Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/74-broker-discussion)
-   -   FXCM Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/8960-fxcm-discussion)

emmanuel7788 Jan 1, 2019 7:45pm | Post# 10701

Hi Everyone, Please note the special holiday hours below for both trading and customer support for the Christmas and New Year holiday's. CFD holiday hours can be found here. Please be aware that during the holidays rollovers may be larger than normal due to illiquid markets. {image} I will be out of the office until the new year, so any questions or private messages will be answered once I return. Happy Holidays...

Hi Jason,

Season's Greetings.

Just a question, is there any server migration this holidays period?

I don't seem to be able to see my trade history in the server FXCM-USDReal08.

Thanks.

regards,

Jason Rogers Jan 4, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 10702

{quote} Hi Jason, Season's Greetings. Just a question, is there any server migration this holidays period? I don't seem to be able to see my trade history in the server FXCM-USDReal08. Thanks. regards,
Hi emmanuel,

Happy new year! We didn't have any server migration over the holiday period that I am aware of so not sure why you would be experiencing this, but we can certainly help. Were you able to contact customer support to have them investigate? If not, feel free to send me an email jrogers [at] fxcm.com and I will have the team take a look at it.

Jason

ppsaoda Jan 5, 2019 11:09am | Post# 10703

{quote} Say who? Their monthly Volume is around 200 billion if you look it up...that's one of the biggest in the market. Of course they have tons of professional (experienced) as well as none professional traders.
Same. Been trading with fxcm more than 3 years. I dunno why ppl say its a scam.
at the end of the day, its you who buy or sell. If they trade against you - who is profitable, then its too bad for them.

Josh4321 Jan 8, 2019 7:58am | Post# 10704

Hey
New member wondering how to send private messages?

Jason Rogers Jan 11, 2019 8:56am | Post# 10705

Hey New member wondering how to send private messages?
Hi Josh,

I believe you have to have a minimum number of posts in order to send private messages, but the moderators would be able to confirm. If you need to reach me directly for something related to an FXCM account my email is jrogers[at]fxcm.com

Jason

mfoste1 Jan 15, 2019 8:46pm | Post# 10706

@jasonrogers there is much data missing from 8H charts of SPX500 and NAS100. Would you yell at data ops?

Jason Rogers Jan 17, 2019 9:42am | Post# 10707

@jasonrogers there is much data missing from 8H charts of SPX500 and NAS100. Would you yell at data ops?
Hi mfoste,

I'm checking my charts and I'm not seeing missing data. Can you send me a screenshot of your chart?

There was an issue last week causing missing data on some of the charts on Trading Station desktop, but it has been resolved. Try these instructions as well if using Trading Station desktop

1. Shut down Trading Station
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\QuoteStorage
3. Delete the History folder that you see there.
4. Open Trading Station and your Marketscope charts again and the issue should be resolved.

Jason

robgsxr Jan 24, 2019 8:07am | Post# 10708

3 Attachment(s)
Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ?

The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order.
Name:  fxcm2.JPG
Views: 860
Size:  18 KB Name:  fxcm.JPG
Views: 860
Size:  26 KB

I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices.

This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close.
Name:  Capturefxcm 1 min.JPG
Views: 858
Size:  13 KB
Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place.

This problem happens often on the FXCM MT4 but I don't have the same number of occurences on the Trade Station2 platform.

Have there been issues with the MT4 platform this morning that would explain this problem?

keen246 Jan 24, 2019 10:31am | Post# 10709

People on this thread have been warned time and again that FXCM is a bucket shop. But I guess people have to learn the hard way.

Jason Rogers Jan 25, 2019 4:34pm | Post# 10710

Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ? The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order. {image} {image} I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices. This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close. {image} Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place. This problem happens often on the...
Hi rob,

We typically see the invalid prices message when an invalid order type is being used to place a trade. For example, if trying to set a buy limit below the ask price. But I see you mentioned you were manually trying to close the order. Our support team can investigate what caused this on the MT4 platform, and I will have them reach out to you by phone or email to help.

Jason

robgsxr Jan 25, 2019 5:38pm | Post# 10711

{quote} Hi rob, We typically see the invalid prices message when an invalid order type is being used to place a trade. For example, if trying to set a buy limit below the ask price. But I see you mentioned you were manually trying to close the order. Our support team can investigate what caused this on the MT4 platform, and I will have them reach out to you by phone or email to help. Jason
Thanks, yes simply trying to close orders manually.
It happened several times during the day and also has occurred other times but I generally closes after upto three attempts this one shown was seven times before accepting the instruction.

CarsonKT Apr 5, 2019 7:27pm | Post# 10712

{quote} Hi FXBarbarian, I was able to get more detailed information from our support team on the pricing for NinjaTrader accounts. New NinjaTrader accounts with FXCM have no pip-mark up added to the spread. That is why there is no longer information regarding a spread mark-up on the website. This was changed a couple of months ago when NinjaTrader decided to no longer offer a Free license to clients wanting to trade FX with brokers like FXCM. Traders now purchase the lease package or lifetime package from NinjaTrader directly instead of paying a...
Hi Jason,
I am in the process of opening my account with FXCM via Friedberg Direct in Canada,
I chose to open the Ninjatrader account, but according to your reply above, my understanding is I have to have a licenses of Ninja trader in order to trade my account? I haven't seen anywhere on the website mentioned this prerequisite, might need your clarification on this. Thanks.

Jason Rogers Apr 8, 2019 11:21am | Post# 10713

{quote} Hi Jason, I am in the process of opening my account with FXCM via Friedberg Direct in Canada, I chose to open the Ninjatrader account, but according to your reply above, my understanding is I have to have a licenses of Ninja trader in order to trade my account? I haven't seen anywhere on the website mentioned this prerequisite, might need your clarification on this. Thanks.
Hi Carson,

That's correct, you will need to get the NinjaTrader license separately from NinjaTrader in order to use the platform with the account you have setup with FXCM. They have various options from licensing on a recurring basis or buying a lifetime license. Once you have the license setup, they provide instructions on connecting to the platform with your FXCM account https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Jason

CarsonKT Apr 8, 2019 2:23pm | Post# 10714

{quote} Hi Carson, That's correct, you will need to get the NinjaTrader license separately from NinjaTrader in order to use the platform with the account you have setup with FXCM. They have various options from licensing on a recurring basis or buying a lifetime license. Once you have the license setup, they provide instructions on connecting to the platform with your FXCM account https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide Jason
Thanks Jason.
It's interesting that I can't seem to find anywhere the valid licenses requirement, not even from ninjatrader's own marketing material
Anyway, I shouldn't assume I can use free licenses to trade a live account.
Well, if I already applied for a live trading account, will the credential work for MT4 as well? Or that has to be a separate application.

Thanks.

BTW, FXCM account open is waaaaay to slow compared to, say...Oanda.

Jason Rogers Apr 8, 2019 3:39pm | Post# 10715

{quote} Thanks Jason. It's interesting that I can't seem to find anywhere the valid licenses requirement, not even from ninjatrader's own marketing material Anyway, I shouldn't assume I can use free licenses to trade a live account. Well, if I already applied for a live trading account, will the credential work for MT4 as well? Or that has to be a separate application. Thanks. BTW, FXCM account open is waaaaay to slow compared to, say...Oanda.
Hi Carson,

A new application should not be required to use MT4. I will reach out by private message to get your details and check with our operations team on getting it setup on MT4 instead.

Jason

CarsonKT Apr 11, 2019 7:22pm | Post# 10716

Can someone from FXCM explain why orders won't manually close the first time on MT4 ? The attached shows 7 attempts to close an order. {image} {image} I had two further orders that didn't close immediately just before this event. This was not at news event time nor any fast moving prices. This shows the candles printing during the 1 minute timeframe when I was attempting to close. {image} Prices on the one minute chart attached show 1.30185 to 1.30218 during the entire minute so no extreme volatility taking place. This problem happens often on the...

Hi robgsxr, did you find the answer to your question? I am experiencing the same problem today, fortunately, I was in my demo account and when I want to manually close the position by clicking the little "x" I got rejected, for each position, I have to click about 3 times to get it closed.

It seems that the quotes we get from fxcm are expired very quick, I notice if I try to close a position as soon as the quote changes, I have a better chance at the first attempt. I got my account open done this week, but now I need to do more test on their platform before I make my decision.

robgsxr Apr 12, 2019 2:55am | Post# 10717

{quote} Hi robgsxr, did you find the answer to your question? I am experiencing the same problem today, fortunately, I was in my demo account and when I want to manually close the position by clicking the little "x" I got rejected, for each position, I have to click about 3 times to get it closed. It seems that the quotes we get from fxcm are expired very quick, I notice if I try to close a position as soon as the quote changes, I have a better chance at the first attempt. I got my account open done this week, but now I need to do more test on their...
Hi CarsonKT, Unfortunately after being asked to change all sorts of system settings which made no sense as they had been set as they were for many years I still have the problem. I was even advised to re-install the entire platform which is a pain as you have to back up and re-install any ea's and custom indicators you are running.
All along I have assumed it was something to do with an automatic update many months ago which always seemed to be the logical answer. FXCM tech decided otherwise and assumed it must be something wrong with my end, hence many weeks in and only now have they looked into their platform.
I have been told this week that it is something to do with MT4 as a number of other platform users from FXCM customer base are experiencing the same issue and it appears you are also.
They have said Metatrader have been contacted and they are looking into the problem. For the months I have lived with the issue I have managed by simply moving stop losses to as close as the system allows and losing a few extra pips to close each time.
I run FXCM Trade station also and although I can say that I havn't experienced this sort of issue on that I do experience other frequent crashes on the charting package. It constantly asks if I want to report the crash but again it has happened so many times and I reported often early on but nothing was done so I just ignore and restsart the platform each time.
Sorry to say, I can't give you much of a favourable recommendation for these platforms today.

CarsonKT Apr 12, 2019 4:40pm | Post# 10718

{quote} Hi CarsonKT, Unfortunately after being asked to change all sorts of system settings which made no sense as they had been set as they were for many years I still have the problem. I was even advised to re-install the entire platform which is a pain as you have to back up and re-install any ea's and custom indicators you are running. All along I have assumed it was something to do with an automatic update many months ago which always seemed to be the logical answer. FXCM tech decided otherwise and assumed it must be something wrong with my...
Thanks for your reply. I really hope they can find a solution to the problem. I tried today that the record I currently set is 10 clicks before I can close the position.
I found during that time their quotes on MT4 one click trading were kind of frozen. Their MT4 is just too bad for scalpers, lol, fortunately, that's not my trading style
and their SL and TP prices are spot on. I am going to demo on their Ninjatrader next week, see if things are better.

Today I found some interesting content from their website.
FRIEDBERG DIRECT METATRADER 4 MARKUPS
A 0.1 pip mark-up is added to spread for the use of MT4. The 0.1 pip is in addition to the regular mark-up Friedberg Direct adds to the spreads it receives from liquidity providers. Friedberg Direct MetaTrader 4 allows for order sizes up to 50 million per trade. Traders have the ability to trade incremental sizes (multiple orders of 50 million for the same pair). The Friedberg Direct MetaTrader 4 Platform does not show pip costs.

but I compared the online Trader Station quote and MT4 quote, there is no reflection of such markup. don't know what to believe.

I am stilling bouncing between FXCM and Oanda

robgsxr Apr 13, 2019 4:57am | Post# 10719

{quote} Thanks for your reply. I really hope they can find a solution to the problem. I tried today that the record I currently set is 10 clicks before I can close the position. I found during that time their quotes on MT4 one click trading were kind of frozen. Their MT4 is just too bad for scalpers, lol, fortunately, that's not my trading style and their SL and TP prices are spot on. I am going to demo on their Ninjatrader next week, see if things are better. Today I found some interesting content from their website. {quote} but I compared the...
Haha I had 8 in a row once.
There is sometimes a difference in price between their tradestaion 2 and their MT4 but I haven't checked what the disparity means for the bottom line..

I'm not familiar with Oanda, would be interested in how you get on with Ninja trader as never looked at it.

DailyChart Apr 16, 2019 1:59pm | Post# 10720

Hi Jason,

What is your AUDDEMO01 Daily Close Time use ? NewYork London or Australia ? Why the Opening and close is different with FXPRo NewYork Close chart

© Forex Factory