Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Pivot Trading Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=903271)

JoeeF Dec 5, 2019 2:08am | Post# 2121

G'day all, Joeef, following your exploits on BTM I have come for a quick look at your journal..... I have gone throu the 106 pages on comments three time!!!! Pivots trading has always interested me as well as order flow, volume etc... I am going to digest it all, if at all possible and perhaps ask a few questions before I can start contributing if okay with you Joeef? Kette you are very patient a helpful,
Welcome to my journal.

I'm looking forward for your contribution ...

And yes Kette is a BIG trader ...

All the best,
Joe

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 3:07am | Post# 2122

Wow, looks like AN wants to head down to 1.03 area. I put in a buy limit just above 1.03. Hopefully it will pick it up and then bounce north for some nice profit. Let's see what happens.

Egbert Dec 6, 2019 3:10am | Post# 2123

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, looks like AN wants to head down to 1.03 area. I put in a buy limit just above 1.03. Hopefully it will pick it up and then bounce north for some nice profit. Let's see what happens.
Already selling NZD,
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCHFM30.png
Size: 166 KB

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 3:36am | Post# 2124

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 36 KB

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 4:35am | Post# 2125

{image}
Nope.....try and try again....

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 5:03am | Post# 2126

@ Froggy, I see you are trading from Aus. Mind a question from my side?
What is the general feeling in Aus regarding the strength of the NZD $ vs the Aus $ lately? Do you guys think a turnaround is due soon?

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 5:47am | Post# 2127

@ Froggy, I see you are trading from Aus. Mind a question from my side? What is the general feeling in Aus regarding the strength of the NZD $ vs the Aus $ lately? Do you guys think a turnaround is due soon?
The economy is slowing down like the rest of the world even though Australia is in a better position than any other countries except USA. We need the china/US deal to be resolved just as much NZ needs it too. NZís economy is depend on selling its agricultural products and Australia selling its ore, tourism and education. Australia doesnít manufacture anything any longer neither is NZ. We need rain too, a good part of the farming areas have been in drought for 3-7 years. So, everything is getting really expensive! Also, the exchange rate has always been in NZ favour but we just need a little bit of help from Donald!!!

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 6:14am | Post# 2128

{quote} The economy is slowing down like the rest of the world even though Australia is in a better position than any other countries except USA. We need the china/US deal to be resolved just as much NZ needs it too. NZís economy is depend on selling its agricultural products and Australia selling its ore, tourism and education. Australia doesnít manufacture anything any longer neither is NZ. We need rain too, a good part of the farming areas have been in drought for 3-7 years. So, everything is getting really expensive! Also, the exchange rate...
Thanks for background info. It helps to align oneself with what things are like on the ground.

kette Dec 6, 2019 6:21am | Post# 2129

1 Attachment(s)
{image}
NZDCHF

Hi,
for me no short in sight m15-H4 upward trend, the volume moves upwards
Click to Enlarge

Size: 103 KB

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 6:23am | Post# 2130

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure I have got this right, but here goes.
Looking at the pics below, it looks like the USD is oversold vs the CAD on the H4 chart. I hope it goes north during the news this afternoon.
If it does, I am shorting all rallies of the USD for the next few months.
Reason I want to do so can be seen on the Monthly chart. On this chart it looks like the USD is at a high vs the CAD. Lots of room to head south.
Obviously I will keep a tab on any fundamental changes in the new year, such as interest rate changes. If anything change, I will reconsider.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD.rH4.png
Size: 101 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD.rMonthly.png
Size: 100 KB

kette Dec 6, 2019 6:31am | Post# 2131

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure I have got this right, but here goes. Looking at the pics below, it looks like the USD is oversold vs the CAD on the H4 chart. I hope it goes north during the news this afternoon. If it does, I am shorting all rallies of the USD for the next few months. Reason I want to do so can be seen on the Monthly chart. On this chart it looks like the USD is at a high vs the CAD. Lots of room to head south. Obviously I will keep a tab on any fundamental changes in the new year, such as interest rate changes. If anything change, I will reconsider....
your thoughts are correct, which we do not know if everyone sees it that way
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADH4.png
Size: 113 KB

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 6:35am | Post# 2132

{quote} your thoughts are correct, which we do not know if everyone sees it that way {image}
Got kicked back 3 times... thatís enough!!!

kette Dec 6, 2019 6:40am | Post# 2133

{quote} Got kicked back 3 times... thatís enough!!!

is ok, make yourself a big picture before

kette Dec 6, 2019 6:43am | Post# 2134

1 Attachment(s)
daily, last low left are picked up
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDCHFDaily.png
Size: 73 KB

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 7:10am | Post# 2135

Froggy, give us more detail, maybe we can give advice?
A pic can maybe help us understand where things went wrong?

Egbert Dec 6, 2019 7:56am | Post# 2136

1 Attachment(s)
Added more,
Click to Enlarge

Size: 168 KB

kette Dec 6, 2019 8:37am | Post# 2137

1 Attachment(s)
uc
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30.png
Size: 72 KB

Ratel Dec 6, 2019 12:03pm | Post# 2138

NZD seems to have no end in strengthening.

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 2139

{quote} Thanks for background info. It helps to align oneself with what things are like on the ground.
No worries any time, although my analysis might be wrong!!!

Froggy Dec 6, 2019 4:10pm | Post# 2140

{quote} Froggy, give us more detail, maybe we can give advice? A pic can maybe help us understand where things went wrong?
Thanks mate but I know where I went wrong...got lured by what I thought was a rejection. However, I should have remembered: "78 is the last chance....".
Kette was right too!!
They'll be another gravy train coming soon...I hope

© Forex Factory