Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Trading Strategy Development Journal For EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=910821)

candyman752 Apr 18, 2019 12:59pm | Post# 1

5 Attachment(s)
I have developed an EA to my trading needs . Now I need to develop a strategy that can bring in the pips.EDIT 22 april 2019. not just one strategy but six
I will be posting charts of ideas I come up with. Your ideas are welcome.

Well it is July 21 2019 Here is the last bot I will ever code. I have now downed my tools. I have been chasing for a successful bot for like six years now. TIme to call it quits. Hopefully this bot will have some legs and make us all money or it will be another one to go in the dust binBanksta_Buster_v02.mq4
The strategy employed in it was given by merlinBBstrategy.pdf
ciao
edit 28 aug 19 Attachment 3424831Attachment 3424832
Trade well REMEBER DO NOT INVEST MONEY YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOOSEBanksta_Busta_V4_Tweeked.mq4Banksta_Busta_V4_Tweeked_NoSL.mq4Busta Bank V04.mq4
version 05 is in the link below
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...8#post12502788

candyman752 Apr 18, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 2

I just completed an EA that I hacked and mutilated from steve hopwood. My normal operandi was to code various trading setups like maybe 80 to catch various probabilities presented by the markets. A light bulb came on in my mind to say may be its not about ninty odd setups may be just six well thought setups with a strategy and boom . I can have an EA that is an ATM machine.

candyman752 Apr 18, 2019 1:12pm | Post# 3

Fortunately the EA I have coded allows for many variable to be explored. I am thinking a strategy will be allowed five trades . That is five buys five sells.
So first trade opens . we wait any more confirmations add another buy. Put in safety measures. Maybe hedge or say only add if first trade is riskless.(Stop loss is above Order open price). All things being equal market goes our way and boom laka boom boom bank some dollops.

Hey hope you getting me thinking. Still brain storming. Just trying to get the creative juices flowing

merlin1331 Apr 19, 2019 11:06am | Post# 4

that is my thought right now https://www.forex4noobs.com/forex-bl...tion-scalping/

candyman752 Apr 22, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 5

An idea I have for strategy is as follows.
this is an example.
First we get a buy signal telling us Buyers are in control or about to take control.
Second we consider how much am I willing to loose on this trade. Lets say usd 10.
Third. We need a target. Once we have a target that buyers will take the price to we consider
What ways they can take it there. They could I) shoot it up like a rocket or II) slowly wiggle it up.
If they shoot like a rocket we only able to put in one trade. But if the wiggle it well we can milk it for what we can by adding position to every dip in price.

If they shoot it like a rocket then profit is on one trade. Which could be ten usd. But if they wiggle it we could get to add three trades and may may be milk it for usd 25 . This is 0.01 lots. But even if we increase the trades by adding position we not going to increase how much we risk. the risk will remain usd ten. So lets say we add three positions and things go against us we will only loose usd ten. I hope you get the point. we trying to get more by adding more trades but keeping the risk taken the same. so it is important to ensure the added positions are taken at points of high probability

candyman752 Apr 22, 2019 3:05pm | Post# 6

I am going to use https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=759887 for coming up with first strategy. I have filtered the Buy sell signal system given in that thread. Now its time for find ways for milking the market once there is a buy or sell signal.Once we come up with the milking positions then the strategy I believe is complete. Still thinking should a strategy have its own EA or should six strategies be developed in to one EA. Time will tell

candyman752 Apr 22, 2019 3:15pm | Post# 7

Looking forward to coding Pip Trapper EA

candyman752 Apr 22, 2019 3:46pm | Post# 8

Nice one . its quite a bit of reading. have to go though it thoroughly when I have time

Ezios Apr 23, 2019 12:17am | Post# 9

Dear friend, I m ake ano ff-topic here.. but i need.
I can get data only from 1m to backtest from years ago.
i get from histdata.com but there hare some holes in some minute.
Can someone to help me with a site to download freely
csv files for all timeframes? I tried varous utilities but thety
domt work in my computer i need only a web resource
from witch to download all timeframes csv data files
to put in my tester. i need for eur usd at least from 2015
the daily m15 m5 and m1 data. help me please.

candyman752 Apr 23, 2019 1:16am | Post# 10

Dear friend, I m ake ano ff-topic here.. but i need. I can get data only from 1m to backtest from years ago. i get from histdata.com but there hare some holes in some minute. Can someone to help me with a site to download freely csv files for all timeframes? I tried varous utilities but thety domt work in my computer i need only a web resource from witch to download all timeframes csv data files to put in my tester. i need for eur usd at least from 2015 the daily m15 m5 and m1 data. help me please.

Try these resources:

1. http://disktrading.is99.com/disktrading/#top (not free)
  2. http://www.forexite.com/default.html
  3. http://www.fxdd.com/en/mt1m-data.html
  4. http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/
  5. http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/data_feed/csv_data_export/
  6. https://forextester.com/data/datasources
  7. ..and of course the obligatory "push the Download button in the History Center (F2) from your MetaTrader terminal" to obtain the metaquotes.net price data

The metaquotes "download" data is really to be avoided at all costs in my opinion, loaded with spurious ticks, bad candles, and missing candle gaps all over the place.

The disktrading data goes back the farthest (~1998) but contains a significant percentage of contaminated ticks/candles (spurious ticks as well as your typical "indicative data" averaging artifacts), and will run you ~$135 for entire set of forex pairs.

The FXDD M1 data only goes back to ~2005 but it does come from a single price feed (FXDD's) so the quality is inherently higher.

The Forexite data is some of the best quality and goes back to 2001, except for the NZDJPY pair which only goes back to 2003.

The Gain Capital and Dukascopy datasets are a pain in the ass to retrieve and compile, I gave up on them once I found the disktrading/FXDD/Forexite resources but I included them here for sake of completeness as you may find them to be of value.

salimc Apr 23, 2019 10:43am | Post# 11

Subscribed

candyman752 Apr 23, 2019 12:30pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)

Here is first strategy based on simoneg system. SO what takes place is the EA will wait for the market meet simones conditions. ( I have filtered it quite a bit)

Then it will open the trade . This will be called the main trade.So long the main trade is open the bot will be looking for more opportunities to open another trade.

Attachment 3320634Attachment 3321082Pip_Trapper_Strategy01.mq4

If it does well it will go in post 1.

candyman752 Apr 23, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 13

Subscribed
welcome

candyman752 Apr 24, 2019 2:52am | Post# 14

2 Attachment(s)
Here is template I will use to look for strategyHr4.tpl

Here is the next strategy I am consideringClick to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 167 KB
There is three Moving averages 13 EMA 25 EMA 50EMA on the 4 hr chart.
When the 13 is above the 25 and 25 is above the 50 it is a up trend.
Usually it forms a channel, as shown by the red trend lines.
I will try code setups formed around the Red Circles

pintubesar1 Apr 24, 2019 3:19pm | Post# 15

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Dear Candyman
i have a strategy that work with 2 indicators that work 100% and please i want you to make an EA of it
the strategy is simple had two rules:
- Buy Entry:
1) when the price is below the blue line and an signal buy appear place a buy entry
2) TP: is 10 Pips / SL: No SL
3) TimeFrame: H4
- SELL Entry:
1) when the price is above the red line and an signal sell appear place a sell entry
2) TP: is 10 Pips (optional)/ SL: No SL
3) TimeFrame: H4
The strategy came with two indicators
1) Super Arrow Indicator No Repaint
2) Border Ligns

Please create the EA from the attacvhed indicator with your template

Lot optional :
Fix lot (0.01 - 0.01 -0.01 ,etc)
Sum lot ((0.01 -0.02 -0.03 -0.04 ,etc)
Marti

#Close positional optional :
Basket profit
Trailing stop
Target pips
Target$

Thank You Very Much
Border ligns.ex4
super-arrow-indicator.mq4

pintubesar1 Apr 24, 2019 3:22pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_20190425_032150.jpg
Size: 237 KB

salimc Apr 24, 2019 4:59pm | Post# 17

Here is template I will use to look for strategy{file} Here is the next strategy I am considering{image} There is three Moving averages 13 EMA 25 EMA 50EMA on the 4 hr chart. When the 13 is above the 25 and 25 is above the 50 it is a up trend. Usually it forms a channel, as shown by the red trend lines. I will try code setups formed around the Red Circles
Hi,
Do you always trade with EA?

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 2:36am | Post# 18

Hi Dear Candyman i have a strategy that work with 2 indicators that work 100% and please i want you to make an EA of it the strategy is simple had two rules: - Buy Entry: 1) when the price is below the blue line and an signal buy appear place a buy entry 2) TP: is 10 Pips / SL: No SL 3) TimeFrame: H4 - SELL Entry: 1) when the price is above the red line and an signal sell appear place a sell entry 2) TP: is 10 Pips (optional)/ SL: No SL 3) TimeFrame: H4 The strategy came with two indicators 1) Super Arrow Indicator No Repaint 2) Border Ligns Please...
I have looked at files you attached. Border ligns is a TMA band. posts from google search advise that it is impossible to to do EA from it.
I looked at super arrow. I can work with that. Lets see how it goes

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 8:22am | Post# 19

Hi Dear Candyman i have a strategy that work with 2 indicators that work 100% and please i want you to make an EA of it the strategy is simple had two rules: - Buy Entry: 1) when the price is below the blue line and an signal buy appear place a buy entry 2) TP: is 10 Pips / SL: No SL 3) TimeFrame: H4 - SELL Entry: 1) when the price is above the red line and an signal sell appear place a sell entry 2) TP: is 10 Pips (optional)/ SL: No SL 3) TimeFrame: H4 The strategy came with two indicators 1) Super Arrow Indicator No Repaint 2) Border Ligns Please...
I need help. I have spent the morning trying to code the arrow generated by indicator in to the bot. here is the code in the indicator

if (Gi_132 == TRUE && Gi_136 == TRUE && Gi_144 == TRUE && Gi_140 == TRUE && Gi_148 == TRUE &&
Gi_172 != 1
) {
G_ibuf_76[Li_4] = Low[Li_4] - (Point * Utstup); //1.3 * Ld_132;
if (Li_4 <= 2 && Alerts && (!Gi_176)) {
Alert(Symbol(), " ", Period(), " BUY");
Gi_176 = TRUE;
Gi_180 = FALSE;
}
The code for MA's Bollinger bands and bull power and bear power is easy to code. But how it is putting it all together and generating one arrow is proving difficult.
Basically need help coding the indicator in to the EA. There is another way of doing this were the indicator is called in the EA using iCustom. Problem is it says rewrite the indicator its too slow when back tests are done.

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 8:23am | Post# 20

{quote} Hi, Do you always trade with EA?
I want EA's to trade on my behalf because when I trade I blow my account. I hope I have understood what you were asking.

pintubesar1 Apr 25, 2019 9:49am | Post# 21

Dear candyman

I have used ea supeearrowinficator by renting for one month with high price
the EA is very good
I tried backtest on Eur Usd 5M
deposit is only $ 100
time from January 2018 to March 2019
The drawdown is no more than $ 90 with more than $ 300 of profit

I will attach BT results to you through the inbox

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 4:09pm | Post# 22

1 Attachment(s)
Here is template I will use to look for strategy{file} Here is the next strategy I am considering{image} There is three Moving averages 13 EMA 25 EMA 50EMA on the 4 hr chart. When the 13 is above the 25 and 25 is above the 50 it is a up trend. Usually it forms a channel, as shown by the red trend lines. I will try code setups formed around the Red Circles
Herewith strategy 02 EA.Pip_Trapper_Strategy02.mq4
This is primarily for low volatility pairs. Do not put on GBPUSD GBPAUD GBPCAD GBPNZD GBPJPY EURAUD EURNZD EURCAD GBPCHF USDCAD

salimc Apr 25, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 23

{quote} I want EA's to trade on my behalf because when I trade I blow my account. I hope I have understood what you were asking.
That's a good idea. But if you simply trade with MA you will trade better than an EA.

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 4:22pm | Post# 24

{quote} That's a good idea. But if you simply trade with MA you will trade better than an EA.
Which MA?

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 4:25pm | Post# 25

Dear candyman I have used ea supeearrowinficator by renting for one month with high price the EA is very good I tried backtest on Eur Usd 5M deposit is only $ 100 time from January 2018 to March 2019 The drawdown is no more than $ 90 with more than $ 300 of profit I will attach BT results to you through the inbox
It looks very good even just from chart you posted. I would love to code it. Just having difficulty getting it exactly as the indicator. May be swing man can help. If you have good rapport with swingman(he is user on FF) please ask for his help

candyman752 Apr 25, 2019 4:47pm | Post# 26

This will be strategy 03. Thanks merlin

salimc Apr 25, 2019 5:42pm | Post# 27

{quote} Which MA?
Any MA. A faster and a slower one. TF Daily.

candyman752 Apr 26, 2019 8:57am | Post# 28

I have been trying to code the bounce line. What I do I draw a line. Give me a way to code it bro

candyman752 Apr 26, 2019 9:00am | Post# 29

Also he mention selling when there is a down trend. He does not explain how to establish there is a down trend

candyman752 Apr 26, 2019 2:21pm | Post# 30

Correct me if I am wrong.
The scalping is done based on 5 min chart. Trades are taken where a bounce took place. My interpretation of a bounce is one where the price moved twenty pips from it. Also bounces are looked for in the past 5 days. SO I have altered to say a bounce qualifies if it moves thirty pips away from an area. Then that becomes a support resistance bounce area. The article also says a sell is made when there is a down trend and the bounce line is broken.

candyman752 Apr 29, 2019 9:19am | Post# 31

Merlin thanks for this wonderful link. I have gone through a lot of his videos and his explanations are simple to understand.
I have now finished coding how to draw support and resistance from his explanation. He really made it easy.
1 get a daily chart.
2 get three months candles but in video he changed and six months.
3 get the highest and lowest price. that is the first support and resistance.
4 look for swings in between highest and lowest prices.

So well explained . Though it has taken a couple of days to code but easy does it

candyman752 Apr 29, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 32

2 Attachment(s)
Here is bot based on the link merlin provided.Pip_Trapper_Strategy03.mq4
Its a scalper. Use it on the major currencies. EurUsd,GbpUsd,UsdChf,UsdJpy,AudUsd,UsdCd,NzdUsd
I need help doing forward test of this bot. Vps space on mine has clapped
Edit 30 april 2019
I noticed a bug in the drawing of the bounces. Here is a fixPip_Trapper_Strategy03_2.mq4
I am thinking let me see if I can get more setups in the bot

salimc Apr 29, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 33

{quote} Here is bot based on the link merlin provided.{file} Its a scalper. Use it on the major currencies. EurUsd,GbpUsd,UsdChf,UsdJpy,AudUsd,UsdCd,NzdUsd I need help doing forward test of this bot. Vps space on mine has clapped
If you need I can help you with my VPS.
Thanks.

candyman752 Apr 30, 2019 6:35am | Post# 34

1 Attachment(s)
I just want to give an example of a setup that has to be coded using conditions set in the link https://www.forex4noobs.com/forex-bl...tion-scalping/merlin gave usClick to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 112 KB
In the image price moves in to the bounce zone Label A.
Price then moves out of the zone reaches High label B.
Price then goes back in to the zone Label C.
Price fails to close below the bounce Label D.

Fellow coders out there please help with simplest code for capturing such a setup.
I was just going through the code again today and realised I had not managed to nail it.

candyman752 Apr 30, 2019 6:37am | Post# 35

{quote} If you need I can help you with my VPS. Thanks.
Will need it soon just trying to polish up the coding.

salimc Apr 30, 2019 8:46am | Post# 36

{quote} Will need it soon just trying to polish up the coding.
Just PM me.

salimc Apr 30, 2019 10:01am | Post# 37

{quote} Will need it soon just trying to polish up the coding.
The trade explorers trade was opened by an EA or you?

merlin1331 Apr 30, 2019 10:24am | Post# 38

{quote} Here is bot based on the link merlin provided.{file} Its a scalper. Use it on the major currencies. EurUsd,GbpUsd,UsdChf,UsdJpy,AudUsd,UsdCd,NzdUsd I need help doing forward test of this bot. Vps space on mine has clapped Edit 30 april 2019 I noticed a bug in the drawing of the bounces. Here is a fix{file} I am thinking let me see if I can get more setups in the bot
thanks buddy , you had creat a nice bot. i am really want to bt this bot, but my vps also crapp due to my exceecive useage, hope anybody here can bt this ea , so we can have futher polish. your coding skills really good.

merlin1331 Apr 30, 2019 10:37am | Post# 39

{quote} I have been trying to code the bounce line. What I do I draw a line. Give me a way to code it bro
you had been understand their rules, but code some set ups really need experience coding skill, so i awalys think, a good trader should be a trader and a best coder within oneself. otherwise we see a good strategy but can not fully code them well.

merlin1331 Apr 30, 2019 10:40am | Post# 40

i see your super arrow indicator seems a decompile version, so it has problem to read and understand to creat ea.

© Forex Factory