Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How did you do last month? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=878555)

bs4 Feb 4, 2019 4:01pm | Post# 1

How did you do last month?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Just wanted to create a thread where we can share last month's performance.
I know you can do this with trading explorer, but I know that there are people like me who doesn't want to connect my trading platform to trading explorer.

Rules are simple:

1. Share screenshot of how you did last month. Real accounts only please.
  2. No photoshops please, use your time more wisely.
  3. Share % P&L, account size, account currency.

My goal is to share it for the year of 2019, and reflect on how I did.
Let's keep 'what strategy did you use to get that' or 'what indicators are you using' or 'what pairs are you trading' away.
If you wish, keep the conversation through PM among yourselves.

I want this thread to be clean, but just enough to be encouraging enough to push people to increase their performances
and comforting enough to let people know that people sometimes take losses.

Here goes my Jan 2019:
CAD currency
$5094.01 beginning balance
$5479.95 ending balance
7.57%

Click to Enlarge

Name: oanda.PNG
Size: 24 KB

lolpie Feb 7, 2019 11:37am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Started with roughly $1000 USD
All time high: $1106 (December 27th)
All time low: $145 (January 15)
Current balance: $308

I got greedy and overleveraged and got a nice margin call out of it
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 678
Size:  6 KB

Sam016 Feb 8, 2019 3:29am | Post# 3

Well ever since i blew up my account , i am learning again , so no profit or loss for me in the last month

bs4 Feb 8, 2019 10:18am | Post# 4

Started with roughly $1000 USD All time high: $1106 (December 27th) All time low: $145 (January 15) Current balance: $308 I got greedy and overleveraged and got a nice margin call out of it {image}
As long as you are learning from your mistakes and not making the same, you'll do better!
Let's be optimistic this Feb.

bs4 Feb 8, 2019 10:19am | Post# 5

Well ever since i blew up my account , i am learning again , so no profit or loss for me in the last month
Good! Read some books, formulate a strategy you're comfortable with!

AlexImam Feb 11, 2019 7:29am | Post# 6

honestly speaking , i waste full of time during last month,

LongBTC Feb 11, 2019 9:26am | Post# 7

{quote} Good! Read some books, formulate a strategy you're comfortable with!

Could you advise on what books are good for beginners? Maybe some youtube videos that are watch worthy?

bs4 Feb 12, 2019 10:32pm | Post# 8

{quote} Could you advise on what books are good for beginners? Maybe some youtube videos that are watch worthy?
I'm no expert by any means, but I found these materials help:

Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline, and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas
Inserted Video

Inserted Video

Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline, and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas

Infassen Feb 25, 2019 3:12am | Post# 9

Looks very natural. We all have been there, and your indicators look harmonically. It will be very interesting to keep an eye on your progress so keep posting. BTW why did you choose this particular strategy? What or who influenced on your decision?

JimmieKip Feb 25, 2019 6:16am | Post# 10

Sorry, I haven't been able to do that. Let me see and learn here.

dispersion Feb 25, 2019 10:01am | Post# 11

Hi, Just wanted to create a thread where we can share last month's performance. I know you can do this with trading explorer, but I know that there are people like me who doesn't want to connect my trading platform to trading explorer. Rules are simple: Share screenshot of how you did last month. Real accounts only please. No photoshops please, use your time more wisely. Share % P&L, account size, account currency. My goal is to share it for the year of 2019, and reflect on how I did. Let's keep 'what strategy did you use to get that' or 'what indicators...
The time spent for achieving results could be useful to calculate rate of return and assess your overall performance. So can you include it too?

bs4 Feb 28, 2019 11:12am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
It's already end of Feb.
Here goes my Feb 2019:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190228-110854_fxTrade (1).jpg
Size: 97 KB

CAD currency
$5479.95 beginning balance
$1500 deposited
$6979.95 adjusted beginning balance
$7108.85 ending balance
$129 profit
1.81% gain

My goal was to do above 3%, but only arrived at 1.81%, kind of disappointed but glad that I didn't lose money.
I also plan to gradually increase my account size and to learn how to stomach bigger trade sizes.

For the month of March, I'll probably stay away from GBP EUR CHF
and trade other currencies.

Share your story.

bs4 Feb 28, 2019 11:34am | Post# 13

{quote} The time spent for achieving results could be useful to calculate rate of return and assess your overall performance. So can you include it too?
Not sure if it's realistic to measure how long I spent on trading activities, because
random unintended activities influence my decision as well but those times I wasn't really spending time on trading,
like driving and listening to the news, watching the news, or even browsing forexfactory.
It is a definately good metric to include, I 100% agree.

But, on average, I think I spend around ~10 minutes/trade really focusing and formulating my reasons behind trading, all things included.

GDR3k Feb 28, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 14

On an account I am willing to say about - up about 1200% in February. Have a myfxbook linked to the account if anyone would like to see.

dispersion Mar 1, 2019 10:02am | Post# 15

On an account I am willing to say about - up about 1200% in February. Have a myfxbook linked to the account if anyone would like to see.
is it live account? If yes, then I definitely want to see it!

TradeMinim Mar 1, 2019 10:51am | Post# 16

Starting of a good month for March! Great trades btw

CryptoMania Mar 1, 2019 12:00pm | Post# 17

Unfortunately, no profits at the moment, I've stopped at the endpoint, can't move further

dispersion Mar 4, 2019 11:42am | Post# 18

{quote} Not sure if it's realistic to measure how long I spent on trading activities, because random unintended activities influence my decision as well but those times I wasn't really spending time on trading, like driving and listening to the news, watching the news, or even browsing forexfactory. It is a definately good metric to include, I 100% agree. But, on average, I think I spend around ~10 minutes/trade really focusing and formulating my reasons behind trading, all things included.
Nah, I meant for example monthly or yearly return. Calculation of return based on precise time spend for trading can be complicated and have little sense, I guess.

GEfx Mar 4, 2019 8:31pm | Post# 19

I had a great month. Thanks for asking!

domba Mar 4, 2019 8:45pm | Post# 20

Sad, blow my account

© Forex Factory