Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   Stop searching for the 'Holy Grail', work on yourself! (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/907889-stop-searching-for-the-holy-grail-work-on)

bony16 May 18, 2020 4:46am | Post# 481

I just love the header and if I may add also believe in yourself!

KeenPips May 18, 2020 4:56am | Post# 482

Believing in yourself is one good step, but making yourself the best you can be is a further step.

Stay well, trade safe mate.

KP

KeenPips May 18, 2020 4:58am | Post# 483

By the way, welcome to FF. Make your membership count and be the best you could be as a valuable member of FF.

KP

KeenPips May 18, 2020 5:23am | Post# 484

How good are you at hiding your stop loss order? Maybe you can learn from the video below. As always, I have no financial interest in the presenter neither am I holding him up as a 'guru' to follow.

Trade safe and prosper.

KP

Inserted Video

bony16 May 18, 2020 3:24pm | Post# 485

By the way, welcome to FF. Make your membership count and be the best you could be as a valuable member of FF. KP {quote}
Thank you very much !

KeenPips May 19, 2020 12:19pm | Post# 486

At times we traders make things difficult for ourselves. We just have to address three things and get simple, direct clear answers on them:
1. Prevailing market direction/condition;
2. Location of potentially most profitable value area to enter a trade with minimal risk of trading capital; and
3. Potential profit target/exit location.

What do you think? How are you making things difficult for yourself?

KP

fex May 19, 2020 2:47pm | Post# 487

Hi Keen, what im doing:

1) Establishment of the direction for D1, W1 and MN according to each last movement. This brings me to point 2).
2) Determine the potential levels for a rebound in each TF (MWD). Entries.
3) I determine the TP of each operation. Usually 1/3 at 2R to protect my book, the second at an intraday (H4) or Daily (always> 3R) level, and the third indefinite TP (market conditions).

regards and thanks for your help

PS: I am interested in another question, I don't know if it is important enough: How / What do you use as "shoot" to enter a trade market when the price is in your zone/level/point? It has taken me months to come to "decent" conclusions, I don't know if they are concluded either.

KeenPips May 19, 2020 3:34pm | Post# 488

Very good that you have those areas covered. What remains to make them work are very good trading skills and mindset/trading discipline. As you might have seen in some of my charts, I use two moving averages. The main reason I use the smaller one is as a trigger for my entry on a lower time frame. I look for confluence of factors when price action gets to the zone I already identified and mapped/marked; one such factor is that the short MA must cross over the longer MA. But the first factor must be a strong price action signal/setup. I hope this helps.

Stay well, trade safe.

KP

....I am interested in another question, I don't know if it is important enough: How / What do you use as "shoot" to enter a trade market when the price is in your zone/level/point?....

fex May 19, 2020 5:15pm | Post# 489

Thanks Keen, that helps a lot, now I know that I am not an alien and that I could be on the right track in this matter. regards

KeenPips May 20, 2020 8:08am | Post# 490

Wait for the most potentially profitable setup; don't chase the market. The video below gives you some hints. As usual, I have no financial interest in the presenter neither am I holding him up as a 'guru' to follow.

Trade safe.

KP

Inserted Video

KeenPips May 22, 2020 3:41am | Post# 491

Just Sharing

When market information changes, you should review your trade plan. You will have to re-evaluate any previous analysis in light of the new information. That will keep you aligned with the change in market situation.

Stay safe, trade safe.

KP

KeenPips May 27, 2020 3:37am | Post# 492

Just Sharing

Some of us traders on this forum like to get trading signals from forum members and some 'gurus' here encourage this. But how we trade would influence how we analyse the markets and determine signals. If you want to build your trading skills on a sustainable basis for consistent trading success, learn to generate your own signals by yourself based on how you trade.

KP

KeenPips May 27, 2020 7:35am | Post# 493

Granted, this comes with experience. But you gain experience by doing; practising, making mistakes and improving. Just start, keep improving and you will soon get there.

KP

...If you want to build your trading skills on a sustainable basis for consistent trading success, learn to generate your own signals by yourself based on how you trade. KP

KeenPips May 27, 2020 1:16pm | Post# 494

The below video, although more than one year old, will help you think on getting your own trading edge and stop searching for the 'holy grail.' As usual, I have no financial interest in the presenter, neither am I holding him up as a 'guru' to follow.

Trade safe and prosper.

KP

Inserted Video

tiborf71 May 27, 2020 1:40pm | Post# 495

i think newcomers can learn a lot while searching for the holy grail.
so this motivation is very useful.
they also acquire that indispensable knowledge in the search.
of course the holy grail does not exist.

KeenPips May 27, 2020 1:45pm | Post# 496

Yes, they can eventually learn the eye opening truth that searching for the 'holy grail' is an exercise in futility.

KP

i think newcomers can learn a lot while searching for the holy grail. so this motivation is very useful. they also acquire that indispensable knowledge in the search. of course the holy grail does not exist.

tiborf71 May 27, 2020 1:52pm | Post# 497

everyone needs a motivation, a driving force that takes them forward in learning.

KeenPips May 27, 2020 1:59pm | Post# 498

If being a consistently successful Forex trader is not enough motivation to learn and continue to improve in order to be the best a trader could be, what can better be a motivation?

KP

everyone needs a motivation, a driving force that takes them forward in learning.

tiborf71 May 27, 2020 2:12pm | Post# 499

If being a consistently successful Forex trader is not enough motivation to learn and continue to improve in order to be the best a trader could be, what can better be a motivation? KP {quote}
For example, I have always been interested in economics, the financial world, world events.
for me, that was the motivation to learn.

KeenPips May 27, 2020 2:16pm | Post# 500

Good point mate. That's not about searching for the 'holy grail' of Forex trading. Besides, your motivation is not because you have always been interested in Economics. The 'why' of that interest is the motivation.

KP

{quote} For example, I have always been interested in economics, the financial world, world events. for me, that was the motivation to learn.

© Forex Factory