Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Smoothed_Bands indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=881237)

johnsun888 Feb 8, 2019 7:41pm | Post# 1

Smoothed_Bands indicator

4 Attachment(s)
Smoothed_Bands is a no repainting indicator.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Smoothed-1.PNG
Size: 74 KB
Smoothed_Bands_v2.1.ex4
AMA_BANDS.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: AMA.png
Size: 58 KB

Klausi Feb 9, 2019 3:25am | Post# 2

Thanks for the indicator. Looks realy promising. Are the bands made of a smoothed Bollinger?

Going to test it when market opens.

Js3mwtRc Feb 9, 2019 4:10am | Post# 3

Smoothed_Bands is a no repainting indicator. {image} {file}
Hi johnsun888, looks like a nice tool, my mt4 doesn't open some .ex files, can you share the .mq4, or if, not a template with your indi on, so I can open the indicator in my program.

iwjw Feb 9, 2019 6:15am | Post# 4

Hi,
thanks for sharing
On historical data the cross of the yellow/blue line is happening much earlier (or not happening at all) compared with a simulated live feed (visual BT)
So what's looking good on history would not have happened live
A cross down of yellow/blue often happens when price is still at or near the upper band. That doesn't happen live
Same for cross up with price near the lower band

PayTheBid Feb 9, 2019 10:45am | Post# 5

2 Attachment(s)
I think it is not the first time you post something and say t is not repainting and it is....

Please tell me....look at the 2 pics below.... on the first pic we see the price coming down and the yellow line going up.....we know that all indis lag so what is
the reason the yellow it is doing such a strong up move
Answer is the second pic below.... and if that is true it is repainting

Why do you say that it is not? Are you just looking for downloads?

PTB
Jack
Click to Enlarge

Name: InkedEURJPYH1_LI.jpg
Size: 750 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYH1.png
Size: 47 KB

matthew89 Feb 9, 2019 11:56pm | Post# 6

This indicator 100% repaints, open 2 identical charts with this indicator attached, wait for a while then refresh one chart and compare the other. You will clearly see the indicator repaints very much so...

Ill-b-back Feb 10, 2019 12:13am | Post# 7

I think it is not the first time you post something and say t is not repainting and it is.... Please tell me....look at the 2 pics below.... on the first pic we see the price coming down and the yellow line going up.....we know that all indis lag so what is the reason the yellow it is doing such a strong up move Answer is the second pic below.... and if that is true it is repainting Why do you say that it is not? Are you just looking for downloads? PTB Jack {image} {image}
The first pic shows the yellow line going up while price is still at the bottom band.
The 2nd pic simply shows the yellow line continuing to go up as price turns upwards.

So how does the 2nd pic confirm the indicator is repainting?

hibra68 Feb 10, 2019 12:38am | Post# 8

{quote} The first pic shows the yellow line going up while price is still at the bottom band. The 2nd pic simply shows the yellow line continuing to go up as price turns upwards. So how does the 2nd pic confirm the indicator is repainting?
LOL IT DOESNT
THE SECOND PICTURE IS FURTHER AWAY IN TIME.

ITS THE SAME THING NO CHANGE.

dkrock Feb 10, 2019 12:38am | Post# 9

{quote} Hi johnsun888, looks like a nice tool, my mt4 doesn't open some .ex files, can you share the .mq4, or if, not a template with your indi on, so I can open the indicator in my program.
Hello. You can add exe files to your meta trader indicator list through your Windows Explorer, if you use Windows. To find the folder, open Meta Editor, then click File, then click Open Data Folder. That will display the path to the folder that holds your indicators. Simply copy and paste the exe file into that folder. If it opens to your meta trader software instead, then you might have to further click on MQL4 and then click on Indicators. Good Luck.

koros0111 Feb 10, 2019 6:33am | Post# 10

Thanks johnsun888, But it's repainting bro! :|

robots4me Feb 10, 2019 7:31am | Post# 11

Dudes -- regarding repainting -- it does not repaint. The way you test for repainting is run the indicator within MT4's Strategy Tester. One fellow above was comparing charts from two different times -- really?

Another fellow thinks that refreshing a chart proves repainting -- really?

Aren't you guys aware that MT4 charts get updated only after they receive a new tick?

It might be the indicator has a bug in its code -- I don't know. It's impossible to tell without the source code. But that is different than claiming it repaints.

Pretending you're an expert and giving false advice poisons threads and gives everyone a bad taste in their mouth...

Nih98 Feb 10, 2019 8:05am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 133 KB

If this tool calculation formula (use Tilson and ATR) base on centered TMA bands then yes it should repaint on purpose. You should learn how to read this 'repainting on purpose' sine wave bands to mark extremes.

btw, if you don't want to share the mq4 file, then maybe you could add 'lines shift' function, MA methods selection and applied prices selection. thanks in advance.

NIH

mario777 Feb 10, 2019 8:36am | Post# 13

johnsun thanks for sharing! Looks very promising specially on the crosses of blue and yellow.

mario777 Feb 10, 2019 8:47am | Post# 14

I think it is not the first time you post something and say t is not repainting and it is.... Please tell me....look at the 2 pics below.... on the first pic we see the price coming down and the yellow line going up.....we know that all indis lag so what is the reason the yellow it is doing such a strong up move Answer is the second pic below.... and if that is true it is repainting Why do you say that it is not? Are you just looking for downloads? PTB Jack {image} {image}
LOL! i find this very funny. You did not look at your chart very well before posting.

Metac Feb 10, 2019 9:06am | Post# 15

It is repainting

robots4me Feb 10, 2019 9:28am | Post# 16

It is repainting
How are you testing repainting? Are you using MT4 Strategy Tester?

hibra68 Feb 10, 2019 9:49am | Post# 17

Mu bluefx simulator doesnt work anymore,

I get a blank black page.

If It worked I would tell you guys if it repaint or not easily.

Can someone test it out on the bluefx?

I checked it in history, it looks too good to be true, so it probably is repainting.

All I need to know is if the yellow and blue crossings are true or not.

tnx

PayTheBid Feb 10, 2019 9:58am | Post# 18

{quote} The first pic shows the yellow line going up while price is still at the bottom band. The 2nd pic simply shows the yellow line continuing to go up as price turns upwards. So how does the 2nd pic confirm the indicator is repainting?
@hibra68

@mario777

Sorry but are you guys noobs.... the reason I placed the second pic is so you can see why the yellow line in the first pic did go up before the price did ....lol
Because it repaints.....
Try it live and stop dreaming....I wish it did not repaint....

I expected it from the other guys but from "il be back" I did not......any professional can tell with one look

mrafzal Feb 10, 2019 10:09am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Picture on left shows historical data
Picture on right shows strategy tester
Both with the indicator attached with the same default settings
Currency GBPJPY
Timeframe H1

Click to Enlarge

Name: BANDS SMOOTHED REPAINTING.JPG
Size: 293 KB

robots4me Feb 10, 2019 10:15am | Post# 20

Sorry but are you guys noobs....
@PayTheBid -- you may need to start preparing your apology. What you describe is not repainting. You can only check for repainting using MT4's Strategy Tester.

When you code an indicator there are both dynamic and static objects that get drawn on a chart. Depending on whether or not there is a new tick and depending on how the indicator is attached to a chart, then sometimes stale, static objects remain. This is particularly problematical when you use templates. This is not an indicator issue and it is not related to repainting. Rather, it is a function of how MT4 draws and updates charts.

Repainting occurs when an indicator draws an object at the most recent candle, and then a few candles later changes the object. This actually occurs in the code. You can only detect this using MT4's Strategy Tester. What you guys keep thinking is repainting is not repainting.

You keep reporting that it repaints but you won't test it using MT4's Strategy Tester -- why?

© Forex Factory