Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MM (Money Maker) Detective Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=911239)

4fxonly Apr 27, 2019 9:43am | Post# 221

Below I'm posting a screen shot of the MTF version of the MM Detective indicator I've been working on. It is still a work in progress but coming along. I think it will be good enough to release some time next week. Since I've been accused of being lazy I guess I felt obliged to show some progress... {image} Again -- just a preliminary version. This particular image shows 8 time frames (that's right, 8) on a single M15 chart. Actually -- that's not quite right. The indicator supports the time frames from M1 through W1. However, it can only display...
Hi. It looks like you're not wasting your time. Could you possibly post a picture of only alive lines? Also, stupid question, but just to be sure: you would include an option to select which higher TFs, wouldn't you? Thank you

skyway Apr 27, 2019 10:36am | Post# 222

{quote} Why are there mistakes in manual drawing of lines? And why restrictive? Just interested to know why.
Manual work is naturally prone to mistakes. Compare that menial work quality to a math code.

The restriction is described in detail in robots4me post that I quoted that begs for automated line drawing.

Tbh, these top and bottom lines are not the lines that's important. I know what I write here is controversial. If they were, it would be easy to trade for every trader with this swingman tool. I believe some of the more experienced traders here already know this. Ponder on it.

coloroffeels Apr 27, 2019 10:38am | Post# 223

Just a nice work. Keep it up and thanks!

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 11:08am | Post# 224

1 Attachment(s)
for your information about "Fractals" and .... Gann
2 FRACTAL STRUCTURE OF TIME AND PRICE ENGLISH 17.pptx

Nih98 Apr 27, 2019 11:12am | Post# 225

1 Attachment(s)
Just little addition about 'Fractal'

Click to Enlarge

Name: SwingMan Higher Fractal Level Indi - about fractal.png
Size: 216 KB

btw, I start trading before internet era, before all this GUI platforms that allow you to see 'real time' price action.
but do you think that price action, market structures, geometrical projection, Market Maker psychological tricks is new knowledge ? don't you remember that Japanese candlesticks invented hundred years ago.

In my early trading days, my Singaporean broker only sent me list of yesterday H4 OHLC price by telex (hopefully some of you still know this text machine).
then I should analize that price data and triangulate it using paper and pencil to projecting today direction, and after we take our decision the we make call to put orders. by sending order direction and price range (slippage) 2 targets (mid term and long term), and Stop Loss (also in range).

So, I already taste more harder environment then today and survive until now..lol.
There's so many tools to help you find your edge, but only if you know how to use them correctly in the right time and in the right place

Happy Trading
NIH

4fxonly Apr 27, 2019 11:17am | Post# 226

{quote} Manual work is naturally prone to mistakes. Compare that menial work quality to a math code. The restriction is described in detail in robots4me post that I quoted that begs for automated line drawing. Tbh, these top and bottom lines are not the lines that's important. I know what I write here is controversial. If they were, it would be easy to trade for every trader with this swingman tool. I believe some of the more experienced traders here already know this. Ponder on it.
I second the part related to top and bottom lines. I don't think it's controversial. Whoever comes here from George's thread should/would know that.
As for the first part I also agree that manual drawing can be prone to mistakes, as I have experienced myself several times, with regards to picking the levels exactly, '''BUT''' (using George's syntax now LOL) also some important levels can be missed by the indi, as I pointed out in one of my early posts, when the problem I was reporting was partially solved by lowering to 3 bars the requirements to form a fractal. The trained human eye still remains king...

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 11:33am | Post# 227

2 Attachment(s)
building "fractalized" Envelopes
6 BUILDING YOUR ENVELOPES 16.pptx
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZD TMA Pressure Zone - H4 level example.png
Size: 246 KB

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 11:52am | Post# 228

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3323801
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZD 23 27 AVRIL 2019.png
Size: 4.1 MB

swd Apr 27, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 229

{image} {image}
Your envelopes are not shifted back by half the period of each envelope, making them centred?

Regards,
Paul

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 12:51pm | Post# 230

{quote} Your envelopes are not shifted back by half the period of each envelope, making them centred? Regards, Paul
Good remark Paul : it means that you have not studied the chart superficially.

a) theoretically Centered Moving Averages should have their end point placed by construction 1/2 (half) of their period back in the past
b) as I use CMA 256 (brown), 128 (ocre) and 32 (blue) teir respective end points should be placed 128, 64 and 16 points back the last available price
c) in practice I use the 3 Envelopes with only 16 points back for the 3 Envelopes so that they end at the same point

practically it is always a good compromise ( there are rational reasons why on which I could elaborate if necessary) between theory and practical needs for trading ( a little less for analysis)

swd Apr 27, 2019 12:59pm | Post# 231

{quote} Good remark Paul : it means that you have not studied the chart superficially. a) theoretically Centered Moving Averages should ahev their end point by construction 1/2 (half) of their period back in the past b) as I use CMA 256 (brown), 128 (ocre) and 32 (blue) teir respective end points should be placed 128, 64 and 16 points back the last available price c) in practice I use the 3 Envelopes with only 16 points back for the 3 Envelopes so that they end at the same point practically it is always a good compromise ( there are rational reasons...
Thanks for the reply and clarification. I will read your thread I think, as no doubt the answers will be there and I don't want to clutter up someones else's thread. Always got me that once shifted back you have alot of "imagining" to do with regard to price and it's would-be intersections with the now shifted envelope.

Kind Regards,
Paul

robots4me Apr 27, 2019 2:16pm | Post# 232

When you get a chance, use Swingmans indicator on H4 to mark the weekly tops and bottoms, save the template, and place onto H1 and re-add the indicator so that it marks the daily tops and bottoms, then save that template and place onto the 15 min, re-add the indicator and again mark the minor swings.
If the lines can be differentiated between the time frames so much the better.
I would be interested as to how it turns out.
@moodybot -- indicators don't work that way -- at least in my hands. Perhaps you or someone else could tell me how. When I add @SwingMan's indicator to an H4 chart and save it as a template the lines do NOT persist when I load that template onto a new chart H1 chart -- instead what happens is the indicator recalculates all the lines anew. The MTF version of the indicator I'm working on will allow you to do this -- see post #207 for preliminary screen shot. With an MTF version of the indicator it will be possible to "overlay" multiple charts with different time frames. It's not exactly overlaying and can be a bit tricky because the markings from different time frames have to be "remapped" to the time frame of the current chart. In any event -- what you described is exactly what I'd like to do since I know that's what you and @George and others are doing. Now that I have the guts of the MTF indicator working I'll release an updated version sometime next week and then we'll see. It will need some tweaking, but hopefully will be interesting.

Derekers Apr 27, 2019 2:25pm | Post# 233

I do appreciate the work of both of you @swingman and @robots4me

Few small suggestions, if you may apply it to your great tools guys, would be much more pleasing at least for someone like me who does his best finding MM trading points

as for @swingman indicator, I would really appreciate the MTF and an option to hide trendline(since I like to do it manually Or if it has already please do help me to find it)

and I am really waiting to see @Robots4me MTF version as well since it was the beginning of it and it kinda helped me to boost some of my view points

robots4me Apr 27, 2019 2:27pm | Post# 234

Could you possibly post a picture of only alive lines? Also, stupid question, but just to be sure: you would include an option to select which higher TFs, wouldn't you? Thank you
Hello @4fxonly -- I haven't yet implemented the "only alive lines" feature, but for sure that will be included. And, yes, you will be able to pick any combination of TFs. The only constraint is the TFs must be equal to or greater than the TF of the chart you are attaching the indicator to.

robots4me Apr 27, 2019 2:30pm | Post# 235

Tbh, these top and bottom lines are not the lines that's important... Ponder on it.
Hello @skyway -- how long do I have to ponder? I pondered but nothing came up. Could you elaborate a bit more?

robots4me Apr 27, 2019 2:39pm | Post# 236

So, I already taste more harder environment then today and survive until now..lol.
There's so many tools to help you find your edge, but only if you know how to use them correctly in the right time and in the right place
@Nih98 -- great story. It reminds me of when I started programming in the 1980's -- we used punch cards. One line of code per card. Your stack of cards were submitted to the campus' computer center and 2 days later you got a printout that said your stack of cards failed. That's it -- no clue where the bug was. And since each card was numbered you had to retype every card from scratch again when resubmitting your program -- you couldn't reuse the previous cards. Back then we didn't mind because we didn't know any better. Things have changed a bit since then...

robots4me Apr 27, 2019 2:56pm | Post# 237

2 Attachment(s)
building "fractalized" Envelopes
@parisboy -- looks similar to using TMA centered bands. Below is a screen shot using a TMA centered band indicator with @SwingMan's fractal indicator:
Click to Enlarge

Name: triangular-centered-swingmans.png
Size: 42 KB

This combination gives a nice effect. However, be aware that the TMA centered band indicator is a "repainter" and shouldn't be used for signaling Entries and Exits.

The TMA centered band indicator is not mine and I don't recall where I downloaded it from. For anyone who is interested, here is the *.ex4:
triangularma_centered_bands.ex4

swd Apr 27, 2019 3:07pm | Post# 238

{quote} @parisboy -- looks similar to using TMA centered bands. Below is a screen shot using a TMA centered band indicator with @SwingMan's fractal indicator: {image} This combination gives a nice effect. However, be aware that the TMA centered band indicator is a "repainter" and shouldn't be used for signaling Entries and Exits. The TMA centered band indicator is not mine and I don't recall where I downloaded it from. For anyone who is interested, here is the *.ex4: {file}
Hi @robotsforme. The band is very badly named, not that it is your fault of course. In terms of envelope theory, it is not centred (i.e. there is no shift back of bars relating to half the period). Oddly the third dimension to the indicator is volatility through the use of the ATR which is shifted back by a fixed 10 bars. Anyway, just thought I would add that in in case others query it.

Kind Regards,
Paul

EDIT: Perhaps the data is retrospectively centred gradually with each new bar, hence why it repaints.... but the one george thread uses is not the repainting one and is not centred.

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 3:23pm | Post# 239

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @parisboy -- looks similar to using TMA centered bands. Below is a screen shot using a TMA centered band indicator with @SwingMan's fractal indicator: {image} This combination gives a nice effect. However, be aware that the TMA centered band indicator is a "repainter" and shouldn't be used for signaling Entries and Exits. The TMA centered band indicator is not mine and I don't recall where I downloaded it from. For anyone who is interested, here is the *.ex4: {file}

Robots4me, IT IS very similar

with this system you can RATIONALLY identify and classify :

waves
cycles
harmonic patterns
M and W patterns

of the same ORDER, MAGNITUDE, DEGREE whatever you name it

all these figures above are partial views of the same serie of swings
Click to Enlarge

Name: ROBOT4 ME SERIE OF SWINGS.png
Size: 2.8 MB

parisboy Apr 27, 2019 3:30pm | Post# 240

4 Attachment(s)
Various envelopes charts issued from Jim Hurst's "Profit Magic" (1971)
Name:  101540124427.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  28 KB
Name:  101808285366.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  27 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 102016496636.jpg
Size: 111 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 102309750593.jpg
Size: 93 KB