Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/74-broker-discussion)
-   -   FXCM Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/8960-fxcm-discussion)

Jason Rogers Apr 17, 2019 2:01pm | Post# 10721

Hi Jason, What is your AUDDEMO01 Daily Close Time use ? NewYork London or Australia ? Why the Opening and close is different with FXPRo NewYork Close chart
Hi DailyChart,

The AUDDEMO01 server time is set to New York close.

CarsonKT Apr 17, 2019 2:02pm | Post# 10722

{quote} Haha I had 8 in a row once. There is sometimes a difference in price between their tradestaion 2 and their MT4 but I haven't checked what the disparity means for the bottom line.. I'm not familiar with Oanda, would be interested in how you get on with Ninja trader as never looked at it.
I tried Ninjatrader with their demo account, it's way better execution on market orders, there is no failed execution no matter how fast I click buy/sell or close orders use market execution.

DailyChart Apr 18, 2019 7:53am | Post# 10723

{quote} Hi DailyChart, The AUDDEMO01 server time is set to New York close.
Hi Jason

I find that the daily open and close price are different with FXPro even both of you claimed daily close at newyork

robgsxr Apr 18, 2019 8:21am | Post# 10724

{quote} I tried Ninjatrader with their demo account, it's way better execution on market orders, there is no failed execution no matter how fast I click buy/sell or close orders use market execution.
I generally see that sought of decent response also on TS2.
Over time you will discover any irregularities in the platform.
Perhaps Ninjatrader won't have any :-)

Jason Rogers Apr 19, 2019 9:47am | Post# 10725

{quote} Hi Jason I find that the daily open and close price are different with FXPro even both of you claimed daily close at newyork
Hi DailyChart,

Forex prices from broker to broker will follow each other closely, but they will not be exactly the same because the FX market is decentralized. FXCM works with a number of liquidity providers that include banks and financial institutions, and those banks and financial institutions stream through a direct feed of executable prices to FXCM. Our pricing engine selects the best buy and sell price which is they displayed on the platform. Brokers may have relationships with various financial institutions for pricing so pricing can vary from broker to broker. You can find out more information about our liquidity providers here https://www.fxcm.com/uk/about-fxcm/liquidity-providers/

Again, FXCM's AUDDEMO01 server time is set to New York close.

Jason

alio2 Apr 26, 2019 4:50am | Post# 10726

1 Attachment(s)
HI
my broker is alpari but in audcad in m30 i see gap and no seen in another broker
if you have gap please write and show
i want to know that alpari is scam or no ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCAD.png
Size: 5 KB

Jason Rogers May 24, 2019 2:47pm | Post# 10727

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone

Please note the CFD holiday trading hours for Monday, 27 May due to the Memorial Day holiday. There are no changes to FX trading hours.

Name:  CFD Holiday Hours 27 May 5-24-2019 2-39-09 PM.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  71 KB

Have a great weekend!

Jason

RLFTrader Jun 22, 2019 10:41pm | Post# 10728

Does anyone know if they allow scalping?

dabson Jul 22, 2019 7:15am | Post# 10729

{quote} Hi DailyChart, Forex prices from broker to broker will follow each other closely, but they will not be exactly the same because the FX market is decentralized. FXCM works with a number of liquidity providers that include banks and financial institutions, and those banks and financial institutions stream through a direct feed of executable prices to FXCM. Our pricing engine selects the best buy and sell price which is they displayed on the platform. Brokers may have relationships with various financial institutions for pricing so pricing...
Hello Jason I would like to establish contact with you, I am interested in prime forex brokerage.

Slicktick Jul 22, 2019 7:53pm | Post# 10730

Wow, from withdrawal request at FXCM UK to my bank account in Switzerland in less than 5 hours..

Great service guys!!

PoundPotamus Aug 7, 2019 7:34pm | Post# 10731

Hi Jason,

Can you explain how the 50% margin closeout rule works?
I was reading the new rules enforced by ESMA and one of the measures reads

1. 50% margin close out rule on an account level basis

For instance, to open a position for EUR/USD the MMR (initial margin required) is 33.30
Let's assume I have 100 in my account.

Does this mean the position would get auto closed once my available margin is below 49.95, such as when the market moves against me and equity falls?

50% of 33.30 is 16.65, I have used 33.30 for MMR to open EUR/USD order, leaving account with 66.70 available margin.
Takeaway the 50% of MMR for that position (value of 16.65), so the closeout rule will trigger if available margin is 49.95 (16.65 + 33.30) or less? Do I understand this right?

civilpes2001 Aug 10, 2019 12:08pm | Post# 10732

Hello Everyone Please note the CFD holiday trading hours for Monday, 27 May due to the Memorial Day holiday. There are no changes to FX trading hours. {image} Have a great weekend! Jason
Hi Jason,
I was trying to login to dailyfx (for the trading forum) but couldn't. Later came to know that it has been acquired by IG group. Do you have a trading forum for FXCM clients now?

Krypt0n1te Aug 27, 2019 2:28am | Post# 10733

Hi Jason

Could you PLEASE give us an update regarding push notifications when a trade executes. It's a feature that we have been waiting for, for ages.

Please see if it could be implemented.

Kind Regards

Krypt0n1te

jogi100 Aug 28, 2019 5:16am | Post# 10734

Are there still any "Jasons" around?
His/Her last appearance here was in May.

TheGreatMilenko Sep 1, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 10735

Are there still any "Jasons" around? His/Her last appearance here was in May.
I'm still with this broker. I really don't know why , after they were kicked out of USA for defrauding customers.

ar72212 Sep 14, 2019 7:17pm | Post# 10736

I saw fxcm providing $20 welcome bonus, can i know the bonus details in here (available country, withdrawal or not and more)

leveraged Sep 21, 2019 10:55pm | Post# 10737

What's the monthly volume of FXCM now? they use to post how many client and volume they do on their monthly reports, but seems that the reporting has changed..

ZHTrader Sep 23, 2019 11:40am | Post# 10738

Having tried several brokers, i would recommend TDX Markers (tdxmarkets.com) i don't usually write reviews unless i have issues with the broker, but this time I share my experience so as to help other trader.

jtrade Nov 14, 2019 5:14am | Post# 10739

Good morning : does anyone have any experience of using the FXCM Trading Station Mobile platform (iOS version), please ?

Having recently retired from 20 years day trading, I now wish to trade / invest off (almost) indicator-free Daily charts only. I've tried the mobile MT4 app, but it seems the FXCM Trading Station app has a little more built-in order management function. Have also looked at Dukascopy, but I've always been happy with FXCM service, having traded with them via NinjaTrader for some years (Ninja is a fantastic platform, so much better than almost everything else in the retail sector... you get what you pay for, but no mobile version), so no wish to change broker just yet.

Mozak Dec 13, 2019 5:56am | Post# 10740

2 Attachment(s)
Why there's difference open price today on fxcm, between mt4 & fxcm dekstop trading station ?

please let me know why
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpchfdeks.PNG
Size: 29 KB
Name:  gbpchfmt4.PNG
Views: 270
Size:  13 KB

© Forex Factory