Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Smart Volume Divergence! (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/909822-smart-volume-divergence)

wens Dec 25, 2019 4:19am | Post# 201

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} i dont understand,plz someone help me,when i change the pair the highlighted pair,i dont find divergence there,so how does this indicator work?
Here is the divergence indicator
Click to Enlarge

Name: div.png
Size: 28 KB
ind_DivPeakTroughRSI_SW_v1.mq4

rrr2010 Dec 26, 2019 12:20am | Post# 202

1 Attachment(s)
i am wondering if anyone chased the other kind of divergence that may occur, the normal ema's are heading in one directions and the obv ema's are heading in the opposite, like in the pic below
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 29 KB

maYurV Jan 17, 2020 3:57am | Post# 203

Hey Bamboopips... Your smart volume Divergence strategy works very well in currency trading also.
we backtest this strategy in Currency and Gold and the result was satisfying.
Now we are trying to code this strategy for automating Trading but faces some problems.
so if Bamboopips or anyone else can help me to code this strategy.

Uncledodat Jan 18, 2020 10:27am | Post# 204

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone please help me with the OBV Dashboard. I seem to not have any moving averages on my chart. I'm using TradersWay if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
Click to Enlarge

Name: obvindi.JPG
Size: 177 KB

Uncledodat Jan 19, 2020 2:09pm | Post# 205

Never mind. Figured it out in just a little bit over 20hrs.

Mohsen1989 Jan 21, 2020 4:12am | Post# 206

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone....thanks to bamboopips for sharing this method ......i live in Iran and my english is not good .... i'm testin this strategy for few weeks with different broker and as you know the result was not the same... in my country trading currency isn't legal but also isn't crime (no jail)!!! so we should find brokers with less safety and high spread....
now i'm using IFC market MT4 for cheking this startegy and in general win rate is 65 percent in M5 time frame in some currency...also i add new filter to this strategy that might be useful in lower time frame for taking profit or stoploss (Pivot_Points_-_Daily_sShiftedd.ex4)...
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM5.png
Size: 45 KB
pivot.rar
i think we can also add trend line or fibo retracement in higher timeframe for seeing other resistances and supports....
one question ...which broker has best result with this method?

jwpdad Feb 5, 2020 10:17pm | Post# 207

i am wondering if anyone chased the other kind of divergence that may occur, the normal ema's are heading in one directions and the obv ema's are heading in the opposite, like in the pic below {image}
This is actually a very good point, I have been studying charts for this method and I have noticed price movements when the direction of the ema's in the different windows diverge. But when I tried to figure out parameters for trading I couldn't seem to make anything work. I too would ask if anyone has tested this aspect of divergence and had any promising results, or at least ideas that can be tested and tweaked.

hgbcreator Feb 22, 2020 7:20am | Post# 208

Hi bro thank you for indicator
can you add more asset ? it seem we have 48 asset
for mt5 version obv v5a
thank advance

TradeRancher Mar 8, 2020 11:35am | Post# 209

Hi.

I'm fairly new to trading, I understand normal Forex Charts and would like to try this strategy.

But where do I find a decent Tick Volume Chart for MT4, I have looked through the forums on Forex Factory but it is a nightmare.

Is anybody using one, that works and they recommend?

Or are people using strategy on normal MT4 charts?

Which time frame works best? 5M 15M?

Any currency pairs work better than others?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

TradeRancher

Marcelomtn Mar 8, 2020 11:52am | Post# 210

{quote} Hey! Im from Brazil too! Nice system. Im testing. Tks for share !

Greetings from Brasil
I used to use this system for demo, maybe you could test it with pvt also

Muito bom ver BR por aqui

Paolofx9 Apr 1, 2020 3:21am | Post# 211

Updated MT4 Indicator - This version shows BAR CLOSED alerts. Carl PS. Sorry for the late updates. I'm swamped with projects. {file}
hi crodzilla, is it possible to add an alert send mail? thanks

arcenciel Apr 12, 2020 7:11am | Post# 212

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
I have modified OBV indicator for mt5 from Metaquotes : I added the 3 MA for bamboopips's strategy and hide OBV line in input
I hope it will help
OBV_3xMA.ex5

chinchin50 May 22, 2020 5:26pm | Post# 213

any updated techniques for this strategy?

james27 Jun 14, 2020 10:17pm | Post# 214

Updated MT4 Indicator - This version shows BAR CLOSED alerts. Carl PS. Sorry for the late updates. I'm swamped with projects. {file}
hello expired again bro.
but why you continue insert expire day? are there any reason??

© Forex Factory