Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/74-broker-discussion)
-   -   FXCM Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/8960-fxcm-discussion)

Petetrader Oct 13, 2018 7:41am | Post# 10641

I wonder why they do not improve these things in Meta Trader. it is the most common platform, and they do barely nothing to improve it.

Redbaron81 Oct 18, 2018 8:31pm | Post# 10642

Hello someone stated something on another thread.

"Also, doesn't FXCM have some kind of clause, that if you have an open trade that's been running a loss for 5 days, they close it on you?"

Is there any truth to this? will fxcm close trades that are in negative for a long time?
thank you

Jason Rogers Oct 22, 2018 12:12pm | Post# 10643

Hello someone stated something on another thread. "Also, doesn't FXCM have some kind of clause, that if you have an open trade that's been running a loss for 5 days, they close it on you?" Is there any truth to this? will fxcm close trades that are in negative for a long time? thank you
Hi Redbaron,

No, there's no truth to it. Your trade will remain open unless your account runs out of margin, a conditional order is created to close the trade, or if you close it yourself.

Jason

405512 Oct 25, 2018 3:00pm | Post# 10644

what is the leverage of fxcm for canadian traders?

Redbaron81 Oct 25, 2018 4:10pm | Post# 10645

Its very low. Like 1:20. With 25k account I can open only 2 lots on GBPUSD. 10k margin per 1 lot needed. Its insane.

raaammy Oct 26, 2018 4:12am | Post# 10646

Hi Jason,

does FXCM still operate a SIPP account?

Jason Rogers Oct 29, 2018 10:07am | Post# 10647

Here's where you can find the margin requirements for accounts opened with Friedberg Direct powered by FXCM technology https://www.fxcm.com/ca/forex-margin...e-guide.jsp#q4 . In Canada, the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) is the self-regulatory organization that sets margin requirements.

Jason Rogers Oct 29, 2018 10:11am | Post# 10648

Hi Jason, does FXCM still operate a SIPP account?
Hi raaammy,

Yes, UK clients can invest funds held in a SIPP into a trading account with FXCM. If you're interested in setting it up, our support team can send you more information by email on SIPP providers that work with FXCM and any other information you need to get started.

Jason

79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.

You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

raaammy Oct 29, 2018 4:13pm | Post# 10649

Hi Jason,

I contacted FXCM through their online chat.
I asked if it was possible to trade forex pairs in a SIPP with FXCM.
Eva Gonzalea sent me a list of SIPP providers and so I went to their websites.
I could not find one who would allow forex trading through a SIPP.
I contacted FXCM again through the online chat and explained I had been sent the list of FXCM SIPP providers, but could not find one who allowed forex trading.
Adam M said - You can trade fx pairs and commodities along with indices.
I said - Can you name one SIPP provider who I can trade FX pairs with FXCM (through a SIPP) because according to those I have looked at (from your list) not one of them allows forex trading through their SIPPS.
Adam M said - We cant recommend other brokers, you can make your own research.

I could not believe Adam M had told me to do my own research! He told me I could trade forex through a SIPP with FXCM and do this through one of FXCM SIPP providers. Unless Adam thinks he is working for the secret service and that as a matter of national security he is unable to answer my question, I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for the details of just one company that I can trade with.

Can you help?

Jason Rogers Oct 31, 2018 1:18pm | Post# 10650

Hi Jason, I contacted FXCM through their online chat. I asked if it was possible to trade forex pairs in a SIPP with FXCM. Eva Gonzalea sent me a list of SIPP providers and so I went to their websites. I could not find one who would allow forex trading through a SIPP. I contacted FXCM again through the online chat and explained I had been sent the list of FXCM SIPP providers, but could not find one who allowed forex trading. Adam M said - You can trade fx pairs and commodities along with indices. I said - Can you name one SIPP provider who I can...
Hi raaammy,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and my apologies that our customer support team was not more helpful. It is certainly not the experience we want you to have, and I'm going to bring it to the attention of our management team.

Jason

sam69 Oct 31, 2018 7:33pm | Post# 10651

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi raaammy, Thanks for bringing this to my attention and my apologies that our customer support team was not more helpful. It is certainly not the experience we want you to have, and I'm going to bring it to the attention of our management team. Jason
hello jason,

yesterday i had a buy trade for usdcad and my stopplos at 1.31088
the lowest bid price printed is at 1.31095 but my stopploss got triggered and the trade is lost
could you explain it to me how is that possible to trigger it without touching the price?
thank you in advance!
Click to Enlarge

Name: price.png
Size: 5 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ucad.png
Size: 33 KB

sam69 Oct 31, 2018 8:04pm | Post# 10652

.... Adam M said - You can trade fx pairs and commodities along with indices. I said - Can you name one SIPP provider who I can...
he also was unable to answer my question above and said to me your stopploss will be triggered through the ask price, butt that i know already!

robgsxr Nov 1, 2018 4:44am | Post# 10653

{quote} he also was unable to answer my question above and said to me your stopploss will be triggered through the ask price, butt that i know already!
Sorry to tell you this Sam, FXCM removed many of my trades in the past when price had not touched my stop loss.
I think I posted some of them on here in the past showing the raw data from my platform showing the prices reached during the minute the stop was taken which was far enough away from my price even factoring in a hidden spread that the trade should have remained active.
I thought they might have stopped the practice after the U.S. government fined them and banned them from trading in America for other illegal wrong doing but it seems from your experience they might still be taking out trades.
You could send your info to the regulator in your country and also put a review on here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/.
If enough people do this maybe the brokers will eventually play fair.
Good luck

Jason Rogers Nov 1, 2018 1:54pm | Post# 10654

{quote} hello jason, yesterday i had a buy trade for usdcad and my stopplos at 1.31088 the lowest bid price printed is at 1.31095 but my stopploss got triggered and the trade is lost could you explain it to me how is that possible to trigger it without touching the price? thank you in advance! {image} {image}
Hi sam,

Thanks for the post, and I'm always happy to help. I checked my chart and I'm seeing the low price as 1.31085 on the candlestick for standard account pricing. I don't have all the details on your account, but the one thing I can think of is possibly related to the MT4 Market Watch windown price vs. chart price I discussed a few months back in this post. However, I would like to fully investigate what occurred so you have an explanation if you could please send me details by email jrogers [AT] fxcm.com . In the rare event it is a technical issue, our audit team can make an adjustment for the trade.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 1, 2018 2:11pm | Post# 10655

{quote} Sorry to tell you this Sam, FXCM removed many of my trades in the past when price had not touched my stop loss.
Hi rob,

It is possible for trades to be closed before a stop loss is touched if a margin call occurs before the stop loss level. We're always happy to review trades via a trade audit if this is not the case and you think there was an error in execution.

Jason

robgsxr Nov 1, 2018 5:49pm | Post# 10656

{quote} Hi rob, It is possible for trades to be closed before a stop loss is touched if a margin call occurs before the stop loss level. We're always happy to review trades via a trade audit if this is not the case and you think there was an error in execution. Jason
thanks

sam69 Nov 1, 2018 9:26pm | Post# 10657

{quote} Hi sam, Thanks for the post, and I'm always happy to help. I checked my chart and I'm seeing the low price as 1.31085 on the candlestick for standard account pricing. I don't have all the details on your account, but the one thing I can think of is possibly related to the MT4 Market Watch windown price vs. chart price I discussed a few months back in this post. However, I would like to fully investigate what occurred so you have an explanation if you could please...
thank you jason,

i've sent an email to you

hoping for an answer soon, thanks!

sam69 Nov 1, 2018 9:28pm | Post# 10658

{quote} Sorry to tell you this Sam, FXCM removed many of my trades in the past when price had not touched my stop loss. I think I posted some of them on here in the past showing the raw data from my platform showing the prices reached during the minute the stop was taken which was far enough away from my price even factoring in a hidden spread that the trade should have remained active. I thought they might have stopped the practice after the U.S. government fined them and banned them from trading in America for other illegal wrong doing but it...
thank you rob,
thank you for the link, much appreciated!

Jason Rogers Nov 2, 2018 10:59am | Post# 10659

{quote} thank you jason, i've sent an email to you hoping for an answer soon, thanks!
Thanks sam. I got your email. The support team will review the details and be in contact with you.

Jason

Nivad Nov 4, 2018 6:38am | Post# 10660

Did anybody else get an email this week from FXCM about updated rate cards?
It talks about charging commission along with spread on each trade.

Hey Jason did this email go out to everybody or just me?

mfoste1 Nov 4, 2018 12:53pm | Post# 10661

is anyone else having issues logging into trading station desktop this weekend?

Ive tried to log in yesterday and today and it tells me trade servers are unavailable at this time. just wondering if this is a weekend maintenance by fxcm?

beardata Nov 4, 2018 5:16pm | Post# 10662

2 Attachment(s)
Did anybody else get an email this week from FXCM about updated rate cards? It talks about charging commission along with spread on each trade. Hey Jason did this email go out to everybody or just me?
I also received an email like this and noted the following clause:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-11-05 08_12_46-Window.png
Size: 14 KB

In the PDS, there is then the following clause:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-11-05 08_14_54-Window.png
Size: 29 KB

What this (should) mean is, that unless you have explicitly been told you're going to be charged a commission, you won't be charged a commission.

johnno8585 Nov 5, 2018 6:23am | Post# 10663

{quote} 1- Do not use FXCM to trade news...........their policies will forbid you to do it successfully...............hardly think that makes them Thieves!?!?!? 2- Besides a situation relative to statement #1, can anyone offer any constructive arguement verifying how FXCM steals money????? Regardless of your platform, I suggest never placing stop losses at psychological barriers or right at R/S lines...........you will lose $$ with any broker then, IMHO!! 3- If you are a momentum or position trader, the problems that occur during high volatility,...

Always find it funny when traders complain about trading news events.

Even with EA scalpers running at this time, you just cant beat algo traders to the event. After they hit the market for millions at a time, ToB is destroyed along with your chances to get a perfect fill.

Jason Rogers Nov 5, 2018 2:21pm | Post# 10664

Did anybody else get an email this week from FXCM about updated rate cards? It talks about charging commission along with spread on each trade. Hey Jason did this email go out to everybody or just me?
Hi Nivad,

Active trader accounts at FXCM pay a reduced spread and commission. Pricing for regular standard accounts is all-inclusive, meaning you only pay the spread since FXCM's compensation is included in the spread. I did a quick search and did not see an email go out regarding spreads and commissions. If you could forward me the email directly at jrogers [at] fxcm.com so I can see exactly what was sent to you for the entity you trade with I would be happy to take a look.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 5, 2018 2:24pm | Post# 10665

is anyone else having issues logging into trading station desktop this weekend? Ive tried to log in yesterday and today and it tells me trade servers are unavailable at this time. just wondering if this is a weekend maintenance by fxcm?
Hi mfoste1,

I know there were login issues for some demos and I see you are located in the United States, so you may have been impacted by this. If the issue is still occurring, please sign on to live chat and our tech support team can help investigate.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 6, 2018 1:15pm | Post# 10666

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Krypt0n1te, Yes it will! From recent updates I have received, we are getting closer to an initial release for iOS and Android for trading notifications which would include market orders, conditional orders, and margin calls. Thanks for your patience with the release, and I know we are all looking forward to it. Jason
Hi Krypt0n1te,

Wanted to let you know that push notifications are now available for the Trading Station Mobile app. Here's a screenshot of where to find it after updating to the newest version.

Click to Enlarge

Name: push notification 11-6-2018 1-13-28 PM.jpg
Size: 106 KB

Krypt0n1te Nov 6, 2018 3:31pm | Post# 10667

{quote} Hi Krypt0n1te, Wanted to let you know that push notifications are now available for the Trading Station Mobile app. Here's a screenshot of where to find it after updating to the newest version. {image}
Awesome stuff Jason, thank you.

Just a quick question. Will you still receive the push notifications if Trading Station is open on the Desktop?

I activated the push notifications on both my accounts. A couple of buy and sell orders triggered but received no notification. Please note Trading Station was open on my PC the whole time.

Regards

sam69 Nov 6, 2018 8:55pm | Post# 10668

{quote} Thanks sam. I got your email. The support team will review the details and be in contact with you. Jason

mmmh, still no contact from support team...

johnno8585 Nov 7, 2018 5:20am | Post# 10669

{quote} Hi Nivad, Active trader accounts at FXCM pay a reduced spread and commission. Pricing for regular standard accounts is all-inclusive, meaning you only pay the spread since FXCM's compensation is included in the spread. I did a quick search and did not see an email go out regarding spreads and commissions. If you could forward me the email directly at jrogers [at] fxcm.com so I can see exactly what was sent to you for the entity you trade with I would be happy to take a look. Jason

Hey Jason

What is your discount for Active Traders?

Keen to hear more about what you can do.

Thanks!

Jason Rogers Nov 7, 2018 3:33pm | Post# 10670

{quote} Awesome stuff Jason, thank you. Just a quick question. Will you still receive the push notifications if Trading Station is open on the Desktop? I activated the push notifications on both my accounts. A couple of buy and sell orders triggered but received no notification. Please note Trading Station was open on my PC the whole time. Regards
Hi Krypt0n1te,

I received an update that the push notifications were rolled back for Android. If you're using Android and not receiving the alert, this would be why. We're working on a fix and I'll make an update once it is rolled out. Push notifications are still available for iOS devices.

To answer your question in general, the mobile notification feature shown in the screenshot is for push notifications on your mobile device. Having the desktop platform open on a PC would not interfere with the notifications being sent to your mobile device if push notifications are enabled on the mobile app.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 7, 2018 3:47pm | Post# 10671

{quote} Hey Jason What is your discount for Active Traders? Keen to hear more about what you can do. Thanks!

Hi Johnno,

The average Active Trader discount across our major pairs (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, AUD/USD, EUR/JPY, and GBP/JPY) is 62.4% . Here's where you can find more details on Active Trader pricing https://www.fxcm.com/uk/accounts/act...e-trader-price and if you need more information I would be happy to get you in touch with the active trader team.

Jason

andy.marvel Nov 16, 2018 6:30am | Post# 10672

Is FXCM REST API available for developers who want to make commercial application and the clients might not have FXCM account ? How much is the API ? Thanks!

winstonfx Nov 17, 2018 12:26am | Post# 10673

I read news that was not good for FXCM.
This news https://www.leaprate.com/forex/broke...-at-70m-in-q3/

I trade with FXCM Markets (FXCMM), which are not regulated.
I am worried if FXCM is declared bankrupt because it cannot pay the remaining debt. What about clients funds at FXCM Markets? because there is no guarantee of fund protection like at FXCM UK (FSCS).
Please provide an explanation so that we are not afraid to face January 2019, where that month there is a big obligation that must be completed by FXCM.

Thank you

winstonfx Nov 20, 2018 2:22am | Post# 10674

Hi Jason, please answer my question above, and i have additional quetion below.

in mid November, FXCM Markets (FXCMM) has changed the destination of wire transfer deposit, as below:

===================================================

Bank:Compass Bank
15 South 20th Street, Birmingham, Alabama 35233
, United States
SWIFTCode: CPASUS44
Beneficiary: Fieldpoint Private and Trust
BeneficiaryAddress:100 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA
Beneficiary Account#: 021172784
REF:FFC5500013619 - Client's Name and Account #

====================================================

Isn't that money laundering? instruct the client to send funds to 3rd party.
Why not go to a bank account with beneficiary FXCM Markets ? please explain about that.

Thanks before

pooh123 Nov 25, 2018 5:37am | Post# 10675

Hi Jason,

I need use history data for purpose of backtesting. However, on my FXCM MT4 platform, history data for Ger30 M15 chart only dates back to Aug 15th. How can I get price data of a longer history ?

engweijie Nov 27, 2018 3:14am | Post# 10676

Hi guys,

I've been looking to switch brokers and FXCM is one of the choices I have in mind, what's the general consensus on them so far?

Just a quick question, what kind of trading volume should I be looking at to qualify as an 'Active Trader'? Currently I make anywhere between 15 to 25 trades per day (am an intra-day scalper), with position sizes of 1, not more than 2 lots per trade. Does FXCM have any particular stance on scalping (minimum position hold length, stop loss position distance and etc) that I should be made aware of?

Thanks in advance, have a great week!

lordadry Nov 28, 2018 2:19am | Post# 10677

does FXCM accept skrill for deposit and withdrawal?

Jason Rogers Nov 28, 2018 1:35pm | Post# 10678

Is FXCM REST API available for developers who want to make commercial application and the clients might not have FXCM account ? How much is the API ? Thanks!
Hi Andy,

Yes, we have this type of arrangement available, but it is not free. If you reach out to premiumdata[AT]fxcm.com the team can help with a quote.

Jason

Jason Rogers Nov 28, 2018 4:15pm | Post# 10679

Hi Jason, please answer my question above, and i have additional quetion below. in mid November, FXCM Markets (FXCMM) has changed the destination of wire transfer deposit, as below: =================================================== Bank:Compass Bank 15 South 20th Street, Birmingham, Alabama 35233 , United States SWIFTCode: CPASUS44 Beneficiary: Fieldpoint Private and Trust BeneficiaryAddress:100 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA Beneficiary Account#: 021172784 REF:FFC5500013619 - Client's Name and Account # ====================================================...
Hello Winston,

Welcome to the forum, and I'm happy to help.

The new bank wire instructions you posted are for international bank wire deposits in US Dollars. Fieldpoint Private and Trust is the bank we work with in the United States to hold USD deposits for clients with FXCM Markets, and Compass Bank is the intermediary bank that routes international wire deposits to Fieldpoint. If you look in the reference section of the wire instructions it lists FFC (For Further Credit) and FXCM's bank account number where funds are held, which you will also find matches the number listed in the domestic wire instructions. Domestic wires don't use an intermediary bank so you will see our account number listed directly as the Beneficiary Account # in the domestic wire instructions which you can confirm. Being able to receive wire deposits and credit them to client accounts as quickly as possible is a common request from our clients and a priority in choosing banks we work with.

In regards to your question about the article, FXCM is now a Leucadia company and Leucadia Investments has become the majority economic owner of FXCM. Leucadia is the former name of Jefferies Financial Group Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF) and part of its merchant banking business. Jefferies operates the only independent full-service global investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S., together with an established merchant banking business with a proven track record. The Leucadia/Jefferies relationship helps FXCM improve the service we provide our clients, and we're continuously looking to improve those products and services. This year has been very busy with the launch of a new REST API, new HTML5 web based platform, Bitcoin CFD, and more. And we’re excited about the new products we have lined up for 2019. Stay tuned

FXCM Markets is a part of the FXCM Group, but it is not regulated as you mentioned. This allows us to offer certain features such as early access to new products like the Ethereum CFD which is currently only available to FXCM Markets clients. If you prefer to trade with a regulated entity, you are welcome to open with FXCM Australia.

Jason

Risk Warning: Losses can exceed deposits.

Jason Rogers Nov 28, 2018 4:16pm | Post# 10680

Hi Jason, I need use history data for purpose of backtesting. However, on my FXCM MT4 platform, history data for Ger30 M15 chart only dates back to Aug 15th. How can I get price data of a longer history ?
Hi pooh,

Try the historical data downloader from the FXCM App Store https://www.fxcmapps.com/apps/basic-...ta-downloader/

Jason

© Forex Factory