Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   FXCM Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=8960)

Jason Rogers Nov 28, 2018 4:47pm | Post# 10681

Hi guys, I've been looking to switch brokers and FXCM is one of the choices I have in mind, what's the general consensus on them so far? Just a quick question, what kind of trading volume should I be looking at to qualify as an 'Active Trader'? Currently I make anywhere between 15 to 25 trades per day (am an intra-day scalper), with position sizes of 1, not more than 2 lots per trade. Does FXCM have any particular stance on scalping (minimum position hold length, stop loss position distance and etc) that I should be made aware of? Thanks in advance,...
Hi engweijie,

to qualify for active trader you would need a minimum account equity of 25,000 and monthly notional volume of 50 million. Just one caveat, I notice your profile lists that you are trading from Singapore. We are unable to open an account from residents of Singapore since we are not regulated in Singapore. If you reside outside of Singapore and would like more information, feel free to send me a private message and I can have a member of our active trader team contact you.

A benefit of our enhanced execution is that there is no restriction on scalping. You can open and close trades as quickly as you want.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 28, 2018 4:50pm | Post# 10682

does FXCM accept skrill for deposit and withdrawal?
Hi lordadry,

Yes, Skrill is an option for deposit and withdrawal in addition to credit/debit card, Union Pay, Neteller and bank wire. The various options and instructions can be found here https://www.fxcm.com/markets/deposit-funds/

Jason

Risk Warning: Losses can exceed deposits.

pooh123 Nov 28, 2018 10:39pm | Post# 10683

{quote} Hi pooh, Try the historical data downloader from the FXCM App Store https://www.fxcmapps.com/apps/basic-...ta-downloader/ Jason
Thank you Jason.

engweijie Nov 29, 2018 1:01am | Post# 10684

{quote} Hi engweijie, to qualify for active trader you would need a minimum account equity of 25,000 and monthly notional volume of 50 million. Just one caveat, I notice your profile lists that you are trading from Singapore. We are unable to open an account from residents of Singapore since we are not regulated in Singapore. If you reside outside of Singapore and would like more information, feel free to send me a private message and I can have a member of our active trader team contact you. A benefit of our enhanced execution is that there is...
Thanks for the reply Jason. I think my transactional volume would qualify but it is most unfortunate to hear that I can't register because of country restrictions.

Thanks again for the response!

mod-x Nov 29, 2018 11:42pm | Post# 10685

Do you know what is stop level for fxcm? If I am not wrong stop level is more than zero that conflict with my strategy.

Jason Rogers Nov 30, 2018 11:12am | Post# 10686

Do you know what is stop level for fxcm? If I am not wrong stop level is more than zero that conflict with my strategy.
Hi mod-x,

There are no restrictions on placing stops and limits. You can place the order as close to the current market price as you want.

Jason

Jason Rogers Dec 3, 2018 4:47pm | Post# 10687

Product Announcement - Three New CFDs Added

FXCM announced today that we have added three new CFD products which you can now begin trading. Those products are WHEATF and CORNF, which have the wheat and corn futures as their underlying reference*, as well as the Index CFD US2000, a cash based CFD of the Russell 2000 Index.

If you don't see the new products in the dealing rates window, you will need to add them via the subscription list in order to trade and view charts. From Trading Station Desktop click the Symbols button at the top of the platform, or if using Trading Station Web click on the Subscription List option in the menu on the left hand side of the platform.

Jason

*CME Group Market Data is used under license as a source of information for certain FXCM products. CME Group has no other connection to FXCM products and services as listed above and does not sponsor, endorse, recommend or promote any FXCM products or services. CME Group has no obligation or liability in connection with the FXCM products and services. CME Group does not guarantee the accuracy and/or the completeness of any market data licensed to FXCM and shall not have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions therein. There are no third party beneficiaries of any agreements or arrangements between CME Group and FXCM.

mlawson71 Dec 6, 2018 8:54am | Post# 10688

The German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin) has ordered FXC Markets to immediately cease offering investment services and advice to German investors. BaFin stated that the two companies associated with the brand, CRLINK Limited and BT Systems LTD, are not authorised by it.

Both BaFIN and the British regulator FCA have previously warned that FXC Markets is a clone of FXCM and is taking advantage of its misleading name.

Be careful who you contact people, make sure you're talking to the real FXCM.

keen246 Dec 14, 2018 6:47pm | Post# 10689

Hi guys, I've been looking to switch brokers and FXCM is one of the choices I have in mind, what's the general consensus on them so far? Just a quick question, what kind of trading volume should I be looking at to qualify as an 'Active Trader'? Currently I make anywhere between 15 to 25 trades per day (am an intra-day scalper), with position sizes of 1, not more than 2 lots per trade. Does FXCM have any particular stance on scalping (minimum position hold length, stop loss position distance and etc) that I should be made aware of? Thanks in advance,...
Make your due diligence and you'll find out what FXCM is. To save you sometime, let me summarize it briefly: FXCM is a scam! Read why is was banned from the USA. But if still you don't believe me, be my guest and see for yourself by opening an account. Hopefully you won't lose too much. There is nothign like first hand experience anyway.

Redbaron81 Dec 14, 2018 7:31pm | Post# 10690

{quote} Make your due diligence and you'll find out what FXCM is. To save you sometime, let me summarize it briefly: FXCM is a scam! Read why is was banned from the USA. But if still you don't believe me, be my guest and see for yourself by opening an account. Hopefully you won't lose too much. There is nothign like first hand experience anyway.
I have good experience with them so I got to defend them a bit here...I've been making money with them and they have been very professional...Yeah they misguided people by saying they are True ECN but were dealing desk and got punished for it. But you got to know that 99% (only one I know that's legit is LMAX) of all brokers out there are dealing desks at some level if you dig deep enough. If you a losing newbie trader then almost all brokers will be on the other side of your trades no matter what they say. Scam is when broker has no regulation and folds shop and takes your money...imho Look deep enough into all these big ECN brokers, they are all market makers at some level.

keen246 Dec 14, 2018 8:02pm | Post# 10691

{quote} I have good experience with them so I got to defend them a bit here...I've been making money with them and they have been very professional...Yeah they misguided people by saying they are True ECN but were dealing desk and got punished for it. But you got to know that 99% (only one I know that's legit is LMAX) of all brokers out there are dealing desks at some level if you dig deep enough. If you a losing newbie trader then almost all brokers will be on the other side of your trades no matter what they say. Scam is when broker has no regulation...
Good for you! There isn't any experienced trader trading with FXCM. Why? Wait an see.

Redbaron81 Dec 14, 2018 9:25pm | Post# 10692

{quote} Good for you! There isn't any experienced trader trading with FXCM. Why? Wait an see.
Say who? Their monthly Volume is around 200 billion if you look it up...that's one of the biggest in the market. Of course they have tons of professional (experienced) as well as none professional traders.

p.warrior Dec 18, 2018 1:11am | Post# 10693

NEW Trading Station Desktop update Attention Trading Station Desktop users: A new update is available for your platform. This update is not yet automatic when you log into your account, but clients who want to use the latest features now can get the new version today. Simply go to "Help > Software Updates" from the menu bar at the top of your Trading Station and follow the steps to complete the installation. One of my favorite new features is the Simulation Mode. This allows you to replay market data at real or accelerated speed (for example, 10...
Hi Jason,

How do I save progress in the simulation mode and pick up where I left off?
I've tried using save project but it's not working. Re-opening the project always bring me back to the beginning of the simulation period instead of where I left off (with trading histories).

Thanks

FXCyborg Dec 18, 2018 3:23am | Post# 10694

{quote} I have good experience with them so I got to defend them a bit here...I've been making money with them and they have been very professional...Yeah they misguided people by saying they are True ECN but were dealing desk and got punished for it. But you got to know that 99% (only one I know that's legit is LMAX) of all brokers out there are dealing desks at some level if you dig deep enough. If you a losing newbie trader then almost all brokers will be on the other side of your trades no matter what they say. Scam is when broker has no regulation...
then you're the only one... ive was with FXCM when the first came online, from day one, and ever since they have manipulated prices, and spreads... BILLIONS of dollars over the 28 years was scammed by them through their sister company, RefCo.

RefCo back in the late 90's, give or take a year, was busted and taken off the financial services list and banned for life... Roll on until last year, they were given a final warning which FXCM ignored, scamming billions again, were finally completely removed and restricted for operating any company around the world soliciting funds for trading..

and to be honest. you have no clue what FXCM did or didnt do.. they operated a HYIP Company called C-Currency, it lasted for almost 3 years where over $8 million of peoples money was used to set up FXCM Platform development. I was one who was scammed for $187,000 USD - so I ran some due diligence checks with some high profile government employees Im very close to, to investigate the IP addresses coming from C=Currency and the company FXCM who they said they were trading with... they were both one in the same.

I had to fly to LA to submit evidence.

and no, that is not true that 99% of brokers are just dealing desks, and FXCM never said they wasnt a dealing desk either. what they were done for was manipulating the spreads via the dealing desk.

Man, I wish ppl on this forum would stop talking crap all the time like as if they really know what went on

Redbaron81 Dec 18, 2018 9:31am | Post# 10695

{quote} then you're the only one... ive was with FXCM when the first came online, from day one, and ever since they have manipulated prices, and spreads... BILLIONS of dollars over the 28 years was scammed by them through their sister company, RefCo. RefCo back in the late 90's, give or take a year, was busted and taken off the financial services list and banned for life... Roll on until last year, they were given a final warning which FXCM ignored, scamming billions again, were finally completely removed and restricted for operating any company...
Ok man I don't know how you lost 185k by them manipulating spreads few pippets or even by few pips (even if they did). I can trade with 5 pip spread and still make money...give me a brake. Your just another over leveraged loser blaming the broker for your inability to trade or placing shitty stops. This board is so toxic with bitterness its crazy...I can see how any profitable trader runs from here. Your all just boiling in your own excuses, and feeding of each others negativity.

FXCyborg Dec 18, 2018 10:47am | Post# 10696

{quote} Ok man I don't know how you lost 185k by them manipulating spreads few pippets or even by few pips (even if they did). I can trade with 5 pip spread and still make money...give me a brake. Your just another over leveraged loser blaming the broker for your inability to trade or placing shitty stops. This board is so toxic with bitterness its crazy...I can see how any profitable trader runs from here. Your all just boiling in your own excuses, and feeding of each others negativity.

Hey dumbbell, i never said i lost that money in forex via fxcm, learn to read, i said in the HYIP program that fxcm used to create their platform.

yeh go ignore me you idiot. ignorant keyboard monkie

Jason Rogers Dec 18, 2018 11:23am | Post# 10697

{quote} and to be honest. you have no clue what FXCM did or didnt do.. they operated a HYIP Company called C-Currency, it lasted for almost 3 years where over $8 million of peoples money was used to set up FXCM Platform development. I was one who was scammed for $187,000 USD - so I ran some due diligence checks with some high profile government employees Im very close to, to investigate the IP addresses coming from C=Currency and the company FXCM who they said they were trading with... they were both one in the same.
Hi FXCyborg,

To be honest, this sounds like something completely made up with no credible information to back it up. Please don’t take offense, it’s just hard to give weight to an anonymous report with no additional information given. If you were scammed then you should certainly report it. I can point out numerous examples of disreputable companies trying to scam traders with similar sounding names to FXCM or that copy our website. FXCM is a highly regulated company, and regulators often warn traders of clone sites or scams as pointed out a few days ago on our thread:

The German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin) has ordered FXC Markets to immediately cease offering investment services and advice to German investors. BaFin stated that the two companies associated with the brand, CRLINK Limited and BT Systems LTD, are not authorised by it. Both BaFIN and the British regulator FCA have previously warned that FXC Markets is a clone of FXCM and is taking advantage of its misleading name. Be careful who you contact people, make sure you're talking to the real FXCM.
Jason

FXCyborg Dec 18, 2018 1:19pm | Post# 10698

Jason, i dont give a rats what you think, you're just some cheer leader for a scamming company.. and i recent the implication that I would come to this forum and make up stuff for the fun of it. I unlike you, am not a keyboard warrior, who spends his boring life on this forum kissing a companies butt.

So you and FXCM can take a long running jump... FXCM is not a highly regulated company - they were getting away with blue murder, until recently being banned to never return, FXCM is now under the operation of new management.

So take your opinions and wipe your butt with them. I can stand scammers and those who support them..

Jason Rogers Dec 18, 2018 4:12pm | Post# 10699

{quote} Hi Jason, How do I save progress in the simulation mode and pick up where I left off? I've tried using save project but it's not working. Re-opening the project always bring me back to the beginning of the simulation period instead of where I left off (with trading histories). Thanks
Hi p.warrior,

Saving the project is going to save the parameters you set when initially setting up the simulation and is not going to save the history or activity up to that point. When you re-open the saved project, it will re-start the simulation with the original saved parameters such as the initial balance, lot size, account currency, market data, margin requirements, etc. Sorry this isn't likely what you were hoping to hear, but I will send your feedback over as a new feature suggestion to the development team.

Jason

Jason Rogers Dec 20, 2018 1:48pm | Post# 10700

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Please note the special holiday hours below for both trading and customer support for the Christmas and New Year holiday's. CFD holiday hours can be found here. Please be aware that during the holidays rollovers may be larger than normal due to illiquid markets.

Name:  UK Holiday Hours 12-12-2018 11-20-28 AM.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  96 KB

I will be out of the office until the new year, so any questions or private messages will be answered once I return.

Happy Holidays !

Jason

emmanuel7788 Jan 1, 2019 7:45pm | Post# 10701

Hi Everyone, Please note the special holiday hours below for both trading and customer support for the Christmas and New Year holiday's. CFD holiday hours can be found here. Please be aware that during the holidays rollovers may be larger than normal due to illiquid markets. {image} I will be out of the office until the new year, so any questions or private messages will be answered once I return. Happy Holidays...

Hi Jason,

Season's Greetings.

Just a question, is there any server migration this holidays period?

I don't seem to be able to see my trade history in the server FXCM-USDReal08.

Thanks.

regards,

Jason Rogers Jan 4, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 10702

{quote} Hi Jason, Season's Greetings. Just a question, is there any server migration this holidays period? I don't seem to be able to see my trade history in the server FXCM-USDReal08. Thanks. regards,
Hi emmanuel,

Happy new year! We didn't have any server migration over the holiday period that I am aware of so not sure why you would be experiencing this, but we can certainly help. Were you able to contact customer support to have them investigate? If not, feel free to send me an email jrogers [at] fxcm.com and I will have the team take a look at it.

Jason

ppsaoda Jan 5, 2019 11:09am | Post# 10703

{quote} Say who? Their monthly Volume is around 200 billion if you look it up...that's one of the biggest in the market. Of course they have tons of professional (experienced) as well as none professional traders.
Same. Been trading with fxcm more than 3 years. I dunno why ppl say its a scam.
at the end of the day, its you who buy or sell. If they trade against you - who is profitable, then its too bad for them.

Josh4321 Jan 8, 2019 7:58am | Post# 10704

Hey
New member wondering how to send private messages?

Jason Rogers Jan 11, 2019 8:56am | Post# 10705

Hey New member wondering how to send private messages?
Hi Josh,

I believe you have to have a minimum number of posts in order to send private messages, but the moderators would be able to confirm. If you need to reach me directly for something related to an FXCM account my email is jrogers[at]fxcm.com

Jason

mfoste1 Jan 15, 2019 8:46pm | Post# 10706

@jasonrogers there is much data missing from 8H charts of SPX500 and NAS100. Would you yell at data ops?

Jason Rogers Jan 17, 2019 9:42am | Post# 10707

@jasonrogers there is much data missing from 8H charts of SPX500 and NAS100. Would you yell at data ops?
Hi mfoste,

I'm checking my charts and I'm not seeing missing data. Can you send me a screenshot of your chart?

There was an issue last week causing missing data on some of the charts on Trading Station desktop, but it has been resolved. Try these instructions as well if using Trading Station desktop

1. Shut down Trading Station
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\QuoteStorage
3. Delete the History folder that you see there.
4. Open Trading Station and your Marketscope charts again and the issue should be resolved.

Jason

robgsxr Jan 24, 2019 8:07am | Post# 10708

3 Attachment(s)
Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ?

The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order.
Name:  fxcm2.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  18 KB Name:  fxcm.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  26 KB

I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices.

This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close.
Name:  Capturefxcm 1 min.JPG
Views: 837
Size:  13 KB
Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place.

This problem happens often on the FXCM MT4 but I don't have the same number of occurences on the Trade Station2 platform.

Have there been issues with the MT4 platform this morning that would explain this problem?

keen246 Jan 24, 2019 10:31am | Post# 10709

People on this thread have been warned time and again that FXCM is a bucket shop. But I guess people have to learn the hard way.

Jason Rogers Jan 25, 2019 4:34pm | Post# 10710

Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ? The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order. {image} {image} I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices. This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close. {image} Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place. This problem happens often on the...
Hi rob,

We typically see the invalid prices message when an invalid order type is being used to place a trade. For example, if trying to set a buy limit below the ask price. But I see you mentioned you were manually trying to close the order. Our support team can investigate what caused this on the MT4 platform, and I will have them reach out to you by phone or email to help.

Jason

robgsxr Jan 25, 2019 5:38pm | Post# 10711

{quote} Hi rob, We typically see the invalid prices message when an invalid order type is being used to place a trade. For example, if trying to set a buy limit below the ask price. But I see you mentioned you were manually trying to close the order. Our support team can investigate what caused this on the MT4 platform, and I will have them reach out to you by phone or email to help. Jason
Thanks, yes simply trying to close orders manually.
It happened several times during the day and also has occurred other times but I generally closes after upto three attempts this one shown was seven times before accepting the instruction.

CarsonKT Apr 5, 2019 7:27pm | Post# 10712

{quote} Hi FXBarbarian, I was able to get more detailed information from our support team on the pricing for NinjaTrader accounts. New NinjaTrader accounts with FXCM have no pip-mark up added to the spread. That is why there is no longer information regarding a spread mark-up on the website. This was changed a couple of months ago when NinjaTrader decided to no longer offer a Free license to clients wanting to trade FX with brokers like FXCM. Traders now purchase the lease package or lifetime package from NinjaTrader directly instead of paying a...
Hi Jason,
I am in the process of opening my account with FXCM via Friedberg Direct in Canada,
I chose to open the Ninjatrader account, but according to your reply above, my understanding is I have to have a licenses of Ninja trader in order to trade my account? I haven't seen anywhere on the website mentioned this prerequisite, might need your clarification on this. Thanks.

Jason Rogers Apr 8, 2019 11:21am | Post# 10713

{quote} Hi Jason, I am in the process of opening my account with FXCM via Friedberg Direct in Canada, I chose to open the Ninjatrader account, but according to your reply above, my understanding is I have to have a licenses of Ninja trader in order to trade my account? I haven't seen anywhere on the website mentioned this prerequisite, might need your clarification on this. Thanks.
Hi Carson,

That's correct, you will need to get the NinjaTrader license separately from NinjaTrader in order to use the platform with the account you have setup with FXCM. They have various options from licensing on a recurring basis or buying a lifetime license. Once you have the license setup, they provide instructions on connecting to the platform with your FXCM account https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Jason

CarsonKT Apr 8, 2019 2:23pm | Post# 10714

{quote} Hi Carson, That's correct, you will need to get the NinjaTrader license separately from NinjaTrader in order to use the platform with the account you have setup with FXCM. They have various options from licensing on a recurring basis or buying a lifetime license. Once you have the license setup, they provide instructions on connecting to the platform with your FXCM account https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide Jason
Thanks Jason.
It's interesting that I can't seem to find anywhere the valid licenses requirement, not even from ninjatrader's own marketing material
Anyway, I shouldn't assume I can use free licenses to trade a live account.
Well, if I already applied for a live trading account, will the credential work for MT4 as well? Or that has to be a separate application.

Thanks.

BTW, FXCM account open is waaaaay to slow compared to, say...Oanda.

Jason Rogers Apr 8, 2019 3:39pm | Post# 10715

{quote} Thanks Jason. It's interesting that I can't seem to find anywhere the valid licenses requirement, not even from ninjatrader's own marketing material Anyway, I shouldn't assume I can use free licenses to trade a live account. Well, if I already applied for a live trading account, will the credential work for MT4 as well? Or that has to be a separate application. Thanks. BTW, FXCM account open is waaaaay to slow compared to, say...Oanda.
Hi Carson,

A new application should not be required to use MT4. I will reach out by private message to get your details and check with our operations team on getting it setup on MT4 instead.

Jason

CarsonKT Apr 11, 2019 7:22pm | Post# 10716

Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ? The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order. {image} {image} I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices. This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close. {image} Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place. This problem happens often on the...

Hi robgsxr, did you find the answer to your question? I am experiencing the same problem today, fortunately, I was in my demo account and when I want to manually close the position by clicking the little "x" I got rejected, for each position, I have to click about 3 times to get it closed.

It seems that the quotes we get from fxcm are expired very quick, I notice if I try to close a position as soon as the quote changes, I have a better chance at the first attempt. I got my account open done this week, but now I need to do more test on their platform before I make my decision.

robgsxr Apr 12, 2019 2:55am | Post# 10717

{quote} Hi robgsxr, did you find the answer to your question? I am experiencing the same problem today, fortunately, I was in my demo account and when I want to manually close the position by clicking the little "x" I got rejected, for each position, I have to click about 3 times to get it closed. It seems that the quotes we get from fxcm are expired very quick, I notice if I try to close a position as soon as the quote changes, I have a better chance at the first attempt. I got my account open done this week, but now I need to do more test on their...
Hi CarsonKT, Unfortunately after being asked to change all sorts of system settings which made no sense as they had been set as they were for many years I still have the problem. I was even advised to re-install the entire platform which is a pain as you have to back up and re-install any ea's and custom indicators you are running.
All along I have assumed it was something to do with an automatic update many months ago which always seemed to be the logical answer. FXCM tech decided otherwise and assumed it must be something wrong with my end, hence many weeks in and only now have they looked into their platform.
I have been told this week that it is something to do with MT4 as a number of other platform users from FXCM customer base are experiencing the same issue and it appears you are also.
They have said Metatrader have been contacted and they are looking into the problem. For the months I have lived with the issue I have managed by simply moving stop losses to as close as the system allows and losing a few extra pips to close each time.
I run FXCM Trade station also and although I can say that I havn't experienced this sort of issue on that I do experience other frequent crashes on the charting package. It constantly asks if I want to report the crash but again it has happened so many times and I reported often early on but nothing was done so I just ignore and restsart the platform each time.
Sorry to say, I can't give you much of a favourable recommendation for these platforms today.

CarsonKT Apr 12, 2019 4:40pm | Post# 10718

{quote} Hi CarsonKT, Unfortunately after being asked to change all sorts of system settings which made no sense as they had been set as they were for many years I still have the problem. I was even advised to re-install the entire platform which is a pain as you have to back up and re-install any ea's and custom indicators you are running. All along I have assumed it was something to do with an automatic update many months ago which always seemed to be the logical answer. FXCM tech decided otherwise and assumed it must be something wrong with my...
Thanks for your reply. I really hope they can find a solution to the problem. I tried today that the record I currently set is 10 clicks before I can close the position.
I found during that time their quotes on MT4 one click trading were kind of frozen. Their MT4 is just too bad for scalpers, lol, fortunately, that's not my trading style
and their SL and TP prices are spot on. I am going to demo on their Ninjatrader next week, see if things are better.

Today I found some interesting content from their website.
FRIEDBERG DIRECT METATRADER 4 MARKUPS
A 0.1 pip mark-up is added to spread for the use of MT4. The 0.1 pip is in addition to the regular mark-up Friedberg Direct adds to the spreads it receives from liquidity providers. Friedberg Direct MetaTrader 4 allows for order sizes up to 50 million per trade. Traders have the ability to trade incremental sizes (multiple orders of 50 million for the same pair). The Friedberg Direct MetaTrader 4 Platform does not show pip costs.

but I compared the online Trader Station quote and MT4 quote, there is no reflection of such markup. don't know what to believe.

I am stilling bouncing between FXCM and Oanda

robgsxr Apr 13, 2019 4:57am | Post# 10719

{quote} Thanks for your reply. I really hope they can find a solution to the problem. I tried today that the record I currently set is 10 clicks before I can close the position. I found during that time their quotes on MT4 one click trading were kind of frozen. Their MT4 is just too bad for scalpers, lol, fortunately, that's not my trading style and their SL and TP prices are spot on. I am going to demo on their Ninjatrader next week, see if things are better. Today I found some interesting content from their website. {quote} but I compared the...
Haha I had 8 in a row once.
There is sometimes a difference in price between their tradestaion 2 and their MT4 but I haven't checked what the disparity means for the bottom line..

I'm not familiar with Oanda, would be interested in how you get on with Ninja trader as never looked at it.

DailyChart Apr 16, 2019 1:59pm | Post# 10720

Hi Jason,

What is your AUDDEMO01 Daily Close Time use ? NewYork London or Australia ? Why the Opening and close is different with FXPRo NewYork Close chart

© Forex Factory