Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Over complicate - and you lose (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=879445)

michaelpelly Feb 6, 2019 1:32am | Post# 1

Over complicate - and you lose

It never gets old.

Stop using charts, fancy indicators, auto-algo-fancy-shmency strategies and start GAINING profit base on the price movement!

Charts can mislead, indicators can stop working when market changes model, but buy low and sell a bit higher never fails.

And stop over complicate - sometimes profits will be big, sometimes small - itís still profit, work to acquire more capital.

Do not build space shuttles when you can have bicycle and ride to the next village.

Best trades I ever had were based on a price of something very deprecated for some period with reasonable risk and almost 1:1 leverage.

1. Oil when it was 28$, bought and just waited 4 weeks
  2. Copper when it was 2.00 - bought and waited 4-5 weeks
  3. The currencies wildly deprecated couple days after Swiss event in 2015 - bought NZD against CHF and waited couple of weeks
  4. NGAs couple weeks ago when it went 2.9 - bought half-contract, and then to 3.7 in 2 weeks

Keep it ducking simple!

jesxrussel Feb 6, 2019 2:01am | Post# 2

It never gets old. Stop using charts, fancy indicators, auto-algo-fancy-shmency strategies and start GAINING profit base on the price movement! Charts can mislead, indicators can stop working when market changes model, but buy low and sell a bit higher never fails. And stop over complicate - sometimes profits will be big, sometimes small - itís still profit, work to acquire more capital. Do not build space shuttles when you can have bicycle and ride to the next village. Best trades I ever had were based on a price of something very deprecated for...
i loike your style....keep ducking quack2

Sam016 Feb 8, 2019 3:43am | Post# 3

and how are we gonna know if the price is low enough to buy and high enough to sell

jesxrussel Feb 8, 2019 4:10am | Post# 4

and how are we gonna know if the price is low enough to buy and high enough to sell
what is support and resistance?
what is supply and demand??
what is price action??
i suggest your to find out what i've questioned above..study it and understand it well...

fxprimate Feb 9, 2019 7:24am | Post# 5

I sell in raining days and I buy in sunny days on cloudy days I stay out.

cat Feb 9, 2019 7:29am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: quote-genius-is-making-complex-ideas-simple-not-making-simple-ideas-complex-albert-einstein-112-.jpg
Size: 47 KB

STrading Feb 9, 2019 7:51am | Post# 7

{quote} LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. 1. Support/resistance is drawing lines to connect dead trades that no longer exist, so why would anyone try to trade them again???? 2. Supply/demand has no measurement. Price moves from economic news, based on interest rates, manufacturing, consumer spending, and employment, not how much currency is on hand, or not. In between news releases, price moves on technical analysis cycles, which have absolutely nothing to do with supply/demand. 3. Price action is guessing on an entry, based on nothing, and then if you are correct,...
For me the best indicator that you can have in this market is Support/Resistance if you draw them correctly.
Regarding supply/demand i believe it can assist on making decisions, but i wouldn't take it as a sure thing as well, but it can be useful to learn some things about it

KeenPips Feb 9, 2019 8:27am | Post# 8

Same thought mate. Much trading losses come from picking false tops or false bottoms.

KP

KeenPips Feb 9, 2019 8:29am | Post# 9

Only when confirmed by price action.

KP

{quote} For me the best indicator that you can have in this market is Support/Resistance...

KeenPips Feb 9, 2019 8:30am | Post# 10

Simplicity comes with experience, if I may add.

KP

{image}

cat Feb 9, 2019 8:42am | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Simplicity comes with experience, if I may add. KP {quote}
Absolutely.
Click to Enlarge

Name: add_text.jpg
Size: 73 KB

hilmy83 Feb 9, 2019 9:45am | Post# 12

Just curious..what's everybody's IQ around here? anybody have taken the mensa test?

i'm curious to know what the IQ to pnl graph looks like...

fxprimate Feb 9, 2019 9:56am | Post# 13

Just curious..what's everybody's IQ around here? anybody have taken the mensa test? i'm curious to know what the IQ to pnl graph looks like...
Mine was small.
But after stay for a while in the Freak thread, increased tremendously

martinaveyro Feb 9, 2019 9:57am | Post# 14

Simplicity comes with experience, if I may add. KP {quote}
Experience comes to from hard work

hilmy83 Feb 9, 2019 10:06am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Mine was small. But after stay for a while in the Freak thread, increased tremendously
i speculate it to be this result?

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.jpg
Size: 31 KB

fxprimate Feb 9, 2019 10:13am | Post# 16

{quote} i speculate it to be this result? {image}
Does not appear on graphic ... it's after genius

Horrido!

prophetfx Feb 9, 2019 10:19am | Post# 17

Correct do not complicate.

trading or relationship.

keep it simple clear and reliable

STrading Feb 9, 2019 10:20am | Post# 18

{quote} i speculate it to be this result? {image}
I always knew that i wasnt profitable because i was a genius lol
I think that one very important thing that may be related to that graph is being a perfectionist. Trading will never be a perfect thing and can get sloppy at some times. It is something that i have some trouble dealing with and i believe most people do also. Probably the genius will be more perfectionist than normal people and have more trouble dealing with the uncertainty of the markets.

MXT Feb 9, 2019 10:31am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Name: Do  Not Overcomplicate  Please.JPG
Size: 60 KB

BreakDaStops Feb 9, 2019 10:43am | Post# 20

That perfect price squeeze when storage supply got cut short by falling temperatures as oil prices been plummeting.

What goes after that just cover your eyes

© Forex Factory