at all things when learning perhaps you know it all aaven and dont need help and have the holy grail

handy148 Jul 2, 2019 8:04am | Post# 4135

For me parisboy has great content even if sometimes it may be a little above my pay grade.

robots4me Jul 2, 2019 8:17am | Post# 4136

Entry Signal should be at close of the candle. So Entry signal should get a delay of one candle. {image} Why? This will help us even further reduce the impact of possible repainting. The way ADR and bands work, it is often set around midday/midweek. Now when price action is pushing price up, we may expect the bands to move. Once the price pushes faster than the bands and closes above it, there is every chance that now we have reached a point where the band is set. This position of price becomes interesting because of the assumption that price have...
Also without doubt, we know price will touch the midline at least once a week giving us the opportunity to exit. If you are not sure, just apply a custom MA, set to 1 on weekly timeframe. See how price hugs the line tightly.

@bishopdotun -- could you explain further. The way I interpret that chart is the line hugs the Close price when the period is '1', not the other way around. I mean, the line is drawn to touch all the Close prices.

I feel that I'm missing something...

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 8:17am | Post# 4137

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} @bishopdotun -- this statement confuses me. In the current implementation -- if the previous candle closes above (or below) a band, then the subsequent Open is treated as a signal and we enter a trade. So, I think the current implementation does follow this rule: We want the signal only after price have closed and above the band confirming the over extension of price around that area. In MT4 there are only ticks and we don't know a Close price until the subsequent Open. When we receive an Open tick then MT4 looks back into its history...
If you look at the picture, no bar has closed above the band. The signal must print only if the open of the bar is above the band.

I marked the bar and the time left (31minuts before close of bar). The signal should print on the next bar if its open price is above the band.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Entry Signal at close of candle.png
Size: 717 KB

Sam887 Jul 2, 2019 8:19am | Post# 4138

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi R4M, Thanks for the reply...And Yes the purple and blue dots appear on the chart, but no pop-up message or sound accompany them... Regards Sam
Hi R4M, Thank you for the quick updates. I noticed this happening with the latest Spikehunter...may this can shed some light on why there is no Alert pop up or sound.2019-07-02_17-33-08.mp4

Regards
Sam

bishopdotun Jul 2, 2019 8:23am | Post# 4139

{quote} @bishopdotun -- sir, you've made the choice a no-brainer. Thank you...
Remove the Sir in front of my name. "Sir" is reserved for the special one who has spent 100s of 1000s of screen hours.

skyway Jul 2, 2019 8:35am | Post# 4140

{quote} Steve, I respectfully disagree that I am not here for trading purposes or that i am here for companionship. I know how ridiculous it sounds, "$12- 1 Million", if it came from anyone else's mouth- but as someone who sat with George on many calls- George calls action bar by bar, using ma's,adr-price-balance etc,... The money management plan was based on making 20 pips daily. The point was- being creative about mm, entries and out of the box thinking etc...- It also pained me reading some of the posts, when the answers you were seeking [not...
Simple short response, waste time.

© Forex Factory