Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

FXState Apr 22, 2019 10:58am | Post# 21

2 Attachment(s)
@Robots4me That a great efforts to create the indicator and also to keep the hope alive on George's thread. People are coming forward with their trade Journal and their understanding of George's teaching.

Attached is a similar indicator which I have been using for couple of weeks. It does the same as yours. Keep it up.......

Amos
Click to Enlarge

Name: Ashampoo_Snap_2019.04.22_15h48m47s_051_.png
Size: 67 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Ashampoo_Snap_2019.04.22_15h49m38s_052_.png
Size: 68 KB

FXState Apr 22, 2019 11:06am | Post# 22

{quote} I have downloaded and installed on Pepperstone MT4 and it works perfectly. No issues. I do have a request to robots4me...I am a colour blind male (about 25% of males are colour blind). I have tried to change the colour Magenta to OrangeRed as Magenta and DodgerBlue look pretty much the same colour to me. My changes do not save and revert back to Magenta. When scanning a chart it becomes hard to see the difference when the lines are in close proximity to each other. Is it possible to have the indicator accept changes to the colours? The concept...
Wicks will not stop the horizontal line only candle body. You can see that in the picture from my previous post.

Amos

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 3:57pm | Post# 23

{quote} Wicks will not stop the horizontal line only candle body. You can see that in the picture from my previous post. Amos
Hello FxState. I'm replying to your post because it looks like you were trying to reply to mine rather than grenell's, who didn't mention wicks. What you say anyway doesn't apply consistently to robots4me's indicator. Sometimes wicks do stop the lines and sometimes they don't. The truth is anyway, if you guys read George's hints, that, regardless if it's wicks or bodies, the lines should stop when taken out (also let's not forget that on different TFs wicks could be bodies and vice versa). The logic of the indicator should be sound and consistent about this.

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 24

Nice Indicator...Loads Fine....Thanks for Sharing....
However...Adjusting colors of the lines (Dodgerblue/Magenta) doesn' t work.....prefer a bit "brighter" colors....
And ...it deletes all "manual" drawn lines.....
@AndresSR -- I appreciate the good word. I've added a few more settings for adjusting line color, width and style. Also, I've modified the code so that manually drawn lines are not removed when the indicator is deleted.

You can download the latest version from Post #1.

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 4:06pm | Post# 25

Nice work Brother.
From programming side, maybe lines color, size, type options will be great and also unique string names for that, so when de-init we could do specific clean out and not delete all objects in active chart.
@Nih98 -- Thanks for your suggestions. I've modified the indicator to include settings for line color, width and style. Also, I've modified the OnDeinit() routine to only delete objects created by the indicator (when the indicator is removed).

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 26

Wicks will not stop the horizontal line only candle body.
Sometimes wicks do stop the lines and sometimes they don't.
@FXState, @4fxonly -- gentlemen, thanks for your comments. It helps to have other experienced eyes willing to take a closer look at the data.

I've revisited the code and logic and think the indicator is doing the right thing and is consistent with @George's intention. Here's the deal -- ANY part of a future candle (not just wicks) can take-out a previous TOP or BOTTOM. That's why you can see lines ending anywhere between a future candle's High and Low price. Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will try another explanation.

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 4:27pm | Post# 27

Attached is a similar indicator which I have been using for couple of weeks. It does the same as yours.
@FXState -- nice indicator. Yep -- appears they do the same thing. If you don't mind my asking -- what method did you use to pick out TOPS and BOTTOMS? I found that using Fractal points worked really well.

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 4:54pm | Post# 28

how come those lines do not stop at the points marked by the arrows when the price takes those levels out? ... Maybe a bug?
@4fxonly -- A bug? A bug? I've been programming for a long time and don't ever recall a bug in my software -- however, I will admit to some unintended "features".

I can not reproduce the problem. In the image you attached I see some "zombie" lines -- are you switching back and forth between two modes or do you have more than one instance of the indicator loaded on the same chart?

If you were to open a fresh chart and simply attach the indicator (accepting just the default values) -- do you see TOP or BOTTOM lines that are not taken out?

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 5:04pm | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} ... I've revisited the code and logic and think the indicator is doing the right thing and is consistent with @George's intention. Here's the deal -- ANY part of a future candle (not just wicks) can take-out a previous TOP or BOTTOM. That's why you can see lines ending anywhere between a future candle's High and Low price. Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will try another explanation.
Hi . Probably I didn't explain myself very well. What you are saying is exactly the way it should be, but not the way your indi is behaving (in some instances). I will try again by using the same picture but this time I marked in white the bits where those lines should start and end. Instead some of them extend for quite some extra length while others, that I added as further examples, extend beyond the wanted ending point for a few bars.
By the way, thanks for your further improvements. Still what I'm pointing out remains a key option.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-22_12-12-16.jpg
Size: 249 KB

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 5:09pm | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
...but it would be handy to add a further one, again, to show only the lines still not violated...
@4fxonly -- looking along the far-right edge of a chart it is easy to see which TOPS and BOTTOMS are still alive.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Still-alive.png
Size: 48 KB

FXState Apr 22, 2019 5:11pm | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @FXState -- nice indicator. Yep -- appears they do the same thing. If you don't mind my asking -- what method did you use to pick out TOPS and BOTTOMS? I found that using Fractal points worked really well.
@robots4me I use higher TF fractal points on Lower TF. The method is just the same as yours.

Attached was the picture I took last Thursday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Ashampoo_Snap_2019.04.18_09h12m06s_020_.png
Size: 127 KB

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 5:14pm | Post# 32

Instead some of them extend for quite some extra length while others, that I added as further examples, extend beyond the wanted ending point for a few bars.
@4fxonly -- could you please open a fresh chart and simply attach the indicator (using the default settings). And then, using this fresh chart, please point out where TOPS and BOTTOMS extend further than expected.

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 33

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @4fxonly -- could you please open a fresh chart and simply attach the indicator (using the default settings). And then, using this fresh chart, please point out where TOPS and BOTTOMS extend further than expected.
Of course, no problem. The arrows mark the points where those lines should end
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-22_22-26-06.jpg
Size: 294 KB

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 34

1 Attachment(s)
I was forgetting... Referring to the picture attached, the option I was asking for in my first post (and that would be the real way suggested by George) is that we should see only the lines that are extended to the extreme right, while the ones that have been taken out (like most in the left part of the chart) should not be visible as not relevant for our trading anymore and they just clutter the chart. Their use can only come handy if we want to look at past charts, but it should be available only as an option. Also I marked with arrows some lines that shouldn't be there anymore as they have been taken out already. If not clear, feel free to ask away.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-22_22-10-49.jpg
Size: 289 KB

ForestX Apr 22, 2019 5:45pm | Post# 35

I was forgetting... Referring to the picture attached, the option I was asking for in my first post (and that would be the real way suggested by George) is that we should see only the lines that are extended to the extreme right, while the ones that have been taken out (like most in the left part of the chart) should not be visible as not relevant for our trading anymore and they just clutter the chart. Their use can only come handy if we want to look at past charts, but it should be available only as an option. Also I marked with arrows some lines...

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to tell. It's full of a cluster if you look at it but there are important zones. I wonder how can we improve this helpful indicator

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 5:45pm | Post# 36

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @4fxonly -- looking along the far-right edge of a chart it is easy to see which TOPS and BOTTOMS are still alive. {image}
...and just to reinforce the concept, I marked on your pic some lines that shouldn't be alive anymore.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Still-alive.png
Size: 41 KB

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 37

1 Attachment(s)
Of course, no problem. The arrows mark the points where those lines should end
@4fxonly -- I'm definitely missing something or I need new glasses. To my eyes, the purple lines you pointed at with yellow arrows are above the price -- hence, they were not taken-out.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Still-alive-2.png
Size: 112 KB

4fxonly Apr 22, 2019 6:03pm | Post# 38

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @4fxonly -- I'm definitely missing something or I need new glasses. To my eyes, the purple lines you pointed at with yellow arrows are above the price -- hence, they were not taken-out. {image}
No offense, but I would go for the 2nd option
Click to Enlarge

Name: Still-alive magni.png
Size: 99 KB

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 6:06pm | Post# 39

...and just to reinforce the concept, I marked on your pic some lines that shouldn't be alive anymore.
@4fxonly -- and why shouldn't they still be alive? Those purple lines are still higher than any prices that follow the TOPS where they originated.

I was asking for in my first post (and that would be the real way suggested by George) is that we should see only the lines that are extended to the extreme right, while the ones that have been taken out (like most in the left part of the chart) should not be visible as not relevant for our trading anymore and they just clutter the chart.
@4fxonly -- correct -- George probably wouldn't be interested in the TOPS and BOTTOMS that were already taken out. However, since it is easy to see which lines are still alive (by glancing to the right-hand-side of the chart) and since the chart already shows hundreds of historical bars and it really, really is valuable to learn from previous price action (in a visual way) to pick-up new clues, then showing where previous TOPS and BOTTOMS began and ended helps to get your brain around what is really happening.

And, to be honest, if all you are interested in are the TOPS and BOTTOMS that are still alive you don't need an indicator to show that, right? Just look at the current price line and it's pretty obvious.

robots4me Apr 22, 2019 6:10pm | Post# 40

No offense, but I would go for the 2nd option
@4fxonly -- okay, yes, I see it here. I will revisit this and try to better understand what is happening. If there is a bug, it would be the first one (since yesterday)...

© Forex Factory