Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Sail the Grid - System without the need to analyze the chart (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=890546)

MichaelSch Mar 1, 2019 2:08pm | Post# 1

Sail the Grid - System without the need to analyze the chart

3 Attachment(s)
Now we have the EA fo this system. Flowerhorn has done great work.
Go and get it!
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post12234382

From now on, if you not can share a EA with the setting, that doing the trading as i shared here, do not post!
Further if you want to give an EA, first wrote in your own words (private message), how this system work and what you have understand. I do not want to have a threat flooded by EAs that not suit my system. If you ignore that, i will you block!

Hello,

before giving some details i want you to know, that i am not here to going in fights. If you want to make this here to a battlefield, i set you to ignore as fast as i see your mad turn!
My english is not good, i know about it, but will also post this in the trading system corner, beside the posts in my older thread.
If you love to analyze your charts in and out, fill it with countless indicators and drawings, you better move on, this is not that makes you happy.
This system is for you, if you have not the mood to analyze your chart or have not much time for it. I do also not know if this system is avaible or not, because i have not read all informations on forex factory.

The core part is money management. Trade small positions! This system ONLY work if you beware of it! Do not force to want have unrealistic growth with it or stop reading here and move on.
Have you all read carefully and understand? So if you ready i will give now the details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I trade this with EURUSD the last weeks and have no result with other pairs.
All 20 Pips i have a buy AND sell order with only set the TP on the high of the next pair.

Example:

Pair 1 set at 1.130 buy and sell
TP for the sell trade is 1.128
TP for the buy trade is 1.132

Pair 2 set at 1.132 buy and sell
TP for the sell trade is 1.130
TP for the buy trade is 1.134

hope you will get it. If a trade hit the TP, we have a new pair starting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take bad positions out as fast as possible. Mostly the oldest trades we take out.

Example:

We have 60 Pips in TP and 20 Pips running in negative, close the in loss. We do not know what the price will next reach.
This is not a quick rich system and will never be! We going to grab some pips without over analyzing our charts only by fishing.

Go to this posts to get in my thinking reducing loss.
Posts must see in combination of question and answer.

131, 132, 136

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Put the trades back in place if hit through TP or taking out.

Example:

buy trade from 1.130 is closing in TP at 1.132 and price go higher, replace the buy trade at 1.13
we take a sell trade in loss out, replace it at starting point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is not hard to get, the most difficult part is to take a realistic position size. If you trade this with an EU regulated account with less leverage and take to high positions, you have no room for big movements and manage the loss positions. With 1000 Euro and 0.1 lot you will go in trouble i think, have no test this yet.

Now my account this week ...

Click to Enlarge

Name: Weekly_Result.png
Size: 87 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: Running_trades.png
Size: 47 KB

another trade is going in tp

Click to Enlarge

Name: Today.png
Size: 53 KB

Edit: If we have a movement from 500 Pips without a retrace (how often we will this have?) and we have a trade position from complete 3.25 (counting all single position if we trade 0.01 lot for a single trade), our account must be able to hold the losing position from around 580 Euro - 6500 Pips losing Position, so i would recommend to trade this method with enough money in account or switch over to another one (be ready to let you trick out at all these important points)!!!

Please calculate first what you need to trade this system, BEFORE you use it!

I will this not more discuss in future, be sure you know this! Read it more as 10 times to get it right!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please, if you post a tool, make sure you will also give settings and discribe it. If you ignore this point i will tell you to delete your tool and in the next step if you further ignore this, you will go to my ignore list. I do not like to do this, but if i have no chance to keep this thread clear, i will do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is not the place to share any avaible indicator!

dabeach Mar 1, 2019 3:50pm | Post# 2

Hello Michael,

Thank you for starting this thread. I am very interested to see where it leads. Could you please post some examples of your strategy in operation on the market?

I am ready to learn more about your strategy. Further information and examples would be great.

Thank you

MichaelSch Mar 1, 2019 4:51pm | Post# 3

Hello Michael, Thank you for starting this thread. I am very interested to see where it leads. Could you please post some examples of your strategy in operation on the market? I am ready to learn more about your strategy. Further information and examples would be great. Thank you
Hello,

it is not tough to get it. I have all 20 Pips a pair of a buy and sell order with TP for each of them. NO SL!
I cancel mad trades if i have build TP for it and this as fast as i can. Price action is at this point away from the "old" order and no need to hold it, if we can give a piece away from profit we have build up. For sure the next trade who is going in profit, will be come, or we must stay forever in a 20 Pips range!

It makes no sense to post a picture with all my order lines on it, or will be? No need for analyzing anything, only set the fishing net and manage the result. Get me not wrong, but this will be not a thread with 1000+ pages, with all the contradictions the actual high frequent visit threads came up in the last days. No candle pattern, no trend definition, no massive sub rules and so on ... and so on ... simple put order on chart and wait for price doing the things we can not control, doing it tricks at levels, zones if respect it (why is it so heavy to trade this way, think about a moment!)... catch our money at the so visible points.
If you see the trap, you will go blindly in it?

dabeach Mar 1, 2019 5:47pm | Post# 4

Thanks for your response Michael,

Just to make sure I understand the method correctly I will list a scenario and what I would do in that instance, please correct me if I am wrong:

EUR/USD

Price is at 1.1340 (my first entry of a buy and a sell is at this level)

Price moves down and hits 1.1320 I take my sell profit of 20 pips excluding spread and commissions. I then place a new sell order at this level. Now I once again have a buy and a sell order. No new buy order is entered as I still have one running.

Price moves back up and hits 1.1340 my buy order and sell order both remain open and neither will be closed at this level. I do not enter a new buy or sell here as this is the beginning of my group of trades and there is no profit to be had here.

Price moves once again this time to 1.1360, I take my buy profit and enter a new buy order at this level.

Price moves up once more to 1.1380, I take profit on my buy and enter a new buy order here.

The market then continues any which way it likes bouncing off levels or breaking through them, I don't care where price goes as long as I am hedged using two orders buy and sell, only entering a new order when profit from the previous order of the same direction has been taken.

----------------------------------

Is this the proper methodology? Or have I misunderstood and I should enter a completely new buy and sell order at each level every time it moves up or down from a 20 pip increment to that level? Still closing the winning trade for profit at the touch of the new level.

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks again.

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 3:59am | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your response Michael, Just to make sure I understand the method correctly I will list a scenario and what I would do in that instance, please correct me if I am wrong: EUR/USD Price is at 1.1340 (my first entry of a buy and a sell is at this level) Price moves down and hits 1.1320 I take my sell profit of 20 pips excluding spread and commissions. I then place a new sell order at this level. Now I once again have a buy and a sell order. No new buy order is entered as I still have one running. Price moves back up and hits 1.1340 my buy...
As said my english is not the best, but i will do my best to answer. I do not get full what have you writen, so go again in the setup.
I have above and under the price action all pending order. If price is at say 1.13 i have build many pending order above the price and many order under the price. 200 - 300 Pips in both direction. Now i am waiting for price reaching my orders get filled and closing in profit. If i see some trades are closed in profit, i go and set again the initial trades back in the "fishnet". Also the trades i take out in loss. Set this trades at starting point again. So we have our net repaired.

We do not care about what price is making, do not analyze the chart. Nothing we do in this way! Only fix our net after price reach TP or we take trades in loss out.
Price will reach for sure in future our TP. We get for sure loss!
We drop the bad fish out at that point we have build TP for it, so we can do it. We do not holding these trades for long in the hope price will reaching it again! Price is making what price will be making, we can not say for sure what will be the next point. With this system we are free from all that points, that are need by other methods.

Our task is to manage the loss and keep care about the position size. Hope it will more clear and if not keep asking.

Click to Enlarge

Name: snapshot-1.png
Size: 77 KB

tidal Mar 2, 2019 4:34am | Post# 6

Thank you for the explanation. I trade with grid too. If you can control the grid with long trend going on, it will be perfect system

hapanoy Mar 2, 2019 4:45am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} As said my english is not the best, but i will do my best to answer. I do not get full what have you writen, so go again in the setup. I have above and under the price action all pending order. If price is at say 1.13 i have build many pending order above the price and many order under the price. 200 - 300 Pips in both direction. Now i am waiting for price reaching my orders get filled and closing in profit. If i see some trades are closed in profit, i go and set again the initial trades back in the "fishnet". Also the trades i take out...
Thank you for sharing your strategy.

Last buy -60...No close?
Click to Enlarge

Size: 97 KB

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 4:57am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thank you for sharing your strategy. Last buy -60...No close? {image}
I draw not all lines, this picture is only to show how it work. We have again and again further pairs above and under price action. Ever! Be sure you have enough order set in both direction, so price can not reach the end in few days. Make the work one time and go with market change and add new pairs if it is time to do it.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 110 KB

What you mean with -60? The buy trades going in TP after every 20 Pips, only the short are in negative. In this picture you can take for example all sell trades out if the first sell trade (sell 4) is going in profit. Do you see it?
We have in this situation
3*20 Pips from the buy trades (buy 1,2,3) = 60 Pips Profit
1*20 Pips from the sell trade (sell 4) = 20 Pips Profit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
all together 80 Pips Profit

now we take out the sell trades (1,2) - 60 Pips
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
and we have a Profit from 20 Pips left

Running trades are
-20 Pips from buy4

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 5:28am | Post# 9

Thank you for the explanation. I trade with grid too. If you can control the grid with long trend going on, it will be perfect system
I do not care about trend in this system, i drop any technical analyze here. I am free from that all!

As long as the market is moving, i going to get my profits, for sure!

Let the market make all the tricks, i do not care about.

hapanoy Mar 2, 2019 5:33am | Post# 10

[quote = MichaelSch; 12068095] {quote} Eu não desenhei todas as linhas, esta imagem é apenas para mostrar como funciona. Temos de novo e de novo mais pares acima e abaixo da ação do preço. Sempre! De acordo com as conclusões, para que o preço não chegue ao fim de alguns dias. Faça o trabalho uma vez e vá com a oportunidade de fazer um novo negócio. {image} O que você quer dizer com -60? Os comércios comprados em TP a cada 20 Pips, apenas os curtos são negativos. Nesta foto você pode pegar, por exemplo, todos os negócios de venda, o primeiro negócio de venda (venda 4). Você vê? Você tem esta situação 3 * 20 Pips dos clientes de compra (compre 1,2,
sry...
I am ready to learn more about your strategy. Further information and examples would be great.

No stop loss?

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 5:41am | Post# 11

[quote = MichaelSch; 12068095] {quote} Eu não desenhei todas as linhas, esta imagem é apenas para mostrar como funciona. Temos de novo e de novo mais pares acima e abaixo da ação do preço. Sempre! De acordo com as conclusões, para que o preço não chegue ao fim de alguns dias. Faça o trabalho uma vez e vá com a oportunidade de fazer um novo negócio. {image} O que você quer dizer com -60? Os comércios comprados em TP a cada 20 Pips, apenas os curtos são negativos. Nesta foto você pode pegar, por exemplo, todos os negócios de venda, o primeiro negócio...
Please in english. I have no SL ONLY TP set!
I manage my loss myself and let not the market trick me out. If i have profit and able to reduce loss from it, i will do it as fast as possible as shown in example above.

lghr Mar 2, 2019 5:41am | Post# 12

Assume, price run from 1 to top, and then return to 1 (this is only true of rang market).

buys: 20 + 20 +20 - 60
sells: 20 + 20 + 20

net = 60.

correct ?

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 5:44am | Post# 13

Assume, price run from 1 to top, and then return to 1 (this is only true of rang market). buys: 20 + 20 +20 - 60 sells: 20 + 20 + 20 net = 60. correct ?
This picture show the structure of the grid. I do not wait for all closings. If i have profit generate and can reduce loss from it, i do it. Price is moving further, generate new profits and new loss. I manage to have more profit as loss and build so my weekly results.

lghr Mar 2, 2019 5:49am | Post# 14

{quote} This picture show the structure of the grid. I do not wait for all closings. If i have profit generate and can reduce loss from it, i do it. Price is moving further, generate new profits and new loss. I manage to have more profit as loss and build so my weekly results.
Yes, i understand. we can close all positions at net = 10 or 20 or 40 or 60. etc.

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 5:50am | Post# 15

In my other thread (german language) i have post my results from the last weeks. Have a look, i do not want to clutter here with old images.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post11989409

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 5:54am | Post# 16

{quote} Yes, i understand. we can close all positions at net = 10 or 20 or 40 or 60. etc.
If you happy with 20 Pips plus you can close the other order, BUT do not forget to repair the grid after closing it.
Myself i look for the farest trade to close first, i am have a real job and can not look all the day.

hapanoy Mar 2, 2019 6:07am | Post# 17

Assume, price run from 1 to top, and then return to 1 (this is only true of rang market). buys: 20 + 20 +20 - 60 sells: 20 + 20 + 20 net = 60. correct ?
hi lghr....
Nice coder...

hapanoy Mar 2, 2019 6:12am | Post# 18

{quote} If you happy with 20 Pips plus you can close the other order, BUT do not forget to repair the grid after closing it. Myself i look for the farest trade to close first, i am have a real job and can not look all the day.
Now I'm understanding
is a Hedge grid, she will always be balanced.

lghr Mar 2, 2019 6:25am | Post# 19

{quote} hi lghr.... Nice coder...
Hi,

MichaelSch Mar 2, 2019 6:31am | Post# 20

{quote} Now I'm understanding is a Hedge grid, she will always be balanced.
If you mean, you will always able to get in profit, you are right.

© Forex Factory