Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Trading Strategy Development Journal For EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=910821)

merlin1331 May 26, 2019 11:33am | Post# 81

although life is very short, but it doesn't mean we should give up what we need to do .

candyman752 May 27, 2019 2:38pm | Post# 82

{quote} if coding such strategy, a skillful coder is needed. but i know some price action strategy can not fully make it auto work. if use manual it would be good.
Coding is not the problem. I first coded it exactly an d I mean exactly according to the charts on that page. Back tests were whack. I then came up with my own which was better on back tests but not that good. I then posted that EA.

candyman752 May 27, 2019 2:38pm | Post# 83

although life is very short, but it doesn't mean we should give up what we need to do .
Don't worry bro am about to answer our buddy

candyman752 May 27, 2019 2:42pm | Post# 84

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Will you keep on searching for your dream EA, life is very short!
Salim buddy are you saying we are chasing the wing that we are on a wild goose chase.
Well I am going to put this in your court. You will be the one to tell us to stop. Here is an EAWildGooseChase_WindChaser.mq4
How long will it take for you to forward test it and determine that it is a loser or winner.
Please put a trade explorer that we can all follow.
If you find this bot a loser then we done. Or I a done
ciao

salimc May 27, 2019 3:18pm | Post# 85

{quote} Salim buddy are you saying we are chasing the wing that we are on a wild goose chase. Well I am going to put this in your court. You will be the one to tell us to stop. Here is an EA{file} How long will it take for you to forward test it and determine that it is a loser or winner. Please put a trade explorer that we can all follow. If you find this bot a loser then we done. Or I a done ciao
No problem Buddy. The setting is the default? On which currency pairs you want it to test?

Thanks.

salimc May 27, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 86

{quote} No problem Buddy. The setting is the default? On which currency pairs you want it to test? Thanks.
Created explorer. Ps. go to my home page. The pairs are AUDUSD/EURUSD/USDCAD/GBPUSD/USDJPY/USDCHF

salimc May 27, 2019 3:53pm | Post# 87

{quote} Created explorer. Ps. go to my home page. The pairs are AUDUSD/EURUSD/USDCAD/GBPUSD/USDJPY/USDCHF
Congratulations buddy. it has taken the first trade within 15 minutes for gu

candyman752 May 27, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 88

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Congratulations buddy. it has taken the first trade within 15 minutes for gu
I forgot to give you a set fileChaser.txtHave quite a number of set files that were good on back tests
the majors is good place to start.
Well its a good sign that it can open a trade. How it ends is also another story

forexaz May 27, 2019 7:49pm | Post# 89

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} I forgot to give you a set file{file}Have quite a number of set files that were good on back tests the majors is good place to start. Well its a good sign that it can open a trade. How it ends is also another story
I am testing this EA also ....is there anyway you could put the code into Steve's multipair shell?
Shell combined dashboard and multi-pair auto trader with grid.mq4
Shell combined dashboard and multi-pair auto trader no grid.mq4
Adapting the multi-pair combined dashboard and auto-trader.pdf

salimc May 27, 2019 11:51pm | Post# 90

{quote} I forgot to give you a set file{file}Have quite a number of set files that were good on back tests the majors is good place to start. Well its a good sign that it can open a trade. How it ends is also another story
Already it has taken 2 gu trades, the 3rd trade will be opened any time. The set files should be with .set extension not with .text extension. Or there might be mistakes while doing it manually.

Thanks

candyman752 May 28, 2019 12:22pm | Post# 91

{quote} I am testing this EA also ....is there anyway you could put the code into Steve's multipair shell? {file} {file} {image}
noted

candyman752 May 28, 2019 12:25pm | Post# 92

2 Attachment(s)
set files for good back tests
started sep 2016 to date
this one made 348 usd348Hr4.txt
this one 335335Hr4.txt
I tested on eurusd

salimc May 29, 2019 1:47am | Post# 93

Hi Candy,
Uploaded 19 charts. You can have a look in my profile. Your EA is named as EA-5. All pairs are using the default settings.
**Avoided CHF pairs.

Are you live testing any EA?

Thanks.

salimc May 31, 2019 1:34am | Post# 94

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Candy, Uploaded 19 charts. You can have a look in my profile. Your EA is named as EA-5. All pairs are using the default settings. **Avoided CHF pairs. Are you live testing any EA? Thanks.
Hi Candy,
Ps check the set files. It doesn’t close trades when in profit even after reaching 30 pips profit. But after that, the market trend changes and causes lose. Its setting is not good for a ranging market and 90% of the time the market is in range.
In the trade explorer, you will see a profit. That trades were I closed manually. But all the time I am not available in front of my laptop. So make its exit after it is in 20 pips profit. Ps. make the necessary changes in the .set file as attached.
** Please add the option: "Max No. of Trades"

Thanks.
Windchaser-Salim-1.rar

salimc May 31, 2019 1:53am | Post# 95

set files for good back tests started sep 2016 to date this one made 348 usd{file} this one 335{file} I tested on eurusd
The .set files for which EA?

JBRolim Jun 5, 2019 5:19pm | Post# 96

{quote} if coding such strategy, a skillful coder is needed. but i know some price action strategy can not fully make it auto work. if use manual it would be good.

Hello Merlin Could you show me more about and what indicator are you using in this Ea similar to my strategy? thank you!

JBRolim Jun 5, 2019 6:25pm | Post# 97

{quote} Scalp trades has shown to be see saw. Make profit loose it. Anyway moving forward. The major important thing at moment is getting the swings . Here is what I have done. Find the highest and lowest point on chart. Then between the highest and lowest point look for swings. Now is he tricky part for scalps. How determine that price is going to bounce at support or continue trending. For Higher time frames it is easy. This is described by the link you gave in forexnoobs. Anyway I hope coders ar able to follow my thinking on drawing swings. The...

Good for XAU/USD?

richard96816 Jun 7, 2019 6:10pm | Post# 98

Interesting thread. Flitting from one flower to the next. Onlookers crying it's impossible. The market is driven by 75% automated trading and these guys think it's impossible. Saying it's impossible is just dumb. Counter productive. Computers crushed the world's best chess players.

You say your EAs only work for a month or so. Really? What more do you want? Work tirelessly every day trading or spend an hour every other month tuning up your robot? Maybe you should teach them to sit patiently and wait when they lose their touch. Or even have them auto-optimize periodically as some have done. The tools are there. Some self-optimize continuously. Others call another MT4 instance to run Strategy Tester and read the new parameters back through a file.

Some take a good design and watch the re-optimization needs over time and compare, finding ways to adapt as the market changes. Adaptation is likely the Holy Grail you're missing. Each of your past masterpieces 90% complete, and left unfinished.

Adaptive. Transformational. Evolutionary. Shape-shifting.

Use more adaptive tools. ATR is one. Use it to set sizes, targets, stops and more. ATR is considered the most important trading tool. Use it carefully.

I was very interested in some of your scalpers of a couple years ago. Whole lists of different entries. What a wonderful basis for adaptability. Perhaps count each method's success rate and re-adjust their usage on a continual basis. Taking their signals less often when they're not working as well and use them more when they are winning. Continue adding new entries as the market changes and let the EA use them all adaptively, saving the ever-changing, market-driven statistics to a file for safe keeping.

Your Holy Grail is coming soon. You just need to choose its colors and flavors.

merlin1331 Jun 18, 2019 11:50am | Post# 99

{quote} Hello Merlin Could you show me more about and what indicator are you using in this Ea similar to my strategy? thank you!
last two weeks , FF forum can not open in my country, i just hope candy still be in this here.

JBRolim, that is about an ea which uses pivot point , i see that is quite similar to your strategy. when i have some free times , i will find this ea in my computor and upload here, so you can see if it is you want .

candyman752 Jun 20, 2019 2:28pm | Post# 100

1 Attachment(s)
Hi gays and galz,
I am still around just taking it real slow. If you rush you crush is what they say.
Here is a teaser on what I am slowly putting together for us.ReversalCatcher_V01.mq4
Enjoy.

© Forex Factory